Ahmadinejad betrayed Islam, according to conservative clerics

Well, I don't suppose many expected this, huh?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9920631/Irans-president-Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-criticised-for-hugging-mother-of-Hugo-Chavez.html
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/10/irans-mahmoud-ahmadinejad-criticized-hugging-hugh-/

I have to keep wondering just what kind of internal tensions there might be in Iran, and more importantly, if the religious leaders decide that Ahmadinejad is too "progressive", just who is he going to get replaced with, how violent that's going to be, and what direction that will turn Iran into.

if you dig a bit deeper into the politics of iran you find out hes pretty much a very vocal batshit crazy figure head that the religious power brokers hate

...Why the fuck should I care about Iranian mud slinging? He's already scheduled to leave and be replaced with another candidate in the next elections. Now it's time to wait and see if the candidate is one of the progressives, conservatives or crazy batshit insane.

This won't change much. After the elections the USA is scheduled for invasion, unless something they want happens.

Glasgow:
...Why the fuck should I care about Iranian mud slinging? He's already scheduled to leave and be replaced with another candidate in the next elections. Now it's time to wait and see if the candidate is one of the progressives, conservatives or crazy batshit insane.

This won't change much. After the elections the USA is scheduled for invasion, unless something they want happens.

You do realize that at least on the political party level their "progressives" are still bat shit crazy right? And technically the president holds no real power since the Supreme Leader and the Council of Experts hold all the power over both the legislative branch via obsolete veto power with in both lower and upper parliaments(Majlis), and over the executive branch(well defacto one at least) trough direct control of the IRGC.
The president for most part is a puppet figure which replaced the prime-minister after the governmental "reforms" of 1980's.

In any case Ahmadinejad is very unpopular throughout most of the ranks of Iranian politics, not because of his ideology but because of his big mouth. Pretty much every move he makes seems to be directly opposite to Iranian interests, to the point where half of the anti-Israeli/conspiracy circles claim that he is a Mossad plant...

This video is always good to include in threads about Iran. Especially in any website ending in ".com"

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked