Official Special Investigation Into Trump Thread

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Basement Cat:

This is a quote I've yet to see get commented on. Doesn't Trump or, y'know, anybody in the media remember a guy named "Kenneth Starr"?

EDIT: My point being that Hillary was investigated by Starr along with everyone else by Starr back in the 90's. The Clintons have been continually investigated for a quarter century now and all the GOP/conservative hostiles have turned up were insinuations and cries of "This is smoke so there must be a fire!" including the 9 Benghazi investigations.

Hmm, maybe it's not sufficiently connected enough that I should edit this reply out.

Eh, you probably already have a missive in your inbox so I'll just leave the edited version here.

To be fair, at this point Trump making absurd generalizations and over-exaggerating things to a ridiculous degree are so common, I'd imagine that the bulk of folks outside the group going "YEAH, YOU TELL EM, TRUMP!" are just kind of pinching the bridge of their noses and saying; "Yeah, greatest witch hunt in American history, sure Trump, sure, why don't you remind us again how nobody knew health care was this complicated?" I mean, even his doctor's notes can be rife with that sort of shit, like the one from his personal physician that had said Trump would be the healthiest man ever elected President. =P He has the best cabinet ever, has accomplished the most ever, etc, etc, he's pretty blatant about it.

So the lack of discussion probably isn't so much a lack of disagreement, and more that people are sorta accustomed to him saying stuff like this. =P

tf2godz:
This is history no matter how it ends. It'll be interesting to see this play out

Want some popcorn?

The fact the man even got elected made me lose a lot of faith in fellow Americans having even a sense of common decency and baseline intelligence. The fact there's still a sizable segment of America who apparently sees nothing wrong here other then "People being mean to Trump. Unfair!" doesn't help.

But since that's the world we live in, at least I can enjoy the sour grapes of watching him suffer each and every day in a hell of his own making.

IceForce:
Well, last I heard Trump is now trying to play the victim card. He's complaining that the media are picking on him and treating him unfairly.

Diddums.

Which is shocking because no one has spent 5 years harassing him over his citizenship to my knowledge. Or called him a terrorist. Or threatened to sue him for libel. Or about 875 other things that's doesn't count when it's Trump doing it.

Redryhno:

IceForce:
Well, last I heard Trump is now trying to play the victim card. He's complaining that the media are picking on him and treating him unfairly.

Diddums.

To be fair, they have pretty much said that his wife is only with him for his money(and is the sole reason anybody would demean themselves so much as to spend any amount of time with him, much less marry), that the entire business side of his life is nothing but a con and he doesn't actually own or operate anything successful, and that his like 8 year old kid is so ugly that it's hard to imagine him not being the spawn of satan. And that was before he won the election...

Since election he's been given three shows whose sole purpose is to mock his existence, a plethora of media personalities calling Pence's "no women around me besides my wife without witnesses" stance inherently misogynistic and by extension, himself. Because nobody has ever taken a VP that has controversial stances in the history of the Presidency, and a never ending stream of hate, not ridicule, not criticism, but actual hate from pretty much everyone that is stuck in the "LEFT IS BEST, RIGHT IS EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD, NO MATTER WHAT" bullshit politics war.

It's not really that hard for a statement like "the media are picking on me" to be true in these circumstances. This went on a bit longer than I meant it to, but again, I was just trying to get the point across that it's not that far off the mark if it isn't right on it.

Also, because this is the Escapist, no, I don't support the guy, didn't vote for him either.

True, he is the whipping boy for pretty much every news commentator except those found on FOX (who are more than willing to give him a quickie when he's feeling down), but he hasn't exactly provided any fair treatment of his own. Giving Breitbart preferential seating and treatment among the White House press corp, lying on dozens if not hundreds of occasions just now, and openly mocking his opponents and calling him names, including a physically disabled reporter.. While I agree most reputable news organizations should try to avoid easy jabs and focus on the facts, he's one of the only examples we have in politics right now of someone who actually dishes it out but doesn't seem to like taking it.

Dalisclock:

IceForce:

Diddums.

Which is shocking because no one has spent 5 years harassing him over his citizenship to my knowledge. Or called him a terrorist. Or threatened to sue him for libel. Or about 875 other things that's doesn't count when it's Trump doing it.

To be fair: I'm pretty sure I have called him a terrorist a bunch of times.

Redryhno:
It's not really that hard for a statement like "the media are picking on me" to be true in these circumstances. This went on a bit longer than I meant it to, but again, I was just trying to get the point across that it's not that far off the mark if it isn't right on it.

That tends to happen when you hold a high position of power and authority that comes with a lot of public scrutiny, then bumblefuck your way into one scandal or legislative failure after another all the while playing the victim card like a toddler and refusing to take responsibility for any of the shit going down under your watch. Your point?

jklinders:
I just need some popcorn and butter. 'dis gon be goooooood.

This is what I was hoping to happen, but I did not think in my wildest dreams it would be quite this quick.

It's going this fast thanks to Trump being too fucking stupid to stop mouthing off on Twitter and incriminating himself 1 hour after the WH makes a spin to save his ass and his administration being far too compliant and sloppy because they got away with this shit as private citizens.
We are damn lucky this corruption is being done by complete morons as opposed to the competent crooks under Watergate. (Hence why it took 2 years.)

The idiot told the Russians (ofcourse) that things are fine now cause he fired Comey and is not under investigation.

I'd just sit back and relax if not for all the other times Trump was blatantly wrong, evil, and terrible and yet still got seemingly away with it.

Lilani:

True, he is the whipping boy for pretty much every news commentator except those found on FOX (who are more than willing to give him a quickie when he's feeling down), but he hasn't exactly provided any fair treatment of his own. Giving Breitbart preferential seating and treatment among the White House press corp, lying on dozens if not hundreds of occasions just now, and openly mocking his opponents and calling him names, including a physically disabled reporter.. While I agree most reputable news organizations should try to avoid easy jabs and focus on the facts, he's one of the only examples we have in politics right now of someone who actually dishes it out but doesn't seem to like taking it.

Of course, I never meant to say or imply that the guy hasn't done things that are worth making fun of or criticizing, just that the guy's been firmly in the public political eye for about a year and a half now, and I'd really love literally anything else to be talked about other than how stupid his wife is for being a gender traitor or how his hair or skin make him look like a fuzzy orange. Or how quotes surrounded by ellipsis and parenthesis are constantly brought up as proof of his complete and utter lacking of basic humanity.

I'm just sick of the bitching about his existence, is all. Yeah, he was elected and you hate him, I get it. Yes, he has more than a few reasons for you to despise him. But it's become white noise to me to the point that I'm honestly starting to just hear a bunch of fuzzy orange jokes anytime anyone talks about him. And that's not because of his side's glowing resumes or perfect recordings. Bias is fine, it's just a question of degrees.

Also I remember seeing stuff in the same vein with Obama coming from the other ear, only real difference is that those people were shouted down and told to fuck off. Which I feel sorta feel helped lead to the current state of affairs, but that's a different discussion.

Not to mention you know exactly what happens when someone claims Republican(or equivalent) on this site. Hell, even saying some pretty tame things like you don't think healthcare should be government controlled or mandated anymore than any other industry/service/etc. gets you all sorts of shit thrown your way around here.

BeetleManiac:

Redryhno:

That tends to happen when you hold a high position of power and authority that comes with a lot of public scrutiny, then bumblefuck your way into one scandal or legislative failure after another all the while playing the victim card like a toddler and refusing to take responsibility for any of the shit going down under your watch. Your point?

That there's a question of degrees is all I've said. One is to be a regular figure of mocking and criticism(which is he is eligible for). And what we have with Trump is somewhere in the ballpark of half a comedy channel dedicated to bashing him and anyone that shares any of his ideas, all but like two major news networks that spend pretty much all their time nit-picking and bitching, and you've got more than a few people that will basically do anything because they don't see you as worthy of the basic etiquette simply because they've decided it's okay that they do it. Which is doubly hilarious because I'm seeing alot of the same people that bitch about shittalk online, whether in-game or not, never being okay, saying it's perfectly alright to berate and demean anyone that think differently from them on this topic.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be, just that is it really necessary to go this far for this clown?

Basement Cat:

Peace.

BTW: It's 'she', isn't it?

No idea, girls don't exist on the internet, ya know.

@Redrhyno: I am calling Trump a hypocrite. He trash talks EVERYONE but flips out when he gets it back at him? If he wants to take issue with what people say, fine. But using the excuse "They are picking on me" is not fair for a bully to use.

Maybe he should try using actual facts, not "alternative" ones. Oh, and making sure those facts are on his side by NOT being a treasonous piece of garbage.

And defending Trump like you do, well, you say you do not support him, but you're doing a poor job of proving that. Cant have your cake and eat it too. A terrible phrase that doesnt really make sense literally, but I am tired of people who defend Trump but want to avoid the baggage that comes with it.

What really fucking bugs me about all this is how the people who voted for Trump just don't care. They just don't. You cannot make these people actually give a shit about what the man they voted for is up to right now, and that frustrates me.

I mean, I think Zontar said this in another thread, but it stuck with me; he said that it would take "a lot more than this," roughly paraphrased, for him to dump Trump. Why? What threshold of evidence will actually fucking convince these people that the guy's an asshole?

It's like, pick an issue you care about. Healthcare? Tax reform? Foreign interventions? Saudi Arabia? Gay rights? Religion in politics? Transparency? Drone strikes? Chinese currency manipulation? Prosecuting Clinton? I could go on and on and on. It's just an endless parade of lies and hypocrisy. So why do people ignore that?

What's the basis for this kind of unconditional trust? What has Trump done to deserve this kind of blind loyalty from his voters? Why don't they care when he lies? Why don't they care when he screws them over? Why don't they care?

bastardofmelbourne:
What really fucking bugs me about all this is how the people who voted for Trump just don't care. They just don't. You cannot make these people actually give a shit about what the man they voted for is up to right now, and that frustrates me.

I mean, I think Zontar said this in another thread, but it stuck with me; he said that it would take "a lot more than this," roughly paraphrased, for him to dump Trump. Why? What threshold of evidence will actually fucking convince these people that the guy's an asshole?

It's like, pick an issue you care about. Healthcare? Tax reform? Foreign interventions? Saudi Arabia? Gay rights? Religion in politics? Transparency? Drone strikes? Chinese currency manipulation? Prosecuting Clinton? I could go on and on and on. It's just an endless parade of lies and hypocrisy. So why do people ignore that?

What's the basis for this kind of unconditional trust? What has Trump done to deserve this kind of blind loyalty from his voters? Why don't they care when he lies? Why don't they care when he screws them over? Why don't they care?

I think a lot of it comes down to the current state of American political discourse. We've become a set of isolated echo chambers. Anything worth listening to only comes from those who already espouse our views and anything said by the other side is automatically known to be a lie.

I'm afraid the great truth is that facts do not speak for themselves and can be ignored whenever it is convenient to do so. Healthcare might _MIGHT_ be the weak spot in the whole mess because a lot of people actually are willing to pay attention to it because it directly affects their lives. And that fiasco is being pinned on the members of Congress, not Trump.

The internet has taken us into a whole new world. One devoid of facts and where one's gut instincts override reality itself. Nyarlathotep laughs as his plans come to fruition.

bastardofmelbourne:
You cannot make these people actually give a shit about what the man they voted for is up to right now, and that frustrates me.

They didn't care about countless of issues before the election either. They didn't care about the fact that he was a longtime Democrat with a long history of criminal behavior and that he's been a massive asshole and literally a con artist his entire life.

bastardofmelbourne:

At this point it's about pride. Evidence be damned. They simply can't admit that they were wrong about him. Not ever. Deep down it's obvious even to them that Trump is a sociopathic lying piece of shit. He's broken every promise that he ever gave them. They know that, they must know that. But they can't admit it because they'd be admitting that millions of people who told them so were smarter than them. And nobody likes to admit that they've done something stupid and then stuck with it for so long despite everyone else telling them how stupid it is. And the longer that continues the harder it will be for them to admit it. If Trump gets impeached or removed from office by other means, they will probably still support him and they'll construct conspiracy theories and narratives that support their deluded version of events in which they are the smart ones. On a deeper level, this is about emotional maturity. And I'm afraid that a lot of people in the US just aren't very emotionally mature these days.

bastardofmelbourne:

Cause they are bigots.

Saelune:
Cause they are bigots.

Man, there's gotta be more to it than that. I refuse to believe that there are sixty million people in the US who are willing to shoot themselves in the dick because bigotry.

Sorry. I've had a lot of in-person arguments about Trump just recently. They frustrate and confuse me, and every now and then I go into Debate Mode and end up either losing a friend or humiliating one.

bastardofmelbourne:

Saelune:
Cause they are bigots.

Man, there's gotta be more to it than that. I refuse to believe that there are sixty million people in the US who are willing to shoot themselves in the dick because bigotry.

Sorry. I've had a lot of in-person arguments about Trump just recently. They frustrate and confuse me, and every now and then I go into Debate Mode and end up either losing a friend or humiliating one.

You're not alone there, but thankfully I haven't had any friends who support him. It was weird enough just running into one at work yesterday who insisted on listening to his 'Commencement Speech' when I wanted to mute his shameless self-promotion and told me, without irony, that 'he is the best thing to ever happen to this country!'. I couldn't press her for an explanation because I had to go throw up after, but I probably wouldn't have anyway. Heard quite enough of that already.

I would assume she would say that because she's assuming he will eventually accomplish his implied goals of restoring America to the world's top financial power, banning abortion, and stopping almost all immigration... and she considers those goals to be something that would benefit the country. That, or she considered the alternative to be worse (Clinton was a weak candidate, but in this case you had the unfortunate choice between substandard water and lethal poison).

But maybe I give too much credit. Maybe they actually believe him when he says that everything he's ever done has been a resounding success 'better than anyone else, I always win!', that he's got some kind of infinite luck factor on his side. He's certainly been very, very lucky throughout life... but no amount of luck can let you survive this many stupid, arrogant decisions. Unless the prosecutor and everyone involved suddenly dies of a heart attack.

Redryhno:
I'm not saying he shouldn't be, just that is it really necessary to go this far for this clown?

He's the president of the United States. He's running the Oval Office like his own personal corporate fiefdom. He's defiant of the system of checks and balances. He has admitted that he stupidly thought this job would be easy, betraying his complete ignorance of the workings of our government. Too right it's necessary. This greedy lecher works for us now, whether he likes it or not.

bastardofmelbourne:

There are motives beneath the surface that most of them won't admit to if they're even aware of them. Some people are bigots who just hate that much. They don't care what damage Trump does to them, as long as the people they hate get it worse. Others see this as their last hope of turning back the clock to an allegedly simpler time. Some are afraid and think that an authoritarian "strong man" is the only one who can save them. In coal country, they have the existential horror of obsolescence. The Republican party has really become the party of the hegemony of the mediocre white guy, so of course mediocre white guys are going to stick with the party through thick and thin.

This isn't even counting the sunk cost fallacy applying to decision-making in general. I can imagine it's particularly strong in this example because Trump promised America change for the better, and instead all he's done is worsen the status quo that everyone was sick of. Some people are holding out hope that they didn't just prove guys like you and me right and vote against their own self-interest.

And I'm sure there's a percentage of Trump supporters who don't care that he's an unrepentant asshole because so are they. And assholes never like the idea that other people just plain don't want to deal with their shit.

bastardofmelbourne:

Because as much as he'll hurt them, he'll hurt POC, women, migrants, LGBT folk, etc. more. He'll take away women's rights, trample over POC's ability vote, back up every policeman who sees a black person and draws his gun.

And that's all they really want. They want the Trumps America where being a crappy racist, sexist, all-in-all bigoted piece of trash is something they can get away with, because their president enables that.

Adam Jensen:
pride

This cannot be understated, pride is the main weakness of all of us. We have all been on that position where we chose to died on that Hill. In fact I honestly feel Democrats Pride was the main reason trump won mostly under estimating him and betting all their money on Clinton
. And now Pride is bringing the Republican Party Down hard.

bastardofmelbourne:

Saelune:
Cause they are bigots.

Slavery took (edit: Many, not just the US had slavery) war to end. The Nazis (as a government power) took a war to end. And even then, neither were truly ended purely on the opposition of their bigotry.

bastardofmelbourne:

Because this is what we expect of the electorate. Hell, people here are mad that anybody critiqued Clinton, we were supposed to vote for her and be happy about how good she was. The voters were picking a liar no matter what. If you're starting from the position that no candidate is even remotely truthful, why get mad when they lie?

BeetleManiac:

Redryhno:

He's the president of the United States. He's running the Oval Office like his own personal corporate fiefdom. He's defiant of the system of checks and balances. He has admitted that he stupidly thought this job would be easy, betraying his complete ignorance of the workings of our government. Too right it's necessary. This greedy lecher works for us now, whether he likes it or not.

bastardofmelbourne:

There are motives beneath the surface that most of them won't admit to if they're even aware of them. Some people are bigots who just hate that much. They don't care what damage Trump does to them, as long as the people they hate get it worse. Others see this as their last hope of turning back the clock to an allegedly simpler time. Some are afraid and think that an authoritarian "strong man" is the only one who can save them. In coal country, they have the existential horror of obsolescence. The Republican party has really become the party of the hegemony of the mediocre white guy, so of course mediocre white guys are going to stick with the party through thick and thin.

This isn't even counting the sunk cost fallacy applying to decision-making in general. I can imagine it's particularly strong in this example because Trump promised America change for the better, and instead all he's done is worsen the status quo that everyone was sick of. Some people are holding out hope that they didn't just prove guys like you and me right and vote against their own self-interest.

And I'm sure there's a percentage of Trump supporters who don't care that he's an unrepentant asshole because so are they. And assholes never like the idea that other people just plain don't want to deal with their shit.

you forgot about the people that voted for trump because they thought it would be funny.

bastardofmelbourne:

Saelune:
Cause they are bigots.

Some of it is tribal loyalty, some of it is they don't want to devote the time and brain power into studying politics, but mostly the economy has left them behind, squeezed their wages and job prospects for decades, politicians have ignored them and Trump sounds like a truthsayer, not a politician. They want the American Dream back, they know Democrats or Republicans politicians won't do anything to bring it back, and a charismatic figure is claiming solutions to do that. The triumph of hope over experience. Good luck telling such people to give up hope.

lionsprey:
you forgot about the people that voted for trump because they thought it would be funny.

That was deliberate. The less I think of those people the happier I am.

bastardofmelbourne:

Generally? In my experience, when stuff like that happens, people rarely have a problem with the actual 'problem,' and instead have it with the person. The problems themselves are just a convenient means of expressing their problem with the person.

It's why I'm really not surprised when Trump ends up doing something he literally said was a bad thing back when Obama did it. Trump never thought it was a bad thing, it was all about ammunition. Obama going golfing or on vacation was a huge problem... until Trump spent 8 years of Obama vacation money in a handful of months, then it was fine. Data security was a huge problem when it came to the Clinton campaign e-mails... buuuuut it doesn't matter that Trump's administration seems to have some gaping weaknesses. War, again, huge problem as Clinton was a warhawk... buuuut it's fine that Trump looks to be actually opting for more aggressive tactics than the prior administration and never showed any signs of actually being a PEACEFUL candidate. Oh, government keeping things from their citizens, that's horrible, but- oh, why should it matter that the Trump administration has actually reduced transparency across the board? Ethics, ethics, ethics, Trump is gonna drain the swamp and- oh now we don't care about the fact that nothing substantial is being done and the conflicts of interest are as bad as ever, if not worse.

As for the voting base itself, well... keep in mind there's an underlying layer of distrust and deliberate, hands over ears, 'NYAH NYAH NYAH NOT LISTENING!' that means you first need to convince them a given issue is even happening. How many times have you seen someone scoff at an article because the source is one they don't trust, even as they post links from sources that are, at best just as biased or dubious as those they refuse to heed? Getting through to a very dedicated supporter is a three step process; first you need to convince them it's real. Then you need to convince them it's worse than what Obama did. Then you need to convince them Trump is on board and this isn't somehow the Democrats. Only AFTER those three steps will they promptly insist the issue doesn't matter anyway and start ranting about Benghazi. =P

I will say, though, that I do have fallacies of my own. In that while I don't find Trudeau to be that much of a prize all things considered (usual politician bullshittery,) I'd still take him over another term of Harper in a heartbeat. =P It can make it difficult, when viewing any of the shit Trudeau himself has pulled, not to fall back on 'Well Fuck, At Least It's Not Another Conservative Majority, Amirite?!' Although I'm of the opinion that no party should have a majority government, and the differing viewpoints should actually learn to, y'know, negotiate and get along and shit so one doesn't feel like they can do whatever they damn well please.

Saelune:
The idiot told the Russians (ofcourse) that things are fine now cause he fired Comey and is not under investigation.

I'd just sit back and relax if not for all the other times Trump was blatantly wrong, evil, and terrible and yet still got seemingly away with it.

To be fair, those sycophantic yes-men he surrounds himself with do seem to get burned pretty regularly, so hopefully a few more can get taken out before his karms houdini license finally expires.

Dalisclock:

tf2godz:
This is history no matter how it ends. It'll be interesting to see this play out

Want some popcorn?

In Pittsburgh, we sell popcorn with peanut butter and chocolate on it.

Redryhno:
Snip

Red, the bitching will not stop until he's gone, maybe. Consider the huge mistreatment[1] of Obama, and how all this crap about the emails, the emails, the emails want on and led to basically NOTHING. Why the everloving hell should we be lenient about an actually hateful and brain-damaged man? No no no no... It's going to be burned into everybody's brains that people fucked up and they'd better not forget it. With no offense to you at all, the irritation means that it's working.

bastardofmelbourne:

Saelune:
Cause they are bigots.

That was largely the only logical explanation to be had from the election. That many people are that dumb.

[1] Read as 'Disgustingly Racist'.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/22/netanyahus-face-trump-outed-israel-source-leaked-intel-priceless.html

Apparently Trump just up and confirmed--publicly and clearly without getting a go-ahead from Netenyahu--that Israel was the source of the intelligence that Trump leaked to Russia.

O-M-G!

The Israeli Prime Minister threw a fit when several Israeli political party heads announced that they weren't going to show up to receive President Trump. Now Netanyahu is finding that Trump may be the kind of ally who's worse than an enemy.

Overall, I expect this latest turn of events will only fuel the fire for Republicans desiring a change towards Pence.

Basement Cat:
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/22/netanyahus-face-trump-outed-israel-source-leaked-intel-priceless.html

Apparently Trump just up and confirmed--publicly and clearly without getting a go-ahead from Netenyahu--that Israel was the source of the intelligence that Trump leaked to Russia.

O-M-G!

The Israeli Prime Minister threw a fit when several Israeli political party heads announced that they weren't going to show up to receive President Trump. Now Netanyahu is finding that Trump may be the kind of ally who's worse than an enemy.

Overall, I expect this latest turn of events will only fuel the fire for Republicans desiring a change towards Pence.

i think netanyahu's face is priceless when trump said it haha

FalloutJack:

Redryhno:
Snip

Red, the bitching will not stop until he's gone, maybe. Consider the huge mistreatment[1] of Obama, and how all this crap about the emails, the emails, the emails want on and led to basically NOTHING. Why the everloving hell should we be lenient about an actually hateful and brain-damaged man? No no no no... It's going to be burned into everybody's brains that people fucked up and they'd better not forget it. With no offense to you at all, the irritation means that it's working.

The irritation means that I'm becoming more and more open to the bullshit his administration spews simply because in comparison to the non-stop bitching, it sounds coherent(yeah, sounds insane doesn't it?). And I very much dislike that that's happening. A similar thing happened with Obama's administration back when I was in high school in his first term, the only difference here is that the bitching largely died down within a few months after taking office. And it was never this big outside of communities that all thought the same thing anyways.

Doesn't help that anytime I say anything that isn't completely condemning of any and everything he's so much as looked at, I'm apparently just a Trump supporter and hate-filled shithole that just wants Muslims and gays to be tied to a stick and tire-fired. I'm irritated because nothing I say matters to that mentality and I'm getting more and more bullshit thrown my way on this site and anywhere else politics shows up because that mentality apparently can't cope with anything other than unending hate.

The irritation is making me want less and less to do with anyone that claims to be left. That doesn't mean "it's working". It means that as much as I am pro-people-living-their-lives-without-obstacles-due-simply-to-their-background, they're losing my support towards those things because I don't feel anyone is doing it for the right reasons anymore. Because this is the attitude and treatment you get for thinking that kind of progress is something you work towards bit by bit, gathering support and, at the absolute least, getting understanding from enough of the people that are against it so you can more easily get to the next item on the list.

[1] Read as 'Disgustingly Racist'.

Basement Cat:

Do you not think that sending Trump into the Middle East to make speeches kind of counts as an assassination attempt by the Republican Party itself? Because if someone asked me for a way to get rid of Trump without resorting to direct violence, sending him to speak in volatile areas full of people he has spoken badly about would be it.

Maybe you guys should send him to the Ukraine next. I can see that going down well...

Basement Cat:

O-M-G!

Allegedly, he called the press back to make that claim, too.

So, if true, he made an off-the-cuff remark about something no one claimed in knowing since it was assumed that's where the intel came from. So, now everyone knows that it's from Mossad, and I bet Netenyahu is going to do some mild damage control with party leaders, and his own intel community depending how the info was gathered.

I will say, I don't think Netenyahu is going to drop Trump over this since we do support Israel on a lot of things, so I think he's going to have to be careful in how he treats Trump from here on out. Whether he likes it or not.

sigh.. apparently its just come out that the silly muppet asked the director of the NSA and the director of national intelligence to publicly deny russian collusion.

they refused

according to an intelligence official "The problem wasn't so much asking them to issue statements, it was asking them to issue false statements about an ongoing investigation,"

Basement Cat:

O-M-G!

Is he trying to piss off everyone that isn't a diehard voter of his? Now Inu-Kun is gonna have a reason to hate him along with everyone else.

Redryhno:
Snip

Well, it's not going to go away until you listen. I'm sorry, but people don't stop complaining when there's a problem and it only gets worse as the problem gets worse.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here