Former Head of South Carolina GOP Makes Remark About Trayvon Martin

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I wonder why the GOP has so much trouble getting minority votes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/todd-kincannon-trayvon-martin-tweet_n_2618895.html

Him defending himself.
(I know HP bias, but he's on the video don't read the article if you don't want to)

Makes me think so much of this at 3:40
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-30-2013/the-nuevo-deal---hispanic-room

I got a shit ton of 404 errors and refreshed the page a few times and this happened. I am sorry. :(

1. You made five copies of this very thread. I would ask a mod to delete all the rest.

Now... where were we...

Oh right.

I do agree that this was a terrible Super Bowl. The Referees didn't flag pretty blatant flows on the Raven's part, including grabbing catchers, including on the helmet, the power outage was annoying, and Beyonce was just painful.

I think the Trayvon shooting was self defense, I and I don't remember any evidence that suggests otherwise.

Still, this is just an insulting, stupid comment, that is for the most part baseless (was there any evidence that Trayvon was a drug dealer? It's been so long) and going to lose him a lot of voters.

So, can we please not have this become another gun thread? Please?

...LMAO, wtf? Seriously am I reading something off of 4chan or something a politician typed? Jesus tap dancing Christ, why did he think that it would be ok to type something like that?

Twitter: The enemy of communication advisers everywhere...

He's being an attention whore.

Just take his job away and throw this piece of shit away.

EDIT: His justification of "Hurrdurr I TROL U"

Are you fucking kidding me?

Helmholtz Watson:
...LMAO, wtf? Seriously am I reading something off of 4chan or something a politician typed? Jesus tap dancing Christ, why did he think that it would be ok to type something like that?

I'm guessing that's the reason why he's the former GOP leader in the area.

Shaoken:

Helmholtz Watson:

I dunno, a lot of people seem to have decided that Trayvon Martin was the devil incarnate, he'd likely not alienate many people that hadn't turned against him already.

Well, that's a silly comment to make. I'm not sure how he thought that wouldn't come back to bite him the ass.

DEL - aah, just kidding.

The forum has been overrun by cybermen!

Helmholtz Watson:
Jesus tap dancing Christ

I'm rather partial to "Christ on a bike" myself ;-)

But yeah. What you said. There is nothing in the world that could have made this anywhere near alright to say. His head must be stuck in a very dark place.

....The worse thing about this?
I don't think he was even drunk when he posted this! The spelling is too good! D:

Classy dude.
I don't really know what else to say.

I dare bet the GOP doesn't throw him out or even distance themselves from him over this. They're like the WBC without the signs sometimes.

Not G. Ivingname:
I think the Trayvon shooting was self defense, I and I don't remember any evidence that suggests otherwise.

A guy with a long history of paranoid and violent behaviour sees a black kid, immediatly thinks "Ohmygawd! Niggers in my neighbourhood!", grabs a gun, chases after him by foot and by car for over 15 minutes, and then murders him, and you seriously blame the victim instead of the killer 'because you've seen nothing to suggest otherwise'?

You probably think Jeffrey Dahmer is innocent too then. After all, those men were probably attacking him and he was just defending himself, and you've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

I'm fascinated by his delusion. His racists views have become the minority, so now he's reacting as minorities once did, lashing out against the intolerance of others... for his intolerant views.

It's like a dude getting mad when you don't allow him the right to limit the rights of others.

Makes my head hurt.

I wonder what possesses people to post things like this. I mean, it's fine (stupid but fine) for random nobodies to post shit like that, because they're random nobodies, but a former head of GOP? It's just so dumb I have no idea why they do it.

Wow....what an asshole. No matter what you think about Guns, or Politics, or the Trayvon Martin fiasco; this is just low and tasteless.

That guy is a complete tool. This year's Superbowl was plenty exciting. Brother vs brother, Kaepernick showing all the other QBs what it looks like to have a pair of balls, Jones broke the record for longest punt return, lots of little scuffles, and not to mention the 49er's almost-comeback and more.

Then again, Flacco got MVP instead of Jones. What the fuck...

LetalisK:

Well there's an obvious QB bias in the MVP selections. And that damned power outage; not only has it disrupted the game, it meant I have to stay at work longer than I planned >.>

thaluikhain:

Shaoken:

Helmholtz Watson:

I dunno, a lot of people seem to have decided that Trayvon Martin was the devil incarnate, he'd likely not alienate many people that hadn't turned against him already.

That's an exaggeration and a strawman, just because everybody doesn't have prejudice views against Zimmerman, doesn't make them think such things about Martin.

Helmholtz Watson:
That's an exaggeration and a strawman, just because everybody doesn't have prejudice views against Zimmerman, doesn't make them think such things about Martin.

It speaks of bias, but those images were correct, and the second one they call accurate is incorrect.

Gun violence worshippers had to dig into Martin's personal sites to find that photo, and it bears no relevance at all to the case since he was gunned down at random (or out of Zimmerman's paranoia, or out of racism, take your pick but it's one of those three), and Zimmerman has worn a prison outfit, because he's been arrested for violence before and has a history of violent and paranoid behaviour.

What's really the case is that the gun lobby couldn't stand the accurate reports on the case, so they blamed the media, like conservatives tend to do when things don't go their way.

What that picture actually is, is a fair reflection of murderer and victim, versus an extremely biased one, made in order to try and justify the murder.

Blablahb:
Martin/Zimmerman case

Blah, I know how you feel about guns and gun ownership. I'm not going to get into it with you on this subject, I recall quite well how quickly you were to damn Zimmerman early on. This isn't to say that I think that Zimmerman is innocent, just that I don't want to have this debate with you.

Well Trayvon did do drugs, so can't fault him there, that and I found that funny. Anyway, Zimmerman going free for the most part, I think he might be hit with perjury for the funds or some shit like that, from what people are saying, but yeah, Zimmerman is going free, and the media is going to be sued for their little stunt of demonizing him.

Ouch and then reading his follow up tweet in another article linked there... So he's in favor of murder apparently. Piece of shit.

Magenera:
/snip

Helmholtz Watson:
/snip

Blab's not the only one who has problems with the response of the gun lobby to that particular case. Let it rest, because I warn you, a discussion on this will become very ugly very fast.

I agree with Blab in this case. People tried to justify the death of Trayvon Martin with a variety of bullshit argument. Whether the case will be considered as murder or manslaughter we'll see.

OP: Classy. That's why you should stay away from Twitter.

Frission:

Blab's not the only one who has problems with the response of the gun lobby to that particular case. Let it rest, because I warn you, a discussion on this will become very ugly very fast.

I agree with Blab in this case. People tried to justify the death of Trayvon Martin with a variety of bullshit argument. Whether the case will be considered as murder or manslaughter we'll see.

I tell you what, if you want me to not bring up the case, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell me to drop it and then go on to start condemning everybody who didn't automatically feel that George Zimmerman was a complete monster. Its hypocritical and patronizing. I mean heaven forbid I don't automatically believe the biased crap that NBC created to make George Zimmerman look like he committed some hate crime[1].

[1] This isn't to say I'm absolving him of the actions he committed, just that I am questioning his motivation.

Helmholtz Watson:

Frission:

I tell you what, if you want me to not bring up the case, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell me to drop it and then go on to start condemning everybody who didn't automatically feel that George Zimmerman was a complete monster. Its hypocritical and patronizing. I mean heaven forbid I don't automatically believe the biased crap that NBC created to make George Zimmerman look like he committed some hate crime[1].

Interesting what you call condemnation for people who say that Zimmerman is not a monster.

[1] This isn't to say I'm absolving him of the actions he committed, just that I am questioning his motivation.

Frission:

"Stop talking about this, because people might react badly!" is a thought process that could be applied to 95% of the topics in this forum.

I have problems with how the anti-gun lobby responded to the Zimmerman/Martin case myself, especially with the stuff people like Blah posted. Doesn't mean that I try to shut him down over it. I've learned to ignore him. I refuse to let such an obvious baiter rustle MY jimmies.

On-topic: What an asshole.

Dijkstra:

Interesting what you call condemnation for people who say that Zimmerman is not a monster.

Interesting that you feel the need to point out a hyperbole.

Helmholtz Watson:

Dijkstra:

It does not read as it, and STILL doesn't fit what he said if merely reduced.

Dijkstra:

Helmholtz Watson:

Dijkstra:

It does not read as it, and STILL doesn't fit what he said if merely reduced.

Read it how ever you like, that is how I used the word. The word fits fine.

Frission:

Magenera:
/snip

Helmholtz Watson:
/snip

Zimmerman is such an evil guy, that his story for the most part is looking to be true right? Evidence pretty much sided with his story, and Trayvon did do drugs, and considering the drug laws, if he would have gotten caught, he would be sucking bubba dick. The media screwed up, and ran a story that didn't fit reality and now Zimmerman is going to make millions off it. Overall that whole incident was funny as hell.

My personal thoughts on the shooting, based on the evidence presented through the court case:

Zimmerman suspected Martin mostly out of paranoia. He may of thought he was doing good for his community, but continuing to persue Martin even after the police told him not to was the wrong thing to do, though Zimmerman justified it on the phone with "These assholes always get away."

Zimmerman likely confronted Martin with no due cause. Martin likely felt scared and angry being assailed by this white man for what he likely felt was for his skin color. Martin likely escalated the conflict when Zimmerman left his car, and punched Zimmerman, causing the injuries described by the officer. Zimmerman concluded the tragedy by panicking, taking his firearm and killing Martin as Martin walked away.

It has a colossal screw up by both sides, but George Zimmerman still deserves prison for what he did.

ALSO

LetalisK:

Jones may have had two great plays, but Flacco spent the entire night shredding that defense. Look at the numbers for Pitta, Boldin, Jones and ineffectiveness of Ray Rice and tell me Flacco didn't deserve the award.

Magenera:
Overall that whole incident was funny as hell.

I have to disagree with that, nothing is funny about being killed for getting skittles or being falsely portrayed as some violent racist.

NameIsRobertPaulson:
My personal thoughts on the shooting, based on the evidence presented through the court case:

Zimmerman suspected Martin mostly out of paranoia. He may of thought he was doing good for his community, but continuing to persue Martin even after the police told him not to was the wrong thing to do, though Zimmerman justified it on the phone with "These assholes always get away."

Zimmerman likely confronted Martin with no due cause. Martin likely felt scared and angry being assailed by this white man for what he likely felt was for his skin color. Martin likely escalated the conflict when Zimmerman left his car, and punched Zimmerman, causing the injuries described by the officer. Zimmerman concluded the tragedy by panicking, taking his firearm and killing Martin as Martin walked away.

It has a colossal screw up by both sides, but George Zimmerman still deserves prison for what he did.

ALSO

LetalisK:

Jones may have had two great plays, but Flacco spent the entire night shredding that defense. Look at the numbers for Pitta, Boldin, Jones and ineffectiveness of Ray Rice and tell me Flacco didn't deserve the award.

Okay, he didn't deserve the award. <.< I have too much haterade for him. To be honest, Flacco could have played the best game any QB has ever played and will every play and I'd still be against him. I can't explain why, but Flacco annoys the shit out of me.

Oh, and good assessment on the Zimmerman case, but please stop derailing the thread. >.>

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here