What is your present favorability rating of Donald Trump's executive actions?
Absolutely Favor
7.1% (10)
7.1% (10)
Mostly Favor
8.5% (12)
8.5% (12)
Barely Favor
1.4% (2)
1.4% (2)
Neutral
2.8% (4)
2.8% (4)
Barely Disfavor
1.4% (2)
1.4% (2)
Mostly Disfavor
19.9% (28)
19.9% (28)
Absolutely Disfavor
58.2% (82)
58.2% (82)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Donald Trump Executive Actions General

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

SeventhSigil:
So... I might be mistaken, but it appears that Trump has decided to hold a rally for himself, possibly in a bid to start his reelection campaign as soon as possible. On my mobile, forgive short post and scant details. The rally announcement is on his Twitter.

"Donald Trump to rally in...Melbourne?" Melbourne?! Who does that motherfucker think he is coming into my town to campaign for an election we don't even -

- oh, that Melbourne. Okay.

Anyway, it was pretty clear that Trump was upset last December when he learned that he'd actually have to stay in the White House and not just bounce between rallies and Trump Tower like he had been during the campaign. So I figure he'll hold one of these rallies to bump up his popularity every time he feels insecure. Like, y'know, whenever someone points out his rapidly sinking approval rating.

Classic Hitler move, really. I rate President Trump two Hitlers out of five. Would not elect again.

bastardofmelbourne:
Anyway, it was pretty clear that Trump was upset last December when he learned that he'd actually have to stay in the White House and not just bounce between rallies and Trump Tower like he had been during the campaign.

I don't know, he seems pretty fuckin' content to bounce down to Florida the past 3 weekends to hang out at his Mar-a-Lago resort, which is costing taxpayers ~$3m per trip, of which an unknown amount is going directly into one of his businesses.

GET OUTTA MY HOME STATE YOU CHEETO CUNT

At this point, I think a best case scenario (that's also realistic) is that Trump gets bogged down with in fighting and scandal to the point where he can't actually get anything done. Keep him on the defensive for at least 2 years and then hope the Dems sweep Congress in the midterms, hopefully with a veto proof majority (ok, that last part might just be wishful thinking).

bastardofmelbourne:

SeventhSigil:
So... I might be mistaken, but it appears that Trump has decided to hold a rally for himself, possibly in a bid to start his reelection campaign as soon as possible. On my mobile, forgive short post and scant details. The rally announcement is on his Twitter.

"Donald Trump to rally in...Melbourne?" Melbourne?! Who does that motherfucker think he is coming into my town to campaign for an election we don't even -

- oh, that Melbourne. Okay.

Anyway, it was pretty clear that Trump was upset last December when he learned that he'd actually have to stay in the White House and not just bounce between rallies and Trump Tower like he had been during the campaign. So I figure he'll hold one of these rallies to bump up his popularity every time he feels insecure. Like, y'know, whenever someone points out his rapidly sinking approval rating.

Classic Hitler move, really. I rate President Trump two Hitlers out of five. Would not elect again.

Basically. Honestly, considering that regardless of how wealthy he ACTUALLY is he's still pretty bloody rich, the White House is probably feeling like a significant downgrade. No gold plating, his name doesn't get to be installed on it (yet, anyway,) and on top of that I'd imagine he doesn't have as much freedom of movement as he once did. =P There was a report that his son was actually having food from his favorite restaurant shipped to him since he can no longer just go there himself. Social media no longer offers the same escape it once did- even though his Facebook page is pretty pro-Trump, his Twitter posts are filled with anti-Trump stuff, kind of surprised he keeps using it- and ultimately he's cut off from the validation and admiration that made the experience so enjoyable to him in the first place. =P

The Escapist Magazine threads on Donald Trump (post-election in order of most recent post):

And in a move that should surprise no one, racist Keebler elf and noted hater of marijuana, Jeff Sessions, is all set to go on enforcing federal weed laws, I wonder how this is gonna play out in the states that have legalized?

Dr. Thrax:

bastardofmelbourne:
Anyway, it was pretty clear that Trump was upset last December when he learned that he'd actually have to stay in the White House and not just bounce between rallies and Trump Tower like he had been during the campaign.

I don't know, he seems pretty fuckin' content to bounce down to Florida the past 3 weekends to hang out at his Mar-a-Lago resort, which is costing taxpayers ~$3m per trip, of which an unknown amount is going directly into one of his businesses.

GET OUTTA MY HOME STATE YOU CHEETO CUNT

Been golfing something like 6 times already too, which I thought was a bad.

Not an EO, but I figure this is turning into a catch all thread, so might as well.

Trump on DREAMers:

DAVID MUIR: When people learn of the news of this wall today there are gonna be a lot of people listening to this. And I wanna ask about undocumented immigrants who are here - in this country. Right now they're protected as so-called dreamers - the children who were brought here, as you know, by their parents. Should they be worried - that they could be deported? And is there anything you can say to assure them right now that they'll be allowed to stay?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: They shouldn't be very worried. They are here illegally. They shouldn't be very worried. I do have a big heart. We're going to take care of everybody. We're going to have a very strong border. We're gonna have a very solid border. Where you have great people that are here that have done a good job, they should be far less worried. We'll be coming out with policy on that over the next period of four weeks.

So much for that.

Jux:
Not an EO, but I figure this is turning into a catch all thread, so might as well.

Trump on DREAMers:

DAVID MUIR: When people learn of the news of this wall today there are gonna be a lot of people listening to this. And I wanna ask about undocumented immigrants who are here ? in this country. Right now they?re protected as so-called dreamers ? the children who were brought here, as you know, by their parents. Should they be worried ? that they could be deported? And is there anything you can say to assure them right now that they?ll be allowed to stay?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: They shouldn?t be very worried. They are here illegally. They shouldn?t be very worried. I do have a big heart. We?re going to take care of everybody. We?re going to have a very strong border. We?re gonna have a very solid border. Where you have great people that are here that have done a good job, they should be far less worried. We?ll be coming out with policy on that over the next period of four weeks.

So much for that.

...Trump basically said "Dont worry, you're fucking gone"...Im not surprised, just still not done being mad at everything he says.

To keep using the abused wife metaphor I use sometimes "My wife has nothing to worry about, I love her and have been boxing and lifting weight. I dont know why she is nervious, I can break bricks with my hands now, I love her so much, even though she annoys me..."

So the Muslim ban is more or less dead. Not that Trump's various apologists will care. They'll still come up with some reason or another about why letting foreigners who practice strange, scary foreigner religions is the death knell for all of humanity or something. Still, I fucking called it. It was so inepty conceived, written and implemented that much like Trump's various start-up businesses it was always on borrowed time.

So, has somebody found the mysterious, elusive, ACA repeal/replacement bill yet? The one nobody can literally find?

altnameJag:
So, has somebody found the mysterious, elusive, ACA repeal/replacement bill yet? The one nobody can literally find?

There won't be one. Republicans will just try to pretend there is in the hope of eventually conditioning people into believing it actually exists

altnameJag:

The problem is that there's literally no alternative to the ACA that isn't either:

- similar to what the Democrats were originally proposing, or;
- worse than what they already have, at least in terms of providing affordable health insurance to the masses.

They can't go with the latter because Trump would be fucking crucified by the many low-income voters who backed him in the hopes of getting something better than the ACA. They can't go with the former, both because it'd make the Republicans look incredibly stupid and because it'd damage the corporate interests that lobbied against the ACA so heavily in the first place.

In the end, neither one would really damage Trump that badly. If he does the latter, then he'll insist that the shitty new healthcare act is actually amazing and you're all just stupid idiots for thinking differently. If he does the former, he'll insist it was all his idea, and the shitty parts of "Obamacare" that screwed people over were the result of the Democrats fucking with a noble Republican effort to provide everybody with health insurance.

I honestly don't get the healthcare debate in America, really. Why does your right-wing hate the ACA so much?

bastardofmelbourne:
I honestly don't get the healthcare debate in America, really. Why does your right-wing hate the ACA so much?

Same reason the Liberals in Australia hate the NBN; Labor put it up as a policy first and it was popular.

Guys, does anyone think Chevy Chase has taken this sketch a bit too far?

bastardofmelbourne:

altnameJag:

The problem is that there's literally no alternative to the ACA that isn't either:

- similar to what the Democrats were originally proposing, or;
- worse than what they already have, at least in terms of providing affordable health insurance to the masses.

They can't go with the latter because Trump would be fucking crucified by the many low-income voters who backed him in the hopes of getting something better than the ACA. They can't go with the former, both because it'd make the Republicans look incredibly stupid and because it'd damage the corporate interests that lobbied against the ACA so heavily in the first place.

In the end, neither one would really damage Trump that badly. If he does the latter, then he'll insist that the shitty new healthcare act is actually amazing and you're all just stupid idiots for thinking differently. If he does the former, he'll insist it was all his idea, and the shitty parts of "Obamacare" that screwed people over were the result of the Democrats fucking with a noble Republican effort to provide everybody with health insurance.

Republicans hate anything that helps people that arent rich. Such as any sort of welfare program.

So now he's attempting to deflect from the latest round of Russian leaks by posting pictures of Democratic officials meeting with Russian ones and claiming that Obama wire-tapped him.

...The thing that annoys me the most is because they are the guys at the top of the food chain, there is no one who can smack them and shout "Cut it out!".
Just when he does use his tiny hands to launch the nukes, point them to China and not the EU, we actually have a chance.

Diablo1099:
So now he's attempting to deflect from the latest round of Russian leaks by posting pictures of Democratic officials meeting with Russian ones and claiming that Obama wire-tapped him.

...The thing that annoys me the most is because they are the guys at the top of the food chain, there is no one who can smack them and shout "Cut it out!".
Just when he does use his tiny hands to launch the nukes, point them to China and not the EU, we actually have a chance.

But hey, at least he took time out of his busy schedule to throw shade at Arnold's departure of the Apprentice, amirite?

In any case, it would appear that the most likely trigger for Trump's wire-tapping thing is a Friday night article by Breitbart, because of course it would be.

www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/03/mark-levin-obama-used-police-state-tactics-undermine-trump/

But, to be fair, there may be a grain of truth to it, albeit presented in a misleading manner. This report is based on older stories from other outlets that have run for the last few months that suggest a number of Intelligence agencies may have pursued and obtained a FISA warrant in order to look into Trump's possible ties with Russia. How involved Obama himself was in the process is hard to determine; though the Attorney General does need to sign off on these sorts of warrants, (I think) they can't just unilaterally give themselves the warrant either without running through the proper channels.

So, yeah. It's actually entirely possible that Trump's communications were intercepted... only the bit he isn't mentioning is that this would likely have been due to getting investigated on the 'Russia' thing. =P

---

Still, this is pretty old news when we get right down to it. I wonder if Trump honestly didn't hear about this until Breitbart posted it, or if he's just looking to throw up a smokescreen to obfuscate yet another week of lunacy and bullshit.

Dude seems to be having a biiiiit of a meltdown. I wonder if he's back at Mar-a-Lago again.

Diablo1099:

Well, ideally "we the people" are the ones supposed to do that. The Ace card, valued at both 1 AND 11.

But it requires that way more people be less stupid than they are.

So, Trumpcare!

Which among other terrible things, removes the "mandate" that you'd pay as a penalty on your taxes if you didn't have health insurance. Good, right?

Replaces it with a 30% surcharge to your health insurance premium for 12 months if you go 2 months without insurance which sounds a whole lot like a "mandate" to me. Which would probably cost more than the old mandate would've, doesn't get prorated like the old mandate did, and funnels that money to a for-profit private business, unlike the old mandate.

Also, the folks over at the AARP are looking at the plan and projecting that retirees and looking at a premium hike of anywhere between $2000 and $8000 dollars due to rule changes about how much companies can charge seniors over young folks and Medicare rollbacks.

http://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aarp/politics/advocacy/2017/03/aarp-letter-to-congress-on-american-healthcare-act-march-07-2017.pdf

altnameJag:
So, Trumpcare!

Which among other terrible things, removes the "mandate" that you'd pay as a penalty on your taxes if you didn't have health insurance. Good, right?

Replaces it with a 30% surcharge to your health insurance premium for 12 months if you go 2 months without insurance which sounds a whole lot like a "mandate" to me. Which would probably cost more than the old mandate would've, doesn't get prorated like the old mandate did, and funnels that money to a for-profit private business, unlike the old mandate.

The 30% surcharge, of course, is to prevent people 'gaming the system' by only buying insurance when they're ill. I don't have the actuarial figures but I know healthcare is usually long periods between catastrophic costs (hence use of insurance). I doubt the 30% surcharge is anywhere near enough to prevent a person dropping out when healthy and buying when ill. You'd have to spend over 3 times longer paying the premiums than not paying for the surcharge to be penalising. A surcharge trying to be a mandate by stealth and failing.

warmachine:

The 30% surcharge, of course, is to prevent people 'gaming the system' by only buying insurance when they're ill. I don't have the actuarial figures but I know healthcare is usually long periods between catastrophic costs (hence use of insurance). I doubt the 30% surcharge is anywhere near enough to prevent a person dropping out when healthy and buying when ill.

That would be exactly where the clauses for not covering 'pre-existing' conditions comes in. I have trouble finding info on how Trumpcare will actually deal with that? I found something on how if you drop your insurance you can be refused it for pre-existing conditions.

It's a small thing, but it does imply some things about the Republican party. Check out the name they gave to their Trumpcare bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1275/text

BeetleManiac:
It's a small thing, but it does imply some things about the Republican party. Check out the name they gave to their Trumpcare bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1275/text

You've got to be shitting me. That's congress' version of the Onion, right?

altnameJag:

Dead serious. That's the actual name of the damn thing.

I feel someone should post the Big Brain from Futurama doing it's 'I AM THE GREETEST!' thing, but I can't be bothered.

BeetleManiac:

It's a sequel to "The World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2016".
I want off this rock.

BeetleManiac:

altnameJag:

Dead serious. That's the actual name of the damn thing.

haha that actually made me laugh. that makes the name obamacare look like shakespear and that wasn't even its real name.

The Story of How Donald Trump Became President

Trump had the money to run for president due to the success of previous family members in the hotel business and his own special unethical business practices detailed in "The Art of the Deal" which has caused him numerous lawsuits he has lost; but he never received a big enough punishment monetarily to really stop him so he never stopped doing his unethical business deals. He was able to become a godlike figure through his mass wealth and his ties to the entertainment business. This combined with his strong brand recognition which is conveyed every time the word "Trump" is typed made him impossible to ignore and a powerfully influential figure regardless of his actual ethics and logic. On top of all this he developed ties with the Russian government and was groomed into a fit Russian puppet; they never thought he would win, but they gave it a shot anyway. Trump was able to defeat the rest of the Republican candidates because the Republican party demanded energy and rhetoric more than logic and calmness, in addition to the other candidates just not being any good except Jeb who people ignored for no reason beyond "he doesn't entertain me FUCK EM!" Trump illegally the Russian government, in addition to general Russians that like the Russian government, peddling propaganda and contacting him throughout the campaign to help him become more influential and better perceived through manipulation and spreading of disinformation. People on 4chan and 8chan were posting repeated posts on how Trump is the greatest and made him very well-known among the meme community and the alt-right community. By being made well-known in the alt-right community thanks to those chansites and thanks to the Republican primaries demanding energy and rhetoric more than clamness and logic, he was able to give a voice to part of the party not often given any credence or ability to do change. That gave normally hopeless people, hope they could make a real difference. During this time the DNC was more than happy to have Trump become the opponent because they were so sure he was so cartoonishly unethical and unqualified people would never vote for him. Then the DNC rigged the primaries to favor Clinton through rigged debate times and frequency, Clinton receiving questions in advance but not disclosing this, superdelegates corruptly swaying people by making it feel impossible for Bernie because "look at all those superdelegates now its impossible we better just give up!" So the DNC made themselves look corrupt because they ARE corrupt and still have not changed anything even after all this outcry. On top of this Bernie Sanders is rated the most favorable politician in the United States and has proven consistently ethical and caring for people all across the board in addition to having a powerful grassroots online and offline influential force especially thanks to Reddit. But once Hillary was made victory due to past name-recognition and corrupt influence in addition to a general passive acceptance of poor circumstances by people, things of course fell apart. Due to ties to the Clinton foundation, emails, a lot of false online rumors, the DNC being corrupt, and Clinton never going out of her way to bash corruption, she rightly looked very corrupt and additionally did not inspire hope remotely like Bernie did. Trump was also heavily corrupt but inspired so much hope in people with his rhetoric and energy that people overlooked it and ignored his corruption. Then Russian leaked the corruption of the DNC while withholding information on the RNC for the sole purpose of giving Donald Trump an edge which is highly illegal. After that the electoral college's arbitrary system which favors nobody but random-chance minorities of people chose to give Donald Trump an undeserved large amount of electoral votes, even though he lost by 3 million votes. The loser of the election ultimately was named president because the electoral college purposefully allows for the loser to now-and-thin win anyway for no reason, and ultimately a minority's voice was valued more than the majority, in a matter which affects the unanimous majority of people in the United States. And the rest as they say, is history.

The Washington Post: Comey?s testimony humiliates Trump By Jennifer Rubin March 20 at 11:52 AM

Ivanka Trump is getting an office in the West Wing of the White House, and is seeking security clearance to access classified information. She will be her father's "eyes and ears" while providing broad-ranging advice. She is not being sworn in, and will hold no official position and will not be taking a salary, according to her attorney. Since she is not officially an employee, she is not beholden to all the ethics rules and regulations an actual employee would be, though she has stated that she would "voluntarily" follow the same rules. Anti-nepotism laws prevent the president's family members from being appointed to government positions, however, they can still advise as private citizens.

I didn't know where to post this without posting a new thread, but I see Bannon is off the Council: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39508351

The aide said Mr Bannon was only given a seat on the NSC to keep an eye on National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who was fired in February.

Is this the Michael Flynn that was completely trustworthy and not in fact doing it doing it doing it with the Russians?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here