Tattoo

Pages PREV 1 2

artanis_neravar:
May I ask why I should stay away from the Kingdom Hearts tattoos? Would it help if I mentioned that I am an adult and know full well what I am getting into? Also that I have liked these things for years, and even if they release a newer crap game I would still enjoy the old ones and that is what the symbols would mean to me.

Liking something that happened five years ago is one thing, but we're talking a lifetime here, not just another few years. You seem to be arguing with everyone that has given you an answer. You asked for input and you're arguing with it, which is pointless because we don't actually care what you get or where you put it, we are just trying to help you.

You might not care about the opinions of those who think the Kingdom hearts things are somewhat phallic, but people asking you about it would get tedious and irritating very quickly, if it's something you're having on show. If it's something no one is going to see then it doesn't matter so much.

Moreover if you don't know what to have then why do you want a tattoo at all? How is a media product something truly meaningful to you? Does it represent a major point in your life, or are you just fancying a tattoo and those are the only designs you like at the moment? It's a serious decision, and it doesn't matter how much of an adult you think you are now if in twenty years people are asking you why you have a phallic heart thing on you.

Galletea:

artanis_neravar:
May I ask why I should stay away from the Kingdom Hearts tattoos? Would it help if I mentioned that I am an adult and know full well what I am getting into? Also that I have liked these things for years, and even if they release a newer crap game I would still enjoy the old ones and that is what the symbols would mean to me.

Liking something that happened five years ago is one thing, but we're talking a lifetime here, not just another few years. You seem to be arguing with everyone that has given you an answer. You asked for input and you're arguing with it, which is pointless because we don't actually care what you get or where you put it, we are just trying to help you.

You might not care about the opinions of those who think the Kingdom hearts things are somewhat phallic, but people asking you about it would get tedious and irritating very quickly, if it's something you're having on show. If it's something no one is going to see then it doesn't matter so much.

Moreover if you don't know what to have then why do you want a tattoo at all? How is a media product something truly meaningful to you? Does it represent a major point in your life, or are you just fancying a tattoo and those are the only designs you like at the moment? It's a serious decision, and it doesn't matter how much of an adult you think you are now if in twenty years people are asking you why you have a phallic heart thing on you.

Firstly, something can not be phallic if it does not look like a penis, none of those look like a penis, testicles maybe, but no penis. Second, I'm arguing about whether or not people are going to see this, not about the designs themselves. Third, I'm a hell of a lot more qualified than you to judge whether or not I'm adult enough for a tattoo, and whether I will ever change my mind. Finally, I can here asking what people thought of the designs as tattoos, not whether I should get one, I am simply looking for the opinions of people, who have tattoos, know about tattoos, are a tattoo artist, or even just like art. I want to know what will work as a tattoo and what might be more difficult to do. Like someone pointed out the FMA circle would be difficult for someone to do with all of the fine lines, and for the writing to show up it would have to be big. I do not want to go in to get my tattoo with my heart set on a design only to have them tell me it won't work, or worse have then mess it up because the design wasn't tattoo friendly.

artanis_neravar:

Lilani:

artanis_neravar:
How is it very noticeable?

If you're a guy, the shoulder or shoulderblade will be something people will see one way or another. Whether you're out for a swim or just outside and get hot or dirty enough to take your shirt off, you'll more likely than not take your shirt off one way or another. If you're a girl, anytime you wear something sleeveless or a swimsuit they'll see it or at least part of it. Then of course there's the inevitable "Oh, you've got a tattoo? Let's see it!" conversation, which is what you will get every single time you tell somebody you have a tattoo.

The only places that are truly "unnoticeable" places are either right around the areas of your private parts or under the hair on your head.

I spend 9 hours a day working on design work in front of a computer, in a dress shirt or polo. Outdoor work is generally not in my repertoire, and even when it is I leave my shirt on. After having been a competitive swimmer for ten years, any pool that I can't swim laps in leaves me more agitated than I was before I got in, and the times I do manage to swim, I am either alone or with only my friends.

Ok, I understand that you have that all figured out.

I said it is very noticeable because as a girl, I have had boyfriends with tattoos on their backs and it is very noticeable when we are...intimate.
If it was a tattoo that i secretly thought was ugly, i would have to keep looking at that same tattoo more often that the person with the tattoo is aware of.

The same boyfriend had a tattoo on his inner wrist, and as much as it was a more visible location, I noticed it less because arms tend to move around a lot.

The back is something other people see a lot, its pretty much stagnant, and therefore, for noticeable.

But, as you said, if you hardly ever take your shirt off in public, then go for it.

Angie7F:

artanis_neravar:

Lilani:

If you're a guy, the shoulder or shoulderblade will be something people will see one way or another. Whether you're out for a swim or just outside and get hot or dirty enough to take your shirt off, you'll more likely than not take your shirt off one way or another. If you're a girl, anytime you wear something sleeveless or a swimsuit they'll see it or at least part of it. Then of course there's the inevitable "Oh, you've got a tattoo? Let's see it!" conversation, which is what you will get every single time you tell somebody you have a tattoo.

The only places that are truly "unnoticeable" places are either right around the areas of your private parts or under the hair on your head.

I spend 9 hours a day working on design work in front of a computer, in a dress shirt or polo. Outdoor work is generally not in my repertoire, and even when it is I leave my shirt on. After having been a competitive swimmer for ten years, any pool that I can't swim laps in leaves me more agitated than I was before I got in, and the times I do manage to swim, I am either alone or with only my friends.

Ok, I understand that you have that all figured out.

I said it is very noticeable because as a girl, I have had boyfriends with tattoos on their backs and it is very noticeable when we are...intimate.
If it was a tattoo that i secretly thought was ugly, i would have to keep looking at that same tattoo more often that the person with the tattoo is aware of.

The same boyfriend had a tattoo on his inner wrist, and as much as it was a more visible location, I noticed it less because arms tend to move around a lot.

The back is something other people see a lot, its pretty much stagnant, and therefore, for noticeable.

But, as you said, if you hardly ever take your shirt off in public, then go for it.

Now this is helpful information (especially since I said the only people whose opinions I care about are those close to me) Any girl that I am intimate with would have an opinion that I care about, so I will take this into consideration, thank you.

I actually just got the Player Pin from The World Ends With You tattooed on my shoulder about a month ago. But as to your tattoo, you should never ask what other people think, it's your tattoo, it will be embedded into your flesh for your entire life, that's not the kind of decision you want to be influenced by other people.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked