What is your present favorability rating of Donald Trump's executive actions?
Absolutely Favor
7.3% (10)
7.3% (10)
Mostly Favor
8.8% (12)
8.8% (12)
Barely Favor
1.5% (2)
1.5% (2)
Neutral
2.9% (4)
2.9% (4)
Barely Disfavor
1.5% (2)
1.5% (2)
Mostly Disfavor
19.7% (27)
19.7% (27)
Absolutely Disfavor
57.7% (79)
57.7% (79)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Donald Trump Executive Actions General

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Epyc Wynn:

Trump has ordered his new administration to publish a weekly list of the crimes committed by immigrants.

This was a tactic used by Nazi Germany to prove Jews are predisposed to crime, only it is being applied to immigrants.

Donald Trump is proving to be quite the racist ruler that is for sure.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-publish-weekly-list-crimes-immigrants-commit-refugees-aliens-executive-order-us-a7546826.html

"The list will also include details of so-called 'sanctuary cities' that refuse to hand over immigrant residents for deportation."

Get this man out of office jeez. This is information-based warfare, where he builds up a list, connects it with 'immigrants', and then the race associated with those immigrants is hated. Trump is no longer acting in a manner that can be compared with Nazism but instead is from Nazism and was used as a means to promote hate for the Jews. This is cartoonishly evil!

Ok, there are two things I do not want to fucking hear anymore. I don't want to hear that Trump isn't riding off of racism, and I don't want to hear that Hitler comparisons aren't relevant. I don't want to fucking hear it.

Epyc Wynn:
Snippidy

Thank you for explaining all that to me :) Forgive my phrasing, it wasn't meant as praise that he is moving so quick, it was moreso it's unnerving how quick he is going. I agree with you that if he continues at this rate, yeah I, too will have to call him a dictator, because it's just becoming a mile a minute. I worry about America's future if it continues, as America has such a close relationship with the UK.

Epyc Wynn:

Trump has ordered his new administration to publish a weekly list of the crimes committed by immigrants.

This was a tactic used by Nazi Germany to prove Jews are predisposed to crime, only it is being applied to immigrants.

Donald Trump is proving to be quite the racist ruler that is for sure.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-publish-weekly-list-crimes-immigrants-commit-refugees-aliens-executive-order-us-a7546826.html

"The list will also include details of so-called 'sanctuary cities' that refuse to hand over immigrant residents for deportation."

Get this man out of office jeez. This is information-based warfare, where he builds up a list, connects it with 'immigrants', and then the race associated with those immigrants is hated. Trump is no longer acting in a manner that can be compared with Nazism but instead is from Nazism and was used as a means to promote hate for the Jews. This is cartoonishly evil!

Should also be emphasized that this list does not appear to even restrict the scope of this list to those who have immigrated to the country illegally (because there's going to be that inevitable 'BUT THEY'RE ALL ILLEGALS, WHO CARES?!' retort from certain camps.) In its current wording, it could be used for any immigrant, even if they're legal. Article also points out the far more recent precedent, (and probably indicative of just who whispered the idea in Trump's ear) is Breitbart's Black Crime listings. Of course, given that means we're talking about Steve Bannon, a direct connection to Hitler's own tactics becomes if anything even more plausible. =P

Jesus, it hasn't even been a week yet and things are already getting worse than even my pessimistic ass expected. o_O Trump is moving QUICKLY.

Padwolf:

Epyc Wynn:
Snippidy

Thank you for explaining all that to me :) Forgive my phrasing, it wasn't meant as praise that he is moving so quick, it was moreso it's unnerving how quick he is going. I agree with you that if he continues at this rate, yeah I, too will have to call him a dictator, because it's just becoming a mile a minute. I worry about America's future if it continues, as America has such a close relationship with the UK.

I am fully aware you are not praising him forgive me if I made it sound as if I judged as much. As for the rest of what you have said, your perception is my own.

Personally I worry most about our relationship with Russia, as America has too much of a close relationship with Russia given the circumstances of what they have done to our election.

Zontar:
Because the US is a vey strange country where many many people don't have a proper way to prove their identity...Just another case of American exceptionalism. All the other first world countries don't require a proof of identity which is not available without more than minimal effort.

They don't in the UK either. It's the only EU country to not bother with national ID cards, and whilst you can expect most people to have a passport or driving licence, a lot of people just have to make do with birth certificates.

Epyc Wynn:

Nielas:

Epyc Wynn:

Ah.

I had not thought about that.

First he will need a foundation of tax payer money.

Let's see if he can build that foundation first.

The newest proposal is to impose a tariff of 20% on all goods imported from Mexico.

Oh wow economic warfare totally fucking called that. Wonder how big the current tariff is.

Well, it's back to being "just an idea" now after a number of Republican Congressmen blew a gasket over it. People also pointed out that it is essentially a tax on American companies importing from Mexico rather than a tax on Mexico itself.

What was the logic behind saying that Mexico would love to pay for a massive fuck off wall around their country? Was there a perception it was something Mexico wanted as well; if so, what was meant to be in it for them?

Or was this part of the myth of The Cloven One being such an amazing deal maker that he could convince someone to pay for something they don't actually want by working his magic business deal-making voodoo on them?

18.9% of the people who polled said they mostly or absolutely favor Donald Trump's executive actions. It is odd I am not hearing any of their perspective.

Iran will ban Americans from entering the country in response to Trump's insulting order restricting arrivals from Iran and six other Muslim countries

Where were you when Iran gained the moral high grounds?

Here are some other notable results of Donald Trump's Muslim ban.

Donald Trump Muslim ban will keep Oscar-nominated director Asghar Farhadi from 2017 ceremony

Hours after Trump signs Muslim ban, Texas mosque goes up in flames

Jewish refugees in the hundreds of thousands were turned away from immigrating to the USA when fleeing the Holocaust by using the law Trump signed only now the scapegoat is Muslims.

Why, why support a man promoting fear and hate towards Muslims? This racism has gone too far. First publishing weekly lists of criminal activities by immigrants, now blocking Muslims from entry? The blatant racism and hate of Islam is on display for all to see.

Feel it. Feel that shock value. Feel it and revel in it. That is what you, supporters of Donald Trump, wanted right? In the process of fighting elitism, there has been an even worse elite created against Muslims and the EPA. Hillary Clinton wasn't great but she wasn't fucking evil. You at least knew she wasn't going to start targeting a race or religion.

You all say whatever you want to. The laws of the United States no longer matter now that institutionalized racism and hate of a religion is in place. Block the immigrants, block out the whole world, become the failed hermit country of World War I. When all the isolation is over, the biggest enemy in the world may be the United States. The majority vote was ignored with a margin of 3 million votes ignored and now Trump is in power because people became fearful and hateful of an "other".

When the laws of the United States are remolded in the image of Donald Trump, the right wing establishment will simply watch, the left wing establishment will fight it, and eventually it will be too late to stop him. Welcome to Hell.

Remember which party supported Donald Trump and remember which foreign country supported Donald Trump, when things go to Hell.

I'm happy about the pipeline. I think everything else is fairly in line with the despicable creature I believed him to be.

Kwak:
What was the logic behind saying that Mexico would love to pay for a massive fuck off wall around their country? Was there a perception it was something Mexico wanted as well; if so, what was meant to be in it for them?

Or was this part of the myth of The Cloven One being such an amazing deal maker that he could convince someone to pay for something they don't actually want by working his magic business deal-making voodoo on them?

The plan is a 20% tarif, set up by people who don't actually know who gets charged for tariffs.

Real brain-trust we're working with here.

RedDeadFred:
I'm happy about the pipeline. I think everything else is fairly in line with the despicable creature I believed him to be.

With the pipeline, it is next to an acquifier, so if it broke, it would be a deadly catastrophe for the community who drinks that water.

They could have built the pipeline very easily in a slightly different location for the same price, so it was an unnecessary problem they insisted on causing.

I got to Reddit for some entertainment and I have to see this at the top of the front page:

"Canada will welcome you," Trudeau invites refugees as Trump bans them

Great, Donald Trump has managed to make America look bad again. I guess that's what I get for getting my entertainment from Reddit but the truth of things still annoys me.

Every day United States citizens such as my self have to read this shit and go "wow, that country sure seems better than ours..."

All aboard the Canada train. I expect the refugees will be more than just Muslims if this country continues becoming worse at the pace it is going at thanks to Donald Trump.

Epyc Wynn:

With the pipeline, it is next to an acquifier, so if it broke, it would be a deadly catastrophe for the community who drinks that water.

They could have built the pipeline very easily in a slightly different location for the same price, so it was an unnecessary problem they insisted on causing.

You at least have a free and effective EPA thst can actively monitor and inform the public of potential environmental contamination.

Epyc Wynn:

RedDeadFred:

Well, they were originally, but then the white people living nearby complained about how bad it would be if it leaked.

So they moved it away from the white folks.

Epyc Wynn:

altnameJag:
Well, they were originally, but then the white people living nearby complained about how bad it would be if it leaked.

So they moved it away from the white folks.

There's a Snopes for that. Unless someone's got some sources or a map with some of these other routes, I'm going to stick with the people who fact-check for a living.

Addendum_Forthcoming:

Epyc Wynn:

You at least have a free and effective EPA thst can actively monitor and inform the public of potential environmental contamination.

Is what I would say if Donald Trump had not shut down the EPA.

So, more fun news on the EO fun-train:
Steve Bannon, White House Chief Strategist, has been given a permanent position on the National Security Council's principle committee. Steve Bannon, notably, does not have any form of security clearance.

Also, the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff lost their spots, and will only be joining when specifically requested.

I certainly feel safer [/sarcasm]

Addendum_Forthcoming:

Epyc Wynn:

Too soon man, too soon.

OH SHI- "Federal court halts Trump's immigration ban"

Federal Judge Ann M. Donnelly issued the first stay of an executive order by President Donald Trump and "put a hold on portions of President Donald Trump's executive order banning travel for tens of millions of people from seven Muslim-majority countries. The temporary halt prevents the deportation of those affected by Trump's executive order who are in transit, hold visas, or who have already landed at airports in the United States."

Daily Dot: Federal court halts Trump's immigration ban

Specifically the Federal Judge ruled in favor of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and that caused this issuance.

Please go to 3 minutes 7 seconds in this interview from today in which former New York city mayor admits in interview "when he [donald trump] first announced it he said Muslim ban. He called me up he said "put a commission together, show me the right way to do it legally." I put a commission together with Judge Mukasey, with Congressman McCaul, Pete King, whole group of other very expert lawyers on this.

And what we did was we focused on instead of religion, danger. The ar- areas of the world that create danger for us."

This evidence would be damning enough to definitely get Donald Trump subpoenaed and likely impeached. But maybe people will wait -after all every action this man takes seems to serve as evidence for why he should be impeached at this point. On the other hand if people keep acting so lethargically then Donald Trump may gain too much influential power to be taken down by any law in this land.

Edit: Here is a Reddit megathread link for learning and further discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5qrh93/megathread_federal_court_overturns_president/.

altnameJag:
So, more fun news on the EO fun-train:
Steve Bannon, White House Chief Strategist, has been given a permanent position on the National Security Council's principle committee. Steve Bannon, notably, does not have any form of security clearance.

Also, the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff lost their spots, and will only be joining when specifically requested.

I certainly feel safer [/sarcasm]

I'm going to hazard a guess at the conversation that went between Trump, the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for that to come about.

"But, Mr. President," they'd have said earnestly, "I know you want your occasional intelligence briefing condensed to a single page of bullet points, but we can't condense it that far without leaving out critical context and inform-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm too smart for paragraphs," Trump would have interjected, before calling across the Oval Office; "BANNON!"

Bannon would have poked his head through the doorway. "Yessir?"

"Think you can condense the reports to a single page of bullet points?"

"'The Muslims will destroy us all, black neighborhoods are in ruin, all opposition is fake news, and China needs to be stopped?'"

"Oooo, one bullet point, that's catchy. You can take over for these two idiots.!"

On another note, a new executive order signed by Donald Trump has finally revealed what his plan was to combat ISIS. That plan is...

...um, to come up with a plan, with the Secretary of Defense instructed to give the President a preliminary draft of this new plan within the next thirty days.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/01/28/plan-defeat-islamic-state-iraq

At least that's what it looks like. So. Looking forward to that!

SeventhSigil:
On another note, a new executive order signed by Donald Trump has finally revealed what his plan was to combat ISIS. That plan is...

...um, to come up with a plan, with the Secretary of Defense instructed to give the President a preliminary draft of this new plan within the next thirty days.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/01/28/plan-defeat-islamic-state-iraq

At least that's what it looks like. So. Looking forward to that!

He has the best plans, we'll see. They'll be great. I mean, he can't tell us what they are in case ISIS is listening, but he has one, you'll see.

Fucking hell. At least it isn't his campaign promise of going after suspected terrorists' home and families. Yet.

Going to guess that Trump's wishing he could aim nukes at CNN by now.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban/

The fact that Bannon's name is coming up again is more than a little concerning; there was kind of this expectation that Trump would just slack off and hand the reins to Pence, but at this point Bannon is looking like a potential candidate for the 'hands on' work.

SeventhSigil:

The fact that Bannon's name is coming up again is more than a little concerning; there was kind of this expectation that Trump would just slack off and hand the reins to Pence, but at this point Bannon is looking like a potential candidate for the 'hands on' work.

The outcry against Bannon - as well as a need to placate the Republican legislature - probably cost him the chief of staff position, but he's clearly still got his dick firmly lodged in the White House's rear. I'd be shocked that he's still allowed on the premises considering his resume, but, well...Trump, amirite?

Trump is not really the danger here. Trump is easily manipulated by nudging his Freudian insecurities. The real danger will come from the people lurking behind the gilded curtains.

SeventhSigil:

Please don't post fake news links

I keep having to type out tl;drs so I'm going to just real simply list out the latest news from a solid variety of well-known news sources in alphabetical order.

What's in the news because of Donald Trump's executive actions today?

Breitbart News: DHS Vows to Enforce Donald Trump's Executive Order

Independent: Actor Kal Penn raises $160k in few hours for Syrian refugees after being told he 'doesn't belong in America'

Independent: Petition calling on UK to cancel Trump state visit reaches 100,000 signature in less than 5 hours.

Politico: Trump: New York Times is 'fake news'

PoliticusUSA: University Of Michigan Defies Trump By Refusing To Release Immigration Status Of Students

Reuters: Trump immigration order restricted by more U.S. judges

(Recommended Read) Reuters: Global backlash grows against Trump's immigration order

Salon: Donald Trump admitted he met Vladimir Putin in 2015 interview, despite recently saying he hadn't

TalkingPointsMemo: Gallup: Trump Net Approval Rating Drops 8 Points In First Week In Office

The Washington Post: Twelve Nobel laureates, thousands of academics sign protest of Trump immigration order

The Washington Post: Keith Ellison, first Muslim congressman [of the United States], calls for 'mass rallies' to stop Trump orders

You know, these kinds of damning lists of negative news are normally taken out of context in order to appear this bad. So if you believe that is a case (it is not), I invite you to do your own searching online for recent news on Donald Trump, and tell me all the wonderful things you immediately find.

ionveau:

SeventhSigil:

Please don't post fake news links

I can never tell if people are joking anymore. o.o

bastardofmelbourne:

SeventhSigil:

The outcry against Bannon - as well as a need to placate the Republican legislature - probably cost him the chief of staff position, but he's clearly still got his dick firmly lodged in the White House's rear. I'd be shocked that he's still allowed on the premises considering his resume, but, well...Trump, amirite?

Trump is not really the danger here. Trump is easily manipulated by nudging his Freudian insecurities. The real danger will come from the people lurking behind the gilded curtains.

Eh, I think Trump can still provide a certain level of danger, if only because of those very insecurities, mingled with what looks to be a certain degree of emotional instability. This is a guy who adored the campaign trail's cheering crowd and echo chamber of agreeable supporters, and yet now finds himself under fire from all directions, both domestically and internationally. Even his Muslim ban is being chipped away, here and there, with a Federal judge restricting the Federal government's ability to deport those it has detained, the University of Michigan making it clear they will not share the immigration information of their students, and class-action lawsuits to boot. All of which can be perceived as opposition to, and a challenge of, Trump's presidential powers.

Contrary to what Trump has insisted in the past, his temperament is NOT one of his good qualities. Ultimately I think that piqued pride will make it easier for people like Bannon to push certain agendas, if those agendas target groups or people Trump feels defy him, but at the same time Trump could end up with his very own 'shitlist.'

So, apparently all the hoop-la caused someone to file a petition on the UK Parliament website to deny Donald Trump a State Visit for the duration of his presidency. This doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to enter the UK as head of the United States, it just means he presumably wouldn't get the whole 'meeting the Queen, etc, etc' visit. If someone more familiar with the UK's specifics, or State Visits, can fill in the blanks, be much appreciated. ^^ Anyway, I believe that the petition was made within the last twenty-four hours; at ten thousand signatures, the government has to respond to it. At a hundred thousand, it has to debate the matter in Parliament. Current signature count is...

Six hundred and thirty thousand! At least from the time I'm posting this, it's still rising at a fair clip.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

Personally I doubt anything would ultimately come of it; while it will end up debated in Parliament, I doubt the UK wants to put themselves in the position of denying Trump a State Visit. But if nothing else, nice to see so many people leaping on board. =P

SeventhSigil:
So, apparently all the hoop-la caused someone to file a petition on the UK Parliament website to deny Donald Trump a State Visit for the duration of his presidency. This doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to enter the UK as head of the United States, it just means he presumably wouldn't get the whole 'meeting the Queen, etc, etc' visit. If someone more familiar with the UK's specifics, or State Visits, can fill in the blanks, be much appreciated. ^^ Anyway, I believe that the petition was made within the last twenty-four hours; at ten thousand signatures, the government has to respond to it. At a hundred thousand, it has to debate the matter in Parliament. Current signature count is...

Six hundred and thirty thousand! At least from the time I'm posting this, it's still rising at a fair clip.

Personally I doubt anything would ultimately come of it; while it will end up debated in Parliament, I doubt the UK wants to put themselves in the position of denying Trump a State Visit. But if nothing else, nice to see so many people leaping on board. =P

First of all, online petitions generally account for both fuck-all and nothing help-wise and second of all there are sites specifically for creating throwaway e-mail addresses, so that automatically puts the actual number into question.

Cap'nPipsqueak:

SeventhSigil:

First of all, online petitions generally account for both fuck-all and nothing help-wise and second of all there are sites specifically for creating throwaway e-mail addresses, so that automatically puts the actual number into question.

Well, first of all, that would probably explain why I said 'I doubt anything would ultimately come of it.' The only thing this particular petition guarantees is that Parliament has to debate the matter, but there's nothing to prevent them from ultimately carrying on as they're carrying on once they've gotten that out of the way. =P Ultimately the likelihood of them actually acting upon the petition is quite low.

And second, it's inevitable that there would be some level of number inflation, but the same can be said of every other petition on the Parliament site, none of which are even close to these figures. At this point, either more people are set against Trump than any of the issues listed, or the people that are set against him are WAY more motivated. =P It's probably a combination of the two, really, with margins that massive.

SeventhSigil:

Cap'nPipsqueak:

SeventhSigil:

Well, first of all, that would probably explain why I said 'I doubt anything would ultimately come of it.' The only thing this particular petition guarantees is that Parliament has to debate the matter, but there's nothing to prevent them from ultimately carrying on as they're carrying on once they've gotten that out of the way. =P Ultimately the likelihood of them actually acting upon the petition is quite low.

And second, it's inevitable that there would be some level of number inflation, but the same can be said of every other petition on the Parliament site, none of which are even close to these figures. At this point, either more people are set against Trump than any of the issues listed, or the people that are set against him are WAY more motivated. =P It's probably a combination of the two, really, with margins that massive.

They always reply however over 10 000. I have seen many a petition up on that site go through the motions, and can easily imagine those numbers reflect public perception as a fairly popular one hovers around 300 to 400 000. They will have to reply at least to this one, and I am curious on how they choose to word it.

Xsjadoblayde:

They always reply however over 10 000. I have seen many a petition up on that site go through the motions, and can easily imagine those numbers reflect public perception as a fairly popular one hovers around 300 to 400 000. They will have to reply at least to this one, and I am curious on how they choose to word it.

It's going to be an interesting tightrope to watch, as the 100k+ signatures means they're actually obligated to address it in Parliament, and judging from some of the others that reached the 100k requirement, they upload video footage of the proceedings to show the public 'Hey! Look! We Talked About The Thing You Wanted Us To Talk About!'

Edit: Oooooo, nevermind, I took a closer look and it says 'consider for a debate.' Not obligated. Boyo, that'd be a rather large elephant in the room to ignore, though. o_o

So even though they're almost definitely going to turn down the petition's request, they may end up trying to show the public they're deliberating the issue beforehand. How they'd do this thoroughly enough to satisfy the public to any extent without also ticking Trump off, ("The UK said some very untrue things, very harsh things, fake news has infiltrated their government. Sad!") it would be an interesting video to watch.

SeventhSigil:

So even though they're almost definitely going to turn down the petition's request, they may end up trying to show the public they're deliberating the issue beforehand. How they'd do this thoroughly enough to satisfy the public to any extent without also ticking Trump off, ("The UK said some very untrue things, very harsh things, fake news has infiltrated their government. Sad!") it would be an interesting video to watch.

Yeah, they don't make any obligation to popular petitions other than replying at least to extensively excuse themselves of each one. Not certain if it was always worded that way though, may have to find out more on that one.
Ah, but you see, the untrustworthy media are just ignoring all of his redeeming qualities, remember? Whatever they may be. He's hiding them pretty well, but I'm sure if we keep looking...

President Trump hits majority disapproval in record time, Gallup finds

At least every president after Donald Trump will look better by comparison. Unless our democracy falls to Trumpist Fascism in which case this is the first in a long line of horrible people.

So 51% disapproval from United States citizens in 8 days; at least America will have a booming new salt industry thanks to him.

Epyc Wynn:
President Trump hits majority disapproval in record time, Gallup finds

At least every president after Donald Trump will look better by comparison. Unless our democracy falls to Trumpist Fascism in which case this is the first in a long line of horrible people.

So 51% disapproval from United States citizens in 8 days; at least America will have a booming new salt industry thanks to him.

Trump and co don't care. He has a GOP congress and any criticism or protests are "Fake News". He won't care unless his own party tell him to shove it or, god forbid, decides to hold him accountable.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here