Bill O'Reilly loses what little credibility had remained over Gangnam Style! Some Psychiatrist, too.

Pages PREV 1 2

That ass clown psychiatrists on the show is representative of the reason psychology has a difficult time being recognized as a science. Too may fuckers running around spouting bullshit with a completely unwarranted title of expertise. It's like if you had a chemist running around talking about how you can turn lead into gold. I can't wait for the day that these mother fuckers get purged from the ranks of psychology.[1]

[1] No, not violently. I'm just pissed.

SonicWaffle:
Um...they do. Have you not listened to popular music in...well, ever? :-P

Well, if Bill O'Reilly thinks that:

Got a gal named Sue
She knows just what to do
She rocks to the east
She rocks to the west
She's the gal I love best

Constitutes an important and meaningful message which captured the heart of society because of its deep subtextual resonance with the spirit of the age, I think maybe we need to lower our standards a little.

Has he not read the English translation? It's a love song :P

evilthecat:

SonicWaffle:

Got a gal named Sue
She rocks to the east
She rocks to the west

Constitutes an important and meaningful message which captured the heart of society because of its deep subtextual resonance with the spirit of the age, I think maybe we need to lower our standards a little.

Or to put as the old movie Airheads (1994) put it:

Ian: Rock'n'roll's been all downhill since Lennon died.

Chaz: My whole life, people have been cramming this classic-rock crap down my throat. Think l give a shit about the Beatles?

Ian: No offence, but today's music doesn't have a whole lot to say.

Ian: ls that right? So you're gonna tell me that ''Purple Haze'' says something?

DeimosMasque:

evilthecat:

SonicWaffle:

Got a gal named Sue
She rocks to the east
She rocks to the west

Or to put as the old movie Airheads (1994) put it:

Ian: Rock'n'roll's been all downhill since Lennon died.

Chaz: My whole life, people have been cramming this classic-rock crap down my throat. Think l give a shit about the Beatles?

Ian: No offence, but today's music doesn't have a whole lot to say.

Ian: ls that right? So you're gonna tell me that ''Purple Haze'' says something?

Even that Buffalo Springfield song that always plays in a montage of images related to the 60s or protesting the Vietnam war is kind of umm... shallow. Though I guess it does capture the spirit of the time (at least as it is remembered.) Maybe it only seems shallow because that side won the argument.

Bill hasn't had any credibility since prior to 2004.

I somehow doubt that Keith Ablow has any degree that he didn't earn from either an online course or 2 day yoga seminars. He's Fox's go-to guest to try to legitimise the hateful spew that they hemorrhage to the public. He's there to agree with whatever the host says and then make it sound like anything besides "'Merica is good, everything else is weird". I'd never, ever point to that man and say he's an expert. I'm not surprised that Fox again is trying to create drama where there is none, to take a thing that everyone enjoys and try to make it something to hate. It's what they do.

I think we're giving Bill O'Reilly and his ilk too little credit. Their job is to amass wealth by generating ad revenue for their media handlers. Which they do by creating a never-ending series of "let's be scared/offended" skits that attract those predisposed to be scared/offended. They have financial incentive to not be reasonable.

None of these guys are hard-core fundamentalists or die-hard Republicans. If their antics end up hurting the party by making it a laughing stock, well, so what? They've got an audience to please; let the GoP burn.

Well, to his credit, it's not like most people are looking for the lyrics. So to anyone who doesn't speak Korean it was gibberish. Most people know it's another language though, but he was acting like it was just random sounds.

Didn't think dumbass claim Christianity wasn't a religion, it was a 'philosophy'?

Yeah...

This is one of the few pieces by Bill that I actually understand why he is using it (well him personally, as pretty much everything he says is catering to his audience). He doesn't understand why something in North America would be so popular when they can't understand the lyrics. I can understand why he might think that, but he simply doesn't get it.

The "psychiatrist" on his show however, that guy is a piece of work.

Bill OReilly, the rest of fox news, and the army of "psychiatrists" willing to be idiots to get a chance on the Television are getting funnier and funnier. At first they were stupid to a sane level, they tar and feathered every person that didn't believe what they believed and life was good. But then they went after the Lorrax for liberal propaganda, and then Halo 4 for trying to keep voters at home, and now finally Gangnam Style being in some strange gibberish language. Fox news is the Mel Gibson of news, they just don't know when to stop being crazy.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked