George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Yeah...no, no. Fuck no.

People saying this will cause a riot like a certain other case don't know what they're talking about. And they're insulting the issue that brought about those riots. This was never about race. It might have involved it, but it was never about it. He didn't get a not guilty because the other guy was black and he wasn't, he got a not guilty because the prosecution was pathetic in their attempts to prove that he had malicious intent, and utterly failed to prove that it was anything but self defense. What with the only actual witness saying they only saw the Martin guy beating on Zimmerman.

And I love how people are outraged over this because they totally know what really happened, somehow. Any evidence, or lack of evidence, doesn't matter in the slightest, because you totally know what really happened. Somehow.

If he was found guilty, fine, I would accept that, but he wasn't. And there was literally zero real evidence against him. But you know, because the other guy was black, it had to have been because of racism. Somehow.

Eh, did anyone expect anything different.

Going out on a limb, but by (my) strict interpretation of the law, there's no way Zimmerman could be found guilty. It doesn't matter what he did, the only other witness is conveniently dead, there's nothing to say for sure it wasn't self defence.

Nikolaz72:
Now if only the U.S justice system could be consistent with the whole 'Innocent till Proven Guilty' routine... There are a lot of retarded cases currently going on that could use the same treatment as this one.

Including (But not exclusively thinking of) the case with the kid that's looking at up to 10 years for bad humor on Facebook.

Oh, whats that police? You found no weapon? that means the case is dropped right?

no?

Fuckin' A-....

Not to mention putting bail at 500.000$ for a kid whose family couldn't even cough up 25.

Oh, you will never see me saying our criminal justice system is perfect, theres a whole lot of bullshit that goes on. I honestly don't know all to much about the situation you mentioned, but from the little I've heard, it sounds like a very over zealous DA. I hope he doesn't end up being convicted of anything beyond a bad taste in humor.

MatsVS:

ToastiestZombie:
No, the reason Trayvon was shot was because he started the fight and beat Zimmerman to a pulp, and that is what the jury decided. Stop trying to make yourself better than the court, and calling the defense a "pathetic mouth-breather" would most likely get you kicked out of a trial. The simple truth is that the evidence given by both the prosecution and the defense lead the jury to come to the decision that Zimmerman acted upon self-defense.

Shock and Awe:
Oh look, a complete lack of understanding of what actually happened and how burden of proof works. If you want to actually convince someone you'd have to say something beyond a string of sound bites.

Oh, look, two more white guys (one of whom is a gun nut, of course) rushing to exclaim how a black kid getting shot in the streets "appearing threatening" isn't racist and sick. Not really. Because of law and stuff. Glad I live in a civilized country.

No one mentioned race....except you. No one gave a shit about the races of the people involved in this case until the media painted it as "white man kills black child", and obviously you've bought into this because thats exactly what you sound like. A mixed race jury acquitted a mixed race man of the crime, blaming it on white racism isn't just jumping the gun or judgmental(irony), it doesn't even make sense. If you are glad you live in your so called civilized country, I'm happy for you, I really am. I'll enjoy myself here in my throwback....where are my rocks.....its getting cold...

Shock and Awe:
No one gave a shit about the races of the people involved in this case until the media painted it as "white man kills black child",

Oh? You have proof that none of the police or Zimmerman himself cared anything about the races of the people involved?

waj9876:
Yeah...no, no. Fuck no.

People saying this will cause a riot like a certain other case don't know what they're talking about. And they're insulting the issue that brought about those riots. This was never about race. It might have involved it, but it was never about it. He didn't get a not guilty because the other guy was black and he wasn't, he got a not guilty because the prosecution was pathetic in their attempts to prove that he had malicious intent, and utterly failed to prove that it was anything but self defense. What with the only actual witness saying they only saw the Martin guy beating on Zimmerman.

And I love how people are outraged over this because they totally know what really happened, somehow. Any evidence, or lack of evidence, doesn't matter in the slightest, because you totally know what really happened. Somehow.

If he was found guilty, fine, I would accept that, but he wasn't. And there was literally zero real evidence against him. But you know, because the other guy was black, it had to have been because of racism. Somehow.

http://twitchy.com/2013/07/14/kill-pigs-anti-cop-vandals-in-oakland-riot-smash-windows-burn-flags-over-zimmerman-verdict-photosvideo/

Oh oakland, you use any excuse.

Actually in reality the worry comes from the fact that every time a prominent case involving a black citizen and a non black citizen gets national coverage, people tend to riot. Especially since the media absolutely made it about race, to the point they were whitening photos of zimmerman to make him 'more white'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Petersburg,_Florida_riot_of_1996 also this is still fresh in the memory of some people, I'm sure.

thaluikhain:

Shock and Awe:
No one gave a shit about the races of the people involved in this case until the media painted it as "white man kills black child",

Oh? You have proof that none of the police or Zimmerman himself cared anything about the races of the people involved?

Well, we know for a fact that Martin was a racist when he classified Zimmerman as a 'cracker'

Maybe his attack on Zimmerman was race related? There! I made it about race! :P

thaluikhain:

Shock and Awe:

Sorry, can't say I do, in either direction. But saying that any of them did is conjecture and speculation so there really isn't any point.

Also, is it me or am I noticing a certain pattern that any 'white on black' violence automatically puts the white man under suspicion of racial motivations.

This is especially silly considering he's still not white.

Bentusi16:
Also, is it me or am I noticing a certain pattern that any 'white on black' violence automatically puts the white man under suspicion of racial motivations.

It sounded like a reasonable conclusion to make in this case.

Bentusi16:

Or perceived white on black violence. Its the only time anyone considers the race, and that anyone is usually the media.

Shadowstar38:

Bentusi16:

In this case yes, but I mean like, 'every time'. Also zimmerman is STILL not white.

Bentusi16:

Shadowstar38:

Bentusi16:

In this case yes, but I mean like, 'every time'. Also zimmerman is STILL not white.

For given values of "white", he is.

But yeah, that's the problem with patterns, you end up getting random coincidences falling into them.

Shock and Awe:
No one mentioned race....except you. No one gave a shit about the races of the people involved in this case until the media painted it as "white man kills black child", and obviously you've bought into this because thats exactly what you sound like. A mixed race jury acquitted a mixed race man of the crime, blaming it on white racism isn't just jumping the gun or judgmental(irony), it doesn't even make sense. If you are glad you live in your so called civilized country, I'm happy for you, I really am. I'll enjoy myself here in my throwback....where are my rocks.....its getting cold...

Oh please, this was ALWAYS about race. Why? Because if Martin had been a white kid, he'd still be alive. Sure, Zimmerman walked because of an inept prosecutor and dysfunctional laws, but Martin was killed for being black.

Hurr, it's funny that people are trying to make this about race when everyone knows hispanics can't be racist.

Is he not White? We know that his mother is Peruvian, but that doesn't mean that she is not White. It's not like there is a shortage of White Hispanics in South America.

But just because he may not be White does not mean that Martin was not racially profiled, but seeing as we can't read minds we will never know. It is just easy to guess that Martin was profiled by Zimmerman because in the end Martin wasn't doing anything. Unless walking home in the rain with your hood up is out of the ordinary.

I think that it is possible that Martin started a fight. I think that it is possible because I have been followed before. It was just a one time occurrence. I was on my way to meet up with a friend downtown, I think the person wasn't completely together up stairs because there were people everywhere so nothing could have happened. I even met people I knew along the way, and while I greeted them this person waited until I started walking again before continuing on his way. One friend even skipped saying hello to ask me if I noticed the person behind me and asked if I would like a ride to my destination. When I met up with my ride and got into her car this man just stood on the corner and watched us drive away. I know women who have been followed at night, they all expressed uncertainty about going into their homes. They did not want to lead a potential predator to their house so they waited things out, or drove around the block until they were certain that they lost their follower.

Illegal or not following someone is creepy. Following someone is threatening. If this case had ended with a kid being followed and mugged we would not question the chain of events. And as far as we know that is what Martin assumed would happen, or worse. If Martin were female we sure as hell wouldn't question anything. So yeah, it is very possible that Martin started a fight. It is very possible that Martin did not want to lead Zimmerman to his home so he confronted him. Martin was pegged by Zimmerman for behaving suspiciously. People claim racial profiling because Martin was in fact only returning home from the store in the rain. If memory serves it was not even eight o'clock yet, so its not as if Martin was milling around at midnight. He wasn't caught breaking into someones house, or tagging someones walls, but walking home. Too many Black men have been called suspicious for just that, being in the "wrong" neighborhood. Martin noticed that Zimmerman was following him and became suspicious and later agitated. What I do not understand is how could anyone could fault Martin for that. All I know is that being followed on a busy street was enough to creep me the fuck out. I do not want to imagine being followed when I am alone, and it is dark and raining.

Zimmerman failed to see Martin as anything other than a dangerous suspect. If he had considered his humanity for one second he would have realized that following Martin would only spark an incident. No one would feel safe if they were followed.

mecegirl:
snip

And if Martin would've considered his humanity than he would use the moment when Zimmerman lost him to cover more ground and get the fuck out instead of going back and attacking him.

There is always more to a case.

Edit: this video has a lot of informations, quite interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Ax5E8EJc

thaluikhain:

Shock and Awe:

Do you have proof or even the slightest HINT that they did?

MatsVS:

Shock and Awe:

Oh please, this was ALWAYS about race. Why? Because if Martin had been a white kid, he'd still be alive. Sure, Zimmerman walked because of an inept prosecutor and dysfunctional laws, but Martin was killed for being black.

The evidence points to Z picking Martin out for suspicious behavior, not skin color. To be a bit more specific, Martin was loitering in a fashion that suggested he might have been casing out the homes in the area, several of which had been robbed recently. Also, even if that had not been the case, it would be irrelevant. At least assuming the court has not been bamboozled, Martin chose to reengage, to attack Z a fair bit after pursuit had been broken off. No matter how or why the incident began, the only individual responsible for the fight and subsequent death is Martin himself.

The media tried to paint Zimmerman as a racist already, and frankly, it backfired. His history showed the exact opposite if anything.

Heronblade:

Do you have proof or even the slightest HINT that they did?[/quote]

I didn't say that they did (though if we were talking about hints, there is something of a pattern).

But to outright say that they did not is another thing altogether.

Oh come on! How the hell does he get away with it?!
This is like that Texas case about the guy who didn't get what he wanted from a hooker and shot her, then got off the hook because it was at night.

Fucking hell...

Owyn_Merrilin:
Except Zimmerman isn't a cop. You know what the word is for a civilian who tries to do a cop's job? Vigilante.

Being an officer of the law doesn't give you privilege to not be physically assaulted. I'm not sure what makes you believe that civilians are fair game.

I would guess most people who sided with the prosecution tend to be against Stand Your Ground laws; it's bizarre that you could support either man throwing the first punch, turning a dispute into an assault.

Diablo1099:
This is like that Texas case about the guy who didn't get what he wanted from a hooker and shot her, then got off the hook because it was at night.

How is that even remotely similar to a neighborhood watch member following what he perceived to be a suspicious person, getting entangled in a fight, beaten and shooting a man who is on top of him?

Diablo1099:
Oh come on! How the hell does he get away with it?!

Fucking hell...

I've written it before: How about the woman in her basement with a gun. Her unarmed husband lies shot dead on the stairs. She tells police he was yelling he'd had enough and was marching downstairs to kill her. Disregard her position, and you put women in deadly danger of domestic abuse. Reflexively buy her side and men are open season in their own homes.

It is not as open and shut a matter as you describe.

I think it entirely reasonable that a young man felt angry and disrespected by Zimmerman.

He called him a "cracker". Add those things up, and it is believable that he started the confrontation.

Now we have to worry about civil rights and tort trials that are sure to come.

My perception is the race baiting left wants a scandal, wants to keep this going, is getting subsidized by it and is willing to use pure power (ie, add extra charges in a trial against the Defendant) to railroad a probably inocent man. That should worry us all.

AgedGrunt:

Owyn_Merrilin:
Except Zimmerman isn't a cop. You know what the word is for a civilian who tries to do a cop's job? Vigilante.

Being an officer of the law doesn't give you privilege to not be physically assaulted. I'm not sure what makes you believe that civilians are fair game.

I would guess most people who sided with the prosecution tend to be against Stand Your Ground laws; it's bizarre that you could support either man throwing the first punch, turning a dispute into an assault.

Diablo1099:

How is that even remotely similar to a neighborhood watch member following what he perceived to be a suspicious person, getting entangled in a fight, beaten and shooting a man who is on top of him?

It doesn't give you an excuse to get assaulted, no. It /does/ give you a reason and the training to do what Zimmerman was trying to do that night. Zimmerman didn't have that training or that authority, just a gut feeling that because this guy was young, black, and wearing a hoodie, he might have been related to the recent string of burglaries. If you don't think the age, clothing, or race had a part in it, I've got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

Zimmerman may not have started the fight (although since there's no witnesses to the beginning of it, all we have to go on is the word of the admitted killer). But as somebody pointed out above, he recklessly created a situation where both individuals feared for their lives, and did it knowing he was carrying a gun.

thaluikhain:

Bentusi16:

Shadowstar38:

But yeah, that's the problem with patterns, you end up getting random coincidences falling into them.

What does this even mean? Given values of "white"? I wonder if I could fall inside those values? I hope you clarify.

Batou667:
In this thread: armchair commentators who understand the law and the facts of the case more comprehensively and lucidly than the jury, prosecutors or the judge.

Why are you guys not earning $100,000+ a year as judges? Your talents are wasted here on the Escapist!

I think people here have been arguing that what zimmerman did was morally wrong rather than illegal. Conflating morality with legality is a logical fallacy after all, so zimmerman could have been completely legally justified in what happened with Trayvon Martin, but still be morally in the wrong.

Meh, I don't care either way. To me, this is this decade's equivalent of the OJ Simpson trial. (C'mon, I can't be the only one who's seen the similarities...) Plus, race is too much of an issue here, it's overshadowed everything else.

Still, I have a bad feeling the fallout from this won't be pretty...

BlackConservative:

thaluikhain:

Bentusi16:

What does this even mean? Given values of "white"? I wonder if I could fall inside those values? I hope you clarify.

Technically speaking, hispanic and latino (one goes on government forms, the other is the current accepted term) are ethnicities, not races. If you actually go into latin america, you'll notice the skin colors of people who identify as latino range from pitch black to lilly white. Some of the Spaniards managed to marry almost exclusively european stock, leaving their descendents white but still hispanic. Others intermarried with the natives, or even the descendants of African slaves. But all of these individuals are latino.

Although in Zimmerman's case it's because his mom is from South America and his dad is caucasian. So he's not white, but he is half white.

AgedGrunt:

Strangely written laws that allow for the ones who commit the crime to walk away free.
Basically, The guy called a women on Craigslist, she came over, didn't do the sexy, He cited that he was robbed and shot her in the neck with a gun.
Because of how the law is written, he was able to get away it, while if he did it during the daytime, he'd most likely be getting the death sentence.

In this case, because of the way Stand your Ground is written, a similar thing happened: A weirdly written law allowed someone to get away with murder.

Gorfias:
I've written it before: How about the woman in her basement with a gun. Her unarmed husband lies shot dead on the stairs. She tells police he was yelling he'd had enough and was marching downstairs to kill her. Disregard her position, and you put women in deadly danger of domestic abuse. Reflexively buy her side and men are open season in their own homes.

It is not as open and shut a matter as you describe.

If there had been past events of Domestic Abuse, then in that case it would.
Talk with the neighbours, their family, find out what kinda man he was.
If he was an Asshole who beat women, then it's justified.
If he wasn't, I'm certain they'd easily find out that it was a ruse and the woman could be charged.

I think it entirely reasonable that a young man felt angry and disrespected by Zimmerman.

Seeing how it seems that Zimmerman singled him out for looking like a "Thug", that's understandable.

He called him a "cracker". Add those things up, and it is believable that he started the confrontation.

Really?...That's how you know that a Teenager with Ice Tea attacked a man nearly twice his age with a gun? Because he called him a "Cracker"?

Now we have to worry about civil rights and tort trials that are sure to come.

If a man with a gun can literally get away with murder, then I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

My perception is the race baiting left wants a scandal, wants to keep this going, is getting subsidized by it and is willing to use pure power (ie, add extra charges in a trial against the Defendant) to railroad a probably inocent man. That should worry us all.

Surrrreee...It was the left wing, like every single other thing you say is bad in America.
I'm not going to argue with this point as it's the same song and dance for everything.
Abortion becoming legal? LEFT WING!
IRS tries a different filing system? LEFT WING!
A man kills a black kid and is prosecuted for it? LEFT WING!

MatsVS:

Shock and Awe:

And if Zimmerman was black no fucks would have been given. "Well ifs" are useless as they are simply speculation and conjecture. The prosecutor had almost nothing to work with as there was no case to begin with. Thats why the DA and police did not want to pursue it in the first place. The case has been about stupid people making stupid decisions, and I mean both Zimmerman and Martin.

As one commentator pointed out, the jury had access to all the available evidence. The public didn't. We have to have faith that they entered the best verdict.

I still can't help feeling that Zimmerman is nothing but a cushion cowboy who got away with a poor attempt at vigilantism-style murder, but the verdict is what it is.

Diablo1099:
-

Yes because, this case was brought upon by people screaming [b]RACISM,RACISM,RACISM!!![b], over and over again, to get a guy charge. The first guys couldn't find a damn thing to go against his story, so they didn't charge him. Well screaming racism and having a platform being one of the big media network, gave public outcry. Which led to just about every MSM besides Fox News, to edit, falsify, and lie about the evidence, in this case to keep the drama going. Well the people got what they wanted, and when that trial started, it was painfully obvious that the state was going to lose. Before the first week was even done, the Defense at that point won the case, and for the rest of the time been doing victory laps. The prosecution ending statement was a fucking plea to the emotions, sighting that they had no evidence. Hell the State changed their theory on what happen several times. Though the rest of the Media besides FOX, has been spinning this shit in favor of the Defense.

Well here it is. You wanted the trial. You got your trial, even though you did it a witch hunt, and as stated before all this went down, the state had nothing, and it showed and Zimmerman walked.

MatsVS:

madwarper:
Martin was not shot for being "threatening", it was for the beating Martin gave to Zimmerman. Martin >>>attacked<<< Zimmerman.

And in a country that doesn't wear its institutionalized racism like a badge of fucking honour, we don't actually throw the concept of reasonable force out the window just because black people are involved.

I had forgotten how the OJ trial proved the "institutional racism" against black people, thanks for reminding me.

Diablo1099:

In this case, because of the way Stand your Ground is written, a similar thing happened: A weirdly written law allowed someone to get away with murder.

Actually, the "Stand Your Ground" clause in Florida law is irrelevant here, since Zimmerman did not seek protection under it.

His defense was based around traditional self-defense law, not SYG. Had he chosen a SYG hearing, the case might never have gone to trial. His defense team likely decided against it for two reasons: First, they were confident in their case for traditional self-defense and a jury trial would appear to the best chance for exoneration; and secondly, because there was at least some chance that the judge might rule against him in a SYG hearing, and that would be something the prosecution could use in the subsequent trial.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/07/Chicago-Murders-Soar-67-Shot-11-Killed-over-July-4-Weekend-So-Far

There were 67 people shot and 11 killed over the long Independence Day weekend in Chicago. Of the 67, eight were shot, with one killed, in a single Saturday evening attack in the West Side neighborhood of Lawndale.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57592638-504083/chicago-violence-fourth-of-july-holiday-weekend-shootings-leave-10-dead-55-wounded-report-says/

The most recent shooting reportedly happened on Sunday afternoon when a 19-year-old man was shot in the back and a 22-year-old man was shot in the chest. Both victims are now in stable condition, police said.

In a separate shooting on Saturday evening, a 49-year-old man was killed from a shot to the chest and groin while seven others were reportedly injured. Among them, a 72-year-old woman was allegedly shot in the ankle and is now in stable condition.

Early on Saturday a 25-year-old man was reportedly killed and two others were injured when two people in a vehicle pulled-up and opened fire at the victims in front of a home

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57592424-504083/two-chicago-boys-ages-5-and-7-in-critical-condition-after-july-4th-shootings-police-say/

Police say a 5-year-old boy and 7-year-old boy are in critical condition after being shot during separate shooting incidents in Chicago.
The unidentified older boy was shot twice in the head around 7:30 p.m. Thursday while he was at a 4th of July family picnic with 60-70 other people at a park, according to CBS Chicago.

The station reports, two suspects approached the family and one of them opened fire then fled in a vehicle.

The grandmother of the child told the station that the family noticed the car driving by numerous times.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Source-Suspect-in-Custody-in-Shooting-of-5-Year-Old-Boy-214473711.html

A man was held without bond Sunday after being charged with the shooting of a 5-year-old boy who was injured while celebrating the Fourth of July holiday with his family Thursday, police said.
Darrell Chambers, 24, of the 11700 block of South Peoria Street, was charged Saturday with three counts of attempted first-degree murder and three counts of aggravated battery with a firearm.
Police said Chambers was "positively identified as the individual who shot a 5-year-old male."
The 5-year-old boy was shot multiple times as he sat with his family at Cooper Park, 11712 S. Ada St., in the West Pullman neighborhood.

http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/crime/ct-red-0708-chicago-homicides-20130707,0,4386271.story#WBEQ38rW0fqiVM0R.99

Chicago this weekend surpassed 200 homicides for the year, a RedEye analysis of preliminary police data found. The city logged its 200th homicide of 2013 on Saturday, RedEye determined. A 24-year-old man was shot to death in the 1000 block of West Maxwell Street on the Near West Side, according to police information. Chicago reached its 200th homicide on May 25 in 2012 and July 6 in 2011, according to RedEye data. Homicides are down 27 percent year to date versus 2012 and up 0.5 percent versus 2011. Fifteen homicides have been logged so far this month. Police recorded 49 homicides in July 2012.

Al Sharpton: Zimmerman verdict an "atrocity"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/13/al-sharpton-george-zimmerman-verdict_n_3593001.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Al Sharpton called George Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin an "atrocity."

Zimmerman was found not guilty on Saturday night. Sharpton, who served as both pundit and as an ally of Martin's family throughout the case, condemned the verdict.

"I think that this is an atrocity," he said. "It is probably one of the worst situations that I have seen."

He continued:

"What this jury has done is establish a precedent that when you are young and fit a certain profile, you can be committing no crime ... and be killed and someone can claim self-defense ... we had to march to even get a trial and even at trial, when he's exposed over and over again as a liar, he is acquitted."
Sharpton also called it "a sad day in the country" and "a slap in the face to those that believe in justice in this country."

So apparently shooting and murder is only "atrocious" in this country when it's a light-skinned (for all intents and purposes, white) person shooting a sweet, young, Skittle-loving drug-dealing illegal gun having black kid.

How does THIS not bother you people as much as the Zimmerman case? This is FUCKING disgusting. Makes me sick.

I'm just going to quote Al Sharpton on the Zimmeran Verdict a few more times, just so it sinks in.

"It is probably one of the worst situations that I have seen."

No, he's not talking about the shootings in Chicago last weekend. He's talking about the Zimmerman trial verdict. Once again, he said this:

Because a light-skinned man shot a black teen.

Not a fucking WORD about the 4th of July shootings.

Why?

Also, relevant:

madwarper:
For a start you should actually go and listen to the recording of Zimmerturds call,

You note at 2:05 he tells the operator that Mr Martin was running away and then make some notes at 2:21 where the operator asks him to clarify if he is following him, when Zimmertool admitted he was he was told not to. Several times after this the operator told him to go and wait for the police. The call ended after 4 mins, sometime after that the fight started.

Mr Martin was concerned enough to make a phone call and stated his concern during that call, he was then scared enough that he felt he needed to run. Why would he then go and find Zimmerturd when he was obviously scared of him? If he wanted to punch him up he had oppertunity to do so but instead he ran away.

This is clear evidence that Mr Martin intended to try and escape the situation

The only available evidence clearly shows the Zimmertool intended to continue pursuit and temporally lost sight of him, his frustration is pretty clear when he starts bleating "they always get away". He then deliberately and purposefully ended that line of evidence, no real evidence as to why he did that so lets speculate. He either wanted to continue pursuing and start a confrontation even though he was advised not to and did not want to the dispatcher hear him do this, or more likley he was feeling disillusioned with the operator because he felt he was not taking him seriously and frustrated with Mr Martin and his temporay escape and thought if he could re-aquire him the dispatcher might do something so he continued pursuit.

Please do not say "gimme proof", either speculate yourself or you actually provide some proof that my claims are wrong. If you can I will check it out. I will not ignore evidence if I see it, I am not stupid nor so determined to just see someone punished for the sake of it.

So two men, one with clear evidential intent to escape and the other with clear evidential intent to not allow Mr Martin the opportunity to escape. He just happens to put the phone down after being repeatedly advised to go to a location and wait for the officers, he never went to that location which further shows his intent.

One man with intent to escape, one man with intent not to let him escape. I think its fairly obvious how the two came to be in the same place again.

madwarper:
Again, simply being followed is not sufficient reason alone to start a physical fight.

Actually it can be under certain circumstances, you know like these ones. If someone feels in immediate danger and there is a credible threat someone can use proactively use appropriate force in self defense, Zimmerturd followed Mr Martin around enough to become concerned. When Mr Martin left the road Zimmertool continued to follow him which scared Mr Martin enough that he felt he had to run. Then the evidence stops but Zimmerturd has already made his intent clear, he did not go and wait for the officers and he had already repeatedly ignored advice not to follow.

Go and listen to the tape again. Zimmerturd did not stop following him it was Mr Martin temporally escaped him so because of the lack of evidence but with his intent clear Zimmerturd was the one that in all liklihood continued to look for Mr Martin.

After already trying to escape after being followed for some distance and after being hounded through poorly lit alleyways Mr Martin was probably terrified and felt that he had no other option other than to try and defend himself. He did not know Zimmertoad believed him to be a criminal, he did not know about the conversation with the emergency services. All he knew was that he had done nothing to warrant a pursuit yet a man was determinedly and doggedly hunting him down.

You have not provided any proof yourself, so have a think about that the next time you start demanding "evidence! I need evidence!" while you provide none yourself. Every time I have refereed to anything other than the documented facts I clearly make sure that is prefaced as speculation, that's another thing you might want to have a think about when you are trying to present your opinion as fact.

Mr.Mattress:
I'm very happy he didn't go to jail actually. Did Trayvon deserve to die? Of course not! But does that mean George had to go to jail? No. Really, this whole thing was a stupid mistake on both parties. Both sides felt their life threatened by each other, and they both reacted accordingly. No one is to really be blamed here.

This is part of my argument, Zimmertoad wasn't an evil racist that went out to kill a black guy like some people are claiming but he did create the situation where both men felt they needed to defend themselves. Thing is Mr Martin is dead while Zimmertool just walked out of court. Through a combination of stupidity, recklessness and frustration and against advice given by the emergency services he created that situation that cost a young man his life. He should be culpable for that, a murder charge was wrong (so was any talk of the death penalty) but he should have been charged and convicted for manslaughter. If Zimmertoad has decided against doing any of the things that he ultimately decided to do none of this would have happened, it was entirely his fault that Mr Martin died.

Apparently in Florida it only counts as 3/5ths of a murder.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked