GamerGate Discussion, Debate, and Resources

Pages PREV 1 . . . 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 . . . 1597 NEXT

Might have been shared already, but since people were talking about Thomson earlier, thought I would share this tweet

https://twitter.com/Chriss_m/status/534825915340324865

It was first funny because I realized it was Thompson calling anita a fraud. Hilarious there. But then i realized, he was dead serious and probably right on the money. He may have been an authoritarian nutjob, but damn if he didn't at least seem sincere in his irrational fear and hatred of gaming affecting people. Anita... well, opportunist gets used a lot around her for a reason.

Not to ssy I like any position Jack is pushing, not at all, but he brings up a good point about sincerity and purpose of the same arguments.

A while ago I was thinking that Gamergate will praise anyone as a paragon of integrity and good sense so long as they say something about feminists being the root of all evil.

I specifically remember thinking, "If Jack Thompson himself were to crawl out of his hole and say something in support of Gamegate, I bet they'd suddenly welcome him with open arms".

Now I wish I'd posted that thought somewhere, because now I would be able to shout "FUCKING CALLED IT" and laugh myself sick.

Alas, an opportunity missed.

Zhukov:
A while ago I was thinking that Gamergate will praise anyone as a paragon of integrity and good sense so long as they say something about feminists being the root of all evil.

I specifically remember thinking, "If Jack Thompson himself were to crawl out of his hole and say something in support of Gamegate, I bet they'd suddenly welcome him with open arms".

Now I wish I'd posted that thought somewhere, because now I would be able to shout "FUCKING CALLED IT" and laugh myself sick.

Care to point to anyone here saying he's a paragon of integrity and good sense? Or are you just here to have a "GOTCHA" moment that isn't here? I mean, unless you're reading my own "ADOLF IS CALLING YOU A GENOCIDAL MANIAC JOEY" comment as one of those.

Zhukov:

I wish I'd asked that girl in the pep squad to the prom back in my high school days. But that's beside the point.

You may want to go back through the Twitter feed, or even start at the top of this page and work your way down. You'll find the reaction is more along the lines of 'am I seeing things?' than 'oh HELL yeah!'

Zhukov:

I have yet to see any GamerGate supporter praise Jack Thompson as a paragon of integrity and good sense or welcome him with open arms. More accurate descriptions of his reception would be either "Even a broken watch is correct twice a day." or "If that lunatic agrees with us, imagine how crazy the other side must be."

Lunar Archivist:

Zhukov:

I have yet to see any GamerGate supporter praise Jack Thompson as a paragon of integrity and good sense or welcome him with open arms. More accurate descriptions of his reception would be either "Even a broken watch is correct twice a day." or "If that lunatic agrees with us, imagine how crazy the other side must be."

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he was under the media delusion that GG thinks exactly like him. Or that he thinks if he gets enough of the internet to think he's on their side he'll somehow become relevant again.

Zhukov:

Who supports him though? That Sarkeesian Effect thing isnt GG related at all, it just happened to coincide with this whole thing blowing up i suppose. Its supposed to be a documentary about the effect that Sarkeesian and people like her have had on the industry and culture at large, i.e. what has changed since they started doing their thing.

But hey, i suppose "Violence in Videogames causes Violence in Real Life" is totally different from "Sexism in Videogames causes Sexism in Real Life". Actually..wait a second. Didn't Anita also claim at one point that videogames somehow cause domestic abuse?

You know, you might have a point if you didnt start out with the Composition Fallacy and ignored that essentially those people are working towards the same goal with the script changed a little. Jack failed. Anita gets an Award from the Industry she is lambasting for being sexist. Must've been the Patriarchy. (this is a joke, i just couldnt resist that one)

EDIT: Added Joke because it was just there.

The funny thing is, I'm willing to bet a majority of us self-identify as Feminists though we disagree with Anita et al about methods. Of course, let's not let silly things like facts get in the way of someone desperately hoping for a GOTCHA moment.

Zhukov:

I think it might be a good time to prepare yourself to be quote bombed. Godspeed.

It doesn't take much more than a bit of reading to see that not everybody here is doing that. I doubt much of GG is welcoming Mr. Thompson either. But hell, I can't speak for all of them, so whatever.

All that was posted is some crap documentary being made by a couple loonies that is absolutely associated with GG in that a number of people who associate with the tag may have donated to its creation because it was what they wanted to hear. But this clip is being presented (or interpreted) as representative of GG a month after the film was initially conceived. It hasn't been talked about for quite a while until now. Is it still relevant in any way? I wouldn't say that it is very relevant at all.

Another thing - http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect - their patreon has 406 contributors. 406. Sizable amount? Yes. Majority opinion? Absolutely not.

Mind you, I definitely think the film is a fucking terrible idea, considering it's using the whole 'social justice warrior' terminology and targeting Anita Sarkeesian...who has fucking nothing to do with journalistic integrity herself.

Zhukov:

Oh yes. Oh boy. Look at all this praise to be had./sarcasm

He may have been an authoritarian nutjob, but damn if he didn't at least seem sincere in his irrational fear and hatred of gaming affecting people

Or did I miss where saying "he was an asshole but at least he was sincere in the convictions motivating him to be one" was something akin to calling him a paragon of integrity or hell, even any sort of general praise?

No, at this point all I see are people pointing to this as even the point where Thompson wasn't as damn crazy as Anita is getting or that he is calling her a fraud and attacking her motivation for doing what she is doing.

Zhukov:

Do you even read the thread? Because if you did you'd notice that pretty much noone here like's Jack Thompson, he's an awful idiot who's failings are well documented. Nope. instead you decided to make yourself look like a tit by putting words in our mouths. Great job you did with that by the way.

But yes, seriously. Please read the posts above yours. You won't find anyone in this thread saying Jack is a good person for this. On the other hand we do have well documented evidence of prominent people against GG who have posted articles like "Jack Thompson was right".

(And before you claim we're dogpiling you. You chose to ignore several pages of posts that disprove yours in favour of a sniping 'Gotcha' attempt which seems to have understandably riled up several of my fellow posters.)

EDIT to show it's not just this thread:

Slayer4472:

Thorn14:
So Neogaf was losing its shit over the Dragon Cancer thing, blaming #GG for it and WHOOPS

https://twitter.com/ryangreen8/status/534562062002040832

I realize this is from a few hours ago, but I feel the need to seek clarification- in what manner are we responsible for that poor child's death?

Unless someone forgot to tell me, we don't have the cure for cancer, so it's not as though we could have helped.

wait, what's this about us causing cancer?

Zhukov:

a while ago I was thinking if that if some nutjob randomly did something sort of kind of maybe ish ehhhhh meh remotely minuscule if you squint at it at the right light involving maybe kinda gamergate related that gamergate would be undeniably linked to it.

I specifically remember thinking, "everything seems to be blamed on gamergate, even if not even remotely proven so, or even if any amount of reasoning involved tells the person that it is not in any way linked to gamergate."

now I wish I'd posted that thought somewhere, because now I would be able to shout "FUCKING CALLED IT" and laugh myself sick.

Zhukov:

Insane man says something semi-sane. Film at 11. I haven't watched the video, but if the response people are dropping their jaws at is to a question on what he feels about Our Lady Patron and Saint Sarkeesian not allowing discussion, then it makes sense. She isn't above criticism and the calling out of the actual wrong things in her videos... she just thinks she is and lets everyone else defend her.

Now, for someone who really does think like Thompson, allow me to introduce you to Anita's boyfriend, and producer for FemFreq, Jonathan McIntosh (obviously heavy anti-GG, pro SJW, and all around nut job):

Wow, almost the exact same thing Jack Thompson said to me after an editorial I wrote about video games and violence, like 15 years ago... I'm sorry, who, exactly is more of a Thompson-esque ideal supporter, again? BTW, scientific consensus means peer reviewed studies that get published, not 'studies I agree with and therefore that makes a consensus because, I, Jonathan 'No-Creative-Bone-In-My-Body' McIntosh, decree it.'

More, just for amusement:

There's a reason if you type just the word full into a twitter search bar, #FullMcIntosh pops up near the top.

Cadi:

No one's giving Ubisoft a free pass. I've seen plenty of people talk of already boycotting them and encouraging others to do the same.

Indeed. From what I've seen, gamers unanimously (pro- or anti- GamerGate is irrelevant) took a piss at ubisoft.

Also, most supporters of GamerGate made it pretty clear that we wanted more transparency in gaming journalism. Ubisoft being a shady and shitty developer/publisher is largely unrelated and a different issue.

Ubisoft, from what I understand, were pretty transparent and clear on their embargo policy, and it's nothing more then "you shouldn't be worried about "X", you should go after "Y" instead!"

DrWut:
Well, in any case the backpedalling here is lovely:

-You are a hate mob!
-Well, you seem to be legit but you are REALLY a hate mob!
-There are no legitimate journalistic issues, you are just a hate mob!
-Ok there are legitimate journalistic issues and you are clearly railing against them, BUT IT'S NOT WORKING.

We are making progress, people.

Glad I wasn't the only one who is noticing this too for the past few weeks.

Another shot into the narrative, we are progressive here ;)

DrWut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9MpsAftCDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LVq-MWuDaU

Nighty night, people of various opinions. Please enjoy the awesomeness that all those evil people at anonymous boards make, probably with ominous intentions.

Another musical that is somewhat relevant and surprisingly foreshadowing our current situation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7u1tWsGBk

Arag:
So, it appears twitter has expanded its search options to go back to 2006. Some people think this opens another good opportunity for sniffing out collusion.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2mpu6i/twitter_just_upgraded_search_capabilities_we_can/

...or solidifying already present claims. Look who was in clear friendly terms with a person they would write about two years later:

https://archive.today/FddAO

Clearly no need for disclosure there, they obviously barely knew each other back in fucking January.

And the fire rises once again.

I wonder what mental gymnastics gaming journalists and Nathan Grayson in particular will use to get out of this one.

Dark Intelligence:

I wonder what mental gymnastics gaming journalists and Grayson will use to get out of this one.

It's funny, isn't it? If those tweets go back that far, that is. First it was he didn't know her until August, then April, then the start of the year, then January 2012(13?), and now we've got tweets going back nearly half a decade. Which makes it exponentially funnier every time this happens that they could've just said "Yep, she's a friend, sorry, won't do it again." AND THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED. But they had to get their "Gamers are Dead" articles out on time...

Dark Intelligence:
I wonder what mental gymnastics gaming journalists and Nathan Grayson in particular will use to get out of this one.

"I totally tweet at and edit pictures for people I won't even know for two years all the time! I swear!" --Nathan Grayson
"I believe Nathan is telling the truth."-- Stephen Totilo

Zhukov:

Pretty sure every GG person has said Jack is an ass; even in this thread. I'm perplexed where you evidence is coming from. As others have said, the Sarkesian Effect is not GG; it was started before.

As to why interviewing Jack would even be a thing? I explained it earlier. There is a treasure trove of articles illustrating the media's reaction to Thompson getting death threats. Polygon even refused to pull down death threats in it's comments section when they were requested to do so by Thompson. When Thompson received credible threats in RL; the media largely ignored it, and when they did report it on it, it was often in blurbs at the end of articles where they talked about his crusade and kind of blamed him for polarizing everyone.

If they are digging that information up; and then they make Thompson look reasonable. It will paint a pretty stark contrast to the current narratives surrounding Anita. You can agree or disagree with that, it's efficacy, or equivellancy ect. But the strategy itself seems pretty apparent, it's really as subtle as a brick. However, I don't see how you can construe that with making Jack Thompson a "friend" of GG. It has nothing to do with that; many people, since this have started, have pointed to the huge difference in the media's treatment of Thompson and Anita.

TLDR: This isn't making Thompson into an ally. It's being used how two different people, who were perceived as wanting to censor Gaming, were treated differently by the media based on their ideological positions, and their connections within the industry.

Windknight:
so, The Sarkeesian Effect is featuring Jack Thompson, and considers him 'misunderstood' and totally better and not censoring like Sarkeesian is.

I'm struggling to find words about just how much this holes any credibility the documentary had at this point.

OK, so just say this upfront fuck that guy he's delusional and clearly has been for a long time. but judging based on the interview itself it sounds like their point is "even this crackpot is willing to debate his critics. why won't she?" i could be misreading it and i agree that overall, not a great way to go. but that was my take away.

EventStatus uploaded a video in which he talks about several GamerGate related points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZghgyQE8_w
The main points that I agree with is we have to be 10 steps ahead of the game, and that the e-celeb stuff is bullshit. Now as far as cleaning up our community goes we have been doing that. We just cant from a purely logistical standpoint remove every bad egg from GamerGate. We ultimately have no way of knowing when someone is going to use the hashtag or go on to /gg/ to post hate under the guise of supporting GamerGate. So we can only react to it when it does happen. And even if we did remove all of the bad eggs from GamerGate it still would not change their perspective on us. So yeah our (the GamerGate) community isn't that great, and we certainly cannot claim that there is nothing wrong with us, but we are improving.

As far as David Packman goes I will judge him based on his actions. Yes he did say that GamerGate is a not that big a deal, but we certainly should not send him any hate because of that sentiment. And we certainly should not do an "I told you so" because he received flack from anti-GG. David Packman has done one of the things we are asking people to do, which is addressing both sides of this debate fairly.

Regarding Ubisoft I had no real plans of purchasing any of their recent or upcoming games anyway so boycotting them is not that hard for me to do. Also EA is definitely rates higher on the corrupt capitalism scale, and we should not be so quick to allow them back into our good graces. However what we should do regarding EA is to give them small rewards for any positive changes that they make. We should show them that the changes are appreciated, and encourage them to keep changing until they are back in our good graces. The same can be said for the likes of Ubisoft and Capcom (admittedly to a lesser extent than EA).

Nintendo's decision to allow their IPs to be used in fan projects is a very good thing because it means that they support their fans. It also is a big step up from their previous tendency to overuse copyright claims, and I'd suggest adding them to a list of devs/publishers that are white listed from OPWindsofWinter. Perhaps have a set up where devs/publishers that are pro-consumer are put into Operation Rebuild, and devs/publishers that are anti-consumer are put into Operation Winds of Winter.

Those are the points most related to GamerGate (apart from the Sonic Boom dev team running away from the game). As a final note:
Hey Archon, Greg Tito, you should hire this guy to do a video series on The Escapist.

UncleThursday:

Dark Intelligence:

"I totally tweet at and edit pictures for people I won't even know for two years all the time! I swear!" --Nathan Grayson
"I believe Nathan is telling the truth."-- Stephen Totilo

"You should know the rules by now, it's only considered a relationship after banging has been established, slutshamer!"

Servetus:

Zhukov:

Pretty sure every GG person has said Jack is an ass; even in this thread. I'm perplexed where you evidence is coming from. As others have said, the Sarkesian Effect is not GG; it was started before.

As to why interviewing Jack would even be a thing? I explained it earlier. There is a treasure trove of articles illustrating the media's reaction to Thompson getting death threats. Polygon even refused to pull down death threats in it's comments section when they were requested to do so by Thompson. When Thompson received credible threats in RL; the media largely ignored it, and when they did report it on it, it was often in blurbs at the end of articles where they talked about his crusade and kind of blamed him for polarizing everyone.

If they are digging that information up; and then they make Thompson look reasonable. It will paint a pretty stark contrast to the current narratives surrounding Anita. You can agree or disagree with that, it's efficacy, or equivellancy ect. But the strategy itself seems pretty apparent, it's really as subtle as a brick. However, I don't see how you can construe that with making Jack Thompson a "friend" of GG. It has nothing to do with that; many people, since this have started, have pointed to the huge difference in the media's treatment of Thompson and Anita.

TLDR: This isn't making Thompson into an ally. It's being used how two different people, who were perceived as wanting to censor Gaming, were treated differently by the media based on their ideological positions, and their connections within the industry.

Very salient points RE Thompson's death threats.

Also, in response to Zhukov up there: I wonder where you were when all the GamerGate detractors were shouting about how "Thompson was right" two months ago.

https://archive.today/5vZAd

fresh intel on Gawker. Will post to the underground as well.

Now that we have something important, I am guess they will flood in here with another forum slide. I wonder why they love hateful websites so much?

Basically, go after the third party AD exchanges. The first party ones all but abandoned gaming media.

Well, I wake up, worried I may find a peaceful morning and not be able to get into gear. And I see that apparently aGGros have decided to lie to people's faces about their love for Thompson after two pages dedicated to saying how Thompson is an idiot.

Same as with the dragon cancer thing. Same as with the false-flaggin on 8chan.

None of these people stops to think for a second that maybe, just maybe, if they have to make shit up to slander people they are on the wrong side?

Look at your caps, they have skulls in them.

Relevant tips: http://i.imgur.com/x8NQ5gs.png

Ultratwinkie:

Now that we have something important, I am guess they will flood in here with another forum slide. I wonder why they love hateful websites so much?

Basically, go after the third party AD exchanges. The first party ones all but abandoned gaming media.

Two proposals already on Ad Services to email:

https://archive.today/6Uy3B

Ultratwinkie:

Ahhhh, meant to post it earlier but I ended up posting this instead:

vallorn:
This is VERY interesting. It looks like an Anti GamerGate subreddit /r/GamerGate has been manipulating google search results using Notfollow links to KIA to push them out of the relevant rankings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2mnwvi/how_another_sub_maliciously_stole_kias_gamergate/

Make sure to post full KIA links if you reference them and include keywords like #NotYourShield, GamerGate or GG with it. It's the only way to fix this since the admins shut down /r/GamerGate when it was pro, only to allow it to come back posting KIA headlines with furry porn linked instead. It may surprise noone that a certain LW is a mod on it now that it's wholly owned by aggros.

Don't let people play the search rankings to slander us.

Both very interesting and very useful to remember going forwards. If you mention something from KIA make sure to link it properly here to prevent the troll forum from scooping up google hits.

And yeah, looks like it's time to start poking the add networks like the one Gamasutra used to claim they had Intel back. As the article itself said, having more than one is often a terms use use breech so informing the ad exchanges that Gawker are essentially cheating on them might be a good way to get some initial blows in before we start the full nodding.

Also here's an idea to prevent forum slides. If you posted something useful that they try to slide. Make sure to consistently link the post at the bottom of every one of your posts in a similar manner to other forum's signatures. It means they won't be able to hide it no matter how hard they try.

http://imgur.com/a/ZBGq9

Be careful, ladies and gentlemen, people doing your job for you is now harassment.

If being sent videos and images you don't want to see is harassment grandmothers all over the world should be banned from Facebook.

Captcha: Fruit salad. It's winter, Skynet.

DrWut:
Well, I wake up, worried I may find a peaceful morning and not be able to get into gear. And I see that apparently aGGros have decided to lie to people's faces about their love for Thompson after two pages dedicated to saying how Thompson is an idiot.

Same as with the dragon cancer thing. Same as with the false-flaggin on 8chan.

None of these people stops to think for a second that maybe, just maybe, if they have to make shit up to slander people they are on the wrong side?

Look at your caps, they have skulls in them.

Relevant tips: http://i.imgur.com/x8NQ5gs.png

Exactly. These people do all the mental gymnastics they need to say the house isn't burning and isn't full of frothy shit.

Check it:

The "SJWs" are actually bigots who pretend to care so they can seem transcendental. The amount of backhanded racist crap I have heard from those who claim to be racially sensitive is staggering. The audience believes them because they are white.

Hell, I didn't even recommend Event Status to be on the Escapist because multiple Escapists found a black man talking about race "scary." Either that, or they said he was a bad person for being angry at racism.

Right, totally not offensive statements. Totally not discounting very real experiences from someone who is actually being discriminated against. /s

The people who follow these "critics" take the bigotry to heart, and now we have people saying there are no blacks in America because they were all raped by whites in the slavery days. So now they aren't "true" blacks. What the fuck is this shit?

AAA is shit, and take up ALL the good devs.

The indies are not only pretentious but incompetent, delusional, and toxic.

The journalists are so far in their trilbies we need a magician to get them out.

The entire concept of "video game criticism" revolves around revisionist bullshit and a kindergarten interpretation of the subject matter. Often by people who aren't even tangentially related to it.

How the hell can a white man from New York, San fran, and Europe lecture me on my own culture? On my own history? In video games, this shit somehow flies. Somehow a white man knows more about nonwhites than nonwhites themselves.

The entire industry is fucked, and yet these people are so adamant that its "ok"

Its not ok.

They go on and on about how they want diversity, but toss shit at any nonwhite. It becomes obvious the only diversity they want is more white women for white male gamers so the white guilt goes away. If they do make a nonwhite character, we get a backhanded racist stereotype from the very same people who claim to be sensitive to diversity.

"we want diversity." My. Ass.

Nice to know offensiveness only matters if it happens to them.

and the lemon grove wonder why I wasn't listening to them or cared about what they had to say. After 3 months of their friends saying all this, I see through their thinly veiled "diversity" defense.

People who want diversity don't run black men out of the industry.

DrWut:
If being sent videos and images you don't want to see is harassment grandmothers all over the world should be banned from Facebook.

We should add that wholly reasonable in my opinion point to the list of GamerGate demands.

------------

In unrelated news, Steve Tom Sawyer (@RevueMage) got evicted following the assault on him (how that works, I'll never understand ...), is staying at a friend's place and looking for a new place to live in LA:

https://twitter.com/RevueMage/status/534595194079805440

So I lost that battle. Got evicted after being assaulted. Staying with a friend for tonight. This has been the worst weekend of my life.

https://twitter.com/RevueMage/status/534816388477497344

I'm still without a permanent home. I'm staying with a friend for a day or two. But yeah... Ewok and I ARE safe for the time being.

https://twitter.com/RevueMage/status/534836278853128192

You're not taking me in for free FYI. I can afford to rent a room. PLEASE Los Angeles. I need help.

https://twitter.com/RevueMage/status/534887071857401856

My birthday is next Wednesday. Yanno what would be a sweet present? A fucking place to live lol.

Too bad LA is on the other side of the planet for me, but if any of you can help, please do.

Ultratwinkie:

DrWut:
FnargelSnurp

...Something something dark side snöörp...

They go on and on about how they want diversity, but toss shit at any nonwhite. It becomes obvious the only diversity they want is more white women for white male gamers so the white guilt goes away. If they do make a nonwhite character, we get a backhanded racist stereotype from the very same people who claim to be sensitive to diversity.

...Something something rectal snööörp...

I think you are confusing "diversity" with 'diversity'.

On one hand, we have "diversity" which is the SJW term. It means "people who are acceptably similar in reasoning and thinking to me while looking different". Essentially, it's either a non-white version of an SJW, or it is a non-white that an SJW can point to when making edicts to the benefit of "minorities". In the second case, it's important that the non-white never speaks for himself/herself, as such actions might diverge from the opinion that has been assigned him/her.

As for the real definition of 'diversity', it means non-homogenous yet harmonious. It does not refer to skin color any more than it refers to brain color. 'Diversity' as employed by governments and states (and trickling down through media to everyone) refers to the cauldron of mixing people from different 'cultural' backgrounds. That is;

--people WHO THINK DIFFERENTLY.--

An italian dude and an american dude put together is 'diverse', even though both are white. Two americans, one black and one white, is not particularly 'diverse' (the only difference is skin tone), but if they think exactly the same way and suffer a stroke when someone wears a shirt with women on it they qualify as "diverse". If they are not morally outraged they are not "diverse" but "muhsoggyknees" and worse than 1000 Hitlers.

In short, SJWs are opposed to 'diversity' because it promotes the acceptance of different viewpoints and ideologies, where as the SJW ideology cannot allow for the existence of any other "acceptable" moral stance.
Sort of like Christianity, where the first rule is that no other religion can be allowed. This, as you can see, is not conducive to a multi-cultural, or 'diverse', community.

DrWut:
http://imgur.com/a/ZBGq9

Be careful, ladies and gentlemen, people doing your job for you is now harassment.

Captcha: Fruit salad. It's winter, Skynet.

The words "harassment" "misogyny" and "feminist" have essentially lost all meaning for me now.

Someone trying to cause distress, or just asking a question?
Someone that hates all women, or someone that doesn't agree with something a woman said?
Someone for equal rights, or a proud misandrist?

These labels no longer hold any meaningful value.

Exley97:
Guys. GUYS. Reality check. This is crazy. This is Jack fucking Thompson. I'm not sure how many folks here really remember him, but I wrote about/covered him extensively as a games journalist. You're favoring a guy that literally tries to take your games away over a woman that criticizes games in YouTube videos. Don't do this.

Dude, you do realise you're an ex-games journalist (allegedly) telling us - a group of people that have been lied about for the last 3 months or more by the games media - to believe what you say about JT now and what the games media said about him back then, over what he himself is saying now.

Yeah, no.

No one is favouring him. For the last three months, we've all thought he'd be on board with FF's stance on games (particularly Jonathan McIntosh's ideas about violent games), yet here we are, after wondering for three months, seeing JT say he thinks AS is a fraud.

Cadi:

Dude, you do realise you're an ex-games journalist (allegedly) telling us - a group of people that have been lied about for the last 3 months or more by the games media - to believe what you say about JT now and what the games media said about him back then, over what he himself is saying now.

Yeah, no.

No one is favouring him. For the last three months, we've all thought he'd be on board with FF's stance on games (particularly Jonathan McIntosh's ideas about violent games), yet here we are, after wondering for three months, seeing JT say he thinks AS is a fraud.

I have a very limited understanding of what is going on but is it possible this video is deliberately trying to scupper you all?

Tomanil:

GG by my eye has always kept Aurini and the Sarkeesian Effect at arms length. A few supporters here and there but by and large ignored. It's hard to ignore this however. It makes me feel happy that people in GG are still refusing to listen to him, even if he did tell us what we wanted to hear. He's still loony.

Except when Aurini claimed Sarkeesian had faked the death threats that had driven her from her house, and had never called the police about them. Then his video was accepted as cast iron PROOF she had LIED. And for a while after it had been demonstrated that she had reported the threats and they were being investigated by the FBI his video was still used as PROOF she was LYING.

Cadi:

Considering Thompson himself is basically a confirmed fraud, I'm not sure what to think of this. On the one hand, he's an expert on fraud, on the other hand, that kind of disqualifies the bulk of his opinions.

Akjosch:
In unrelated news, Steve Tom Sawyer (@RevueMage) got evicted following the assault on him (how that works, I'll never understand ...), is staying at a friend's place and looking for a new place to live in LA:

https://twitter.com/RevueMage/status/534595194079805440

So I lost that battle. Got evicted after being assaulted. Staying with a friend for tonight. This has been the worst weekend of my life.

How the hell is this stupid system working?

Ultratwinkie:

Can't be quoted/reposted enough.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 . . . 1597 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked