What is the best beginner class in WoW?

So yeah, I started playing world of warcraft like 5 hours ago, I kept creating and deleting characters since most of them doesn't feel right. So guys, Help me out here...

What do you think is the best Character to a WoW Virgin like me?

Thank you in Advance.

Mages are pretty easy to start. They are very self-sufficient, good at survival, and are a fairly brainless "point n shoot" class if you aren't interested in min/maxing. Put your talents in the Frost tree for leveling and you shouldn't have much of a problem.

My other suggestion would be a Shaman using the Elemental tree. Elemental Shaman are similar to Mages but also have the ability to heal and aren't as good at survival.

i vote paladin. in the end u can be anything (dps, healz, tank). the only problem is theres way to many of them out there.

Lets see... Beginner classes in Cata content...

Only going to really cover the most beginner friendly spec per class. =3
Pick ones that you are more interested in.

Hunter - Beast Mastery
Always a good choice, cannot go wrong with this. Can do most non-instance content solo.
(The other two specs are so far behind in terms of leveling. brilliant for endgame though)

Mage - Frost
Probably the best beginner friendly caster due to it having the most self-preservation abilities.
As will all casters, be prepared to die more frequently, even better players can attest to this. =3
(Fire is also viable, but is far more easy to get yourself killed with)

Warlock - Demonology
Cross between a Hunter and a Mage in terms of playstyle. In the right hands can solo just as well.
(Destro is like a fire mage, glass-cannon included. Affliction relies on lifedrain to operate properly)

Priest - Shadow
While not really a beginner friendly spec, it is the only spec this class has that is proficient in doing damage.
(The other two specs specialize in healing, if you intend to heal, take a look)

Warrior - Protection
While normally used for Tanking, it is still the better spec in terms of learning the class due to it being able to take lots of punishment.
(Arms and Fury are still viable, but are more susceptible to dying)

Paladin - Protection
See Warrior. Has self-healing capabilities.
(Ret is just as viable, but can have a tendency to be a bit of a glass-cannon. Holy is a healer =3)

Rogue - Combat
While I don't recommend Rogues to beginners, combat is probably the most beginner friendly.
(All rogues have a large learning curve, as well as being as squishy as most caster)

Druid - Um... yeah
Balance, see casters.
Feral(Bear) See protection warrior.
Feral(Cat) See rogue
Resto, Healer

Shaman - Enhancement
Works like a melee-hybrid. dual-wielding melee class that has a few spells and heals at its disposal.
(Elemental, see casters. Resto, healer)

Death Knight - Not Applicable

To wrap things up.
If you enjoy soloing, pick something that does it well on top of something you like.
If you like group dungeons (Instances) Healers and Tanks are always in short supply. =3

Edit:
Also, it is quite hard to get a feel of most classes until you have been playing them for a bit.
Level 20 is probably the average for this as most classes take about this long to get there core skill/talents.

hunters are almost certainly the easiest characters to level.

If you're planning to play endgame, figure out what you want to be, and pick that, (but bear in mind, you'll want to level in their respective DPS spec, whatever you plan to ultimately do)

Want to heal? shammy/priest/druid/paladin

Want to tank? paladin/warrior/driud

Wanna DPS? be anything you want

Want to have options? paladin/druid/warrior/shammy/priest

-m

What Azure Sky said is a good choice to go by. If you want to never die unless some max level player comes along, go with the hunter. The druid is a nice class too based soley upon thier vast amount of options. A well played druid can end up on the broken levels, but you really have to know the class. Mastering the Hunter and Mage also take quite alot of know how as well.

RiouChan:
So yeah, I started playing world of warcraft like 5 hours ago, I kept creating and deleting characters since most of them doesn't feel right. So guys, Help me out here...

Thank you in Advance.

I would say warrior or hunter. They're pretty easy classes to grasp on, and most people can pick them up and go with it I would think. During my time playing WoW, those 2 classes were considered the ez mode of the bunch. :o

Pet classes are nice and easy, Hunter or Warlock. Mage is pretty easy to start off with also. Rogue or Warrior are self-explanatory, but they're a little more difficult because they're close combat and lack healing abilites. Avoid Priest, Shaman or Druid on your first go. Priest is horrid at soloing, and Shaman and Druid are rather complex. Paladin is also kind of complex, but not horribly so.

Once you get a feel for the interface, you can try branching out. Just for the record, my first character was a warlock.

So, Either a troll or a Dwarf Hunter.

Thank you so much everyone. :D

Aylaine:

RiouChan:

Thank you in Advance.

I would say warrior or hunter. They're pretty easy classes to grasp on, and most people can pick them up and go with it I would think. During my time playing WoW, those 2 classes were considered the ez mode of the bunch. :o

I would disagree with warrior. It is an easy start but their mechanics and "finer play" makes them a tad harder later on I think.

Warrior was my first class back in the early release days of vanilla wow, and I had such a hard time playing him correctly. Granted I was a huge Noob back then though :P But out of all the tank classes and DPS classes I have played Warrior is not close to being easiest :(

I would suggest going for a Shaman, they are pretty straight forward these days, and with the lvl 10 specializations the shaman don't have to wait ages to shine. The Shaman can't tank, but he can do whatever else :P Ranged and Melee DPS and Healing.
The Shaman don't have to many complicated things going on early game, so they should teach you the basics very early on. :)

Matt_LRR:
hunters are almost certainly the easiest characters to level.

If you're planning to play endgame, figure out what you want to be, and pick that, (but bear in mind, you'll want to level in their respective DPS spec, whatever you plan to ultimately do)

Want to heal? shammy/priest/druid/paladin

Want to tank? paladin/warrior/driud

Wanna DPS? be anything you want

Want to have options? paladin/druid/warrior/shammy/priest

-m

Aye, dis.

Hunters have pets and the pets act like your own personal tank when you're questing.
Or paladins, as they can both heal AND hit things pretty hard.

Both stay up well solo.

You don't want the easiest class to play. You want the best class for you to play. It doesn't matter if you have the most OP super class ever if you don't enjoy how it works.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked