Banned from my minecraft server. I have nothing to do now. Constantly upset.

Hello, I used to frequent our local Minecraft server 'Escapia'. My name was Herpmyderp, and I had many friends and put 48+ hours a week into Minecraft.

You may not understand why someone would spend 16 hours of their day on a game. I don't really have a real social life now that Uni is finished. I'm socially retarded, It's hard for me to be social.

My ban was for being an asshole to the mods of the server, yet most of the mods like me, and the actual reason for my ban was telling a new mod that I don't like them. This was because they enjoyed summoning me to my death for reasons beyond silly.

So most people would move on or not even care, but I put so much effort into that server, I made friends who I enjoyed the company of. Much more enjoyable then People I have met in my life.. It's hard for me to just take it and leave. I feel betrayed.

You probably still wouldn't understand why I'm so upset so I feel I need to explain myself more. I have what I can describe only as deep seeded abandonment issues. This is more or less due to events in my life including: Parents breaking up as small child, mothers death, kicked out of house I grew up in, and all my real life friends have abandoned me as well. If it wasn't for my father, I would truly be completely alone.

I'm not entirely sure why I have created this topic, I want advice on what to do with my life now, but I also want some support in another dark hour of my life.

I know its just a game... I just.. I don't even know any more.

Thanks for reading a mopey wall of text.

Escapia? Is that our server?
Wouldn't be that hard to find the people you made friends with.

Pararaptor:
Escapia? Is that our server?
Wouldn't be that hard to find the people you made friends with.

Yes I'm friends with most of them on escapist now, but I loved the server, not just the people.

I spent weeks building things that I will never see again. With friends..

If you spent weeks writing a beautiful novel, more then 8 hours a day spent putting love and effort in to it, then someone burns it all away. That's one comparison I guess.

DPunch4:
Yes I'm friends with most of them on escapist now, but I loved the server, not just the people.

I spent weeks building things that I will never see again. With friends..

If you spent weeks writing a beautiful novel, more then 8 hours a day spent putting love and effort in to it, then someone burns it all away. That's one comparison I guess.

You could try & see if you could convince at least some of them to go with a new private server?
Alternatively, a proxy or dynamic IP?

I'm sorry but I refuse to buy a new account to pretend I'm someone else. Also, we have vent, and that's one reason why I made so many friends.

Why were you banned?

DPunch4:
I'm sorry but I refuse to buy a new account to pretend I'm someone else. Also, we have vent, and that's one reason why I made so many friends.

No no, that's not what I meant.
Go to a new private server, try & convince some of them to join?

Ossian:
Why were you banned?

I was banned because I told a moderator That I don't like them. If you read my post you would understand.

Pararaptor:

DPunch4:

No no, that's not what I meant.
Go to a new private server, try & convince some of them to join?

Well I guess that would be ok, but they have all put so much work into that server themselves. It really is a great server, Just the guy that runs it decided to hate me :(.

Man up and send an apology email to the mod, make nice. I've modded servers before, and I know if someone actually apologized to me I'd let them back.

Something tells me this wasn't one sided, no one just bans someone because they spontaneously didn't like someone.

If its such a great server you can humble yourself to play it, if it isn't worth that then why are you talking to us?

Apologise to the Mod. And talk to the others if you feel it was an unfair ban.

Two options:

1) Apologise to the Mod and try to level with him in the apology and meet him half way, if you know what I mean. That way you won't be seeming condescending or arse-licking.

2) Find a way to contact those friends and set up your own server with them, and depending on how many of them there are, make them all mods. Set up your own Vent channel as well.

My advise is talk to the other moderators, or whoever hosts the server. I think that's Kross, actually. Tell them your situation, because that's silly. You can not like someone and still respect them. Now, if you were doing something else you aren't eluding to here and that's why you got banned, that's different but I do not think you should have been banned for simply saying you do not like said moderator. :3

If there was anything else I've done I have not been confronted on it.

The person who banned me wasn't a damn mod. The mods like me. It's the guy who owns Escapecraft.

I've had troubles before, but that was all settled. Don't tell me to man up and bloody apologize.!

I wasn't confronted or accused. I was banned from the server and the forums, WITHOUT warning! He doesn't want me to apologize! Defending my case was never presented as an option. And why should I try to get through to someone who has it out for me?

Aylaine:
My advise is talk to the other moderators, or whoever hosts the server. I think that's Kross, actually. Tell them your situation, because that's silly. You can not like someone and still respect them. Now, if you were doing something else you aren't eluding to here and that's why you got banned, that's different but I do not think you should have been banned for simply saying you do not like said moderator. :3

The person who hosts the server is Wokka1, I heard he already stated that I don't deserve a ban in the mod forums. But sneaky (Admin) Wouldn't let up.

Damn, sorry about the ban man, it sounds pretty unfair to me.

Only thing I can think of is to try to make some kind of a compromise with Sneaky. Were you already a donator?

EDIT: Also, what Aylaine said sounds like a good idea.

DPunch4:

Aylaine:

The person who hosts the server is Wokka1, I heard he already stated that I don't deserve a ban in the mod forums. But sneaky (Admin) Wouldn't let up.

Shouldn't the person who hosts the server be higher then the actual admin? :x

Sneaky is the person who started the server, Wokka1 volunteered to host it months after sneakypie started it.

Damn man, you were a regular. If I can do some server-fu and get a server running through my residence you are welcome to play.
I would also give it a few weeks and PM sneaky asking for an appeal.

Hmm, I used to play a server on a different game, was great friends with the player base, and some of the mods, but the admin, and a few of the "Veteran" players extremely disliked me and I got banned for lashing out at them after multiple incidents, some of them my own fault, some of them not. (I manned up to them when they were my fault though)

Well, you could try using a proxy, or dynamic IP if you want to play on the server that much, though that will only temporarily solve the problem. You mentioned past incidents you manned up to, what were they?

From what I understand, it's one of those people who have the information, but don't feel like giving it up because they feel it isn't worth their time, or personal feelings are involved. Still though, even IF you didn't do anything wrong, you should at least confront him about it in a CIVIL manner and ask "why did you ban me?"

Hell, if I was banned for every time I said to a moderator "I don't like you" I'd be considered a troll. (course I usually follow up that comment with "but I respect what you're doing/that you are moderating/etc.")

From the sounds of it though, you have little respect for the guys, and no desire to appologize. The only things you can do if you really want to play on this server is dodge the IP ban, or get a petition started/possibly get Wokka1 to take the server down. (Or appologize, but you already stated that you would prefer not to play before you do that.)

That's the joy of being a host, the Admin has the power, the scripter has the respect that the Admin fails to have, but the host technically controls what goes on. If the Admin tries to rule over the host, the host can pull the plug and say "enough is enough, -I- host your server at the detriment of -MY- computer possibly getting hacked/destroyed/damaged/etc."

But as we all know, power corrupts. I see DMs and Mods usually doing a lot more work than the Admin ever does. (even with that being said, there are some good Admins out there who really do care about the populace. Usually these people didn't start the server, but instead inherited it, or were asked to take over.)

[quote="DPunch4" post="538.254418.9494831"]snippet/quote]

Don't worry, I've been suspended for saying I didn't like someone too and had my name shortened.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked