Want to help stop CISPA? Here's your chance.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-cispa-cyber-intelligence-sharing-and-protection-act/19sQhBpy?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

We have six days and (at the time of this writing) 33,515 signatures to go, so get to work. Tell your friends, your parents, your siblings, your current signifigent other, any ex-sigifigent others, your co-workers. If there's a guy walking by your house right now, go out there and pester him to sign it if he hasn't already. If you were pissed by any measure at all over CAS, or if you've complained about all the shit the higher ups get away with, then you have no excuse not to sign it. And when you're done with that, spread the word. You saw what we were able to do about SOPA. There's nothing wrong with an encore, so get to it.

Or we could just have US Citizens to call their congress men again...

Smells like advertising...

The Gentleman:

Indeed it is, because it's worth your time. If I'm being abbrasive, I'm sorry, but it'll only take a few seconds of your time to sign the thing to help put this bullshit down.

Dane Tesston:

The Gentleman:

Indeed it is, because it's worth your time. If I'm being abbrasive, I'm sorry, but it'll only take a few seconds of your time to sign the thing to help put this bullshit down.

A few things:

1) Not an American.

2) Internet petitions are no replacement for a constituent call in.

3) You provided no explanation as to what CISPA is. I know that it's a US cybersecurity bill aimed primarily at countering malicious hacking, but not very many Americans pay as much attention to US legislative politics as I do.

You do know that CISPA and SOPA are two completely different legislative bills, right?

Dane Tesston:

The Gentleman:

I hate to point this out, but online petitions aren't worth the non-existant paper their printed on. Dime a dozen, too easy with no real commitment behind it, and no way to ensure a lack of duplicate entries.

Like Diablo said, you want to stop it? Go call a senator and do some real life actions rather than wasting your time with an online petition; nobody listened to the one calling for secession, or any other petition in living memory.

Also advertising blogs and similar efforts is against the Escapists rules.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked