Bluray player in a PC: How do you watch movies?

Got me a PC with a Bluray player on Windows 10. How do I watch movies?

There are plugins for VLC though I'm not sure how reliable they are. The most reliable route is probably to use PowerDVD though it's not free unless it comes bundled with your computer or drive.

SnowyGamester:
There are plugins for VLC though I'm not sure how reliable they are. The most reliable route is probably to use PowerDVD though it's not free unless it comes bundled with your computer or drive.

Thanks! I'll give that (VLC)a try. PowerDVD a little rich for me: easier to just get an Xbox S when they're all sale. Comes with UHD player built in.

EDIT: Rats. Can't find aacs at this time :-( Got the VLC player. Won't open a bluray. Dangit.

Maybe you could try this slightly more wonky method.

There's also plenty of grey market keys for PowerDVD going cheap on eBay. If I decide I ever need to play a Bluray on my PC that's probably where I'll go.

Odd that you didn't get any software with your player. My old OEM Blu-Ray drive came with a copy of Power-DVD. At any rate, there is a free and easy option. http://www.leawo.com/blu-ray-player/ I've not used it so I can't vouch for it but my understanding that it works but will pester you with ads to buy the company's other software.

My experience is don't bother. When I tried, the software was always crashing, or the DRM was throwing a fit, or the video was just badly washed out compared to a regular player.

You can get a stand-alone player for like $40 these days.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here