MULTICULTURAL DEFENSE FORCE!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So, yesterday on reddit I found this.

Firstly, aside from political shit, the guy that editted it credit none of the Critical Miss crew, despite you know, not drawing the art. But there are far more problems with that little comic than the fact that the concept was stolen.

Secondly, Its racist. Like, quite racist. It misses the occasional point but my main issue (Although it does make me laugh) is that whoever created it thought the best way to counter the original comic was to be racist. Its like when you hear an MRA being sexist (Not all are, this aint about that.), you are not helping your cause.

Infact you are doing the reverse.

Dunno, the original comic was quite racist and people thought it was awesome (it was hilarious ill admit). Tit for tat and all that. I hope its just someone trying to leech off the original idea for their own benefit/hits.

Er, of course?

I'd be surprised if that was the only one of those around.

Hell, look at some of the discussions on this forum. People copy and paste something someone has said, swap the majority and the minority around without caring if it's got anything to do with the real world or the point being made, and expect people to think they are clever.

Ryotknife:
Dunno, the original comic was quite racist and people thought it was awesome (it was hilarious ill admit). Tit for tat and all that. I hope its just someone trying to leech off the original idea for their own benefit/hits.

Since when was making a specific set of racists who favor whites be white guys racist? Given that they're racists with a particular position I'd think the reason their race is mentioned should be obvious enough.

omg cite the original artist and all that. Yeah.

But aside from that, anyone who defended the original comic could use the same arguments to defend this one.

Shadowstar38:
omg cite the original artist and all that. Yeah.

But aside from that, anyone who defended the original comic could use the same arguments to defend this one.

I don't really know, the other comic does not come across as simply racist and butthurt. The "This graph proves that race mixing is beneficial" panel is rather problematic. The joke in the original was that the term friendzone is bullshit and comes across as sexist whining "Why are the womens not interested in me" whereas the joke in this one is that nobody can come up with a reason for race mixing to be beneficial.

Can you not see the difference? Those are not the same arguments.

Master of the Skies:

Ryotknife:

Since when was making a specific set of racists who favor whites be white guys racist? Given that they're racists with a particular position I'd think the reason their race is mentioned should be obvious enough.

Careful, your point is well meaning but you are opening yourself up for "AHA! YOU CANNOT BE RACIST TO WHITE GUYS THEN". The real point you should be making is that whilst the original comic was attacking a particular subset of white guys, this comic is attacking all Black people and anyone who defends interracial marriage.

Plus you get people who are trying to subvert political correctness and say "Well, you cannot hate bigots, cause that is bigoted!"

thaluikhain:
Er, of course?

I'd be surprised if that was the only one of those around.

Hell, look at some of the discussions on this forum. People copy and paste something someone has said, swap the majority and the minority around without caring if it's got anything to do with the real world or the point being made, and expect people to think they are clever.

Not as much surprised, just bringing out this particular way of doing things because its A) Stealing and B) Proving the original comic right.

When you switch around the minorities and stuff sometimes you can make a point. Like, if you reverse the genders in a situation you can end up with making people consider a different angle (Man gets jumped by woman at party: Sex dream. Women gets jumped by man at party: Rape/Sexual Assault. Not diminishing either, for the record, I think that is pretty fucked up.). But with the this particular example, they did not just switch the minorities around, they tried to make a different point and then came across as intensely racist.

Oh, and stole someone elses work. Seriously, who does that?

EDIT:
Oh, and apparently there is a White Guy Defense Force. Or at least that guy who edited the comic believes he is part of one.

Mr F.:
Not as much surprised, just bringing out this particular way of doing things because its A) Stealing and B) Proving the original comic right.

When you switch around the minorities and stuff sometimes you can make a point. Like, if you reverse the genders in a situation you can end up with making people consider a different angle (Man gets jumped by woman at party: Sex dream. Women gets jumped by man at party: Rape/Sexual Assault. Not diminishing either, for the record, I think that is pretty fucked up.). But with the this particular example, they did not just switch the minorities around, they tried to make a different point and then came across as intensely racist.

Oh certainly, switching people round like that can work, if done carefully. My problem is that certain people jump on it as an instinctive response. And it quite often proves the original point.

Do I want to know what the White Guy Defense Force does?

Mr F.:

Careful, your point is well meaning but you are opening yourself up for "AHA! YOU CANNOT BE RACIST TO WHITE GUYS THEN". The real point you should be making is that whilst the original comic was attacking a particular subset of white guys, this comic is attacking all Black people and anyone who defends interracial marriage.

err...this comic attack feminists or the "PC brigade", but it does not attack black people in the slightest (whereas the original comic singles out all white people). Unless "black men have big cocks" is an attack. If so, could white people be attacked like that? because that would be awesome.

And truth be told, this comic was far less inflammatory than the original one. The only way the original comic could be even more imflammatory was if they yelled "Yankees suck!" while flying away and then shoot the Prophet Mohammed in the head.

Mr F.:

They're just extreme examples of people who really use these arguments.

If you're offended, you're one of these people.

Learn to take a joke.

All that basic shit.

Except for the omega panel. Which may just be a fuck you to graphs.

Ryotknife:

Mr F.:

err...this comic attack feminists or the "PC brigade", but it does not attack black people in the slightest. Unless "black men have big cocks" is an attack. If so, could white people be attacked like that? because that would be awesome.

What the f...awesome to be attacked by big black slong? Or am I reading this wrong?

Shadowstar38:

Ryotknife:

Mr F.:

err...this comic attack feminists or the "PC brigade", but it does not attack black people in the slightest. Unless "black men have big cocks" is an attack. If so, could white people be attacked like that? because that would be awesome.

What the f...awesome to be attacked by big black slong? Or am I reading this wrong?

no, it would be awesome if white men would get "racially attacked" by complements, especially ones as empowering as the slongs (ie, white men have big dicks)

as for being physically attacked by black slongs. Hey, different strokes for different folks, amirite?

Ryotknife:
no, it would be awesome if white men would get "racially attacked" by complements, especially ones as empowering as the slongs (ie, white men have big dicks)

"Benign racism"? Yeah, that doesn't really work. Depicting one race as being different to another like that is never a good thing. "Black men have big dicks" isn't that much different from the sort of thinking that gives us "Black men are insatiable sex monsters that want to rape white women".

Ryotknife:

Shadowstar38:

Ryotknife:

as for being physically attacked by black slongs. Hey, different strokes for different folks, amirite?

Oh.

Ryotknife, your cock could stretch from earth to venus!

Ryotknife:

The original comic could only be considered racist if the person making that assessment had the reading comprehension skills of a 2nd grader.

OT: Yeah, there are a lot of those floating around the interwebs now. Most are complete ass, a large number are crazy bigoted, and one or two are actually kind of okay. Too bad this comic isn't one of those few amusing gems.

Ryotknife:

Mr F.:

err...this comic attack feminists or the "PC brigade", but it does not attack black people in the slightest (whereas the original comic singles out all white people). Unless "black men have big cocks" is an attack. If so, could white people be attacked like that? because that would be awesome.

And truth be told, this comic was far less inflammatory than the original one. The only way the original comic could be even more imflammatory was if they yelled "Yankees suck!" while flying away and then shoot the Prophet Mohammed in the head.

So stating there is no benefit (And by omission indicating it is a bad idea) for races to mix is not plain and simple racism?

Also, with regards to racism in the original comic: I am a white dude and I was in no way offended. None of the white dudes I know were in any way offended. The original comic was an attack on the White Guy Defense Force, the kind of people who say "Did you know that white strait men are the only minority you can attack", people who make videos like this:

Which is what the second comic is supporting by supporting the idea that race mixing should not happen. It is an attack on black people through the use of that panel. You take that panel as "Its just a joke about shitty graphs" but nope, that panel is an attack on race mixing. Derp.

Shadowstar38:

Mr F.:

They're just extreme examples of people who really use these arguments.

If you're offended, you're one of these people.

Learn to take a joke.

You know, taking a joke and criticising a joke are not mutually exclusive. Although I do not find this particularly funny. Bar the fact that everyone seems to be agreed that Fedoras are for twats.

Hell, the funniest thing about this is how they are supporting the original comic through idiocy! Relabelling the "Alpha" to "Overcompensating Beta" and thus using the very language that was being lambasted in the original, the language of PUA twats.

That is the funny thing about the edited version. The level to which a simplistic point was missed.

All that basic shit.

Except for the omega panel. Which may just be a fuck you to graphs.

thaluikhain:

Mr F.:

Oh certainly, switching people round like that can work, if done carefully. My problem is that certain people jump on it as an instinctive response. And it quite often proves the original point.

Do I want to know what the White Guy Defense Force does?

Make shitty edited comics to try and prove a point and fail epicly?

I mean, I think they are not a thing, I was just trying to point out that the guy who edited the comic falls into many of the stereotypes within the original comic. That is, racism (Perhaps it was accidental?), using those fuckoffstupid terms like "Alpha" and "Beta" (Hence relabelling the "Alpha" in the original into "Overcompensating Beta" to use it as an insult). Yeah.

He went further than just switching around the terms and full on fell off the cliff of idiocy.

thaluikhain:

Ryotknife:

"Benign racism"? Yeah, that doesn't really work. Depicting one race as being different to another like that is never a good thing. "Black men have big dicks" isn't that much different from the sort of thinking that gives us "Black men are insatiable sex monsters that want to rape white women".

Ill take benign racism over the "white people are the embodiment of all evil" typical racism. Sure I prefer if racism didn't exist at all, but hell pretty much every single other race gets some benign racism, white people get diddly squat.

Oh.

oh, you.

you know just what to say to make a girl blush.

Ryotknife:
Ill take benign racism over the "white people are the embodiment of all evil" typical racism. Sure I prefer if racism didn't exist at all, but hell pretty much every single other race gets some benign racism, white people get diddly squat.

You can't separate "benign" and "malign" racism, they are the same thing wearing slightly different hats.

TBH, I don't think I've ever seen someone complain that they aren't suffering from racism before.

Mr F.:
So stating there is no benefit (And by omission indicating it is a bad idea) for races to mix is not plain and simple racism?

Also, with regards to racism in the original comic: I am a white dude and I was in no way offended. None of the white dudes I know were in any way offended. The original comic was an attack on the White Guy Defense Force, the kind of people who say "Did you know that white strait men are the only minority you can attack", people who make videos like this:

okay....still has nothing to do with black people. And, unlike white guy defense force, you can not insinuate what race the members of the multicultural defense force are (other than perhaps red). Now, if they were called BLACK defense force, then okay this comic is an attack on black people.

unless you are saying that interracial marriages apply to black people and black people only.

thaluikhain:

Ryotknife:

You can't separate "benign" and "malign" racism, they are the same thing wearing slightly different hats.

TBH, I don't think I've ever seen someone complain that they aren't suffering from racism before.

I suppose I should point out that im being slightly sarcastic for the sake of comedy. You know this thread is going to descend into a flame war.

Ryotknife:
I suppose I should point out that im being slightly sarcastic for the sake of comedy. You know this thread is going to descend into a flame war.

Ah, ok, Poe's Law has struck again. I thought were we a bit further along.

thaluikhain:

Ryotknife:

Ah, ok, Poe's Law has struck again. I thought were we a bit further along.

no, its my fault. I actually just learned how to use color texted for this purpose, but I was lazy. Plus, half of my responses were serious, half are not, so personality wise im kinda bouncing around.

Ryotknife:

Mr F.:

okay....still has nothing to do with black people. And, unlike white guy defense force, you can not insinuate what race the members of the multicultural defense force are (other than perhaps red). Now, if they were called BLACK defense force, then okay this comic is an attack on black people.

unless you are saying that interracial marriages apply to black people and black people only.

Context is key. Within this context it is clear what the point they are making is, that interracial marriage is bad, and the usual association is "Black people marrying white people."

Although it is important to note that being against interracial marriage in of itself is racist. Hell, alarm bells would start ringing if someone used the term around me. It is not something I hear much. At all.

Aside from discussions like this when a tool brings it up (Like the tool who edited the comic.)

For the record, you can be racist without being specific.

"I hate foreigners" = Racist. Xenophobic. Fucking stupid.

Mr F.:

Ryotknife:

Mr F.:

Context is key. Within this context it is clear what the point they are making is, that interracial marriage is bad, and the usual association is "Black people marrying white people."

Although it is important to note that being against interracial marriage in of itself is racist. Hell, alarm bells would start ringing if someone used the term around me. It is not something I hear much. At all.

Aside from discussions like this when a tool brings it up (Like the tool who edited the comic.)

For the record, you can be racist without being specific.

"I hate foreigners" = Racist. Xenophobic. Fucking stupid.

okay, even if we take your assertion to be true, then "interracial marriage" involves primarily two groups, whites and blacks. If this comic is an attack on black people, then it equally attacks whites as well unless you believe that only white people are disproportionally against interracial marrage (keep in mind there are 3-4x more white people than black in the US). Which is not only false, but is also racist. Not only that, but the white community more or less doesn't bat an eye over a white and Asian marrying.

keep in mind, im being generous here because im taking your assertions as the truth.

EDIT: honestly, feminists are the only ones who should be upset over this comic as it dragged them in for no reason.

The internet is really childish, man. Bunch of fucking kids.

I strongly disapprove of the lack of credit. At minimum it is extremely impolite to not add a comment like "after [whoever]" at an appropriate point to cite the creator on which the work is directly derived from.

Shadowstar38:

Oh.

The planet or the goddess? This seems like a relevant question in this case.

How it is racist?

If you don't want to bang someone because you don't find features that are common to a particular ethnicity, that's your business.
If you don't want to bang someone because you don't find them to be your equal, due to their ethnicity, that's racist.

I'm white/native-american and I don't like white girls or Native-Americans that much.
I'd rather date someone who's Asian or Hispanic.
-Or half-white/half Asian because...gawd yes...I have know some REALLY REALLY hot chicks that were...yowza!

Does that make me a racist?
NO.
It just means my PERSONAL PREFERENCES are towards features that tend to be more common in certain racial groups.

You people with your 'white guilt' are REALLY getting annoying.

I don't get how they call themselves the 'Multicultural Defense Force'. How does this comic embrace multiculturalism in the slightest?

Jux:
I don't get how they call themselves the 'Multicultural Defense Force'. How does this comic embrace multiculturalism in the slightest?

One of the many privileges of being a white, heterosexual man is that you don't have to properly understand the things you are mocking. But woe befall those who try to mock you.

Gethsemani:

Jux:

One of the many privileges of being a white, heterosexual man is that you don't have to properly understand the things you are mocking. But woe befall those who try to mock you.

Just stop. Please just stop. I would think you would be against generalizing based on, fuck it, pick a damn term. But hey, its straight white guys. So, okay by you.

chaosord:

Gethsemani:

Jux:

Just stop. Please just stop. I would think you would be against generalizing based on, fuck it, pick a damn term. But hey, its straight white guys. So, okay by you.

Since it obviously wasn't clear enough, I was being sarcastic. Whoever "wrote" the script for that mockery of the White Guy Defense Force obviously doesn't understand the things he is trying to mock though. I was making fun of that fact by trying to imitate the straw multiculturalists/feminists in the multicultural defense force.

Poe's law I guess.

Gethsemani:

Jux:

Shit, I haven't been taking full advantage of my privilege! Someone needs to come up with a comprehensive list for me so I can fully exercise my privileges better.

How utterly unsurprising. I now officially declare this gender/race debate to have entered a day at the bizarro.

Well, I suppose we're going to see a couple more trios of fictional "defense force" characters acting like complete obnoxious idiots. When deciding whether or not they are meant to represent an entire demographic, people will follow this simple rule:

If I find it funny, anyone who's offended by it is just showing their true colors, but if I don't, then the author is obviously being an arrogant, overgeneralizing douche.

Wait wait wait wait, this is R&P? I thought I decided to steer clear of this place for a bit. How'd this thread get here?

Master of the Skies:

Ryotknife:

Because that wasn't the purpose of the comic... It was a jab at various attitudes and not just the idea of "no to black protagonists". I mean can we honestly say only white men complain about the friendzone? And that only white men act like ladiesmen? It was obvious the comic was attacking a set of ideas, a set of ideas which is held by a wide variety of people. And consequently the over-the-top emphasis on the "white guy" characteristic seemed a bit off.

Mr F.:

No it's not. Can you give me an objective advantage of race mixing? Would me going out with a black girl somehow make the world better? Allowing race mixing is positive because it allows people who want inter-racial relationships to do it and thus be happier. But the concept of "race mixing" itself isn't really beneficial. Otherwise what you're saying is that white or black or whatever people going out with people of the same race is somehow less good for society... Why? How?

Now about the comic in general. While the original work should have been credited I find it funny it managed to be of less bad taste than the original one. (Now imagine if the comic was Called "Black Race Defense Force" and all three characters were called "Black Guy ... " and you would have a comic as badly made as the original one). This comic actually did what the original should have done: emphasizing attitudes and personal traits through names instead of emphasizing way too much on a trait which says little about the attitudes being mocked: "race+gender".

A nto that great but highly discussed coming gets copied and even worse one gets made with same structure. like it happened million times before.
exceit this one actually just seems to not make any sense.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked