North Korea releases (bad) video of bombing the US.

Yeah...

This an official video released by a world government.

I am not sure what is worse, that they think they can threaten the United States military even with nukes...

Or, that they are trying to do it with elevator music and CGI out from 1993.

North Korea continues to be the most horrifying and unintentionally hilarious dictatorship on the planet.

Edit:

It is actually worse than I thought, both the music and some of the footage isn't even original.

is that the instrumentals of "we are the world" ?

Any chance anyone is able to translate any of the text shown in that?

I'm hoping that North Korea isn't crazy enough for this to be some sort of warning/threat to America, or even worse, propaganda.

burnt.hair:
is that the instrumentals of "we are the world" ?

I... think I just died laughing. I mean. -Really-.

The music just was the icing on the cake.

That was magical. And BONUS is relates to video games!

Obama is in on this! He's trying to take away our guns so those commies can come right in and take over our 'merica!

... MURICA!

Uhh...

*cough*

Thinking living in the Ozarks is starting to get to me...

Somewhere, right now, a North Korean propaganist is still smiling because he persuaded the powers that be to let him have Modern Warfare 3 to make the video.

Clips from American Video Game
Song from American Musician
Japanese Camera

Dang North Korea you are really bad at this aren't you?

so they made a video in which NYC is destroyed?

real original, video games and movies do that every month.

Is this even for real? Posted by a guy named "ApriIFool"? Well, if it is, let's keep a few things in mind...

a) It's targeted at North Koreans who (according to some sources) live in what basically amounts to several decades in the past of the rest of us, so the CGI may actually be the bees' knees.
b) "It seems that the nest of wickedness is ablaze with the fire started by itself" is apparently part of the captions; since I didn't see any actual impact of a North Korean rocket, perhaps they mean that the evil Imperialists are self-destructive without any need for getting nuked by North Korea.
c)I also noted all those... erm, spaceships circling Earth. Are they supposed to be... stratospheric bombers or something or are they actually an indication of civilian usage of rocket technology?

Yeah, this is pretty pathetic, but I'm not sure the overhyped reaction to it is quite justified at this point.

Ryotknife:
so they made a video in which NYC is destroyed?
real original, video games and movies do that every month.

Shush, you'll set off some conservative who links it to the 11/9 attacks and then has 'evidence' that videogames cause violence. ^_^

"Blow up the world, blow up the children, lets make a nuke while our people starve, we're super villains"... kind of catchy.

On a related note, WTF is Justine Bieber doing profaning the margins of my screen?

Hollywood could use a cleanup. Maybe then we could have better movies once the industry moves away from the bubble.

Blablahb:
Somewhere, right now, a North Korean propaganist is still smiling because he persuaded the powers that be to let him have Modern Warfare 3 to make the video.

Blablahb:

I wish I could meet that man because if this was him taking the piss so he could play MW3, He is the smartest son of a bitch in that whole country :P

Blablahb:
Shush, you'll set off some conservative who links it to the 11/9 attacks and then has 'evidence' that videogames cause violence. ^_^

OH shit! You're right! Now they'll start claiming we're North Korean Spies or something! D:

Captcha: Confused Cosby

Not buying it.

Even North Korea wouldn't openly threaten the U.S.A. with all the bashing it's been getting from the entire world.

Assassin Xaero:
Obama is in on this! He's trying to take away our guns so those commies can come right in and take over our 'merica!

... MURICA!

Uhh...

*cough*

Thinking living in the Ozarks is starting to get to me...

Hey, I grew up in the Ozarks and I turned perfectly rational! :-P If you ever need a dose of sanity just go to a college town, preferably Columbia or Springfield.

And I don't mean to say all conservatives are bad. I'm saying ignorant hicks who are convinced Obama is a commie Muslim who wipes his ass on the face of Jesus every time he takes a shit are bad.

SimpleThunda':
Not buying it.

Even North Korea wouldn't openly threaten the U.S.A. with all the bashing it's been getting from the entire world.

Sorry.

I cant hear you over the sound of this man still being God-King of North Korea.

Good news everyone!

The communist dogs yielded to the might of the greatest weapon we capitalist can bring to bear, copyright lawyers.

Freedom!, Freedom!, Freedom!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21351051

SimpleThunda':
Not buying it.

It is sadly, completely real.

image GIFSoup

I see North Korea as the guy with the sword... North Korea don't make us sick Harrison ford on you guys.

Hahaha, oh, nukes and Michael Jackson <3
Fucking. Epic. We need to sticky this thread. I'm dead serious. Let this moment never be forgotten.

Not G. Ivingname:

Yeah...

This an official video released by a world government.

This underlying message of this videa is actually that the USA is great.

Firstly, it tries to stir emotions with an American song. Then it shows NK rockets going up, despite the fact that the US has been building them for over half a century. Then it's got a space shuttle, which totally rips off what USA had flying around 30 years ago.

So what it's really all saying, is one unspecified day far in the future, the people of North Korea hope to copy the existing great fruits of US civilisation. Hell, why wait, when the real article is available just across the Pacific already?

dmase:
image GIFSoup

I see North Korea as the guy with the sword... North Korea don't make us sick Harrison ford on you guys.

You forgot to mention that the sword is made of foam and the swordsman who is wielding it has had half a meal in the last month.

Mexican drug cartels are better equipped than the entire nation.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here