Goodbye Bill!!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

It's done. Bill O'Reilly is no longer at Fox News...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/business/media/bill-oreilly-fox-news-allegations.html?_r=0

I'm shocked, saddened and outraged. Can't a man sexually harass a female colleagues, leave them feeling demoralised, uncomfortable, vulnerable and left feeling powerless anymore? Can those in power not abuse their power anymore? These damn kids these days. With their whistle blowing, networking, social mediaing, camera phones, evidence, rebellious nature. Damn those milk drinkers!!!!! #MAGA

So what do y'all think? You happy, sad, you care, you want cereal in the after noon? The right wing spokes people are really catching fire. Milo, Tomi, Bill. Who's next?

Find out next time on... Fox News. You want facts? What's facts!

Parasondox:

You say that like you just killed your just-turned zombie friend.

Anyways...I am enjoying the right-wing downfalls lately.

Now if Fox itself would collapse too, that would be neat.

Saelune:

Parasondox:

You say that like you just killed your just-turned zombie friend.

Wait, he WASN'T a zombie? Oh... *Pulls the trigger a few more times* He was... so misunderstood.

I thought Bill Clinton died or something. Anyways shitty people using their position is in pretty much every organization regardless of political affiliation (with cover up being as well), I just hope those allegations are true.

Bye. Miss you. Not really.

McMarbles:

'I will always miss you... I have such terrible aim.'

Don't count your chickens yet friends. He's still around, and who do you think Trump is going to pick to be the new Press Secretary when Spicer is shit-canned?

Silentpony:
Don't count your chickens yet friends. He's still around, and who do you think Trump is going to pick to be the new Press Secretary when Spicer is shit-canned?

Lies. Spicer is going to be press secretary forever. FACT.

undeadsuitor:

Silentpony:

O'Rielly is the man Trump gets all his facts from! All he has to do his call himself Press Secretary O'Rielly and Spicer as Former Press Secretary.

Silentpony:

undeadsuitor:

Silentpony:

O'Rielly is the man Trump gets all his facts from! All he has to do his call himself Press Secretary O'Rielly and Spicer as Former Press Secretary.

But where does Alex Jones fit in?

undeadsuitor:

Silentpony:

undeadsuitor:

Speech writer, duh.

Silentpony:

undeadsuitor:

Silentpony:

Speech writer, duh.

Despite the fact that it would make an even larger mockery out of our country than the past 4 months have already led to, I would pay good money to hear Trump give a speech written by Jones then having O'Reilly have to come out and spin massive bullshit to make it seem semi-sane.

Wait... He's still alive? Can we eat him?

Goodbye, Bill. No-one is going to miss you.

inu-kun:
I thought Bill Clinton died or something.

That was my first thought, followed by Bill Cosby. And then I remembered what I read in the morning's paper.

What can I say? I haven't liked Fox News in years (Not that it got worse, simply I learned that I didn't like it), despite being accused of getting all my information from it. O'Reilly just exemplified what I didn't like about it.

Now, refresh my memory, but hasn't this been something he's been accused of for quite a while now?

CM156:
Now, refresh my memory, but hasn't this been something he's been accused of for quite a while now?

Indeed. And now, time for a super serious source to corroborate:

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/04/fox-news-limits-hosts-5-sexual-harassment-scandal-maximum/

CM156:

This has been brewing for ages. The difference is that this time it got enough public attention that advertisers started leaving in large numbers.

Previously, Fox was content to settle a lawsuit here and there for ten million dollars if it kept O'Reilly pulling hundreds of millions of dollars for the network annually. Now that the cost : benefit ratio is drawing closer to even, they don't want the hassle.

Seanchaidh:
Indeed. And now, time for a super serious source to corroborate:

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/04/fox-news-limits-hosts-5-sexual-harassment-scandal-maximum/

Best part:

The Beaverton:
Receiving the most praise are the warnings Fox News will dole out following harassments 1 through 4, including a high five for the first sexual harassment, up to a stern look for harassment number 4.

I feel like some part of me should feel sympathy for this man for losing his job over sexual misconduct (Who am I kidding? No I don't!), but this guy indirectly killed a doctor by continually calling him a "baby killer" over and over because of what he did at his job.

Before he or anyone else goes on about character assassination and smear campaigns, maybe people should remember that.

In comparison to losing your life, losing your job on a TV show that appeals to a demographic made up of people who were legal adults during the Kennedy assassination kind of seems like a blessing.

Could have always ended worse.

inu-kun:
I thought Bill Clinton died or something.

I thought the UK had finally signed a bill to leave the EU.

inu-kun:
Anyways shitty people using their position is in pretty much every organization regardless of political affiliation (with cover up being as well)

Certainly, though to what extent, and how active people are in rooting them out varies immensely.

You know it seems all the old guard of cable news are being cut over recent years. I mean just look at Bill's once rival Keith Olberman, he's barely getting 6 digit video views on his YouTube channel.

Xsjadoblayde:

He is quite toxic, it might kill you both

CyanCat47:

Xsjadoblayde:

So are puffer fish. Its all in the skill of the chief cutting it up. And you are suppose to get a taste of it. Not too much. Just a taste. Now, am I talking about the fish or the idiot the thread is abut :)

saint of m:

CyanCat47:

Xsjadoblayde:

So are puffer fish. Its all in the skill of the chief cutting it up. And you are suppose to get a taste of it. Not too much. Just a taste. Now, am I talking about the fish or the idiot the thread is abut :)

well, if we're talking about eating men, "Not too much, just a taste" sounds like the reserved customer of a gigolo

CyanCat47:

Xsjadoblayde:

The toxins in the meat create a splendid high when burnt at 238?C in a vacuum. It's the best use of him we can muster.

His legal team should confiscate any and all crosses in his vicinity, because the first chance he gets, he's going to nail himself to one.

Side note: I'm actually stunned by this. I never thought Fox News and News Corp. would take this action, especially on the heels of dismissing Roger Ailes for the same thing. They have stood by O'Reilly FOR YEARS and allowed this behavior to go on (anyone remember the stuff from 2004 with Andrea Mackris?). For Christ's sake, his OWN DAUGHTER testified against him in a custody battle and said he choked his ex-wife (not surprisingly, he lost custody of his children). But I figured they'd hold the line and try to ride out the storm to keep their biggest star rather than admit that ANOTHER leader at their network was a serial sexual harasser. So now they're down yet another network star AND they have to contend with the worsening reputation.

I'm just sad they didn't "do it live" :D

Looks like Karma finally caught up with him. Now can we get Pat Robertson to retire from TV too?

"We'll always have the falafel..."

I love what Ann Coulter wrote about him.

Were he King Solomon, he really would have cut the baby in half thinking that doing so would be judicious.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I wont try to defend Bill, but in a perfect world the cheers would be that of "Hurrah, a bully accused of sexual assault was fired" as opposed to "Hurrah, a prominent conservative was fired". I'm wondering which of the two is driving the overwhelming vocal support for this move.

It has been pointed out that Fox News hosts seem to be held to a higher standard than the PotUS.

Xsjadoblayde:

CyanCat47:

Xsjadoblayde:

The toxins in the meat create a splendid high when burnt at 238?C in a vacuum. It's the best use of him we can muster.

Actually, since bears leave their meat in lakes for a few months before eating it, you will probably be on the safe side even without doing that

Skatologist:
I feel like some part of me should feel sympathy for this man for losing his job over sexual misconduct (Who am I kidding? No I don't!), but this guy indirectly killed a doctor by continually calling him a "baby killer" over and over because of what he did at his job.

Before he or anyone else goes on about character assassination and smear campaigns, maybe people should remember that.

In comparison to losing your life, losing your job on a TV show that appeals to a demographic made up of people who were legal adults during the Kennedy assassination kind of seems like a blessing.

Could have always ended worse.

Let's not forget he beat his children. Class act, that guy.

cthulhuspawn82:
I wont try to defend Bill, but in a perfect world the cheers would be that of "Hurrah, a bully accused of sexual assault was fired" as opposed to "Hurrah, a prominent conservative was fired". I'm wondering which of the two is driving the overwhelming vocal support for this move.

It seems it's very popular to be openly partisan and make a game out of politics (where you score a point for each misstep from the rival). Personally I didn't even know to which party he belongs, as none of them is made purely of demons.

Windknight:

McMarbles:

'I will always miss you... I have such terrible aim.'

"It's... it's funny because Bill O'Reilly is terrible."

Much as I hate the man, not all that joyful about it, since this is likely an internal politics move, not because he's a horrible person. Conservative media, I've noticed, tend not to can people unless they've already had it in for them for awhile now. People, Micheal Savage and Mark Levin are still on the air, remember....

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here