Your personal worst "newscaster" or pundit?

For me, it is Nancy Grace, this woman makes me so mad. Let's cover casey anthony some more! Can you report on a minority child that's gone missing? Anyway, she just leaves a bad taste. I can't stand shows where people yell over eachother.

How about you? Provide vids please :) Here is Mr. Stewart on Nancy Grace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4QIDBZ39XA&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I hate her voice, and to her, you probably killed your kid if he "runs away" for a few hours.

I hate Jon Stewart. Just kidding, put the knives away. Heathens.

I really fucking hate Walter Kronkite because he got US troops killed during the first Gulf War by PURPOSEFULLY giving away their positions in the First Gulf War. Fucking hobbit. . .

Rush Limbaugh makes me physically ill. What a disgusting toad.

newfoundsky:
I really fucking hate Walter Kronkite because he got US troops killed during the first Gulf War by PURPOSEFULLY giving away their positions in the First Gulf War. Fucking hobbit. . .

wait first i've ever heard of this

Micheal Savage.

Although he's not the most alltime most extreme talker (that honor goes to Pastor Bob Enyart), he still manages to spew lines that makes Limbaugh and Hannity look like Haight/Ashbury hippies in comparison. What also sets him over the top...

-his regular threats and calls for violence against people...by name, even.
-he goes through almost the same emotional range. Jovial, then pissed off, then jovial, then pissed off to the point of near heart attack.
-he can't get through a show without trying the "I'm the last living conservative in media" schtick.

Jon Snow.

Ha, no, I jest. Snow is an absolute boss. For added hilarity, do a YouTube search for clips of him on Big Fat Quiz, using his newsy voice to talk about things like Poker Face.

I can't think of any I hate really, but would the guy who does the obnoxious news feed on the Conservapedia main page count as a newscaster? It's genuinely horrible. Everything relates to the evils of liberals, atheists, gays and how evolution is being banished back to the darkness from whence it came. I used to read it for entertainment, but it's become so vitriolic and deranged that I can't even laugh at it anymore.

SonicWaffle:
I can't think of any I hate really, but would the guy who does the obnoxious news feed on the Conservapedia main page count as a newscaster? It's genuinely horrible. Everything relates to the evils of liberals, atheists, gays and how evolution is being banished back to the darkness from whence it came.

You forgot about how the theory of relativity is a liberal plot to... do... some.... crazy shit? I dunno, I can't read conservapedia for long before my brain just shuts down. It's a self-preservation reflex.

OT: Alan fucking Jones. I doubt anyone from outside of australia will know him, so count yourselves lucky.

In a way he's a bit like australia's rush limbaugh, but I think he's worse. Probably because I don't listen to rush at all, but whatever. The big ones for me are the cronulla riots stuff and his comments on John gillard.

The cronulla riots were a series of racial attacks on muslims and indians (probably because the stupid bogans thought brown=muslim) in a sydney suburb, and on the day of the main riots, Jones publicised and discussed (to a large audience) a message saying "Come to Cronulla this weekend to take revenge... get down to North Cronulla to support the Leb and wog bashing day", and was found guilty of inciting hatred and vilification of muslims.

The other big thing I hate him for was his speech about john gillard, Julia gillards father, who had recently died. At an event jone's was speaking at, he got up and said "gyThe old man recently died a few weeks ago of shame. To think that he had a daughter who told lies every time she stood for parliament." Now I don't care what you think of a politician, but that sort of thing is just not okay. It's no secret that I have a great deal of disdain for Tony Abbott and most of his shadow cabinet, but never would it be acceptable to make such a statement about a recently deceased parent. Jones also made an "apology", in which he never really said he was sorry, and then claimed that he was a victim of cyber bullying because people organised boycotts against companies advertised on his show.

Oh, and he regularly suggests tying the prime minister up, putting her in a sack, and throwing her out to sea. He's a disgusting excuse for a person.

CAMDAWG:

SonicWaffle:
I can't think of any I hate really, but would the guy who does the obnoxious news feed on the Conservapedia main page count as a newscaster? It's genuinely horrible. Everything relates to the evils of liberals, atheists, gays and how evolution is being banished back to the darkness from whence it came.

You forgot about how the theory of relativity is a liberal plot to... do... some.... crazy shit? I dunno, I can't read conservapedia for long before my brain just shuts down. It's a self-preservation reflex.

As I understand it, they've confused general relativity with moral relitivism, and it's now gone so far that attempting to correct them earns accusations of "liberal deceit" and a permaban. One thing Conservapedia absolutely refuses to do is admit to a mistake, preferring to insist they were right all along while banning dissenting voices.

I used to love the site, it was a great source of chuckles, but like you I can't really read it anymore. It makes me so angry - and I'm not a guy who gets angry much - that I just wish I could somehow make them listen to reason. I could start an account, provide a billion factual sources and citations to disprove whatever they might be saying, and scream "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THIS AND STOP TALKING SUCH RIDICULOUS HATEFUL BULLSHIT!", and all they'd do is dismiss me as a foolish liberal atheist who opposes public school prayer. It's the lack of a way to talk to them that makes me really upset; I don't think I'd be so annoyed if I could manage to get the message accross that they're acting like the awful, close-minded bigots they accuse liberals of being, but knowing they'd never listen makes me want to weep with frustration.

SonicWaffle:

CAMDAWG:

SonicWaffle:

As I understand it, they've confused general relativity with moral relitivism, and it's now gone so far that attempting to correct them earns accusations of "liberal deceit" and a permaban. One thing Conservapedia absolutely refuses to do is admit to a mistake, preferring to insist they were right all along while banning dissenting voices.

I used to love the site, it was a great source of chuckles, but like you I can't really read it anymore. It makes me so angry - and I'm not a guy who gets angry much - that I just wish I could somehow make them listen to reason. I could start an account, provide a billion factual sources and citations to disprove whatever they might be saying, and scream "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THIS AND STOP TALKING SUCH RIDICULOUS HATEFUL BULLSHIT!", and all they'd do is dismiss me as a foolish liberal atheist who opposes public school prayer. It's the lack of a way to talk to them that makes me really upset; I don't think I'd be so annoyed if I could manage to get the message accross that they're acting like the awful, close-minded bigots they accuse liberals of being, but knowing they'd never listen makes me want to weep with frustration.

I don't know that they've "confused" them, seeing as the page still (semi-)describes physical relativity, it just draws some batshit insane link to moral relativism at seemingly arbitrary points.

What I find crazier is Schlafly's "best of the people" shtick, which I think goes something like "the best from a large group of people is always better than an expert", and I think is essentially used as a form of mob rule, to justify evolution being wrong (because the large group who don't believe must be better than those who spent their whole lives studying the subject) etc. I particularly like his argument about chess. that the best chess grandmaster in the world could be beaten by the best of the public. Well yes, sometimes, but for one very good reason. A large enough group will contain THE SECOND BEST GRANDMASTER IN THE WORLD YOU MORON. And really, the gaps between those guys at the top are pretty fucking small.

It does comfort me though, that they have such a small audience (at least as I understand it). Something like fox news, while much less crazy, is more dangerous and rage-inducing to me because they have so much influence.

There are plenty to choose from but ultimately i'd say Michael Savage. He's all the crazy of Glenn Beck combined with the ego issues of Rush Limbaugh with the added detail that while Beck has a background and comedy and may to some extent know how ridiculous he sounds, Savage takes his garbage seriously.

But...I can't pick just one! I guess I'll go with Olbermann, since so many of my others have been mentioned. He was a pretentious douchebag and I was not surprised when he lost his job.

SonicWaffle:
Jon Snow.

Ha, no, I jest. Snow is an absolute boss. For added hilarity, do a YouTube search for clips of him on Big Fat Quiz, using his newsy voice to talk about things like Poker Face.

I can't think of any I hate really, but would the guy who does the obnoxious news feed on the Conservapedia main page count as a newscaster? It's genuinely horrible. Everything relates to the evils of liberals, atheists, gays and how evolution is being banished back to the darkness from whence it came. I used to read it for entertainment, but it's become so vitriolic and deranged that I can't even laugh at it anymore.

Channel 4 News's Jon Snow? He is indeed a boss; whenever I get sick of watching the BBC do their "both sides" shtick, going back and forth between an Astrophysicist and a fucking Astrologer to discuss something like a comet, I love flipping over to C4 News and seeing Snow berating morons and calling out politicians on their bullshit. He's proof that you can present a balanced and accurate news show without pandering to every whackaloon who might get offended if you quite rightly tell them they're just plain wrong.

I'm going to break with the tradition of going with one of the FOX or ex-FOX pundits(not because they don't deserve it, but because everyone with enough self-awareness to recognise that FOX is shite already has, and those that don't will argue their saintliness until the heat death of the fucking universe), and instead go with a UK shitbag; Paul McMullan. This ambulatory colostomy bag has been going from current affairs show to current affairs show since the phone hacking scandal first broke, performing his best impression of a chimp painting its face with its own shit, arguing that essentially; there is no right to privacy, the public have a right to know anything they want no matter how intrusive or mundane the detail, and that journalists were not merely justified but right to hack the phones of victims of murder, terror attacks, and disasters -and their families as well-. If I ever met the man face to face, I'm fairly certain the weight of my contempt for him would manifest as a physical force and crush his malformed little head like a fucking grape.

UK centric post.

there is one guy drives me spare atm.

its not because of what he says but because of what he is and what he does and what he apparently can't stop doing as "presenting".

it's not like we haven't had after the news magazine programs before...when i was a kid (in the 70s) we had "Nationwide" and it all the same types of content you'd associate with such a show and that similarly exists today on "The One Show"...although with a profusion of 70s greys, browns, huge collars and big hair...what it didn't have however was an ex Blue Peter presenter still presenting in EXACTLY the same style and speaking to the adults of the nation after the news as if they were fucking 8 years old still watching childrens television -.-

screw you Matt Baker.

and if that doesn't count then David Starkey as a "pundit" on any news item but especially during election broadcasts...insufferable prick that he is.

Kay Burley, newsreader for sky news (that should already give you some clue) was once accused of throttling a fellow member of the press.
She said "As far as I am aware I did not put my hands around her neck. I was hit in the face with a camera. Like anyone else would do I just put my hands up."
And here is the photo.

That's not even the worst of it, look her up, I can guarantee she'll disgust you.

On the left wing: Keith Olbermann. Wanted to be equal parts Dan Rather and Jon Stewart. Failed miserably.

On the right wing: Probably Bill O'Reilly. This would have gone to Rush Limbaugh had Limbaugh not lampooned himself in the best episode of Family Guy in years. But O'Reilly actually thinks of himself as a journalist, and I find that insulting in a deeply hurtful away.

Chris Wallace, Sean Hanity, Ann Coulter.

Chris is a egotistical piece of pundit trash, Sean is around the same but is a deliberate liar and Coulter is extremely diluted, self loathing as a woman, and also deliberately misleads people.

I have no love for Brett Baer, Glenn Beck or any of the female hosts on Fox either, although Bill O'Reilly I once in a blue moon find myself agreeing with (mostly for more strict laws on gun control, but no gun prohibition).

There are a few on MSNBC that tend to be overly wonkish and partisan to be partisan (fox counterweights) but find them less so considering they do not disseminate factually wrong material.

Stephen Sackur from the BBC's 'Hard Talk' drives me up a wall sometimes as he deliberately and repeatedly interrupts his guests and tends to talk over them. I find this is quite common on the BBC though as compared to NPR and other radio broadcast pundits/journalists.

On the flip side, I love Neil Conan, Dick Gordon, Terry Gross (all from NPR).

CAMDAWG:
OT: Alan fucking Jones. I doubt anyone from outside of australia will know him, so count yourselves lucky.

+1 to the unlucky count...

Not exactly a newscaster, but Kyle Sandilands is giving Alan some competion for the 'Biggest Waste of Skin' award.

Bill-

newfoundsky:

I hate Jon Stewart.

Just kidding, put the knives away. Heathens.

>.>

Oops...

Ahem.

Bill "You Can't Explain That" O'Rielly.

Nancy Grace is a raging jerk, but most of the morans on Faux News irk me.

mattttherman3:
For me, it is Nancy Grace, this woman makes me so mad. Let's cover casey anthony some more! Can you report on a minority child that's gone missing? Anyway, she just leaves a bad taste. I can't stand shows where people yell over eachother.

How about you? Provide vids please :) Here is Mr. Stewart on Nancy Grace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4QIDBZ39XA&feature=endscreen&NR=1

serious question. shes a real reporter? she even looks like a parody reporter or something

wombat_of_war:

mattttherman3:

serious question. shes a real reporter? she even looks like a parody reporter or something

Well she's been on the air for years. She tries to be judge judy, she even had a show like it. She's also been on dancing with the stars. So my answer is no

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked