Official Special Investigation Into Trump Thread

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Adam Jensen:

Meiam:
Unless congress flip in 2018 (it won't) he'll be just fine. At this point he won't fire Mueller because he doesn't have to, his base is solid and will ignore everything that come out of Mueller investigation.

Congress won't have to flip and opinion of Trump's base is irrelevant. Don't make a mistake thinking that this is just about Trump. Mueller and the FBI are going after everyone. And that includes Paul Ryan and the rest of GOP leadership. FBI is also investigating the NRA and Fox News. The entire Republican party is essentially a target of a giant RICO investigation. The first Grand Jury indictment against Trump has been court sealed since before he fired Comey, and it's all about mob. Also, this investigation is a part of an international organized crime investigation (corruption, money laundering, cyber-crime, fraud, tax evasion etc.) that began with the release of Panama papers in 2015. And no, this isn't my opinion.

When all this is said and done, don't be surprised if the US ends up with president Mad Dog Mattis.

But Mueller can't arrest any politician, he can only recommend charge but it's up to congress to decide if they will be charged or not.

There's a few possible scenario:

Congress doesn't flip and republican keep excusing Trump (most likely outcome), at this point if republican admit that Trump is dirty it'll look really bad on them, whether there guilty or not and they know there going to get massacred at next election, its best for them to just keep acting like the FBI is bias and that Trump is innocent.

Congress flip, then democrat might be able to charge Trump and maybe get Pence and Ryan next (iirc Mattis is something like 7th in line)

There's a very tiny chance that we end up in a very strange scenario, if FBI comes up with large enough charge (against both Trump and rep in general) but congress doesn't move we might end up in a scenario where various branch of the government with reasonable people at the helm stop recognizing the legitimacy of the republican government and the country end up essentially in civil war, at this point the question will literally be "what will the army do".

Meiam:
But Mueller can't arrest any politician, he can only recommend charge but it's up to congress to decide if they will be charged or not.

But when he presents the entire public with the evidence that the president laundered money for Russian mafia, it's political suicide to ignore it.

Besides, Mueller and the FBI will continue to work their way to the top. That will have an effect on public opinion as well. More people already trust Mueller more than Trump and that was based on a study done after Nunes' ridiculous memo was released. There is no way out of this for Trump.

Meiam:
iirc Mattis is something like 7th in line

And yet I dropped his name. That should tell you something.

I understand why you think that Trump can get away with this. You're not used to a big political scandal like this. It seems surreal and therefore you assume the position that nothing will come of it because it would be too cinematic. But these things happen from time to time. It is a historic investigation, but it's happening.

Meiam:
scenario where various branch of the government with reasonable people at the helm stop recognizing the legitimacy of the republican government

There's actually a very realistic chance that the Republican party will cease to exist when this is over. We don't know exactly the extent of corruption and other criminality within its ranks. But they absolutely are a target of a RICO case, which means that the entire party could be indicted as a corrupt organization. That could lead to a shutdown of Republican party and a new one would have to take its place.

Adam Jensen:
But when he presents the entire public with the evidence that the president laundered money for Russian mafia, it's political suicide to ignore it.

Is it, though? And more importantly, would Republican politicians act as though it was?

It really depends on what their donors want. If Trump is sweet enough to them (and he's been pretty sweet to them so far), he'll be fine.

Adam Jensen:

That's what I'm saying, it's not. Mueller will present his finding to the entire public, the 1/3 democrat who already oppose Trump/Rep will feel vindicated, the 1/3 that's undecided will just hear "all politician are shit and we shouldn't vote" and the 1/3 republican will hear (figuratively and literally)"Corrupt and bias FBI agent trying to undermine democratically elected President and representative with fake evidence". Next election will roll in and things won't really change (the deck are heavily stacked against democrat and the rep aren't presenting child predator everywhere).

If republican do react to the finding things change slightly, the 1/3 democrat will again feel vindicated but the 1/3 undecided will hear "Republican are shit and we shouldn't vote for them" and the 1/3 republican will hear "republican admit that Trump was shit and supported him anyway for over a year despite mounting evidence, so we shouldn't vote for them". Simply put, there's no incentive whatsoever for republican to even acknowledge Mueller finding.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see for yourselves. It won't be long now.

Adam Jensen:

There's actually a very realistic chance that the Republican party will cease to exist when this is over. We don't know exactly the extent of corruption and other criminality within its ranks. But they absolutely are a target of a RICO case, which means that the entire party could be indicted as a corrupt organization. That could lead to a shutdown of Republican party and a new one would have to take its place.

That's the only part of your post I'm a bit iffy on. Don't get me wrong, this will almost definitely shake confidence in the Republican party, both publicly and politically (on a random note, why does one end with "-ly" and the other with "-ally"?). But actually destroy the Republican party? They survived Watergate, so why would this have a bigger result?

Meiam:

Adam Jensen:

That's what I'm saying, it's not. Mueller will present his finding to the entire public, the 1/3 democrat who already oppose Trump/Rep will feel vindicated, the 1/3 that's undecided will just hear "all politician are shit and we shouldn't vote" and the 1/3 republican will hear (figuratively and literally)"Corrupt and bias FBI agent trying to undermine democratically elected President and representative with fake evidence". Next election will roll in and things won't really change (the deck are heavily stacked against democrat and the rep aren't presenting child predator everywhere).

If republican do react to the finding things change slightly, the 1/3 democrat will again feel vindicated but the 1/3 undecided will hear "Republican are shit and we shouldn't vote for them" and the 1/3 republican will hear "republican admit that Trump was shit and supported him anyway for over a year despite mounting evidence, so we shouldn't vote for them". Simply put, there's no incentive whatsoever for republican to even acknowledge Mueller finding.

You're forgetting one major thing. At this point, Trump is less popular than literally every president since Truman was at the same point of their presidency. The only President to even come close to his level of being disliked is Ronald Reagan.

thebobmaster:
That's the only part of your post I'm a bit iffy on. Don't get me wrong, this will almost definitely shake confidence in the Republican party, both publicly and politically (on a random note, why does one end with "-ly" and the other with "-ally"?). But actually destroy the Republican party? They survived Watergate, so why would this have a bigger result?

Because Trump wasn't the only one who took Russian money and their help. And because there's a recording of Paul Ryan and McCharty discussing Trump. Apparently they think that Trump and Rohrabacher are on Putin's payroll and instead of notifying the FBI, they decided to keep it to themselves: https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/national/read-the-transcript-of-the-conversation-among-gop-leaders-obtained-by-the-post/2209/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_transcript-6pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Which makes them accomplices. And in a RICO case, you need far less than that to indict someone.

You also need to ask yourself that if this is publicly available, what else does the FBI have on these people? It's safe to say that they have everyone's tax returns and e-mails. Perhaps more because there were some reports that seemed to suggest the FBI had wired up moles. Then there's potential intel that was shared by allied intelligence agencies outside the US.

I'm not saying that the Republican party will definitely be destroyed, but it is a possibility worth mentioning.

Adam Jensen:
I guess you'll just have to wait and see for yourselves. It won't be long now.

Considering that's been said before every proclaimed Democrat victory that ended up as a loss for the past two years...

Adam Jensen:

thebobmaster:

Because Trump wasn't the only one who took Russian money and their help. And because there's a recording of Paul Ryan and McCharty discussing Trump. Apparently they think that Trump and Rohrabacher are on Putin's payroll and instead of notifying the FBI, they decided to keep it to themselves: https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/national/read-the-transcript-of-the-conversation-among-gop-leaders-obtained-by-the-post/2209/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_transcript-6pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Which makes them accomplices. And in a RICO case, you need far less than that to indict someone.

You also need to ask yourself that if this is publicly available, what else does the FBI have on these people? It's safe to say that they have everyone's tax returns and e-mails. Perhaps more because there were some reports that seemed to suggest the FBI had wired up moles. Then there's potential intel that was shared by allied intelligence agencies outside the US.

I'm not saying that the Republican party will definitely be destroyed, but it is a possibility worth mentioning.

Thank you for that. It's nice to see someone backing up their beliefs and statements with data. I'll admit right off that I myself can be shaky about that.

I've had this weird feeling for a while.

While there's a lot of evidence to point that Russia could have interfered with the election, I fear, truly fear, that the Russia investigation will ignore a problem that's been bubbling up for a while.

3 Rust Belt States (Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) voted Republican. I feel that the Democrats and Liberals are finding it all too tempting to blame their loss on Russia ("He cheated so Hillary should be president") while ignoring 3 democratic strongholds that haven't voted for a Republican since Reagan.

My biggest worry is that the democrats ignore or downplay what is a lot of democrats breaking ranks and leaving the party instead of trying to appeal to them. I do think that Russian meddling is a possibility. I also think a pissed off blue dog democrat who took a chance on Trump is also a possibility.

That's not to say demographics can't change or the electoral map couldn't be remade (The Election in Alabama proves that). But I do worry that if Democrats become complacent again, they leave themselves open for another upset and this time Republicans see a potential voting block waiting to be swayed.

Adam Jensen:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/media/fox-news-federal-investigation/index.html

Somebody is getting fucked.

Harder then you can imagine. It's Trump. His Organization has been subpoena'd by Mueller.

Guess who's shitting their pants right about now: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-czech-usa-russia-cybercrime/czechs-extradite-suspected-russian-hacker-nikulin-to-united-states-idUSKBN1H60VU

Aside from the hacker, who apparently fainted when he was confronted by the police. So everyone knows that he'll sing like a canary.

So, people following the ongoing, never-ending, immortal intestinal worm that is the Trump scandal (IT JUST KEEPS COMING) may have heard that the FBI raided the offices of one Michael Cohen, a lawyer who works for Trump.

This is a huge deal. I would start another thread about it to get more attention, but I feel that would be grandstanding. But, I reiterate; this is a huge deal.

See, federal investigators don't raid a lawyer's offices lightly. Attorney-client privilege is a real thing, and for most investigations they would just subpoena the documents they want, ensuring that privileged documents are quarantined so as not to affect the prosecutor's judgment. For them to go for a search warrant instead indicates two things;

1. They believe that evidence would be destroyed if requested by subpoena, and convinced a judge of that.
2. They believe that serious unlawful conduct occurred, and convinced a judge of that.

All of that is magnified immensely by the fact that the lawyer in question worked for the President of the United States. This is an incredibly aggressive move, and one that has Trump in...a bit of a tizzy. A GOP operative working at the White House speaking to Politico characterised the President's reaction as a "primal scream," adding that the president is "losing his shit" and that "we're at a different level now."

Mueller is said to be looking specifically at donations made to the Trump campaign that were handled by Cohen, and connections to potential bank fraud and money laundering charges. One of those donations is the $160,000 that was used to pay off adult film star Stormy Daniels, which Cohen claims he did alone and without the president's knowledge, and which might constitute an illegal campaign contribution if that's true, because paying for Daniels' silence during a presidential election essentially constitutes a financial contribution to Trump's campaign.

Don't get overhyped, though. Trump isn't getting impeached tomorrow. To be honest with you, this is a boiling frog situation; the heat has been climbing slowly for months and months, and we've all gotten somewhat inured to the periodic revelations of scandal to the point where just stopping and looking at what's come out is a bit of a stunning moment.

The question is; what happens when the witch hunters find some actual witches?

Well obviously the republican will just ignore the flying broom, black cat and boiling pot. Once again I ask, why wouldn't they? They know they're not winning democrat leaning voters even if they do impeach Trump, same for undecided voters. But if they do impeach Trump they'll anger Trump voter (and will depress Republican voter whose main reason to vote R is that "both side are the same anyway" which will be hard to hold when one side as an impeached president). There's just no reason for R to acknowledge all the shit Trump as done.

At this point republican just want to get as much done before the next election and then hope that they've stacked the deck for themselves enough that they can win again with just there traditional base. And when they don't think they can win... they just jump ship, like Ryan just did. He got his massive tax cut trough (which will no doubt award him some millions dollar job once he's out), so who care about balancing the budget anyway?

BTW trough all this, Trump numbers are actually going up very slightly at the moment, trade wars are popular, he can claims foreign policy win with north Korean going back to the negotiating table (which they've done many time before cause they know they can get handout in exchange for easy to break promises) and might even get a war to distract the population. Everyone who is ready to believe Trump is dirty has long ago been convinced, everyone who isn't convince now will never be no matters what, or at most just don't give a shit.

So it looks like Trump's attorney has lied for over a year about going to Prague. Now whether or not he met with Russians there is still out there. but at least that portion of the Russian Dossier appears to be true.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-prague/special-counsel-has-evidence-michael-cohen-traveled-to-prague-mcclatchy-idUSKBN1HL00J

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/17236660/michael-cohen-prague-trump-steele-dossier

Lil devils x:
So it looks like Trump's attorney has lied for over a year about going to Prague. Now whether or not he met with Russians there is still out there. but at least that portion of the Russian Dossier appears to be true.

Some publicity excerpts from Comey's upcoming memoir show Trump as being unusually fixated on the pee tape allegation.

For most people I'd chalk that up to the weird and crass nature of the allegation, but Trump has this distinctive response mechanism that kicks in when someone accuses him of something that he knows is true...which is to deny it, loudly and repeatedly, often unprompted. Look at how he reacted to the results of the popular vote, or to the photos of his inauguration, or DACA. He just keeps bringing it up, trying to make absolutely sure that everybody knows that it cannot possibly be true...which really just makes me think it totally is true. Because a lot of stuff in the dossier got denied outright when it was released, and little by little, the dossier is being validated. Now it turns out the special counsel has evidence saying that Michael Cohen did go to Prague at the time the dossier said he did. What else might turn out to be true as time goes on?

I mean, think about it. Wouldn't it be a hilarious end to his presidency if the pee tape turned out to be real? I would just start laughing, and never stop.

bastardofmelbourne:
Wouldn't it be a hilarious end to his presidency if the pee tape turned out to be real? I would just start laughing, and never stop.

The truth is far worse. Some of you wanted to know what I know. You're not gonna believe me, but fuck it. The site is dying anyway. I know that there's evidence that Trump has raped and killed a minor. I don't know if the FBI has access to the evidence, but allied intel agencies from FVEY passed the evidence to the US, most likely to the CIA so if anyone has it it's them.

The only question that I have is whether the IC will deem it too dangerous to release the evidence to the public. Personally I think they might be inclined to keep it to themselves and show it to the GOP as the nuclear option in case they try to protect Trump after he's been indicted for all the other shit that he's done.

But don't be surprised if it does come out anyway. Maybe they plan on releasing it. And Russians could release it too if Trump decides that he's got no other choice than to start attacking Putin, or if they decide that it's good for them to embarrass the US further by letting the world know that 60 million people voted for a pedophile and a murderer.

Adam Jensen:

bastardofmelbourne:
Wouldn't it be a hilarious end to his presidency if the pee tape turned out to be real? I would just start laughing, and never stop.

The truth is far worse. Some of you wanted to know what I know. You're not gonna believe me, but fuck it. The site is dying anyway. I know that there's evidence that Trump has raped and killed a minor. I don't know if the FBI has access to the evidence, but allied intel agencies from FVEY passed the evidence to the US, most likely to the CIA so if anyone has it it's them.

The only question that I have is whether the IC will deem it too dangerous to release the evidence to the public. Personally I think they might be inclined to keep it to themselves and show it to the GOP as the nuclear option in case they try to protect Trump after he's been indicted for all the other shit that he's done.

But don't be surprised if it does come out anyway. Maybe they plan on releasing it. And Russians could release it too if Trump decides that he's got no other choice than to start attacking Putin, or if they decide that it's good for them to embarrass the US further by letting the world know that 60 million people voted for a pedophile and a murderer.

Woah, man. That's some allegations you're throwing around there. I'd be the last to defend Trump but... that goes pretty far.

PsychedelicDiamond:
that goes pretty far.

I am acutely aware of that.

Adam Jensen:

PsychedelicDiamond:
that goes pretty far.

Yeah, I mean, shady business dealing are one thing, but molesting and killing a minor?
Forgive me for not taking that info as true without some external validation.
Fucked up if it's true though.

Adam Jensen:
snip

Way to make the pee tape sound moderate and plausible, dude.

In all seriousness, I would caution you against this kind of wishful credulity. There were/are a lot of people who sincerely believed that the Clintons had a kill list and that John Podesta was a Satanist. Don't turn into one of those people.

There was the Jane Doe accusation from 2016 which alleged that Trump raped a 13-year-old girl with Jeffry Epstein (a billionaire friend of Trump who is also a registered sex offender), but the woman never came forward and identified herself, so that's always been suspect. I mean, if that Jane Doe was for real, she could come out now the way Stormy Daniels did and she'd be basically untouchable; the publicity would protect her the way it protected Daniels.

bastardofmelbourne:

There was the Jane Doe accusation from 2016 which alleged that Trump raped a 13-year-old girl with Jeffry Epstein (a billionaire friend of Trump who is also a registered sex offender), but the woman never came forward and identified herself, so that's always been suspect.

It could be the same case. But I don't know that. Could also be a pattern of behavior.

Adam Jensen:

PsychedelicDiamond:
that goes pretty far.

Well, then you're probably aware that this is where things start to sound a bit... pizzagatey. Don't forget, one of the things that seperates people like me and you from people like Trump and his cronies is that we don't treat the truth as something to be disregarded whenever it's convenient. And talk about murderous, pedophilic elites is the point where some alarm bells are starting to ring and the words "citation needed" start to pop up in huge neon letters.

PsychedelicDiamond:

Adam Jensen:

PsychedelicDiamond:
that goes pretty far.

Well, then you're probably aware that this is where things start to sound a bit... pizzagatey. Don't forget, one of the things that seperates people like me and you from people like Trump and his cronies is that we don't treat the truth as something to be disregarded whenever it's convenient. And talk about murderous, pedophilic elites is the point where some alarm bells are starting to ring and the words "citation needed" start to pop up in huge neon letters.

I know. Which is why I really tried not to say anything. But it feels easier to talk about it the more shit that he's in. And since Cohen raid, he's in a lot of shit.

Adam Jensen:

bastardofmelbourne:

Well, if we're posting conspiracy theories...

Can't.Make.This.Shit.Up: https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-cohens-third-client-is-sean-hannity

Oh, and here's another one of my "conspiracy theories". Maybe I said this before, I can't be arsed to check. Hannity is a target of a counterintelligence operation. It's only a matter of time before he gets indicted in Mueller's probe.

Fox News is also under FBI investigation, but I don't know any details about what the nature of the investigation is. Wouldn't surprise me if it's related to all this mess.

Adam Jensen:
Can't.Make.This.Shit.Up: https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-cohens-third-client-is-sean-hannity

Holy crap, I just saw this too! 300 millions Americans and this idiot represents Trump and Hannity! This really is the stupid Watergate. Depending on when this happens exactly It could actually drag Hannity and maybe even Fox news into this mess.

There's a lot of talk about job becoming obsolete like driver or assembly line worker, but forget all those, screen writer and satire writer, how do you top this?!

TrulyBritish:

Adam Jensen:

PsychedelicDiamond:
that goes pretty far.

Yeah, I mean, shady business dealing are one thing, but molesting and killing a minor?
Forgive me for not taking that info as true without some external validation.
Fucked up if it's true though.

bastardofmelbourne:

Adam Jensen:
snip

Way to make the pee tape sound moderate and plausible, dude.

In all seriousness, I would caution you against this kind of wishful credulity. There were/are a lot of people who sincerely believed that the Clintons had a kill list and that John Podesta was a Satanist. Don't turn into one of those people.

There was the Jane Doe accusation from 2016 which alleged that Trump raped a 13-year-old girl with Jeffry Epstein (a billionaire friend of Trump who is also a registered sex offender), but the woman never came forward and identified herself, so that's always been suspect. I mean, if that Jane Doe was for real, she could come out now the way Stormy Daniels did and she'd be basically untouchable; the publicity would protect her the way it protected Daniels.

According to the woman who claimed she was raped by Trump at 13, she went into hiding and refused to continue due to death threats.

"Jane Doe has received numerous threats today as have all the Trump accusers that I have represented. She has decided she is too afraid to show her face. She has been here all day, ready to do it, but unfortunately she is in terrible fear. We're going to have to reschedule. I apologize to all of you who came. I have nothing further."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/02/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-13-year-old-cancels-public-event

Adam Jensen:

bastardofmelbourne:

L-M-A-O.

If any of you guys need anymore proof that Jensen is a LARPer, this has got to be the nail in that coffin.

Whitbane:
If any of you guys need anymore proof that Jensen is a LARPer, this has got to be the nail in that coffin.

What do you mean by LARPer?

To clarify, I know what LARPing is; I'm just puzzled as to how it's relevant.

In further news, Comey has released several pages of his memos publicly. There's a lot of information, which makes it hard to summarize, but here are some key highlights.

-Trump told Comey he had serious reservations about Michael Flynn, saying "The guy has serious judgment issues".

-Trump got upset with Flynn for not telling about a congratulatory phone call from Putin, saying that the six day delay was too long for a return call.

-After Flynn was fired for lying about conversations with Russians, Trump asked Comey to wrap up the inquiry quickly, saying "I hope you can see your way clearly to letting this go, to letting Flynn go."

One other thing of note is that all of Comey's notes not only have dates, but exact times for the conversations, which adds credibility to his accounts.

New York Times

bastardofmelbourne:

Whitbane:

What do you mean by LARPer?

To clarify, I know what LARPing is; I'm just puzzled as to how it's relevant.

Pretending to be some super secret sleuth with inside information on the internet.

Basically pretending to be important.

Like larping a role.

thebobmaster:
In further news, Comey has released several pages of his memos publicly. There's a lot of information, which makes it hard to summarize, but here are some key highlights.

-Trump told Comey he had serious reservations about Michael Flynn, saying "The guy has serious judgment issues".

-Trump got upset with Flynn for not telling about a congratulatory phone call from Putin, saying that the six day delay was too long for a return call.

-After Flynn was fired for lying about conversations with Russians, Trump asked Comey to wrap up the inquiry quickly, saying "I hope you can see your way clearly to letting this go, to letting Flynn go."

One other thing of note is that all of Comey's notes not only have dates, but exact times for the conversations, which adds credibility to his accounts.

New York Times

His notes just pretty much say what he had already said for the most part. I have no idea why Republicans pushed for their release when they seem to just back up what Comey has stated already adding to his credibility. I would think by all appearances that Comeys notes only strengthen his position and weakens Trumps version of events.

It is very strange though that Trump somehow thought that his notes would have anything to do with the collusion issue, but then again Trump is a strange one to begin with so who knows what all goes through his delusional mind.

Whitbane:
Basically pretending to be important.

I already told you that I'm not important. I just happen to be in a position to know a few things. As I've said, I don't live in the US. So I can't know all the things that the FBI and other US agencies know. But I work at a place where I get to know a few things about some of the evidence that's being sent over to the US and other allied nations. Sometimes it's about the Trump administration. Personally I don't have access to classified material, but it's normal for people to talk, especially colleagues. I don't know why that would be weird to you.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here