Must watch movies to open your eyes!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Over the years, starting at about 2008 or 2009 I stumbled upon Zeitgeist: The Movie which at the time totally blew my mind. Nowadays, it's gotten some good sequels, lot's of feedback and is actually widely know. We are living in times which are changing at a very quick pace and which has radical consequences. So no wonder there are a lot of movies out there nowadays that are supporting similar views. Because of this I made a list of my personal favorites and some of the most important documentaries that should be watched by anyone who is actually interested in such things
Now this list is far from perfect & I'm sure some of you if not most disagree with a lot of the subjects found on many of these films. So do I. In fact, many of them have bits that I don't agree on or am outright against & some just lack facts but most are pretty convincing I'd say. Then again, everyone has their own opinions. In the end, just have and open mind about it.

Anyway, if you are not familiar with these films, feel free to watch'em. Almost all of them are on youtube(except for TROM which host all their videos on their own site).

Also, if anyone has any other films similar that they want to share, feel free to do that too. In addition, I'm very interested in what the escapist community thinks about these films.

THE LIST:

1)Thrive
2)Zeitgeist: The Movie
3)Zeitgeist: Addendum
4)Zeitgeist: Moving Forward
5)The American Dream
6)TROM: the reality of me
7)Cosmos: A Personal Voyage (Carl Sagan)
8)James Burke: Connections
9)Culture in Decline

Here's a list of a little more pesudo'ish films or the ones that talk about the whole 12/21/12 thing. So I put these in a separate category. I guess you can also add the whole spirit science series here...

1)Beyond 2012: Evolving Perspectives on the Next Age
2)Killuminati The Movie
3)Ancient Knowledge

Zietgeist is nothing but conspiracy theories passed off as common sense. It's irrefutable garbage.

haha, your going to get flamed to hell and back for posting those movies, but I sympathize

I've seen Zeitgeist and Addendum when I was 18 (21 now) and at the time I was enthralled by it and really was my entrance to these "alternative" ideas, but I only had respect for it for a couple of months before I realized it was total bullshit. Really Zeitgeist is like a conspiracy movie for newbies, partially since it's so widely known. What Zeitgeist does to those who have no knowledge of this kind of stuff is it initially shatters their world and makes them open to all kinds of suggestion. What it does is give you a tidbit of some "truth" that's not well known to the public, like how Christian traditions are largely reflections of pagan ones based off of astrology, but then concludes that Jesus literally was the Sun and that he never existed and so you've been enslaved by a lie. The movie totally ignores stuff like the Council of Nicaea where the dates of Christian holidays were altered for political reasons. It's an avocation for atheism out of pure misrepresentation of facts. Then I see all over the internet these self deluded semi-intellectuals claiming that Jesus never existed and it really starts to annoy me. In reality these Zeitgeist people ironically hold on to their belief of the movie like it was a religion it's self. Then the movie goes on, for almost no reason because it's not tied to religion in any way, to stuff like the Fed and 9/11 and then tells half truths about those. It really all seems like a means of putting the ignorant into a vulnerable state where the Venus Project agenda will seem like a good idea, with the Venus Project being simply a psudo-communist form of top down control, who's goals would be impossible anyway. And if you want to get conspiracy-y about it, it should be noted the creator of the film, Jordan Maxwell, was a former member of the CIA. I haven't watched Moving Forward because I became disgusted by the whole thing before I got a chance (though I should just to know what the Zeitgeist zombies are up to).

I've also seen The American Dream and for a while as an avid believer in it, and even posted it on these forums back during the Occupy Wallstreet fiasco to help show who we should really be fighting against and while The American Dream was a well made show that summed up the banking cartel in an entertaining half hour, it left out very critical pieces of information and mislead people with a pro gold bias. Gold isn't the answer because it's been hoarded by the banking elite for generations and thus can control the money supply just as easily as they do with the central banking system. The answer in my opinion is a democratically controlled monetary policy which can only be achieved by returning the power of printing money to the government and keeping it fiat (so people can't hoard what it's based on).

The banking cartel is a major issue and just like what Zeitgeist does, people can be given a half truth and lead astray. For example, anyone who only knows of the Federal Reserve through Zeitgeist or The American Dream will believe that the Fed profits off of the interest accumulated by their loans, when in fact all profits must be returned to the American government making the Fed a better investment. That doesn't change that they're criminals, it just makes the issue far more complicated. I mean, if a guy with no knowledge of the economy can suddenly know that we're being screwed over by watching a half hour video on youtube, don't you think the professionals would have noticed it by now?

The most informative documentaries I've seen on the banking cartel has been The Secret of OZ:

and the money masters:

The other movie that you listed that I've seen was Thrive, which I enjoyed when I saw it a couple years ago when it first came out, but been meaning to watch again to develop a second opinion. I remember it was that movie that first opened me up to things like sacred geometry, which I'm studying right now, but I also remember it talking about the Ancient Astronaut theory which I've thoroughly come to disbelieve mainly due to this very well researched documentary simply called Ancient Aliens Debunked:

But good on you for having an open mind to these kinds of ideas, but just remember that the road to truth never ends. Don't get presumptuous that just because you've found out something paradigm shifting that your suddenly this well informed insider, or even that what you've come across is true.

Zeitgeist is awfully researched. Don't know most of the other movies.
I can agree with Cosmos, though. Sagan is awesome. Billions of kinds of awesome. I recommend "A Demon-Haunted World" and "Pale Blue Dot" when it comes to his writings, by the way, for skeptical and inspiring writings.

newfoundsky:
Zietgeist is nothing but conspiracy theories passed off as common sense. It's irrefutable garbage.

Exactly this, I am sick of people just blatantly accepting Zeitgeist because they want to when it has no evidence to support it.

I remember the last zietgiest thread we had, I remember how it was show repeatedly to be a bunch of idealistic nonsense and its supporters did a terrible job of defending it. But I'm sure that this thread will go a lot better.

konna:
Over the years, starting at about 2008 or 2009 I stumbled upon Zeitgeist: The Movie.

And this is where I stopped reading...

the clockmaker:
I remember the last zietgiest thread we had, I remember how it was show repeatedly to be a bunch of idealistic nonsense and its supporters did a terrible job of defending it. But I'm sure that this thread will go a lot better.

Didn't Einstein say something about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

The Gentleman:

konna:
Over the years, starting at about 2008 or 2009 I stumbled upon Zeitgeist: The Movie.

the clockmaker:

Didn't Einstein say something about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

I was being just the teensiest bit sarcastic, and I believe that it was Vaas montenegro that said that (note, also sarcasm)

the clockmaker:

IIRC, it was supporter, singular, and instead of defending it, restating the OP in the hope people would suddenly stop thinking it was garbage.

konna:
Must watch movies to open your eyes!

Vice-versa, surely?

Zeitgeist is trash, though I have no idea about the other movies you've posted.

thaluikhain:

the clockmaker:

IIRC, it was supporter, singular, and instead of defending it, restating the OP in the hope people would suddenly stop thinking it was garbage.

One supporter with sockpuppets but I'm just being nitpicky here.

Thanks for everyone's opinion. You people obviously have some serious hate against zeitgeist. Why am I not surprised? Then again I do understand. Throughout the series, it has made some bold statements that are lacking facts and the overall premise is full of holes. And to be perfectly honest I don't give a crap about it. It was just something back in the day which made some good points for me and as a 16yo kid back then, it really helped me understand that the world wasn't what I thought it was. Zeitgeist may or may not be shit but I was hoping to speculate on more than just that as there are many others on the list and I do hope most of you are aware of some of the others? If you really wanna hate and call something full of conspiracy-theory crap, watch the very last two on the list, that being the Killuminati The Movie & Ancient Knowledge. Oh you guys are gonna love it. After you watch this, we can keep this thread alive for days if not weeks, just going at the fuckers for leaving out important facts & throwing "idealistic pseudo-communist" ideas around. There's gonna be ancient aliens in it, I promise. ;) So yeah, how can we miss out on this roast?

But on a more serious note, please get over zeitgeist: yes it's bad, I get it, we get it, everyone get's it. I don't promote it. Itss just something I added on the list as a last second thought as I remembered watching it years ago. However, I do promote TROM as it just is worth it. Watch that, be happy, god bless the USA!

And please, let's continue this threat without zeitgeist. I learned my lesson.

konna:
Thanks for everyone's opinion. You people obviously have some serious hate against zeitgeist. Why am I not surprised? Then again I do understand. Throughout the series, it has made some bold statements that are lacking facts and the overall premise is full of holes. And to be perfectly honest I don't give a crap about it. It was just something back in the day which made some good points for me and as a 16yo kid back then, it really helped me understand that the world wasn't what I thought it was.

While I take your intended meaning - you seem to be saying that these are movies which changed your worldview rather than movies which are actually accurate, and that's fair enough - perhaps listing your particular movies was a mistake. That just gives people an opportunity to rip into the films for how bad they are rather than addressing your point.

OT: For me, I think it was the Matrix. I'd already read Descartes and was interested by Plato's allegory about the cave, but seeing those ideas played with in a more modern setting really made me think about them a lot more. For a movie that was largely about kung-fu kicking Hugo Weaving in the face, the original Matrix makes some pretty good points about the nature of reality as we perceive it.

The fact that Cosmos appears on the same list as Zeitgeist makes me want to scream "I don't want to live on this planet any more".

Zeitgeist and how bad it is, Cosmos and how good it is and The American Dream and how good it was but was lacking....
That's all I'm gonna get right? Sigh, figures.
A second time, God bless the USA!

konna:
Zeitgeist and how bad it is, Cosmos and how good it is and The American Dream and how good it was but was lacking....

Just a pointer, it helps to use the 'quote' button when responding to people or threads - that way the Escapist you're talking to gets a notification in their inbox, which is much easier than regularly checking back on certain threads.

Also, I don't get what you mean by "God bless the USA!". What does that have to do with movies?

SonicWaffle:

konna:

Just a pointer, it helps to use the 'quote' button when responding to people or threads - that way the Escapist you're talking to gets a notification in their inbox, which is much easier than regularly checking back on certain threads.

Also, I don't get what you mean by "God bless the USA!". What does that have to do with movies?

I'll use the quote button when I want to directly quote someone, which I haven't had the need for yet... well I guess until now. :D
As far as blessing the states. I mean, Americans need all the blessing they can get and maybe it also helps with the notion that I'm not a crazed-zeitgeist-loving-atheist. You know, just in case.

konna:

SonicWaffle:

konna:

I'll use the quote button when I want to directly quote someone, which I haven't had the need for yet... well I guess until now. :D
As far as blessing the states. I mean, Americans need all the blessing they can get and maybe it also helps with the notion that I'm not a crazed-zeitgeist-loving-atheist. You know, just in case.

Yeah, but if you don't use the quote button, people don't have a reason to come back to the thread, so they tend to die pretty quickly. That's been my experience anyway.

As for the original post, I think it's more that people have misunderstood you. I read it as you mentioning movies that caused you to think differently, rather than recommending movies to other people in the hope of educating them. Going by the other posters in this thread, they seem to have resented that, and instead of responding have just attacked your choice of movies.

SonicWaffle:

konna:

SonicWaffle:

Yeah, but if you don't use the quote button, people don't have a reason to come back to the thread, so they tend to die pretty quickly. That's been my experience anyway.

As for the original post, I think it's more that people have misunderstood you. I read it as you mentioning movies that caused you to think differently, rather than recommending movies to other people in the hope of educating them. Going by the other posters in this thread, they seem to have resented that, and instead of responding have just attacked your choice of movies.

It's a little bit of both I suppose. Like I said in the beginning, this list is in no way perfect.
In the end I wasn't so much surprised at the fact that people reacted negatively to zeitgeist, as it is a controversial series but the fact that the discussion pretty much stopped there. Most of the films we'rent even mentioned by anyone and zeitgeist made up a fraction of the whole list. I guess in the end I was just hoping to share ideas on the different films and maybe get a few suggestions on similar ones that other people have enjoyed or have seen as eye-opening.
Still, thank you for understanding and informing me. I am quite new the the escapist forum and forums in general. Just never been my thing. Always thought that the escapist had one of the more open-minded ones which may or may not be true now as I have seen with the posts in this thread but yeah, everyone has their opinions.

konna:
Snip

When you top your list with utter garbage such as Thrive and Zeitgeist what do you expect?
Newage conspiracy nonsense tied with either aliens, or non-sustainable social and economic systems made you think exactly what?

Shouldn't you not being a "crazed-zeitgeist-loving-atheist" make you feel happy about the people here dismissing Zeitgeist as shoddy (or worse)? After all, one of the main complaints we get around here is that this subforum is just an Atheist fest where any and all criticism of religion, no matter how valid or flimsy, is unthinkingly welcomed.

First off you should cool your jets a little and lay off the sarcasm (because I'm not sure what's sarcasm and what isn't anymore...)

Also, mods please don't ban him, we still want to talk to him, or at least I do, as soon as I find out how to respond to that..

konna:
snip

Were talking about the same movies right? you really going to defend a films which base their ideas and evidence on people like David Icke who think that Jews are the spawn of Satan and that the British royal family are a bunch of lizard people?

Verbatim:

konna:
snip

Were talking about the same movies right? you really going to defend a films which base their ideas and evidence on people like David Icke who think that Jews are the spawn of Satan and that the British royal family are a bunch of lizard people?

No, I'm not defending neither him nor the movies.

konna:

The Gentleman:

konna:

You broke my heart good sir. I hope god has mercy on your soul for not giving your fellow man a chance and the only way you can redeem your right to own a place in heaven next to god is if you explain your actions on commenting on a topic while not fully even reading my post?! Shame on you!

Here's the problem: you're not the first to spout the "eye-opening experience" of the Zeitgeist video series. You're not even within the first ten on this site alone. For me, you're closer to the low fifties of bright-eyed people I've come across who wanted to spread the word of the Zeitgeist. Believe me, I've given it a chance, but it was long before you showed up.

It was cute at first, but, as with most conspiracy movements, it's become a severe irritation like so many others.

konna:
Thanks for everyone's opinion. You people obviously have some serious hate against zeitgeist.

Rejecting and denouncing a work that calls itself a documentary because it is poorly researched is not hate. It is part of how one avoids being brainwashed, and an effort to help others to avoid the same.

The Gentleman:

konna:

The Gentleman:

You broke my heart good sir. I hope god has mercy on your soul for not giving your fellow man a chance and the only way you can redeem your right to own a place in heaven next to god is if you explain your actions on commenting on a topic while not fully even reading my post?! Shame on you!

Here's the problem: you're not the first to spout the "eye-opening experience" of the Zeitgeist video series. You're not even within the first ten on this site alone. For me, you're closer to the low fifties of bright-eyed people I've come across who wanted to spread the word of the Zeitgeist. Believe me, I've given it a chance, but it was long before you showed up.

It was cute at first, but, as with most conspiracy movements, it's become a severe irritation like so many others.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but considering how long the series and the movement has been around and how much heads it has turned, it would be pretty bias of me to think that this is something anyone here has never seen before. The point of the list was to compile a list of films I find worth watching, even if most don't agree with this series in particular and they have good reasons for it. But to consider that I just now discovered this "diamond" & needed to share with all of you this never-before seen thing is well, wrong. That's it. Sorry to be the 50th guy or whatever to post this. But look at it in a different light, if I was compiling a list of say for example my favorite shooters & would put Half-Life 2 on it, then I doubt it would be a problem even though it has been on countless list prior & even if it was a bad or poor game(which it of course is not).

McMullen:

konna:
Thanks for everyone's opinion. You people obviously have some serious hate against zeitgeist.

Rejecting and denouncing a work that calls itself a documentary because it is poorly researched is not hate. It is part of how one avoids being brainwashed, and an effort to help others to avoid the same.

Well yeah, no. It's just hate. Be it a poor excuse for a documentary. It's still hate.
If it would just be a poorly done documentary(which it probably is), then it would have been called that. Not 'It's irrefutable garbage,' or something other like that. And this is common for the series, so yeah, it's definitely hate. So what? Doesn't change anything of course but let's call things as they are, okay?

ok here we go (inhales)

Welcome Konna, To The Escapist! :D

Here at the Escapist, The Religion and Politics Board will offer the chance to converse with people from a wide variety of political or religious opinions stretching from both sides of the spectrum. Though despite this, just as the saying "birds of a feather flock together" goes, the same is true for the Religion and Politics Board of the Escapist. One will find that this board has become a gathering place of people healthily pertaining to a particular ideology consisting generally of:

1. Center to left political bias.
and
2. Atheistic beliefs with a variety of interpretations of "atheist", though more often appealing to the school of thought of people such as Richard Dawkins, as opposed to that of Zeitgeist.

As such, when crafting a thread for our enjoyment, one should expect a portion of reactions to the subject matter to be derived from this ideology.

In addition, when crafting your thread, very clearly should it be made as to what subject matter is to be discussed and in which direction the conversation shall move forth. If a matter of factual claim is presented before us, we will present and exchange what to the best of our knowledge is related factual information in order to express and enforce our individual opinions. Yet, if the Original Poster wishes us to only consider the thought provoking ideas of the topic then he and/or she should make it clear and our members will be glad to muse philosophically with you as we individually find to be in our interest.

Even though each is his own unique snow flake, an important characteristic is shared amongst our brethren which is the reasonable and intelligible effort put forth in the presentment of one's ideas. All men are created equal and in the political arena all people hold widely differing opinions for their own complex and individual reasons. In order for orderly and enjoyable conversation to take place ideas must be clearly presented and readily received and respected. Whilst participating in the political arena one should remember that opinions in many cases make up the basis for one's outlook on life or society and emotions will often create vehement discussion consisting partially of creative word play with the subtle motive of discouragement of one's opponent. Insults are in large part not welcomed in the community, but when coupled and connected to the presentment of the topical opinion, the resulting show of genuine feelings for the discussion at hand is still yet welcomed, though one would do well to make sure that within his and/or her post there exists a great majority of facts and merely a small segment of aggressively creative word play.
So grow your hide fast New-comer! For the gloves are off and punches are not pulled!

Now for a statement from community member Hammartroll:

Hi Konna! And Welcome To The Escapist! :D

If I may make a suggestion for the duration and success of your thread, perhaps you should pick out points of interest in your videos and ask our opinions of them, otherwise the most you can expect us to do is make general statements of what we know about the videos. In addition, the most you can expect the general population here to have seen is the much more popular Zeitgiest and Cosmos movies, so don't expect much commentary on the rest without your summation of their contents to us.

I pulled a similar stunt as yours not too long ago when I posted a series of videos, often over an hour long, of a man's lecture and case for Creationism, with the intention that people would actually take that much time to watch them and discuss them.
The thread can be found here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/528.388749-I-found-a-guy-that-makes-a-good-arguement-for-creation-against-evolution-FIRST-UPDATE?page=1

Since the argument for Creation was naturally sketchy (much like what is claimed in your videos) people refused to take the time to watch them and demanded a summary. Since I was genuinely interested in other people's opinions of the videos' ideas I went through the trouble of detailing the main topics for my guest's convenience (though the thread ended pretty fast after that...)

So perhaps you can post a few the particularly thought provoking points made in a few of them. You don't need to be for or against them, just point out that they bring up an interesting point. Perhaps pick out one movie and detail it in another thread, quality over quantity. And keep in mind, we're ultimately here because we want to teach each other what we know, not make fun of each other, so if we insult you just remember it's a means of having fun or emphasizing a point (while having fun).

Also, another reason why I brought up that thread I made was because it was largely a learning experience for me, as was many other threads I made here. You have to be willing to let go of preconceived notions when your here because if your wrong, people will tell you, and if you ask them why, they'll tell you exactly why in great detail. I've grown to have great respect for this board because of this. Also, don't mistake people for being close minded here, the subject matter of the threads clearly show that's not the case, it's just there's a difference between facts and ideas.

konna:

Well yeah, no. It's just hate. Be it a poor excuse for a documentary. It's still hate.

Hate is a strong word. Don't equate hate with dislike or dismissal. As long as the movie's credibility is compromised, I see no reason to watch it. Doesn't mean I hate it.

+1 recommendation for the Cosmos series though. It's very educational and even if some things are outdated, it will be very enlightening to one who doesn't know a scientist's perspective. Especially some of you religious folk in here.

So what's Zeitgeist about anyway?

If it's a documentary I really can't be bothered with one that's over 2 hours long.

Hammartroll:
ok here we go (inhales)

Welcome Konna, To The Escapist! :D

Here at the Escapist, The Religion and Politics Board will offer the chance to converse with people from a wide variety of political or religious opinions stretching from both sides of the spectrum. Though despite this, just as the saying "birds of a feather flock together" goes, the same is true for the Religion and Politics Board of the Escapist. One will find that this board has become a gathering place of people healthily pertaining to a particular ideology consisting generally of:

1. Center to left political bias.
and
2. Atheistic beliefs with a variety of interpretations of "atheist", though more often appealing to the school of thought of people such as Richard Dawkins, as opposed to that of Zeitgeist.

As such, when crafting a thread for our enjoyment, one should expect a portion of reactions to the subject matter to be derived from this ideology.

In addition, when crafting your thread, very clearly it should be made as to what subject matter is to be discussed and in which direction the conversation shall move forth. If a matter of factual claim is presented before us, we will present and exchange what to the best of our knowledge is related factual information in order to express and enforce our individual opinions. Yet, if the Original Poster wishes us to only consider the thought provoking ideas of the topic then he and/or she should make it clear and our members will be glad to muse philosophically with you as we individually find to be in our interest.

Even though each is his own unique snow flake, an important characteristic is shared amongst our brethren which is the reasonable and intelligible effort put forth in the presentment of one's ideas. All men are created equal and in the political arena all people hold widely differing opinions for their own complex and individual reasons. In order for orderly and enjoyable conversation to take place ideas must be clearly presented and readily received and respected. Whilst participating in the political arena one should remember that opinions in many cases make up the basis for one's outlook on life or society and emotions will often create vehement discussion consisting partially of creative word play with the subtle motive of discouragement of one's opponent. Insults are in large part not welcomed in the community, but when coupled and connected to the presentment of the topical opinion, the resulting show of genuine feelings for the discussion at hand is still yet welcomed, though one would do well to make sure that within his and/or her post there exists a great majority of facts and merely a small segment of aggressively creative word play.
So grow your hide fast New-comer! For the gloves are off and punches are not pulled!

Now for a statement from community member Hammartroll:

Hi Konna! And Welcome To The Escapist! :D

If I may make a suggestion for the duration and success of your thread, perhaps you should pick out points of interest in your videos and ask our opinions of them, otherwise the most you can expect us to do is make general statements of what we know about the videos. In addition, the most you can expect the general population here to have seen is the much more popular Zeitgiest and Cosmos movies, so don't expect much commentary on the rest without your summation of their contents to us.

I pulled a similar stunt as yours not too long ago when I posted a series of videos, often over an hour long, of a man's lecture and case for Creationism, with the intention that people would actually take that much time to watch them and discuss them.
The thread can be found here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/528.388749-I-found-a-guy-that-makes-a-good-arguement-for-creation-against-evolution-FIRST-UPDATE?page=1

Since the argument for Creation was naturally sketchy (much like what is claimed in your videos) people refused to take the time to watch them and demanded a summary. Since I was genuinely interested in other people's opinions of the videos' ideas I went through the trouble of detailing the main topics for my guest's convenience (though the thread ended pretty fast after that...)

So perhaps you can post a few the particularly thought provoking points made in a few of them. You don't need to be for or against them, just point out that they bring up an interesting point. Perhaps pick out one movie and detail it in another thread, quality over quantity. And keep in mind, we're ultimately here because we want to teach each other what we know, not make fun of each other, so if we insult you just remember it's a means of having fun or emphasizing a point (while having fun).

Also, another reason why I brought up that thread I made was because it was largely a learning experience for me, as was many other threads I made here. You have to be willing to let go of preconceived notions when your here because if your wrong, people will tell you, and if you ask them why, they'll tell you exactly why in great detail. I've grown to have great respect for this board because of this. Also, don't mistake people for being close minded here, the subject matter of the threads clearly show that's not the case, it's just there's a difference between facts and ideas.

Thank you. That was beautiful and I really mean it. :)

Hi Konna: Interesting thread idea. I will contribute without discussing Zeitgeist at all!

If I am getting you right you want to discuss films that cause of have caused paradigm shifts for people; regardless of whether you still hold to those views now.

Here is one off the top of my head (and, before commenting on this people, please read the reason).

Bowling for Columbine

I remember watching it when it came out in the movies. I found it funny and informative but a bit mind-blowing to see the gun culture in the US (and just for the record; I am not against guns in principal). The backlash to the film and Moore's Oscar speech made me research the issues further and I discovered that, especially in his portrayal of Charlton Heston, he was being dishonest - he needed a villain in his piece and Heston fit the bill. So this film was significant for me because it gave me a new perspective gun control in the US and then prompted me to look beyond the material and see where the truth really lay. It probably bears some responsibility for my identification as a skeptic today.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked