If there is no god, then where did we come from?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Aglynugga:

Ps. lol like how many people believe in God right because there are no evedence there must be none oh wait there are billions of people that believe in God.

Which God?

Different people believe in different Gods, which means they ALL exist, right?

Aglynugga:
You know who has studied God? For thousand of years? The Roamn Catolic Church has. For thousnads of years hebrew people have studied the nature of God. For thousands of years muslims have studied the natrue of God. And you have jsut spat in their faces and said that all that they have learned and taught is nothing. You go tell those poeple that they did not study God and that you cant study God. Even a Godless person liek you can study God. But you choose to close your heart and be blind.

Nit-picking point first of all. Out of your three examples, only the Hebrew people have studied Yahweh for thousands of years. The Toman Catholic Church will reach the big 2,000 in a decade or two and Islam still has about six centuries to go.

Secondly, although people can be disrespectful - in and of itself stating that Yahweh isn't real isn't spitting in anyone's face. People might take it as such, but then what can you do? If you hold to that point of view then when you state Yahweh does exist, you're spitting in the face of all the atheists down the ages who fought and often died to be able to say that he didn't. You're spitting in the face of all the Buddhists who state that Yahweh is simply a being in a paticularily strange part of Saṃsāra and is to be pitied as he will basically never be able to reach Nirvana. Even if you're a devout Christian then as there are so many varieties of Christianinity (and these have changed so much over the centuries) that you're going to be practising a type of Christianity far different from the majority of Christians over the years, so you'll essentially be spitting in their faces by your reasoning.

Disagreement doesn't imply contempt. If you believe it does, then by following that thought process along as I did you can see how it essentially becomes meaningless.

I will tell you this now as well. Every religion has a heirchy with one central God at top and many others below them likes angels and thor and odin. But these gods were not Creator Gods.

That's not really true. For instance Buddhism is a religion without gods. Shinotism has a weird load of interrelated gods without a clear head. Various 'Pagan' beliefs spread across the world have convoluted creation stories and over often pantheistic. Wicca has dual gods.

They were War gods that Took from people and only rewarded murder.

Not true. To use pretty much the same examples, people who worshipped the Norse gods often prayed and made sacrifices for good luck, safe travel, happiness, etc. Buddhists and Shintoists and Wiccans all all sorts of religions have regular prayers and beleifs that have nothing to do with war and often actively discourage it.

My God stands above them as a Shepard into the path of Goodness.

That's what they'd say about Yahweh too.

You want to say that Jesus did not preform miracles and that he convinced people to follow him for nothing?

Confucius was an ordinary human being who managed to convince an entire Empire to follow his teachings and follow him. Why would Jesus have to have supernatural powers of Confucius didn't?

He sacrificed Himself, not other people. And when others would have faught for him, he told them to let him go peacfully because unlike other people who convince others for things he did not take he Gave,

Yes, which I admire. However that doesn't relate to him being divine.

and even if you do not like that, that is mircle enough.

Not really. Plenty of normal ordinary human beings have done the same over time.

It is not one book. There are many books that talk about the nature of God and if you look at them they are in the religion section not the fiction section which might make you angry but too bad that is the way it is.

Like the Infancy Gospel of Thomas which tells how Jesus basically went around killing people for no reason when he was a teenager. Being in the religion section of a book store does not mean that a religion is correct.

It is your right to say that there is no God, but that is not evidence for him to not exist.

This is known as argumentum ad ignorantiam. It's a logical fallacy but one a lot of people make fairly frequently. Essentially, lack of proof for a negative does not make a positive. We have no proof that I'm not an alien being communicating to you from Mars. That doesn't mean I am an alien being communicating to you from Mars.

It essentially adds nothing. If you're using it in addition to evidence that Yahweh exists then it's a fair point to make, because offering proof of his existence AND pointing out how there's no proof he doesn't is great. The thing is you haven't offered any proof. Pretty much by definition all religions are going to rely on faith, which flies in the face of the scientific evidence.

Also there is plenty of existence Yahweh doesn't exist, it just depends on which one you believe in. Do you believe in the Yahweh that created the Earth 5,000 years ago? We've got plenty of geological evidence that he's not real. The Yahweh that created humans as they are now? Sorry, the evolutionary data we've gathered over the last century contradicts this. The Yahweh that caused a massive flood to envelop the Earth a few thousand years back? Sorry, nope. The God who said that people will only live for 120 years? We've now had a woman who's recorded as living for 122 years.

Depending on how much of the bible you disbelieve and treat as allegory or metaphor, there might not be proof he doesn't exist. But for lots of people there is.

You want to claim scams but how many scams are about raising people up?

Lots of scams revolve around offering people something positive, like the famous scam to make people millionaires thanks to a Nigerian prince. Also as most religions are exclusive to one another, then the majority of religions are 'scams' about raising people up. After all, if you believe that either Christianity or the Abrahamic religions in general are the one true religion, then that must mean that all the other ones which raise people up are incorrect and 'scams', right? So by your definitions, lots.

And there is plenty of evidence that people spoke to God

Care to share.

but I thik that even if you spoke to God you would try to deny it or say that you were crazy and convice yoursefl that you are.

Yeah, pretty much. There is ample proof of how people can hallucinate or delude themselves. I believe in these natural phenomenon and physical processes now. If I ever happened to suffer one, I wouldn't suddenly 180 my opinion simply because I happened to be on the receiving end. It's be weird and hypocritical if I did.

People speak to God all the time he is the voice inside that tells you to do Good when you do not want to. Everyone can be good without God but sometimes there are hard times. God will not give you a million dollars and he will not change the world for us it is how it must be, but if you like inside sometimes you will find a voice that is not yours telling you to be better than yourself, that you can do good if you want to. But you would ignare any evdience anyone can ever show you because it is easier to be a cynic.

Never had this.

Ps. lol like how many people believe in God right because there are no evedence there must be none oh wait there are billions of people that believe in God.

Argumentum ad populum. Another fairly commonly fallacy.

Basically popular belief in something does not equate to it being right. I'm sure you can come up with your examples, but to give you an example most people think Napoleon was short. He was actually a little taller than normal. People think you can cut earthworms in two and get two worms. In fact only a few specific types of flatworm can do this. Most people think the forbidden fruit mentioned in the bible was an apple. In fact it's an unnamed fruit and the apple part was added in much later translations.

Lots of people believe incorrect stuff all the time. Lots of people believing something means nothing.

Overhead I would give up if I was you. Someone who uses so many fallacies and circular reasoning clearly has no interest in having an intelligent conversation using real evidence. Heck I half expect him to bring up moon dust and pictures of man riding on dinosaurs!

I honestly believe that creationism is just a giant prank that's gone a bit too far now.

Aglynugga:
its just a theory, you know, like the THEory of evolution, or Gravity.

Do you even know what a theory is?

Seriously, I have to ask this of everyone who says "it's JUST a theory"....

Aglynugga:
How can anyone say that they don't know were the universe came from it says in the bible

Some of us don't believe the Bible.

God created it and this was written before the science was real

Science is a process.

and nobody has disproven it yet because they cant.

Nobody has proven it either.

Science will never be able to say where the universe came from but people who believe in God already know.

Then prove it.

Overhead:

Aglynugga:
You know who has studied God? For thousand of years? The Roamn Catolic Church has. For thousnads of years hebrew people have studied the nature of God. For thousands of years muslims have studied the natrue of God. And you have jsut spat in their faces and said that all that they have learned and taught is nothing. You go tell those poeple that they did not study God and that you cant study God. Even a Godless person liek you can study God. But you choose to close your heart and be blind.

Nit-picking point first of all. Out of your three examples, only the Hebrew people have studied Yahweh for thousands of years. The Toman Catholic Church will reach the big 2,000 in a decade or two and Islam still has about six centuries to go.

Secondly, although people can be disrespectful - in and of itself stating that Yahweh isn't real isn't spitting in anyone's face. People might take it as such, but then what can you do? If you hold to that point of view then when you state Yahweh does exist, you're spitting in the face of all the atheists down the ages who fought and often died to be able to say that he didn't. You're spitting in the face of all the Buddhists who state that Yahweh is simply a being in a paticularily strange part of Saṃsāra and is to be pitied as he will basically never be able to reach Nirvana. Even if you're a devout Christian then as there are so many varieties of Christianinity (and these have changed so much over the centuries) that you're going to be practising a type of Christianity far different from the majority of Christians over the years, so you'll essentially be spitting in their faces by your reasoning.

Disagreement doesn't imply contempt. If you believe it does, then by following that thought process along as I did you can see how it essentially becomes meaningless.

I will tell you this now as well. Every religion has a heirchy with one central God at top and many others below them likes angels and thor and odin. But these gods were not Creator Gods.

That's not really true. For instance Buddhism is a religion without gods. Shinotism has a weird load of interrelated gods without a clear head. Various 'Pagan' beliefs spread across the world have convoluted creation stories and over often pantheistic. Wicca has dual gods.

They were War gods that Took from people and only rewarded murder.

Not true. To use pretty much the same examples, people who worshipped the Norse gods often prayed and made sacrifices for good luck, safe travel, happiness, etc. Buddhists and Shintoists and Wiccans all all sorts of religions have regular prayers and beleifs that have nothing to do with war and often actively discourage it.

My God stands above them as a Shepard into the path of Goodness.

That's what they'd say about Yahweh too.

You want to say that Jesus did not preform miracles and that he convinced people to follow him for nothing?

Confucius was an ordinary human being who managed to convince an entire Empire to follow his teachings and follow him. Why would Jesus have to have supernatural powers of Confucius didn't?

He sacrificed Himself, not other people. And when others would have faught for him, he told them to let him go peacfully because unlike other people who convince others for things he did not take he Gave,

Yes, which I admire. However that doesn't relate to him being divine.

and even if you do not like that, that is mircle enough.

Not really. Plenty of normal ordinary human beings have done the same over time.

It is not one book. There are many books that talk about the nature of God and if you look at them they are in the religion section not the fiction section which might make you angry but too bad that is the way it is.

Like the Infancy Gospel of Thomas which tells how Jesus basically went around killing people for no reason when he was a teenager. Being in the religion section of a book store does not mean that a religion is correct.

It is your right to say that there is no God, but that is not evidence for him to not exist.

This is known as argumentum ad ignorantiam. It's a logical fallacy but one a lot of people make fairly frequently. Essentially, lack of proof for a negative does not make a positive. We have no proof that I'm not an alien being communicating to you from Mars. That doesn't mean I am an alien being communicating to you from Mars.

It essentially adds nothing. If you're using it in addition to evidence that Yahweh exists then it's a fair point to make, because offering proof of his existence AND pointing out how there's no proof he doesn't is great. The thing is you haven't offered any proof. Pretty much by definition all religions are going to rely on faith, which flies in the face of the scientific evidence.

Also there is plenty of existence Yahweh doesn't exist, it just depends on which one you believe in. Do you believe in the Yahweh that created the Earth 5,000 years ago? We've got plenty of geological evidence that he's not real. The Yahweh that created humans as they are now? Sorry, the evolutionary data we've gathered over the last century contradicts this. The Yahweh that caused a massive flood to envelop the Earth a few thousand years back? Sorry, nope. The God who said that people will only live for 120 years? We've now had a woman who's recorded as living for 122 years.

Depending on how much of the bible you disbelieve and treat as allegory or metaphor, there might not be proof he doesn't exist. But for lots of people there is.

You want to claim scams but how many scams are about raising people up?

Lots of scams revolve around offering people something positive, like the famous scam to make people millionaires thanks to a Nigerian prince. Also as most religions are exclusive to one another, then the majority of religions are 'scams' about raising people up. After all, if you believe that either Christianity or the Abrahamic religions in general are the one true religion, then that must mean that all the other ones which raise people up are incorrect and 'scams', right? So by your definitions, lots.

And there is plenty of evidence that people spoke to God

Care to share.

but I thik that even if you spoke to God you would try to deny it or say that you were crazy and convice yoursefl that you are.

Yeah, pretty much. There is ample proof of how people can hallucinate or delude themselves. I believe in these natural phenomenon and physical processes now. If I ever happened to suffer one, I wouldn't suddenly 180 my opinion simply because I happened to be on the receiving end. It's be weird and hypocritical if I did.

People speak to God all the time he is the voice inside that tells you to do Good when you do not want to. Everyone can be good without God but sometimes there are hard times. God will not give you a million dollars and he will not change the world for us it is how it must be, but if you like inside sometimes you will find a voice that is not yours telling you to be better than yourself, that you can do good if you want to. But you would ignare any evdience anyone can ever show you because it is easier to be a cynic.

Never had this.

Argumentum ad populum. Another fairly commonly fallacy.

Basically popular belief in something does not equate to it being right. I'm sure you can come up with your examples, but to give you an example most people think Napoleon was short. He was actually a little taller than normal. People think you can cut earthworms in two and get two worms. In fact only a few specific types of flatworm can do this. Most people think the forbidden fruit mentioned in the bible was an apple. In fact it's an unnamed fruit and the apple part was added in much later translations.

Lots of people believe incorrect stuff all the time. Lots of people believing something means nothing.

What are you talking about you are not on mars you are right there you cant say oh prove I am not on mars because you are not an alien even if you say oh I could be. Are you? Really? No you are not you are some person sitting at a computer do not even try that 'oh I can say whatever'. What? You say God does not exist vbecause you are an alein but you are not an alien. How do I know? Post a picutre. I dont know how to take a pciture of God but I dont pretend too like you.

Ok you can nit-pick all you want but you say that they have been studying it at lesat 2 thousand years but what it was just suddenly dropped on them like here's being hebrew now you are hebrew and here be a muslim no all these things are something that was led up to the hebrew people were just learning parts about God and lsitenign to his message for many years before that they were able to say they knew God. And we dont evne know how long a day even is now so those years could have been even longer than we thing they are.

And no you may not find it disrecpetful to say God is not real but I do that is your choice though and even aetheists that are good people and hoest I rescpet them because they are good without believieng in God and if an aetheist is killed for not believing in God that is still wrong because no matter what peple write it is alwasy wrong for people to kill people unless they are evil alot. But he did not say that he say that you cannot study God that is absrud and nobody can do it. That is disrescpetful and that is why I said it because there are peopel who *do* study God.

And now here we go how do you even know that that geological is not proof that we do not know what time is and that it has been longer than we think it has been? And that evelution evidence some is probably fake like before or jsut not understood there are plenty of animals that are dead now plus many people and sometimes people and ainmals dies on top of themselves and who nows what could happen. And age when we talk about that maybe God later changed his mind but when he went to tell us people like you did not listen who nows.

If you want to call religion a scam you can go ahead I wont say that there are no other Gods because the bible says there are many things out there who knows an angel or demon it could be other thigns that we were not told about so there could be other things like elaphants because one God is one I read and that could be another kind of angel and as long as they tell peopel to do good and believe in God that is a good thing to me and I bet there are lots of things we dont understnad because we didnt get told about so much because we did not wnat to listen.

And if you dod not want to believe people spoke to God what do you want me to do that is not my problem if you cant read and understand how people talked to God.

Many people dellude themselves but it is usulally to do insane things not feed people and heal the sick. And maybe guess what thos 'scams' were maybe poeple listening to God to do good things how can you say that is not true you dont know you just say oh a good thing it cant be God

Ok listen thousands and thousands of people study napoleon and they find out right away that he is not short and it does not take years it takes one book it says oh he is not short here is his hieght but you have God studied for thousands of years and who knows how longer really and still and the worm cutting thing is weird but when you study worms right away you find out that you cannot cut a worm in half and you now that it is incorrect. But you go talk to a priest or a rabbi or even other religous peole like monks and you will learn about God from them because they study for years and they now the things that are true and not true.

GunsmithKitten:

Aglynugga:
How can anyone say that they don't know were the universe came from it says in the bible

Some of us don't believe the Bible.

God created it and this was written before the science was real

Science is a process.

and nobody has disproven it yet because they cant.

Nobody has proven it either.

Science will never be able to say where the universe came from but people who believe in God already know.

Then prove it.

You dont listen or dont read maybe sciene is God proccess you know the reules for everything how do you not understand what I have being explaning You dont have to believe in the bible that is fine you can go believe watever you want.

You need to prove that your God is the real one, because we simply just don't believe you. There's more documented evidence that Harry Potter or Bilbo Baggins exist, than there is for the Christian God.

Aglynugga:

Once again you try to use disrespect but that wont win an agruement. I am going to tell you this now with seriosness. If you choose to insult God, that is fine for you but it is not fine for me. You know who has studied God? For thousand of years? The Roamn Catolic Church has. For thousnads of years hebrew people have studied the nature of God. For thousands of years muslims have studied the natrue of God. And you have jsut spat in their faces and said that all that they have learned and taught is nothing. You go tell those poeple that they did not study God and that you cant study God. Even a Godless person liek you can study God. But you choose to close your heart and be blind.

Actually i did not insult God. What i did is point out your arguments are flawed. Saying you are wrong is not the same as insulting God unless you have the pretense to claim you are somehow representing God's will.
And i won't have any remorse telling those folks that they did not study God. They may have studied religion but not God.

I will tell you this now as well. Every religion has a heirchy with one central God at top and many others below them likes angels and thor and odin. But these gods were not Creator Gods. They were War gods that Took from people and only rewarded murder. My God stands above them as a Shepard into the path of Goodness. You can say oh what about Odin he could be real and maybe he is but I will follow my heart to the True God.

And i'll follow my reason which has made it clear that there is no evidence there is a good or that even if there is one there is no way to know which one is the real one.

You want to say that Jesus did not preform miracles and that he convinced people to follow him for nothing? He sacrificed Himself, not other people. And when others would have faught for him, he told them to let him go peacfully because unlike other people who convince others for things he did not take he Gave, and even if you do not like that, that is mircle enough.

People convinced people to pray to roman/greek/Norse/etc. too. And sacrificing yourself is hardly something special. There are soldiers sacrificing themselves on a daily basis.

It is not one book. There are many books that talk about the nature of God and if you look at them they are in the religion section not the fiction section which might make you angry but too bad that is the way it is. It is your right to say that there is no God, but that is not evidence for him to not exist. You want to claim scams but how many scams are about raising people up?

Religion section is the same as fiction to me. As long as it's not in the science or historical section it ain't non fiction. There are God knows how many religions contradicting each other so even if you are right there are plenty of such scams. And i'm not claiming there is evidence that there is no God. What i'm claiming is that YOU have no evidence to prove your God exists. And on top of that you make ludicrous claims, such as the truthfulness of "genesis", which have been disproven by science. Not only do you believe in things with no evidence, you also believe in things which have been disproven. You might as well believe the earth is flat.

And there is plenty of evidence that people spoke to God but I thik that even if you spoke to God you would try to deny it or say that you were crazy and convice yoursefl that you are. People speak to God all the time he is the voice inside that tells you to do Good when you do not want to. Everyone can be good without God but sometimes there are hard times. God will not give you a million dollars and he will not change the world for us it is how it must be, but if you like inside sometimes you will find a voice that is not yours telling you to be better than yourself, that you can do good if you want to. But you would ignare any evdience anyone can ever show you because it is easier to be a cynic.

There is no evidence people spoke to God. Only claims they did. Did you hear recordings of God's voice? On top of that there are plenty of people who hallucinate. On top of that i have seen a "Through The Wormhole" episode in which they spoke to a professor who claimed to have found the "God Experience" part of our brain. And the results of his experiments were staggering. By letting magnetic waves go through a certain part of the brain he managed to make people "feel a presence". Which is probably what people consider as feeling God (if they are spiritual). So there is even evidence rising that "feeling God" is merely an illusion created by your brain.

And billions of people believing in A God doesn't mean anything. Many believe in a different one and to different degrees. And as a scientific person i consider such an argument as worthless. There was a time where lots of people believed the Earth was flat. That didn't make it true.

Aglynugga:
What are you talking about you are not on mars you are right there you cant say oh prove I am not on mars because you are not an alien even if you say oh I could be. Are you? Really? No you are not you are some person sitting at a computer do not even try that 'oh I can say whatever'. What? You say God does not exist vbecause you are an alein but you are not an alien. How do I know? Post a picutre. I dont know how to take a pciture of God but I dont pretend too like you.

You don't know that. You have no evidence. According to you, not having evicence that something is false indicates it's true.

After all, you said "It is your right to say that there is no God, but that is not evidence for him to not exist".

It you your right to say that I'm not on Mars, but there is no evidence for me to not be on Mars.

You see?

This is why that particular argument you were making is a fallacy. It's well known as such and there's no real point arguing against it. I was just offering an example to help you understand.

Ok you can nit-pick all you want but you say that they have been studying it at lesat 2 thousand years but what it was just suddenly dropped on them like here's being hebrew now you are hebrew and here be a muslim no all these things are something that was led up to the hebrew people were just learning parts about God and lsitenign to his message for many years before that they were able to say they knew God.

Could you tyoe this out again. I can't understand it.

And we dont evne know how long a day even is now so those years could have been even longer than we thing they are.

We know how long a day is.

But he did not say that he say that you cannot study God that is absrud and nobody can do it. That is disrescpetful and that is why I said it because there are peopel who *do* study God.

Except his belief is that Yaweh doesn't exist. You say you don't have a problem with people being atheists if they're morally good, but part and parcel of being an atheist is the belief that people who think they are studying Yaweh and other gods aren't because from our point of view he doesn't exist so you can't be studying him. You can be studying what you think is Yaweh, but that's it as far as we're concerned.

And now here we go how do you even know that that geological is not proof that we do not know what time is and that it has been longer than we think it has been?

Well for instance we can date this based on the decay of radioactive molecules. As we know the half-life of various types of molecule, by analysing their decay we can look at a certain rock and say "Oh, that's X billion years old." In fact geologists are doing so all the time. We're doing so right now. Or there's ice cores which show thin but individual layers of ice for each year has passed. Or the analysis of sedimentary rock where eyars can be measured with minute fluctuations. Hell, even just looking at tree rings can get us back 9,000 years.

And that evelution evidence some is probably fake like before or jsut not understood there are plenty of animals that are dead now plus many people and sometimes people and ainmals dies on top of themselves and who nows what could happen.

Two animals dying directly on top of each other and being fossilised could lead to confusion about the body parts. It wouldn't lead to confusion about the age, because the rock around them would still be carbon dated to hundreds of millions (or billions) of years ago. Two things dying on top of each other wouldn't interfere with dating methods, just how the bones go together.

And age when we talk about that maybe God later changed his mind but when he went to tell us people like you did not listen who nows.

That's an excuse, not proof. I've provided proof that the god a lot of people believe in is wrong.

If you want to call religion a scam you can go ahead I wont say that there are no other Gods because the bible says there are many things out there who knows an angel or demon it could be other thigns that we were not told about so there could be other things like elaphants because one God is one I read and that could be another kind of angel and as long as they tell peopel to do good and believe in God that is a good thing to me

Lots of them don't tell people to believe in a god that would be recognisable as such in a Christian framework. Look at Buddhism for instance. Or shintoism which from a Christian perspective involves large amounts of idolatry. Satanism definitely seems like it wouldn't gel with Christianity.

There are a multitude of beliefs across the world which are mutually exclusive with Christianity. They and Christianity can't both be correct at the same time. Now you might be glad that they often make people act nice, but at the same time by your definition they are scams. Scams which make people act nicer, but scams all the same.

and I bet there are lots of things we dont understnad because we didnt get told about so much because we did not wnat to listen.

Would you consider the possibility that the scientific reasons which lay out why the world works the way it does and why this flies in the face of fundamentalist Christianity (and other religions), could be something you didn't get told much about because you did not want to listen?

And if you dod not want to believe people spoke to God what do you want me to do that is not my problem if you cant read and understand how people talked to God.

I don't especially want you to do anything. Some of the things you were saying were incorrect. Others were logical fallacies. I'm just pointing this out. Maybe you'll take it on board and it'll change how you look at things, maybe it won't.

Many people dellude themselves but it is usulally to do insane things not feed people and heal the sick.

I don't know what the most common delusion is, I doubt it's something that has ever been looked into, but people being deluded and doing helpful positive things is certainly very common.

And maybe guess what thos 'scams' were maybe poeple listening to God to do good things how can you say that is not true you dont know you just say oh a good thing it cant be God

Scams by YOUR definition. After all, if a billion people have been taught that God doesn't matter and they should seek personal enlightenment by following the Noble Eightfold Path, then from a religious Christian perspective it's a scam. People are being taken away from belief in Yaweh and are giving their time and money to a religion which from your point of view is false.

Ok listen thousands and thousands of people study napoleon and they find out right away that he is not short and it does not take years it takes one book it says oh he is not short here is his hieght but you have God studied for thousands of years and who knows how longer really and still and the worm cutting thing is weird but when you study worms right away you find out that you cannot cut a worm in half and you now that it is incorrect.

That's kind of the point. These are simple facts that you can look up and see are not true with a 20 second google search, yet the majority of people on earth believe them. If people aren't capable of getting something like that right and will wholeheartedly believe in fictions like this just because they hear the rumour, why should we suspect that they will certainly be right about somethign much much much more complicated like the nature of the entire universe?

But you go talk to a priest or a rabbi or even other religous peole like monks and you will learn about God from them because they study for years and they now the things that are true and not true.

No you can't. this doesn't make sense because different people and religious traditions will tell you different and contradictory things, despite all of them having studied gods for years.

Is it okay to eat pork and drink alcohol? Muslims have studied Allah for years and would say no, Christians have studied Yaweh for years and would say yes.

Is it okay to worship idols? Christians who have studied Yaweh for years would say no and it would go against one of the core Christian commandments, Shintoists would say yes and it is a central practice of doing so in their religion.

Is it okay to kill people? I'd get all kinds of different answers from different religions. Some would say it's wrong to kill anything, even animals. Others would say it's wrong to kill people at all. Others would say it's wrong to kill people except in self-defence. Others would say that in some situations you're obligated to kill someone for breaking the law of that particular god. The funny thing? By asking different Christians, you could get different Christians to give the second, third and fourth definitions depending on how they read the bible.

A person who has personally studied their god for decades and come from a religion which has been worshipping for thousands of years will tell you things completely different from another person which has studied god for decades and comes from a religion which has worshipped for thousands of years. Studying a religious belief for years does not make it correct, you see?

generals3:

Aglynugga:

Once again you try to use disrespect but that wont win an agruement. I am going to tell you this now with seriosness. If you choose to insult God, that is fine for you but it is not fine for me. You know who has studied God? For thousand of years? The Roamn Catolic Church has. For thousnads of years hebrew people have studied the nature of God. For thousands of years muslims have studied the natrue of God. And you have jsut spat in their faces and said that all that they have learned and taught is nothing. You go tell those poeple that they did not study God and that you cant study God. Even a Godless person liek you can study God. But you choose to close your heart and be blind.

Actually i did not insult God. What i did is point out your arguments are flawed. Saying you are wrong is not the same as insulting God unless you have the pretense to claim you are somehow representing God's will.
And i won't have any remorse telling those folks that they did not study God. They may have studied religion but not God.

I will tell you this now as well. Every religion has a heirchy with one central God at top and many others below them likes angels and thor and odin. But these gods were not Creator Gods. They were War gods that Took from people and only rewarded murder. My God stands above them as a Shepard into the path of Goodness. You can say oh what about Odin he could be real and maybe he is but I will follow my heart to the True God.

And i'll follow my reason which has made it clear that there is no evidence there is a good or that even if there is one there is no way to know which one is the real one.

You want to say that Jesus did not preform miracles and that he convinced people to follow him for nothing? He sacrificed Himself, not other people. And when others would have faught for him, he told them to let him go peacfully because unlike other people who convince others for things he did not take he Gave, and even if you do not like that, that is mircle enough.

People convinced people to pray to roman/greek/Norse/etc. too. And sacrificing yourself is hardly something special. There are soldiers sacrificing themselves on a daily basis.

It is not one book. There are many books that talk about the nature of God and if you look at them they are in the religion section not the fiction section which might make you angry but too bad that is the way it is. It is your right to say that there is no God, but that is not evidence for him to not exist. You want to claim scams but how many scams are about raising people up?

Religion section is the same as fiction to me. As long as it's not in the science or historical section it ain't non fiction. There are God knows how many religions contradicting each other so even if you are right there are plenty of such scams. And i'm not claiming there is evidence that there is no God. What i'm claiming is that YOU have no evidence to prove your God exists. And on top of that you make ludicrous claims, such as the truthfulness of "genesis", which have been disproven by science. Not only do you believe in things with no evidence, you also believe in things which have been disproven. You might as well believe the earth is flat.

And there is plenty of evidence that people spoke to God but I thik that even if you spoke to God you would try to deny it or say that you were crazy and convice yoursefl that you are. People speak to God all the time he is the voice inside that tells you to do Good when you do not want to. Everyone can be good without God but sometimes there are hard times. God will not give you a million dollars and he will not change the world for us it is how it must be, but if you like inside sometimes you will find a voice that is not yours telling you to be better than yourself, that you can do good if you want to. But you would ignare any evdience anyone can ever show you because it is easier to be a cynic.

There is no evidence people spoke to God. Only claims they did. Did you hear recordings of God's voice? On top of that there are plenty of people who hallucinate. On top of that i have seen a "Through The Wormhole" episode in which they spoke to a professor who claimed to have found the "God Experience" part of our brain. And the results of his experiments were staggering. By letting magnetic waves go through a certain part of the brain he managed to make people "feel a presence". Which is probably what people consider as feeling God (if they are spiritual). So there is even evidence rising that "feeling God" is merely an illusion created by your brain.

And billions of people believing in A God doesn't mean anything. Many believe in a different one and to different degrees. And as a scientific person i consider such an argument as worthless. There was a time where lots of people believed the Earth was flat. That didn't make it true.

No dont even try this you are saying different things now you insulted all the people who study God and now you are saying different things but I know what you meant you can say different things now but what you wrote is still there and people can see. I dont care if you chhose to beleive or not that is for you and any evedence to you will be no evedence so there will never be pleaseing you because even if God came you would say 'Oh no it ais a deluson and I am crazy please help and give me medicine to make God go away' and that is sad but it is your chose to have bad resoning.

And you say about soliders? Are you not thniking? I rescept soldiers but they are there to kill that is why they have guns even a cook if given the order would have to shoot but Jesus did not he said I will die with no violence you are not thinking about this you just want to say things. Like I say you can believe whatever you want and mabye there are norse gods but if there are they are not the top God my God is above them and even if you read the stories of them they are not even the most powerful there are other things that fight them and they have to fight God does not even need to fight and even if he did there is an army of angels that would beat you up hardcore for trying to fight God.

Religion can be in the fiction for you that is your right to think that but that does not make it true it is a laugh that you say something like 'Oh, I beleive something is true so it must be true but your beleive is not true' everything you say is obvius the people it is easy to see were you do not think right aobut this.

And like I say there is plenty of evendence that poeple talked to God but you would ignare it because it is not good enough for you you think you are so imprtant that God has to come down and show himself to you but he wont because you are jsut some guy who would think he has gone crazy. Too bad for you but oh well.

Overhead:

Aglynugga:

You don't know that. You have no evidence. According to you, not having evicence that something is false indicates it's true.

After all, you said "It is your right to say that there is no God, but that is not evidence for him to not exist".

It you your right to say that I'm not on Mars, but there is no evidence for me to not be on Mars.

You see?

This is why that particular argument you were making is a fallacy. It's well known as such and there's no real point arguing against it. I was just offering an example to help you understand.

Ok you can nit-pick all you want but you say that they have been studying it at lesat 2 thousand years but what it was just suddenly dropped on them like here's being hebrew now you are hebrew and here be a muslim no all these things are something that was led up to the hebrew people were just learning parts about God and lsitenign to his message for many years before that they were able to say they knew God.

Could you tyoe this out again. I can't understand it.

And we dont evne know how long a day even is now so those years could have been even longer than we thing they are.

We know how long a day is.

But he did not say that he say that you cannot study God that is absrud and nobody can do it. That is disrescpetful and that is why I said it because there are peopel who *do* study God.

Except his belief is that Yaweh doesn't exist. You say you don't have a problem with people being atheists if they're morally good, but part and parcel of being an atheist is the belief that people who think they are studying Yaweh and other gods aren't because from our point of view he doesn't exist so you can't be studying him. You can be studying what you think is Yaweh, but that's it as far as we're concerned.

And now here we go how do you even know that that geological is not proof that we do not know what time is and that it has been longer than we think it has been?

Well for instance we can date this based on the decay of radioactive molecules. As we know the half-life of various types of molecule, by analysing their decay we can look at a certain rock and say "Oh, that's X billion years old." In fact geologists are doing so all the time. We're doing so right now. Or there's ice cores which show thin but individual layers of ice for each year has passed. Or the analysis of sedimentary rock where eyars can be measured with minute fluctuations. Hell, even just looking at tree rings can get us back 9,000 years.

And that evelution evidence some is probably fake like before or jsut not understood there are plenty of animals that are dead now plus many people and sometimes people and ainmals dies on top of themselves and who nows what could happen.

Two animals dying directly on top of each other and being fossilised could lead to confusion about the body parts. It wouldn't lead to confusion about the age, because the rock around them would still be carbon dated to hundreds of millions (or billions) of years ago. Two things dying on top of each other wouldn't interfere with dating methods, just how the bones go together.

And age when we talk about that maybe God later changed his mind but when he went to tell us people like you did not listen who nows.

That's an excuse, not proof. I've provided proof that the god a lot of people believe in is wrong.

If you want to call religion a scam you can go ahead I wont say that there are no other Gods because the bible says there are many things out there who knows an angel or demon it could be other thigns that we were not told about so there could be other things like elaphants because one God is one I read and that could be another kind of angel and as long as they tell peopel to do good and believe in God that is a good thing to me

Lots of them don't tell people to believe in a god that would be recognisable as such in a Christian framework. Look at Buddhism for instance. Or shintoism which from a Christian perspective involves large amounts of idolatry. Satanism definitely seems like it wouldn't gel with Christianity.

There are a multitude of beliefs across the world which are mutually exclusive with Christianity. They and Christianity can't both be correct at the same time. Now you might be glad that they often make people act nice, but at the same time by your definition they are scams. Scams which make people act nicer, but scams all the same.

and I bet there are lots of things we dont understnad because we didnt get told about so much because we did not wnat to listen.

Would you consider the possibility that the scientific reasons which lay out why the world works the way it does and why this flies in the face of fundamentalist Christianity (and other religions), could be something you didn't get told much about because you did not want to listen?

I don't especially want you to do anything. Some of the things you were saying were incorrect. Others were logical fallacies. I'm just pointing this out. Maybe you'll take it on board and it'll change how you look at things, maybe it won't.

Many people dellude themselves but it is usulally to do insane things not feed people and heal the sick.

I don't know what the most common delusion is, I doubt it's something that has ever been looked into, but people being deluded and doing helpful positive things is certainly very common.

And maybe guess what thos 'scams' were maybe poeple listening to God to do good things how can you say that is not true you dont know you just say oh a good thing it cant be God

Scams by YOUR definition. After all, if a billion people have been taught that God doesn't matter and they should seek personal enlightenment by following the Noble Eightfold Path, then from a religious Christian perspective it's a scam. People are being taken away from belief in Yaweh and are giving their time and money to a religion which from your point of view is false.

Ok listen thousands and thousands of people study napoleon and they find out right away that he is not short and it does not take years it takes one book it says oh he is not short here is his hieght but you have God studied for thousands of years and who knows how longer really and still and the worm cutting thing is weird but when you study worms right away you find out that you cannot cut a worm in half and you now that it is incorrect.

That's kind of the point. These are simple facts that you can look up and see are not true with a 20 second google search, yet the majority of people on earth believe them. If people aren't capable of getting something like that right and will wholeheartedly believe in fictions like this just because they hear the rumour, why should we suspect that they will certainly be right about somethign much much much more complicated like the nature of the entire universe?

But you go talk to a priest or a rabbi or even other religous peole like monks and you will learn about God from them because they study for years and they now the things that are true and not true.

No you can't. this doesn't make sense because different people and religious traditions will tell you different and contradictory things, despite all of them having studied gods for years.

Is it okay to eat pork and drink alcohol? Muslims have studied Allah for years and would say no, Christians have studied Yaweh for years and would say yes.

Is it okay to worship idols? Christians who have studied Yaweh for years would say no and it would go against one of the core Christian commandments, Shintoists would say yes and it is a central practice of doing so in their religion.

Is it okay to kill people? I'd get all kinds of different answers from different religions. Some would say it's wrong to kill anything, even animals. Others would say it's wrong to kill people at all. Others would say it's wrong to kill people except in self-defence. Others would say that in some situations you're obligated to kill someone for breaking the law of that particular god. The funny thing? By asking different Christians, you could get different Christians to give the second, third and fourth definitions depending on how they read the bible.

A person who has personally studied their god for decades and come from a religion which has been worshipping for thousands of years will tell you things completely different from another person which has studied god for decades and comes from a religion which has worshipped for thousands of years. Studying a religious belief for years does not make it correct, you see?

What? hink about what you say no evedence fr you to not be an alien? You are not an alie that is a fact and that you try to say 'oh I am an alien prove I no oh there is no God because I am an alien' that is not very smart because you are not an alien the evedence of this is that you are not an alien and that is a fact. Look at yorself are you from mar no you are not so dont you look silly now. You say oh there is no proof I am on mars except you are not on mars are you no you are onearth why would you even try that because this is not a good agruement I think you do not now how to.

I cant help if you dont now words maybe read good or learn more I can not say but what I said was easy to understand if you can not ell there is always more school.

And no a day can be anything now a minute can mean an hour or one year could only be 30 days it is all what we want you thinkan hour means time but in the future our days will be longers maybe and then an hour will mean something else so please try to figure that out because you say you no but it changes so ho o you now? You dont but you say you so.

And people can believe what they want like I say there could be many Gods or maybe just one God and he shows himself to diffrent people so they learn about him like they need to that. But it doesnt matter what he said was desrecpetful so what if he does not believe in God he still made an insult but you want to ignore it because to you insulting God means nothing it is alright because you just say he is not real even though that is an insult as well it is your right to say that so say it but it is still insulting it is like I say God Loves you for your goodness but hates your weakness you might be insulted but that is my right to say. I dont say that though because to you it would be an insult so I wont.

And see again you say oh look it says this amount of time but that could mean anything and anyways if you listened to me you would now about the Garden of Eden bieng outside of time so all that doesnt matter but even if it did it is still soemthing that could mean something else and it is not like you are makeing the discovery someone else does and then you look at it and say 'Oh I'm smarter than everyone now I read something must be true' and that sounds like faith to me.

and the worldis lerning all the time but all it learns s that this is how God mae everything work so that is funny that you say that because all it means is that you can only learn about God with sceince even when you say hes not real so who is not listening?

And who nows what Gods do maybe they do things that we dont understand so it looks like they are contradiking themselves but to them it makes sense because we are not smart enough to understand at least I dont pretend to like you.

And lol you have given no proof you have said things like oh look I'm on mars God must not be real are you not thinking that is not proof that is some guy at a computer sauying things to look smart and just looking silly.

And even then does this path lead you to good because any path that leads you to good is Gods path maybe it is a path for people like you that cant beleive in God but he still wants you to be good so he makes another thing for you to beleive in and then you do because its ok to be good for you as long as God is not invovled. And what Satan? Satan was mae by God so satanists have to beleive in God too even if they dont like him he is still there boss because Satan say 'I'm sorry' and God said 'Ok but you are still punished' and satan say to him 'Ok.'

if you cant tell the differne between a crazy person doing crazy things and someone normal who beleives in God there is something not right with your thinking I am sorry but maybe you need help.

And see all you have to do about God then is look him up and you start to learn I don't now how you not get this maybe read again more when you read about things you learn about them so maybe you should go read a bible to learn.

And maybe we learn about God for differce resons like muslims dont drink bwecause there not good with alcolhol or its hard to get alcohol in a desert so God thought maybe no alcohol for them. But studying God is important and what you miss is that most of all religous people will say No dont kill and that is the main thing not if you are being killed dont kill them instead because maybe God wants you to live and not the evil person killing you so kill them but all religuos people that study God usually say it is bad and if they dont maybe because they are evil and dont really study God they jsuit pretend. You try to say it is not correct but who are you to say it is not did you study religon for years no you studied not reading or agrueing properly so you are going to have problems talking to me.

Aglynugga:
And like I say there is plenty of evendence that poeple talked to God but you would ignare it because it is not good enough for you you think you are so imprtant that God has to come down and show himself to you but he wont because you are jsut some guy who would think he has gone crazy. Too bad for you but oh well.

You should define what you mean by evidence. People saying they've spoken to God isn't evidence, that's a claim. People who make unusual claims have to back them up with evidence. The claim is not evidence in itself.

Guys, it's clear that Algy here is a troll with far too much time on their hands, and possibly underage.

I've been in lots of debates with theists, but nothing even comes close to the amount of silly here. Perhaps it is best to remember:
"Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead."
― Thomas Paine

Cryo84R:
Guys, it's clear that Algy here is a troll with far too much time on their hands, and possibly underage.

I've been in lots of debates with theists, but nothing even comes close to the amount of silly here. Perhaps it is best to remember:
"Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead."
― Thomas Paine

Jesus rised the dead I guess you never new that.

Aglynugga:

No dont even try this you are saying different things now you insulted all the people who study God and now you are saying different things but I know what you meant you can say different things now but what you wrote is still there and people can see. I dont care if you chhose to beleive or not that is for you and any evedence to you will be no evedence so there will never be pleaseing you because even if God came you would say 'Oh no it ais a deluson and I am crazy please help and give me medicine to make God go away' and that is sad but it is your chose to have bad resoning.

And you say about soliders? Are you not thniking? I rescept soldiers but they are there to kill that is why they have guns even a cook if given the order would have to shoot but Jesus did not he said I will die with no violence you are not thinking about this you just want to say things. Like I say you can believe whatever you want and mabye there are norse gods but if there are they are not the top God my God is above them and even if you read the stories of them they are not even the most powerful there are other things that fight them and they have to fight God does not even need to fight and even if he did there is an army of angels that would beat you up hardcore for trying to fight God.

Religion can be in the fiction for you that is your right to think that but that does not make it true it is a laugh that you say something like 'Oh, I beleive something is true so it must be true but your beleive is not true' everything you say is obvius the people it is easy to see were you do not think right aobut this.

You say lots of things but never back it up. And this is why i won't even bother anymore.

And i find it funny that you claim it is obvious i'm not thinking right while the only making such claims is you, yet you'll notice pretty much everyone in this topic has made that claim about you, that you are not thinking right (or trolling). Maybe that should be a hint for you.

generals3:

Aglynugga:

You say lots of things but never back it up. And this is why i won't even bother anymore.

And i find it funny that you claim it is obvious i'm not thinking right while the only making such claims is you, yet you'll notice pretty much everyone in this topic has made that claim about you, that you are not thinking right (or trolling). Maybe that should be a hint for you.

Any evedence I show you you ignore because you dont want to beleive and if beleiving in God is not thinking right then I will be wrong and think about God but I am thinking right and showing poeple God is real and that is why they stop becuase they cant prove me wrong and it is hard to agrue with someone who is right.

Aglynugga:
I cant help if you dont now words maybe read good or learn more I can not say but what I said was easy to understand if you can not ell there is always more school.

Buhahahahahahaha

This here is enough for me to assume this person is a poe. I seriously love reading and debating with creationists who actually believe in a young earth, but this person can neither debate or string a simple sentence together properly. I hope to "God" they are either underage, messing with us, or English isn't their first language.

snowbear:

Aglynugga:

Buhahahahahahaha

This here is enough for me to assume this person is a poe. I seriously love reading and debating with creationists who actually believe in a young earth, but this person can neither debate or string a simple sentence together properly. I hope to "God" they are either underage, messing with us, or English isn't their first language.

I am not a poe he was a writer and mabye a poet but I do not write poems i write the truth about God and if you cant read that sorry I dont now why age or not being english means you do not beleive that sounds a bit like you are racializing me and you shouldnt do that.

Agly, if you are indeed a real person, then I am glad you exist. What we need to do is give you a bullhorn in Times Square or something.

Nothing makes an atheist look good like a fundie.

that is why they stop becuase they cant prove me wrong and it is hard to agrue with someone who is right.

No. If you really aren't a Poe (look up Poe's law), then I'm honestly sad for you.
Just to respond to the above quote (in case you really are for real): No, you're the epitome of a faith-armored believer. You dismiss counter-arguments and simply restate over and over again that "the Bible says so".
People stop arguing with you because there's simply no point talking to a person who's so submerged in their particular bubble that nothing whatsoever can ever penetrate it.
The last thing you should do is take that as validation for your views. On the contrary, you should think about your position and read basic apologetics and counter-apologetics. This is the kind of crap even Answers in Genesis doesn't want people to use because it makes apologists look bad.
Also, fixing your spelling would help. We all make mistakes, but put some effort into your posts or - if you have problems with the language - use a spellchecker.

Aglynugga:

snowbear:

Aglynugga:

Buhahahahahahaha

I am not a poe he was a writer and mabye a poet but I do not write poems i write the truth about God and if you cant read that sorry I dont now why age or not being english means you do not beleive that sounds a bit like you are racializing me and you shouldnt do that.

1) As Skeloen pointed out I was referring to Poe's law. Do something you're not used to and research it (maybe this will get you into the habit of research and fact checking).

2) There was nothing racist in my post what so ever. I was merely pointing out that your ability with the English language is poor to none. (I don't claim to be that great with English myself, but compared to you my English is godly ;P)

3) Where are you from, and how old are you? I'm just curious nothing sinister.

Captcha: Don't waste time.

Damn even captcha is on to me D:

wow, If this is truly not a troll, then....wow, just wow...

As for the topic: beings with such creative capabilities and intelligence as is attributed to the God character described in the Abrahamic religions arrive very, very late in the universe and as such could not have been responsible for designing neither it nor us.

"Where did we come from?" TLDR: not God.

If not God, then wherefrom? We lack a comprehensive picture, but given the multitude of scientific disciplines such a question crosses through, it's not difficult to see that a proper answer would take time, money and effort. And just because science has yet to provide you with the cliff notes to the universe, that does not give you license to proclaim the wisdom of bronze age goat herders as the absolute truth, because the most widely mistranslated document in the history of ever may or may not say so.

Also, people keep saying they don't believe in the bible. I absolutely do, it is very real. What is written in it is, however, not.

Skeleon:

that is why they stop becuase they cant prove me wrong and it is hard to agrue with someone who is right.

No. If you really aren't a Poe (look up Poe's law), then I'm honestly sad for you.
Just to respond to the above quote (in case you really are for real): No, you're the epitome of a faith-armored believer. You dismiss counter-arguments and simply restate over and over again that "the Bible says so".
People stop arguing with you because there's simply no point talking to a person who's so submerged in their particular bubble that nothing whatsoever can ever penetrate it.
The last thing you should do is take that as validation for your views. On the contrary, you should think about your position and read basic apologetics and counter-apologetics. This is the kind of crap even Answers in Genesis doesn't want people to use because it makes apologists look bad.
Also, fixing your spelling would help. We all make mistakes, but put some effort into your posts or - if you have problems with the language - use a spellchecker.

No listen I do not just say the bible I say other things to and you have not read them or you would now that and if you read them maybe you will learn things you didnt now like God is real and youll change your mind. And ok I am not a good spellar but that is ok it is not the words it is the messege but dont feel sad for me I have love for God in my heart.

snowbear:

Aglynugga:

snowbear:

Buhahahahahahaha

1) As Skeloen pointed out I was referring to Poe's law. Do something you're not used to and research it (maybe this will get you into the habit of research and fact checking).

2) There was nothing racist in my post what so ever. I was merely pointing out that your ability with the English language is poor to none. (I don't claim to be that great with English myself, but compared to you my English is godly ;P)

Ok I looked and poe was a writer and other things but he did not make laws but if you arent a racist I'm sorry it jsut seemed that way but ok but your english is not godly on God is godly so your ineglish is just really good.

I will tell you I am from the planet God made and I would tell you my age but now I am not sure I am rethiking time now because what other poeple explaned to me about time means time is something we dont think it is. so I am mabye 15-20 years old I dont now for sure tho.

Ingjald:
wow, If this is truly not a troll, then....wow, just wow...

As for the topic: beings with such creative capabilities and intelligence as is attributed to the God character described in the Abrahamic religions arrive very, very late in the universe and as such could not have been responsible for designing neither it nor us.

"Where did we come from?" TLDR: not God.

If not God, then wherefrom? We lack a comprehensive picture, but given the multitude of scientific disciplines such a question crosses through, it's not difficult to see that a proper answer would take time, money and effort. And just because science has yet to provide you with the cliff notes to the universe, that does not give you license to proclaim the wisdom of bronze age goat herders as the absolute truth, because the most widely mistranslated document in the history of ever may or may not say so.

Also, people keep saying they don't believe in the bible. I absolutely do, it is very real. What is written in it is, however, not.

Ok listen I am serios there have always been God we just did not know then until we learned more God is like sceince you have to learn more about God to understand so when you say God did not create the universe you are say you now how it was made.
And it is good that you beleive in the bible but what if you beleive you now it is right so you cant say its all wrong so just beleive.

Aglynugga:

Any evedence I show you you ignore because you dont want to beleive and if beleiving in God is not thinking right then I will be wrong and think about God but I am thinking right and showing poeple God is real and that is why they stop becuase they cant prove me wrong and it is hard to agrue with someone who is right.

Don't flatter yourself. There is a difference between the difficulty to argue with someone who is right and the difficulty to argue with someone who simply does not provide evidence for his claims and refuses to acknowledge evidence provided to disprove his fallacious claims. When i stop arguing with someone who's right i'd acknowledge i was wrong and i would leave the thread wiser than i joined it. However here i leave it with despair, despair due to your lack of will to challenge your world-view. If scientists were like you we'd still be living in the dark ages, luckily many out there are willing to challenge accepted paradigms. I suggest you do the same.

generals3:

Aglynugga:

Don't flatter yourself. There is a difference between the difficulty to argue with someone who is right and the difficulty to argue with someone who simply does not provide evidence for his claims and refuses to acknowledge evidence provided to disprove his fallacious claims. When i stop arguing with someone who's right i'd acknowledge i was wrong and i would leave the thread wiser than i joined it. However here i leave it with despair, despair due to your lack of will to challenge your world-view. If scientists were like you we'd still be living in the dark ages, luckily many out there are willing to challenge accepted paradigms. I suggest you do the same.

If sceintists were like me we might have foudn God already but that is ok we will try harder in the future.

Aglynugga, what would it take to make you convert to a different religion?

"I'll never convert" is not an acceptable answer, you need to state what will, in no uncertain terms, make you properly convert to a completely different religion.

Then, when you ask what will make an atheist convert to Christianity, they can give you the exact same answer as you gave and perhaps you'll understand a little better.

Aglynugga:

snowbear:

Aglynugga:

Ok I looked and poe was a writer and other things but he did not make laws but if you arent a racist I'm sorry it jsut seemed that way but ok but your english is not godly on God is godly so your ineglish is just really good.

I will tell you I am from the planet God made and I would tell you my age but now I am not sure I am rethiking time now because what other poeple explaned to me about time means time is something we dont think it is. so I am mabye 15-20 years old I dont now for sure tho.

Poe's law "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

Basically it's very hard for a rational thinker to tell the difference between somebody playing devils advocate and somebody who actually believes in god.

To be frank, if you are at least 15 of our earth years (a length of time that really is not up for debate, even if you think it is) then I would suggest putting down that bible of yours and tucking into some real education.

Following such an unjust and malicious god, as that of the christian God is so irrational it bemuses me. Yahweh or what ever you call him/it was a bastard.

Aglynugga:
What? hink about what you say no evedence fr you to not be an alien? You are not an alie that is a fact and that you try to say 'oh I am an alien prove I no oh there is no God because I am an alien' that is not very smart because you are not an alien the evedence of this is that you are not an alien and that is a fact. Look at yorself are you from mar no you are not so dont you look silly now. You say oh there is no proof I am on mars except you are not on mars are you no you are onearth why would you even try that because this is not a good agruement I think you do not now how to.

You have't presented any evidence that I'm not an alien from Mars. You're simple assuming.

You're posting isn't great. You're spelling a lot of words incorrectly, like "cant" should be "can't", "dont" should be "don't", "ell" should be "tell", etc.

You're typing incorrectly. I'm trying to do my best to decipher, but the error is yours rather than mine.

And no a day can be anything now a minute can mean an hour or one year could only be 30 days it is all what we want you thinkan hour means time but in the future our days will be longers maybe and then an hour will mean something else so please try to figure that out because you say you no but it changes so ho o you now? You dont but you say you so.

Is this meant to be Solipsism? If it is, it's meaniningless as is all Solipsism. If it's not, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

And people can believe what they want like I say there could be many Gods or maybe just one God and he shows himself to diffrent people so they learn about him like they need to that.

Or there could be no gods. Looking at the possibilities, there being no god and any believers deluding themselves is a fairly clear possibility.

But it doesnt matter what he said was desrecpetful so what if he does not believe in God he still made an insult but you want to ignore it because to you insulting God means nothing it is alright because you just say he is not real even though that is an insult as well it is your right to say that so say it but it is still insulting it is like I say God Loves you for your goodness but hates your weakness you might be insulted but that is my right to say. I dont say that though because to you it would be an insult so I wont.

You just said it. But I'm not insulted because I don't really care about opinion.

And see again you say oh look it says this amount of time but that could mean anything and anyways if you listened to me you would now about the Garden of Eden bieng outside of time so all that doesnt matter but even if it did it is still soemthing that could mean something else and it is not like you are makeing the discovery someone else does and then you look at it and say 'Oh I'm smarter than everyone now I read something must be true' and that sounds like faith to me.

No, it very much means something. You can test the half-life and again and gain it will come out as the same. Measuring the half-life of rock showing it is billions of years old directly and conclusively shows that the earth cannot merely be a few thousand and provides proof that anyone who believes so is wrong.

and the worldis lerning all the time but all it learns s that this is how God mae everything work so that is funny that you say that because all it means is that you can only learn about God with sceince even when you say hes not real so who is not listening?

There is no evidence for yaweh being behind 'science'. If there is something I'm missing, feel free to provide it.

And who nows what Gods do maybe they do things that we dont understand so it looks like they are contradiking themselves but to them it makes sense because we are not smart enough to understand at least I dont pretend to like you.

You specifically said in your last post that because of years of study people can understand god and we're wrong to ignore these people. So do they understand him or don't they? Make your mind up because you're contradicting yourself.

And lol you have given no proof you have said things like oh look I'm on mars God must not be real are you not thinking that is not proof that is some guy at a computer sauying things to look smart and just looking silly.

That was an example of argumentum ad ignorantiam. You;'re completely correct to state that I'm not from Mars. The thing is, the same reason that you can say I'm not from Mars is the same reason I can say Yaweh doesn't exist.

You can't prove I'm not from Mars. I can't prove Yahweh doesn't exist.

The thing is, not being able to prove that something doesn't exist doesn't mean it does exist. Can you provide evidence I'm not a multi-nillionaire? No, you can't. Does that therefore mean I'm a multi-billionaire? No. the burden of proof is on me to prove my claim, just as the burden of proof is on you to prove Yawheh exists.

And even then does this path lead you to good because any path that leads you to good is Gods path maybe it is a path for people like you that cant beleive in God but he still wants you to be good so he makes another thing for you to beleive in and then you do because its ok to be good for you as long as God is not invovled. And what Satan? Satan was mae by God so satanists have to beleive in God too even if they dont like him he is still there boss because Satan say 'I'm sorry' and God said 'Ok but you are still punished' and satan say to him 'Ok.'

That completely flies in the face of other people's religious beliefs. Why is your foundless religious belief right and other people's wrong?

if you cant tell the differne between a crazy person doing crazy things and someone normal who beleives in God there is something not right with your thinking I am sorry but maybe you need help.

There is a difference between a person doing crazy things and someone who believes in Yahweh? Care to point it out? I can't see any innate difference between true understanding of a omnipotent being and a person following common societal beliefs.

And see all you have to do about God then is look him up and you start to learn I don't now how you not get this maybe read again more when you read about things you learn about them so maybe you should go read a bible to learn.

Read the bible, read the Koran, read the book of Mormon, read Buddhist mythology.

Personally I preferred the Buddhist mythology because parts of it involved a supernatural monkey king hitting shit with a big ass stick which was entertaining, but it didn't make me believe any of it was true. I've gone far beyond what a normal person would to look at religion.

And maybe we learn about God for differce resons like muslims dont drink bwecause there not good with alcolhol or its hard to get alcohol in a desert so God thought maybe no alcohol for them. But studying God is important and what you miss is that most of all religous people will say No dont kill and that is the main thing not if you are being killed dont kill them instead because maybe God wants you to live and not the evil person killing you so kill them but all religuos people that study God usually say it is bad and if they dont maybe because they are evil and dont really study God they jsuit pretend. You try to say it is not correct but who are you to say it is not did you study religon for years no you studied not reading or agrueing properly so you are going to have problems talking to me.

So those are your religious beliefs. But some religious people who have spent years studying their religious tradition which stretches back centuries or millennium would completely disagree with your analysis. So obviously people being correct because they've studied religion for years, as you suggested, is completely wrong.

Olrod:
Aglynugga, what would it take to make you convert to a different religion?

"I'll never convert" is not an acceptable answer, you need to state what will, in no uncertain terms, make you properly convert to a completely different religion.

Then, when you ask what will make an atheist convert to Christianity, they can give you the exact same answer as you gave and perhaps you'll understand a little better.

Why would I convert there is no need nothign would change my mind what are you convert to not beleiving on God I dont understnad that you can call religon anything you want but if it is good it leads to God and if it is bad it leads away from God. So even if you are an aeithest you can work for God or you can not work for God you can be good or bad. Except that peopel who are aetheiest become not aetheist something makes them beleive and some people belive and then dont beleive so what do you mean because sometimes a person will tell you something else. It depends on the person you ask not the question. A marter will tell you the truth if you burn them to make them lie but someone who cannot take the torture will talk or mabye like someone who must keep a secret forever.

snowbear:

Aglynugga:

snowbear:

Poe's law "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

Basically it's very hard for a rational thinker to tell the difference between somebody playing devils advocate and somebody who actually believes in god.

To be frank, if you are at least 15 of our earth years (a length of time that really is not up for debate, even if you think it is) then I would suggest putting down that bible of yours and tucking into some real education.

Following such an unjust and malicious god, as that of the christian God is so irrational it bemuses me. Yahweh or what ever you call him/it was a bastard.

Ok now I understand thank you that is good about Poes law to now. But listen the bible is a tool towards God there are other tools you just have to find them age does not matter many people are called to God as young so they will listen at that age or an old age it does not matter. And even if you want to call God a bastard that is your choose to do you can say all the names you want but it does not mean anything.

Overhead:

Aglynugga:

You have't presented any evidence that I'm not an alien from Mars. You're simple assuming.

You're posting isn't great. You're spelling a lot of words incorrectly, like "cant" should be "can't", "dont" should be "don't", "ell" should be "tell", etc.

You're typing incorrectly. I'm trying to do my best to decipher, but the error is yours rather than mine.

Is this meant to be Solipsism? If it is, it's meaniningless as is all Solipsism. If it's not, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

And people can believe what they want like I say there could be many Gods or maybe just one God and he shows himself to diffrent people so they learn about him like they need to that.

Or there could be no gods. Looking at the possibilities, there being no god and any believers deluding themselves is a fairly clear possibility.

But it doesnt matter what he said was desrecpetful so what if he does not believe in God he still made an insult but you want to ignore it because to you insulting God means nothing it is alright because you just say he is not real even though that is an insult as well it is your right to say that so say it but it is still insulting it is like I say God Loves you for your goodness but hates your weakness you might be insulted but that is my right to say. I dont say that though because to you it would be an insult so I wont.

You just said it. But I'm not insulted because I don't really care about opinion.

No, it very much means something. You can test the half-life and again and gain it will come out as the same. Measuring the half-life of rock showing it is billions of years old directly and conclusively shows that the earth cannot merely be a few thousand and provides proof that anyone who believes so is wrong.

There is no evidence for yaweh being behind 'science'. If there is something I'm missing, feel free to provide it.

You specifically said in your last post that because of years of study people can understand god and we're wrong to ignore these people. So do they understand him or don't they? Make your mind up because you're contradicting yourself.

That was an example of argumentum ad ignorantiam. You;'re completely correct to state that I'm not from Mars. The thing is, the same reason that you can say I'm not from Mars is the same reason I can say Yaweh doesn't exist.

You can't prove I'm not from Mars. I can't prove Yahweh doesn't exist.

The thing is, not being able to prove that something doesn't exist doesn't mean it does exist. Can you provide evidence I'm not a multi-nillionaire? No, you can't. Does that therefore mean I'm a multi-billionaire? No. the burden of proof is on me to prove my claim, just as the burden of proof is on you to prove Yawheh exists.

That completely flies in the face of other people's religious beliefs. Why is your foundless religious belief right and other people's wrong?

There is a difference between a person doing crazy things and someone who believes in Yahweh? Care to point it out? I can't see any innate difference between true understanding of a omnipotent being and a person following common societal beliefs.

Read the bible, read the Koran, read the book of Mormon, read Buddhist mythology.

Personally I preferred the Buddhist mythology because parts of it involved a supernatural monkey king hitting shit with a big ass stick which was entertaining, but it didn't make me believe any of it was true. I've gone far beyond what a normal person would to look at religion.

So those are your religious beliefs. But some religious people who have spent years studying their religious tradition which stretches back centuries or millennium would completely disagree with your analysis. So obviously people being correct because they've studied religion for years, as you suggested, is completely wrong.

Ok the proof is in the fact because whatever you say you are not an alien you can make the agruement to it all you like but I dont need to prove you are because you arent. Think about it it is a silly way to agrue. You are not an alien that is a fact. How to prove this? Easy. You are only alien from mars somehow that we have never noticed and are like superman or that alein from mars are all over the world to only inviseble like ghosts or we never see them on mars at all ever so somehow they hide from us to never be seen mabye sent to earth instead of live on mars and there are mars pepole all over now and who can tell. Nope. Good story awsome but look you are a guy on earth talking to another guy on earth and you are not an alien good call to argue with him like a crazy person.

And my spelling is bad ok but if you are so smart it can be easy to read so try and you wll find that there is a lot of info in what I say.

Solipsisims is not a word I am familer with but if you read thread there is a guy that tryed to say stuff about time but did not make sence and showed me with numbers that we cna change time.

And you can beleive what you like who is stopping you I dont understand what you are saying go beleive whatever you want if you look at the posibelities there are infinite number of possibilities arent there dont we want to craet machines that are like Gods we want them to now everything like all our info and history and how we work and what we think and our emotions and sense they are faster than us they will be able to calcalate things fast like mabye what we are thinking or what we might do in the future so they can now the future and the past and eveyrthing that happens on the planet and the unioverse and they will use elctrecity to move particles around to make small things and big things and what then if we look at the posibelities there is probably alredy a God.

But that is not what I said I said I could say it but I wont it was an example what you can not tell?

And What are you not listening do we know everything about sceince now yes? Oh ok then we must know everythig ever about everthing. No and if if God is like sceince how can we now every thing about him we cant it will take many many years to now about him even many more that we already study for just like sceince will go on forever mabye learning God will.

And now more with you crazy argument it is not a very good one. Hello person who is not an alein form mars how does it feel to say sill things like that. And if you have money so what why do I want to prove that or not you try to say burden like I have to prove it now even more I dont have to prove it it jsut is and if you dont like it oh well.

What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong many pople say to do bad in Gods name and many people say do Good it is us not the religions what dont you know that people can do anything we want we have free will that mean you can beleive and say and do what you want that means beleiving in things other people dont. See I dont care if people beleive in some things but you do and it makes you mad that people say that God made the universe and you try so hard to make it not true but nothing you says can prove it because sceince will prove God.

Crazy people go crazy and have to be put on medication or they hide it until they do soemthing and then they are studied and need to be put away but if someone is religos and not crazy and they talk to the doctor the doctor says they are fine and having thoughts about God is ok. Mabye you dont understand good but there is no differnt between a good person for God and a good person with no God except one person beleives in God and the other dont.

You can like Budda he told people to be peaceful even if he did not beleif in God or told others not to if he was good and told people to do good that is good. I dont now about monkeys God has many angels and mabye for other people the monkey is an angel like a gaurdian or a fighter for God.

What are you talking about do sceincetist not agrue and think that others are wrong and then they have to talk and find things out and even then mabye we are just not ready becase we still act like kids and not ready to understand God and what he wants we have to make ourselfs better inside first and try to make our world better for other people. Mabye God is like sceince and we have a long way to go before we discover it all.

Well this thread turned into a shitstorm real fast...

Sorry about the 'Christian' troll here guys - let's try not to make the assumption that ALL people of religious belief are like this....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked