Ex-Navy LAPD Officer Wages Guerilla War Against Former Employers

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/irvine-killings-cop-manifesto-.html

"A former Los Angeles police officer who wrote an online manifesto threatening to harm police officials and their families is wanted for allegedly killing the daughter of a former LAPD captain as well as the woman's fiance."

"Irvine police on Wednesday night named Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, as the suspect of the double slayings in the parking lot of an upscale Irvine apartment complex. Officials warned that Dorner is armed and dangerous. Law enforcement sources said police have placed security at the homes of LAPD officials named in the manifesto and believe Dorner has numerous weapons."

"Dorner said in his online postings that being police officer had been his life's ambition since he served in the Police Explorers program. Now that had been taken away from him, he said, he suffered from severe depression and was filled with rage over the people who forced him from his job."

"Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over. Suppressing the truth will leave to deadly consequences for you and your family. There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep," he wrote, referring to Quan and several others.

In short, the man was fired and blacklisted for trying to highlight corruption in one of the most corrupt and abusive police departments in the country. He has proceeded to use his knowledge of COIN and insurgencies in general to wage a one man war that has the LAPD panicking like never before. His manifesto appears to have been taken down and been replaced with a doctored one.

During their hunt for him, the LAPD has managed to gun down a number of innocents unrelated to Dorner.

I cannot condone what this man has done. Just the same, I fully understand why he chose this ending for himself.

This is my chance to make this reference! Rambo: First Blood! Anyway, pretty hard to go for the cops here. Especially when the police are the paranoid, trigger happy shooters and the suspect isn't even targeting innocents.

Anget Colslaw:
This is my chance to make this reference! Rambo: First Blood! Anyway, pretty hard to go for the cops here. Especially when the police are the paranoid, trigger happy shooters and the suspect isn't even targeting innocents.

Did you miss the part where he killed a woman and her fiance just because the woman's father was a cop? Or the fact that the guy is a homophobic racist? Here's a better and more exhaustive story:

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - California police launched a massive manhunt Thursday for a former cop accused of killing three people, including another officer, and posting chilling threats to kill more.

In an Internet manifesto threatening police and their families, Christopher Dorner warned about "terminating" a retired policeman he blamed for his sacking five years ago and called lesbians and Asians "high value" targets.

The LA Police Department, backed by agencies including the FBI, said it was protecting over 40 possible targets, some of them identified in the "rambling" online manifesto by Dorner, a 33-year-old US Navy reservist.

"Dorner is considered to be armed and extremely dangerous," LAPD chief Charlie Beck told a press conference, adding that the suspect has "multiple weapons at his disposal, including assault rifles."

"The criminal with whom we are dealing has made it clear that he considers police officers and their families fair game," added Sergio Diaz, police chief in Riverside, east of Los Angeles, where one officer was killed.

In a flurry of police action including false alerts, a naval base near San Diego was put on lockdown after a possible sighting and an attempt to steal a boat nearby, prompting speculation Dorner planned to flee by sea to Mexico.

Dorner's wallet and an ID badge were found overnight in San Diego, two hours south of Los Angeles, police said, while there also reports of police searches in neighboring Nevada, where he has a house near Las Vegas.

Dorner was already wanted over the suspected revenge killing on Sunday of a couple, Keith Lawrence and Monica Quan, who was the daughter of Randy Quan, a retired police officer he blamed for his firing.

Then he allegedly attacked two other officers overnight in Riverside, killing one and injuring the other. Another officer was injured in a separate incident in nearby Corona.

In addition, two civilians were injured early Thursday when police officers opened fire on them in a vehicle they believed to be Dorner's. "Tragically we believe that this was a case of mistaken identity," said Beck.

Dorner posted his manifesto online Monday, saying he was not afraid to die because he had already died when he was dismissed in September 2008 for making false statements about his training officer.

"I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, (so) I am terminating yours," he wrote to Randy Quan.

"Suppressing the truth will (lead) to deadly consequences for you and your family. There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat and sleep," he said, referring to Quan and several others.

Dorner is described as black, six feet (1m80) tall and 270 pounds (120 kilos) in weight. He was said to be driving a gray Nissan Titan pickup, and may have changed the license plates.

In his 20-page manifesto, published by ABC news and other media, Dorner said he was determined to clear his name.

"The attacks will stop when the department states the truth about my innocence, SYSTEMLY!!! I will not accept any type of currency/goods in exchange for the attacks to stop... I want my name back, period."

He also singled out lesbians and Asians as targets. "Those lesbian officers in supervising positions who go to work, day in day out, with the sole intent of attempting to ... degrade male officers. You are a high value target.

Riverside police chief Diaz said his opinion of Dorner was "unprintable," adding: "The manifesto I think speaks for itself, in terms of evidence of a depraved mind and heart."

LAPD chief Beck said Dorner's police and military training made the threat all the more serious. "He knows what he's doing. We trained him ... he's also a member of the armed forces," he said.

"It is extremely worrisome and scary." Asked what message he wanted to give Dorner, he said: "I would tell him to turn himself in. This has gone far enough.

So in total, he killed two people just to hurt one man, he may have killed one cop and injured another, and he's marked his intention to go after families.

All things considered I have no problem backing the police over him.

So on one side, we have a guy who's either gone off the deep end, or just tired of the LAPD's shit (according to two other articles I've read),versus a largely corrupt and incompetent police force and has a civilian kill count second to the NYPD?

I really don't know who to back here. I really don't.

Shaoken:

Anget Colslaw:

Did you miss the part where he killed a woman and her fiance just because the woman's father was a cop? Or the fact that the guy is a homophobic racist?

I would hardly call the man a racist,seeing as one of his main complaints is the acceptance of racism in the LAPD and how officers are bullied and coerced into accepting it.

He calls people out not because of what they are, but because of what they do. Namely stand by and let the system crush people, or they actively take part in the system to further their own agendas.

Vilify the man for his actions all you want, he certainly deserves it. But, do not attempt to misrepresent his motivations.

Personally I hope this man is arrested and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

A murderer like him gains no pity or "kindness" from me.

hah. The LAPD fails again, just like they always do.

The LAPD killed what, 5 people to search for one man and its barely time for the kids to get out of school?

I expect the death count to rise, since at the time of posting its 3 PM in California. Lets hope no parents pick up their kids in a blue Nissan titan.

And foreigners wonder why no one wants to call the LAPD. They are liable to get there long after the crime is over, and shoot you just for the hell of it.

Sounds like a completely deranged lunatic and a craven coward on top of that. Hope they put him away as soon as possible, before anyone else gets hurt.

Scolar Visari:
Vilify the man for his actions all you want, he certainly deserves it. But, do not attempt to misrepresent his motivations.

You don't know his motivations. His actions however point towards him being a fruitcake. Someone who thinks murdering someone's children or wife is a good way to get back at his employer is likely so far gone that nothing he says about it is based on reality.

Also, what's with the misleading topic title? The man is a deranged killer, not someone fighting a war.

These things always make me wonder if we'll ever get the full story. Who knows if this ex-cop was homophobic or racist, and how much so. I certainly don't trust the LAPD to give the real story. But as fucked as the LAPD is, and even if this ex-cop was the nicest guy ever, can't support someone who goes on some action movie death rampage to solve his problems.

Blablahb:
Sounds like a completely deranged lunatic and a craven coward on top of that. Hope they put him away as soon as possible, before anyone else gets hurt.

Scolar Visari:

You don't know his motivations. His actions however point towards him being a fruitcake. Someone who thinks murdering someone's children or wife is a good way to get back at his employer is likely so far gone that nothing he says about it is based on reality.

I'd say his suicide note/manifesto lays out his reasons and motivations pretty well.

His actions may be unforgivable, but they are not without direction. He's doing what we trained him to do, and how we've trained him to do it.

Scolar Visari:
I'd say his suicide note/manifesto lays out his reasons and motivations pretty well.
His actions may be unforgivable, but they are not without direction.

If one considers a delusion likely born from mental illness to be direction, then maybe yes. What I read in the words of some here however is that they consider this crime spree to be somewhat legitimate, or caused by genuine grievances.

The former is of course sickening, the latter incorrect because we don't know the details.

Scolar Visari:
He's doing what we trained him to do, and how we've trained him to do it.

Now I may be highly critical of the professionalism of the US armed forces and find the actions of US police highly questionable at times, but I'm pretty sure not even their training involves murdering kids of people to get back at them.

Blablahb:

Scolar Visari:
He's doing what we trained him to do, and how we've trained him to do it.

Now I may be highly critical of the professionalism of the US armed forces and find the actions of US police highly questionable at times, but I'm pretty sure not even their training involves murdering kids of people to get back at them.

What is "Anwar al-Aulaqi" for 500 Monopoly dollars...

He's learned his enemies' weaknesses, habits, operating procedures. He's devised a plan to systematically destroy his enemies' careers and families. He's not running a COIN operation, so he's not exactly working off the playbook. But, he is using what he knows about COIN to run his own Insurgency against what he deems a corrupt and tyrannical oppressing force.

Scolar Visari:
What is "Anwar al-Aulaqi" for 500 Monopoly dollars...

He's learned his enemies' weaknesses, habits, operating procedures. He's devised a plan to systematically destroy his enemies' careers and families. He's not running a COIN operation, so he's not exactly working off the playbook. But, he is using what he knows about COIN to run his own Insurgency against what he deems a corrupt and tyrannical oppressing force.

Looks a lot more to me like he used his second amendment right to murder a bunch of people he hates.

Also I doubt reservists even get the training for the operation type you mentioned. I'm a reservist myself and most of it is legwork. Guarding places, providing honour guards, playing opposing force during training excersizes, the odd disaster reponse...

And when I said someone like the Joker could exist, people laughed at me! They called me deranged and living in a fantasy land! Well, I'll show them! I'll Show them all! If this guy can do it, then why shouldn't I?! I'll take care of all who told me a Joker-like individual couldn't exist! They'll all see!! *Maniacle Laugh* /End Joke

OT: I really hope this guy is caught and is put on trial, where he is found guilty, but his testimonial puts the police in the spotlight.

Anyone surprised the LAPD is corrupt or that they ended up spawned this dirt bag? Anyone?

It's nice to see them doing something besides being the world's most glorified meter maids, though. I guess....>.>

Blablahb:
Looks a lot more to me like he used his second amendment right to murder a bunch of people he hates.

Just like those LAPD officers lit up a truck fitting his' description only to find two wounded Asian women inside?

How can you vilify a man for firing on innocents when the law is doing the exact same thing?

Also I doubt reservists even get the training for the operation type you mentioned. I'm a reservist myself and most of it is legwork. Guarding places, providing honor guards, playing opposing force during training excersizes, the odd disaster reponse...

There maybe not, but here they are. In fact, a lot of them get deployed along with regular units.

cripes this is like choosing between Adolf Hitler and Emperor Palpatine. LAPD continues its sad existence, just another reason why not to live in Las Angeles (dont forget the rampant gangs too!)

Ill throw this in from LAPD website

The County and City of Los Angeles are the "gang capital" of the nation. There are more than 450 active gangs in the City of Los Angeles. Many of these gangs have been in existence for over 50 years. These gangs have a combined membership of over 45,000 individuals.

Smagmuck_:

Blablahb:

How can you vilify a man for firing on innocents when the law is doing the exact same thing?

Simple; the police shooting was an accident (in that they thought he was the one in the car), the ex-officer deliberately targeted a woman because she was the daughter of an officer, and her fiance too.

Just because the LAPD killed innocents doesn't make this man any less evil.

Smagmuck_:

Blablahb:

Just like those LAPD officers lit up a truck fitting his' description only to find two wounded Asian women inside?

What, wait? Murder doesn't become ok just because other people are doing it.

You are allowed to condemn more than one murdered at the same time.

Smagmuck_:

I really don't know who to back here. I really don't.

Let's you and I take the side of the innocent people caught up in this bullshit then. Otherwise I'm in your boat with having no idea who to back.

Shaoken:
Simple; the police shooting was an accident.

More than likely just some cop looking to be the hero and end this just jumped the gun, putting two women in the hospital. And the officer in question probably won't face any major punishment, this is the LAPD after all.

I'm willing to bet they're going to try and pin this incident on the suspect in question if they capture him too.

It also means that they are no better than he is. And judging by the LAPD's track record, they probably have a higher civilian kill count than he does.

thaluikhain:

No, no it doesn't. But, it isn't any less better than people trying to put this into a black and white issue when all the facts clearly point to it being black and black morality.

You are allowed to condemn more than one murdered at the same time.

This is correct, both sides need to get their shit in order, so that everyone in LA can live a little bit safer.

Gold:
Let's you and I take the side of the innocent people caught up in this bullshit then. Otherwise I'm in your boat with having no idea who to back.

This, I'm going to do this. To those of you I've already quoted, this is going to be my stance on the issue. I hope the two bystanders that were shot by LAPD take them to court for it.

Smagmuck_:

Shaoken:
Simple; the police shooting was an accident.

More than likely just some cop looking to be the hero and end this just jumped the gun, putting two women in the hospital. And the officer in question probably won't face any major punishment, this is the LAPD after all.

I'm willing to bet they're going to try and pin this incident on the suspect in question if they capture him too.

Err, no. The LAPD up and said that it was their fault, that it was their officers who shot at that car in a case of "mistaken identity", and took full responsiblity over what happened. So, you bet wrong.

It also means that they are no better than he is. And judging by the LAPD's track record, they probably have a higher civilian kill count than he does.

Oh Bull fucking shit. You're comparing an organisation that has employed thousands of people to a man who outright stated his intention was to kill anyone he blamed for his dismall and their families. The majority of people he's killed so far have never worked for the LAPD in their lives, and were killed because they were a daughter of a former officer and her fiance respectively.

I honestly don't see how the fuck there can be any ambiguity here; for all the talk of the LAPD's corruption, at the moment two thirds of the murdered victims aren't LAPD, and the man made it clear he's going to kill families.

thaluikhain:

No, no it doesn't. But, it isn't any less better than people trying to put this into a black and white issue when all the facts clearly point to it being black and black morality.

No, it is black and white; this man killed two people who never worked for the LAPD and has made it clear in his manifesto that he's targetting families. The worst the LAPD has done in this specific instance is shoot to people in an act they've owned up to (despite your instance they would try and cover it up).

No matter what the LAPD's history, they are working to stop a man whose deliberetly targeting people who have never personally wronged him, just to get back at someone else.

Gold:

This, I'm going to do this. To those of you I've already quoted, this is going to be my stance on the issue. I hope the two bystanders that were shot by LAPD take them to court for it.

Yes, because that is clearly the best case scenario here, not that the LAPD just do the right thing off the bat and compensate them appropriately for the shooting without having to be prompted.

And where is your concern for the two (so far) innocent people who were killed by the suspect? You haven't said a word about them yet, just saying you have no idea who to back (here's a hint for you; back whoever hasn't announced their intentions to target families. Even with your, perhaps not unreasonable, distaste for the LAPD even you have to admit they haven't crossed that line).

First his manifesto wasn't taken down and replaced media redacted some things because they where gruesome and concerned threats against officers. Not to mention his profuse use of profanity.

Now I wanna know where there is information backing what this guy because it all looks like he filed a false claim while being trained and was dismissed because of it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks-dorner/index.html

Maybe information regarding the case hasn't been accurate but still i have a hard time believing his events given the information in that article. And things certainly aren't as bad as before the Rodney King beating.

LAPD helped prove his point when they fired on two innocents because they had similar vehicles. It seems they shoot first and ask questions later. The police are terrified of this man. Not saying this guy is in the right, but some police organizations are very corrupt.

Blablahb:

Scolar Visari:

Also, what's with the misleading topic title? The man is a deranged killer, not someone fighting a war.

He put out a manifesto. We know what motivates him. 11,000 words. All condemning the LAPD's racism, corruption, and general awful culture.

Culture that started riots 20 years ago. A culture that still lingers on, and people still dislike.

Its no secret the LAPD is racist. Its no secret the LAPD is corrupt and inept at what it does.

We've known this since the Rodney King riots. This man has said nothing new, nothing the state of California didn't already know.

Fisher321:
LAPD helped prove his point when they fired on two innocents because they had similar vehicles. It seems they shoot first and ask questions later. The police are terrified of this man. Not saying this guy is in the right, but some police organizations are very corrupt.

And you know what? Stop generalizing and painting an entire branch as corrupt based off of baseless conjecture. Is the LAPD a perfect example of how police officers should be? Of course not. But when you, and others in this thread, start saying asinine crap of an underfunded, understaffed, and extremely hated police force, it really raises my hackles at the ignorance of people that don't live in Los Angeles.

Here's the facts for some of you.

This guy was performing badly while under training to be a police officer, who decided to cry out "Corruption!" two weeks after the confrontation with Gettler.

Based off of separate accounts from the eyewitnesses, the officers(Dorner and his superior at the time), the family(In which even the father and Gettler had different accounts), the Internal Affairs unit ruled out Dorner made false allegations.

Dorner killed the daughter and fiance of his own union representative. The same man that took his case to court to clear him of his 'tarnished name' that he says the LAPD causes when they fired him.

Dorner then shot at two LAPD officers when they were doing their duty in response to the manifesto Dorner put out. After that, he shot at two Riverside police officers, killing one of them, by ambushing them as they were at a traffic light.

This sounds more like a man with Delusions of Persecution more than someone who believed they were wronged. If it was just the LAPD he was after? He would be going after them, not the police of a different department, not the family of the man that tried to defend his name in court.

The LAPD's response? Over the top, downright paranoid, and will cause problems as it now leaves an immediate vacuum for the gangs and more hardened criminals to fill the space since they(And other police departments) will be hunting for Dorner.

I don't quite see the relevance of possible corruption in the LAPD here.
If he's a murderer, he lost all high ground. He needs to be taken down. Now, that obviously doesn't mean that the LAPD doesn't need fixing. Two wrongs don't make a right, in either direction. But a murderer on the loose is a bit more pressing and even more importantly the guy shouldn't be elevated to some sort of hero-status if he murdered innocents.
For instance, some of us dislike Che Guevara for that reason. Batista and his regime were bad guys, but that doesn't justify everything and anything one can do.

EDIT: Also, this. Exactly this:

Oh Bull fucking shit. You're comparing an organisation that has employed thousands of people to a man who outright stated his intention was to kill anyone he blamed for his dismall and their families. The majority of people he's killed so far have never worked for the LAPD in their lives, and were killed because they were a daughter of a former officer and her fiance respectively.

Shaoken:

Yes, because that is clearly the best case scenario here, not that the LAPD just do the right thing off the bat and compensate them appropriately for the shooting without having to be prompted.

And where is your concern for the two (so far) innocent people who were killed by the suspect? You haven't said a word about them yet, just saying you have no idea who to back (here's a hint for you; back whoever hasn't announced their intentions to target families. Even with your, perhaps not unreasonable, distaste for the LAPD even you have to admit they haven't crossed that line).

Dunno if this is directed at me because the escapist sent me a message saying you were quoting me but you're clearly quoting Smag. I'll answer anyway, even though I don't think you were talking to me.

I'm taking those two innocents side as well.

Hope this guys gets caught and put away, and the people shot by the police sue the hell out of them. I don't care what his motivations are, racist or not. Guy is deranged, and needs to be stopped. In this case, I'll be rooting for law and justice.

Shaoken:
Err, no. The LAPD up and said that it was their fault, that it was their officers who shot at that car in a case of "mistaken identity", and took full responsiblity over what happened. So, you bet wrong.

Can I ask where you're getting your magic future seeing powers?

Still does not exonerate the LAPD for it's corrupt behavior.

No, it is black and white; this man killed two people who never worked for the LAPD and has made it clear in his manifesto that he's targetting families. The worst the LAPD has done in this specific instance is shoot to people in an act they've owned up to (despite your instance they would try and cover it up).

And there have been multiple reports of LAPD and neighboring town cops, opening fire on vehicles resembling his.

He's targeting families, they're targeting anyone with a blue pick up truck.

And where is your concern for the two (so far) innocent people who were killed by the suspect?

They weren't killed, they were wounded, one of which was shot in the hand.

In which case, they should take them to court for gross or criminal negligence.

I think the thing to take away from this story is that members of the LAPD are making only the most cursory of attempts to identify their suspect before they open fire. They were looking for a bald black man, they shot two women (and shot at them for quite a bit). Thank God they're shitty marksmen (though one wonders how much help we could expect them to be in an actual emergency given such accuracy), but what happens when the next case of 'mistaken identity' becomes a fatal affair?

Imagine what happens when some poor young man gets gunned down in the streets by LA's finest. The Rodney King Riots will probably look like a friendly bonfire. One man has got the LA cops so rattled that apparently they've gone blind with fear (in more ways than one).

Yes, Dorner's a bad man, I don't condone what he's doing and if he never lives to see the inside of a courtroom, I'll shed no tears for him. But if there's anything to his campaign I hope its that the Angelinos will take a long hard look at the law enforcers of their city. I hope they'll ask some hard, hard questions of their Command Staff, and I hope someone starts cleaning house.

Smagmuck_:

Shaoken:

And there have been multiple reports of LAPD and neighboring town cops, opening fire on vehicles resembling his.

And where is your concern for the two (so far) innocent people who were killed by the suspect?

Smagmuck, Shaoken is talking about Monica Quan and her fiance. Who were both shot and killed in their car. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57568134-504083/monica-quan-and-keith-lawrence-murders-christopher-dorner-ex-cop-sought-in-slaying-of-basketball-coach-fiance/

Monica Quan is the daughter of retired LAPD captain Randal Quan. Who represented Droner, trying to clear his name of the false accusation charges the LAPD fired him for.

Gold:

Shaoken:

Dunno if this is directed at me because the escapist sent me a message saying you were quoting me but you're clearly quoting Smag. I'll answer anyway, even though I don't think you were talking to me.

I'm taking those two innocents side as well.

Sorry, I screwed up one quote bracket.

So far though there have been four innocent victims; the two people shot at by the LAPD who drove a similar looking car to the suspect (which has apparantly been found burned to a crisp), and the daughter of an officer and her fiance killed by the ex-cop. I was bitching Smag out because while he paints the LAPD as utterly corrupt down to it's very core (overlooking the fact that it's a large organisation, not every last member of it is a corrupt, racist, attacker-of-innocents bastard, and I doubt the accused took the time to confirm their identities before he shot at the four officers he did, but for the sake of argument I'll leave them out of it) and how terrible it is that they shot two innocent people, he hasn't said a word about the man whose loudly announced his intentions to target people's family's and has done so already.

But anyway, it's okay to take the innocents side.

Smagmuck_:

Shaoken:

news.com.au . It is a Murdoch-owned website so political stuff I take with a grain of salt.

http://www.news.com.au/world/hunt-for-ex-cop-christopher-dorner-in-riverside-killing-spree/story-fndir2ev-1226573102981

In addition, two civilians were injured early Thursday when police officers opened fire on them in a vehicle they believed to be Dorner's. "Tragically we believe that this was a case of mistaken identity," said Beck.

So, admitting fault, not trying to frame the suspect. You bet wrong.

Of which this is complete irrelevant to the matter at hand: this guy says he's targetting the corruption to clear his name, and his first targets didn't even work for the organisation. This isn't some crusade to clean up the corruption in the LAPD, it's one man's revenge plot because that system turned him out.

Well so far I've only heard of one confirmed report so...would you care to start sharing these reports so I don't have to take your word for it?

One, hyperbole.

Two, you claimed they're doing it so they can be called heroes instead of maybe, they're utterly paranoid about this guy seeing as he's attacked cops on two seperate occasions; wounding three, killing one.

Three, he's killed two innocent people deliberately and with malice. The LAPD wounded two people out of mistaken identity to stop someone whose pledged to kill them all.

I'm talking about Monica Quan and her fiance Keith Lawrence, the former who was the daughter of the man who defended him at his trial and whom he blames for his dismissal, and wrote to him saying "I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, (so) I am terminating yours." (same source as before).

So, when are you going to admit that happened?

Smagmuck_:

Weren't you backing the gun lobby in a lot of other threads? How come you're now opposed to the consequences of the things said lobby stands for? It seems contradictory.

Smagmuck_:

Because I've got a brain, so I realise that it's not a matter of having to choose between either backing shooting up random civilians like some sort of gun lobby mascotte incarnated, or baking a deranged murderer who's killing people out of revenge.

Smagmuck_:

Uh, the way you write it now, you're denying the people killed by that murderer were killed, and them getting killed, is negligence on their part.

Reconsider.

Ultratwinkie:
He put out a manifesto. We know what motivates him. 11,000 words. All condemning the LAPD's racism, corruption, and general awful culture. Culture that started riots 20 years ago. A culture that still lingers on, and people still dislike.

And I'm telling you that's not his motivation, because his actions suggest he's not right in the head. That is his motivation.

If someone starts shooting up a daycare home because little children are a threat to his godgiven right to bear arms, does that mean that that gun owner is a lunatic, or that small children are out to take your guns? Same applies to this case. He may write those things, but his motive seems to be mental illness.

Ultratwinkie:
Its no secret the LAPD is racist. Its no secret the LAPD is corrupt and inept at what it does.

Some proof of these ridiculous accusations would be nice. Proof in the form of, you know, statistics how often they screw up, and not like "Here's five anecdotes across a timespan of 20 years, for a police force that handles tens of thousands of cases each year. Clear proof they always screw up!".

So some guy is putting on a villainous the-children-of-my-enemies-must-die Rambo act, until his inevitable capture or death?

Doesn't seem like a R&P issue to me, more of a pest control one. There might be explanations for what the guy did - it seems somewhat likely he was unfairly dismissed - but explanations are not excuses. His actions are about as politically relevant as a Rambo movie.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here