This week in drama: Alex Jones goes to divorce court

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I think I need a framed picture of the part of Alex Jones' deposition where he claims that he is spouting bullshit for money so I can just post a pic of it every time some fuckwit tries to cite Infowars as a source. It would be a big time saver.

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

WeepingAngels:
I am more the independent type and lost interest in Alex Jones when he decided to endorse and never shut up about Trunp.

Dude is a 9/11 and Sandy Hook Truther and it wasn't till he endorsed a Republican that you lost interest in him?

Who do you like to watch so I can go dig up something silly that they might have said to use against you. At the end of the day no one is perfect but Alex being different from the rest of the MSM was refreshing until he wasn't different anymore and I lost interest.

The guy trades in bullshit. Those aren't just one offs for the guy. He also thinks the Clintons had Vince Foster murdered, that 'they' had Scalia murdered, Brussels, Orlando and Boston attacks were all false flags, the government has a weather weapon that can steer tornadoes, pizzagate was real, fema ran/(runs?) concentration camps, Obama's birth certificate was a fake, climate change is fake, obama is actually gay and michelle is just his beard, that michelle obama is actually a man, chemtrails are a real thing, and that fucking Beyonce is actually a CIA operative.

Sure, if you want to dig up something stupid Anderson Cooper believes, go ahead, but let's not pretend there is any sort of equivalence between the two, ya?

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

WeepingAngels:
I am more the independent type and lost interest in Alex Jones when he decided to endorse and never shut up about Trunp.

Dude is a 9/11 and Sandy Hook Truther and it wasn't till he endorsed a Republican that you lost interest in him?

Who do you like to watch so I can go dig up something silly that they might have said to use against you. At the end of the day no one is perfect but Alex being different from the rest of the MSM was refreshing until he wasn't different anymore and I lost interest.

Man, "silly" is a silly YouTuber putting out an 80 minute video defending Dark Souls 2 in detail.

Sandy Hook truthers harass parents who lost kids.

Jux:

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

The guy trades in bullshit. Those aren't just one offs for the guy. He also thinks the Clintons had Vince Foster murdered, that 'they' had Scalia murdered, Brussels, Orlando and Boston attacks were all false flags, the government has a weather weapon that can steer tornadoes, pizzagate was real, fema ran/(runs?) concentration camps, Obama's birth certificate was a fake, climate change is fake, obama is actually gay and michelle is just his beard, that michelle obama is actually a man, chemtrails are a real thing, and that fucking Beyonce is actually a CIA operative.

Sure, if you want to dig up something stupid Anderson Cooper believes, go ahead, but let's not pretend there is any sort of equivalence between the two, ya?

Well since you hate Alex Jones so much, I can't understand why you want to attack people who have come to turn against him. You are looking for enemies in the wrong places.

WeepingAngels:
Well since you hate Alex Jones so much, I can't understand why you want to attack people who have come to turn against him. You are looking for enemies in the wrong places.

If ya think this is me 'attacking' you, that's some thin skin. I was just being incredulous that the turning point for you wasn't all the bat shit crazy conspiracy bullshit he spouts, but an endorsement of a Republican. And from you're posting, it doesn't even seem that your gripe is how shitty a person Trump is, but rather that Jones lost his 'independent' cred when he endorsed the candidate of a mainstream party.

WeepingAngels:

Jux:
And from you're posting, it doesn't even seem that your gripe is how shitty a person Trump is, but rather that Jones lost his 'independent' cred when he endorsed the candidate of a mainstream party.

It's almost as if I said this a few posts ago (post #27). If you are about to go all SJW on me, I'm out.

Ladies, please. Cease the bickering! Let's all just agree on something inarguable: that Alex Jones is a gay frog wearing a suit and that's the real reason his wife divorced him.

bastardofmelbourne:

WeepingAngels:

Jux:
And from you're posting, it doesn't even seem that your gripe is how shitty a person Trump is, but rather that Jones lost his 'independent' cred when he endorsed the candidate of a mainstream party.

It's almost as if I said this a few posts ago (post #27). If you are about to go all SJW on me, I'm out.

Ladies, please. Cease the bickering! Let's all just agree on something inarguable: that Alex Jones is a gay frog wearing a suit and that's the real reason his wife divorced him.

Considering she lost custody the first time around, I gotta wonder if his wife's got any issues of her own. Not just joint custody or some sharing deal that fell through, Alex Jones has sole custody, for a mother to lose sole custody to someone with a public demeanor like Alex Jones has got to require some kind of baggage on her end. There's gotta be some gay frogs in her closet.

That and she gets, 45k a month in spousal support, I knew he had to be making a bit of money, but apparently selling male virility snake oil to conspiracy theorists is a lot more lucrative than I thought.

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

It's almost as if you read what I wrote. It's cool, feel free to bow out of this thread whenever you like.

Jux:

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

It's almost as if you read what I wrote. It's cool, feel free to bow out of this thread whenever you like.

I truly appreciate you looking into and approving my request to bow out. Later.

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

WeepingAngels:

I truly appreciate you looking into and approving my request to bow out. Later.

No, I want the last word!

EternallyBored:

bastardofmelbourne:

WeepingAngels:

Considering she lost custody the first time around, I gotta wonder if his wife's got any issues of her own. Not just joint custody or some sharing deal that fell through, Alex Jones has sole custody, for a mother to lose sole custody to someone with a public demeanor like Alex Jones has got to require some kind of baggage on her end. There's gotta be some gay frogs in her closet.

That and she gets, 45k a month in spousal support, I knew he had to be making a bit of money, but apparently selling male virility snake oil to conspiracy theorists is a lot more lucrative than I thought.

Conspiracy peddling actually is quite a lucrative business. Alex Jones is particularly good at it and has made millions doing so.

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

WeepingAngels:

What I am trying to understand is how you, or anyone else could possibly find interest in him in the first place. Alex has talked out of his arse his entire life and I am baffled how anyone could have remotely taken him seriously or listened to him in the first place. BTW, I actually know Alex and am on good terms with him, although I think he is absurdly ridiculous, I have never had a falling out with him or anything like that. I actually do not blame Alex for people believing his nonsense as it is so far fetched I would have to hold those accountable for thinking anything he said was true for believing something outrageous in the first place.

I don't really like to watch particular persons, instead I usually just read vetted news such as BBC News, UK Guardian, Reuters, or Associated Press. Of course all news makes errors now and then, it is just a matter of what those errors are and what they do to correct them. You cannot say Alex makes minor errors or appropriately corrects them as 99% of what he says is just utter nonsense.

altnameJag:
Man, "silly" is a silly YouTuber putting out an 80 minute video defending Dark Souls 2 in detail.

I usually like Hbomberguy but not gonna lie, he fucked up on that one.

renegade7:

altnameJag:

I usually like Hbomberguy but not gonna lie, he fucked up on that one.

I liked it, but I've barely interacted with the souls series to begin with.

On the other hand, he's planning one on defending the prequel trilogy, and I just don't know.

WeepingAngels:

Jux:

WeepingAngels:

Sure. Churning out Sandy Hook conspiracy theories and leading the charge about "crisis actors" and hoaxes and sparking his fanatical devotees to harass the parents of murdered children is "silly."

Read this and explain how what Jones did is "silly."
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sandy-hook-conspiracy-20170203-story.html

Oh, and then read comments from Jones' legal team in his child custody case about how he doesn't *really* believe the conspiracy theories he spouts and how he's just a "performance artist" that is "playing a character" on his show [which, considering his claims about Sandy Hook "actors," is deeply ironic].

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/17/trump-called-alex-jones-amazing-joness-own-lawyer-calls-him-a-performance-artist/?utm_term=.fa3da4b6e13b

Exley97:

Oh, and then read comments from Jones' legal team in his child custody case about how he doesn't *really* believe the conspiracy theories he spouts and how he's just a "performance artist" that is "playing a character" on his show [which, considering his claims about Sandy Hook "actors," is deeply ironic].

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/17/trump-called-alex-jones-amazing-joness-own-lawyer-calls-him-a-performance-artist/?utm_term=.fa3da4b6e13b

I am not going to defend Jones positions on everything. No one 100% agrees with any talking head and if you wouldn't pretend that is the case, that would be best.

If you had read all my posts in this thread you wouldn't have typed the part I quoted above since I already said that he's a fraud.

Here's some advice. If you want to talk sense into people who watch Jones religiously, don't attack them when they admit that Jones is a fraud. Otherwise, I can't see what you are trying to accomplish here.

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

I am not going to defend Jones positions on everything. No one 100% agrees with any talking head and if you wouldn't pretend that is the case, that would be best.

If you had read all my posts in this thread you wouldn't have typed the part I quoted above since I already said that he's a fraud.

Here's some advice. If you want to talk sense into people who watch Jones religiously, don't attack them when they admit that Jones is a fraud. Otherwise, I can't see what you are trying to accomplish here.

I'm not interested in "talking sense" into you -- I want to know why you refer to his actions regarding Sandy Hook as merely "silly." That's what I'm trying to accomplish.

And I know you called him a fraud and stopped watching him -- for becoming a Trump superfan apologist. But what about before that? Sandy Hook wasn't enough for you to step back? Jones supporting Trump was the Rubicon, but not Jones' spreading crap about how grieving parents are crisis actors and egging on maniacs who harass these people?

Exley97:

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

I'm not interested in "talking sense" into you -- I want to know why you refer to his actions regarding Sandy Hook as merely "silly." That's what I'm trying to accomplish.

And I know you called him a fraud and stopped watching him -- for becoming a Trump superfan apologist. But what about before that? Sandy Hook wasn't enough for you to step back? Jones supporting Trump was the Rubicon, but not Jones' spreading crap about how grieving parents are crisis actors and egging on maniacs who harass these people?

I never made any comment about Sandy Hook and Alex Jones and I have no idea what his opinion on that is. If you were under the impression that I was defending Alex Jones over Sandy Hook, I am clarifying now. What I agree with or do not agree with Alex on is not up for discussion. My comment about silliness was general. The real stupidity in this thread has come from people who assume that anyone agrees with 100% of what Alex says.

WeepingAngels:
I never made any comment about Sandy Hook and Alex Jones and I have no idea what his opinion on that is.

I find that rather difficult to believe. Jones' penchant for declaring mass shootings to be false flag operations is well-documented and he hasn't made an effort to walk them back either.

The real stupidity in this thread has come from people who assume that anyone agrees with 100% of what Alex says.

You want to try that again? We're just curious why endorsing Trump was the final straw and not any of the other horrible stuff he's said and done over the years.

BeetleManiac:

WeepingAngels:
I never made any comment about Sandy Hook and Alex Jones and I have no idea what his opinion on that is.

I find that rather difficult to believe. Jones' penchant for declaring mass shootings to be false flag operations is well-documented and he hasn't made an effort to walk them back either.

The real stupidity in this thread has come from people who assume that anyone agrees with 100% of what Alex says.

You want to try that again? We're just curious why endorsing Trump was the final straw and not any of the other horrible stuff he's said and done over the years.

I give up, I regret coming to this thread. You guys are looking for a fight and you will fight anyone.

WeepingAngels:
I give up, I regret coming to this thread. You guys are looking for a fight and you will fight anyone.

So backing up one's bullshit is an act of combat now?

BeetleManiac:

WeepingAngels:

So backing up one's bullshit is an act of combat now?

What bullshit would that be? That I didn't stop listening to Alex sooner and you think you are entitled to answers? That you believe that I believe everything Alex has ever said?

If you want to pick a fight, go over to the comment section of Alex's YouTube videos, your real enemies are there. If you decide to do that, let me know so I can come watch.

WeepingAngels:
What bullshit would that be? That I didn't stop listening to Alex sooner and you think you are entitled to answers? That you believe that I believe everything Alex has ever said?

I never said those things and you know that. If it really was something you just didn't want to talk about it, why get so damn defensive and accusatory? That's why people suspect something. You're acting like you're hiding something. Whether or not you are, I don't know. But you put the thought in our heads. When I saw that Trump was where you drew the line, it initially drew little more than an eye roll from me. It's when you decided to start snapping at everyone for asking what you thought of other shit he had said that got me thinking a nerve was touched.

BeetleManiac:

WeepingAngels:

I never said those things and you know that. If it really was something you just didn't want to talk about it, why get so damn defensive and accusatory? That's why people suspect something. You're acting like you're hiding something. Whether or not you are, I don't know. But you put the thought in our heads. When I saw that Trump was where you drew the line, it initially drew little more than an eye roll from me. It's when you decided to start snapping at everyone for asking what you thought of other shit he had said that got me thinking a nerve was touched.

What I am doing is trying my best not to accidentally get pulled into a debate I don't want to be in. Not only am I not as knowledgeable about Alex as some people are, I have no interest in defending any of his positions. I only came into this thread to say that Alex is a fraud. It seems though, that his fans have said little about it since the day the news broke and now Alex it seems like he is trying to spin it to say that he only meant that he is an actor when he dresses up like a fictional character. It's bullshit, Alex is a fraud and even if some believe some of the things he says, he is not the person to hear it from. He is just in it to get rich I think and he may even be controlled opposition as some suggest. To be clear, I quit listening to him completely last year but before that, I wasn't listening all the time and I found his voice scratchy and irritating so I could never listen for more than hour or two anyway.

WeepingAngels:
To be clear, I quit listening to him completely last year but before that, I wasn't listening all the time and I found his voice scratchy and irritating so I could never listen for more than hour or two anyway.

Okay, I'll take your word for it. Consider Jones an example of why it's good to research and vet a source.

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

WeepingAngels:

1) I know you didn't make any comment about his Sandy Hook conspiracy -- that's why I ASKED YOU ABOUT IT.
2) You followed Jones and yet you "have no idea" what his take on Sandy Hook is? Really? He's only been ranting about it for years and made it one of the linchpins of his show. And yet you have no idea about it? None at all? Not even after I linked that story and described exactly what he did?

WeepingAngels:
If you were under the impression that I was defending Alex Jones over Sandy Hook, I am clarifying now. What I agree with or do not agree with Alex on is not up for discussion. My comment about silliness was general. The real stupidity in this thread has come from people who assume that anyone agrees with 100% of what Alex says.

You are not clarifying. I'm not asking whether you agree with him 100%. I don't expect anyone to agree with anybody 100% of the time. But I'm asking you about a *very specific topic*, and you seem reluctant to answer directly. And I honestly have no idea why. If you've already broken ranks with Jones over his Trump support, it should be relatively easy to specifically condemn his actions regarding Sandy Hook.

But you're not. You seem to be evading it. And again, I have no idea why.

Exley97:

2) You followed Jones and yet you "have no idea" what his take on Sandy Hook is? Really? He's only been ranting about it for years and made it one of the linchpins of his show. And yet you have no idea about it? None at all? Not even after I linked that story and described exactly what he did?

To talk like this, you must listen to Alex more than I ever did.

You are not clarifying. I'm not asking whether you agree with him 100%. I don't expect anyone to agree with anybody 100% of the time. But I'm asking you about a *very specific topic*, and you seem reluctant to answer directly. And I honestly have no idea why. If you've already broken ranks with Jones over his Trump support, it should be relatively easy to specifically condemn his actions regarding Sandy Hook.

I have said that

- I have no idea what his position is and I can't speak intelligently about it.

- I have said that I am not interested in debating Alex's positions.

So now you can't claim to not have any idea why. You know, I tend to listen to things in the background while I am doing other things like cleaning, playing a game or even driving (mostly podcasts while driving). You seem to know more about Alex's position than I do. Why is it so important that you try to get answers out of me about Sandy Hook when you know more about that than I do?

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

I have said that

So now you can't claim to not have any idea why. You know, I tend to listen to things in the background while I am doing other things like cleaning, playing a game or even driving (mostly podcasts while driving). You seem to know more about Alex's position than I do. Why is it so important that you try to get answers out of me about Sandy Hook when you know more about that than I do?

I'm not asking you to debate any positions. I'm asking you if you *believe* them.

I'll make this as simple and direct as possible: Do you believe Alex Jones' theory that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was an elaborate government hoax designed to drive gun control legislation and that the parents of the murdered children are NOT in fact parents but "actors" and that the murdered children do not and have never existed? And do you believe his continued insistence on furthering this theory and encouraging his listeners/viewers to seek out "the truth" about Sandy Hook was appropriate behavior?

Exley97:

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

I have said that

I'm not asking you to debate any positions. I'm asking you if you *believe* them.

I'll make this as simple and direct as possible: Do you believe Alex Jones' theory that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was an elaborate government hoax designed to drive gun control legislation and that the parents of the murdered children are NOT in fact parents but "actors" and that the murdered children do not and have never existed? And do you believe his continued insistence on furthering this theory and encouraging his listeners/viewers to seek out "the truth" about Sandy Hook was appropriate behavior?

I have no evidence that Sandy Hook was a hoax so no, I don't believe it was a hoax. Happy now? How could that one sentence satisfy anyone?

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

WeepingAngels:

I have said that

I have no evidence that Sandy Hook was a hoax so no, I don't believe it was a hoax. Happy now? How could that one sentence satisfy anyone?

No, not entirely happy -- what's your response on the second question regarding Jones pushing the theory and encouraging others to seek "the truth" about Sandy Hook at the expense of grieving parents who lost their children to a mass shooter?

Exley97:

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

No, not entirely happy -- what's your response on the second question regarding Jones pushing the theory and encouraging others to seek "the truth" about Sandy Hook at the expense of grieving parents who lost their children to a mass shooter?

Seeking the truth is always admirable as long as you don't hurt others in the process so no, I can't agree with harassing (is that what they are doing?) the parents. I hope that improved your day. Just so you know, I have never done any activism because of something Alex Jones has said.

WeepingAngels:

Exley97:

WeepingAngels:

Seeking the truth is always admirable as long as you don't hurt others in the process so no, I can't agree with harassing (is that what they are doing?) the parents. I hope that improved your day. Just so you know, I have never done any activism because of something Alex Jones has said.

1. I appreciate the answer.
2. Yes, that is exactly what a lot of Jones' supporters are doing and continue to do even though he has "apologized" for his behavior in this travesty. And if you're interested in learning more about it and can possibly stomach reading the details, I recommend starting with the LA Times article I linked to earlier in the threat.

Speaking of Jones siccing his followers on grieving families for his own personal gain, he just stabbed irony in the gut today. He released a statement asking the press to please be respectful and responsible because he doesn't want his kids to be damaged.

I would call this guy a vampire, but no. Vampires have more self-reflection than Alex Jones.

Vampires know they're parasitic monsters.

At this point, I'm going to echo something I saw on Twitter: If Alex Jones loses his kids, I want someone to follow him around shouting that he never actually had any. They were just false flag crisis actors.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here