Threats

Totally hypothetical, but what would you do if someone you knew was threatened to be killed?

FreezingFlames:
Totally hypothetical, but what would you do if someone you knew was threatened to be killed?

If this is actually hypothetical, then it should probably be in off-topic, not advice. If it is really non-hypothetical than call the cops

Oh okay I wasnt sure where to put it cause I only recently started on the escapist. Thanks I will put it there.

FreezingFlames:
Oh okay I wasnt sure where to put it cause I only recently started on the escapist. Thanks I will put it there.

No problem. ( I hope that didn't come across as me being an ass I wasn't trying to)

artanis_neravar:

FreezingFlames:

No problem. ( I hope that didn't come across as me being an ass I wasn't trying to)

Dont worry you didnt.

I've gotten a few death threat calls. I'm always on guard after that, but I don't take any other "special" action. Maybe sometimes during the night grab the knife and carry it with me in case.

Okay the best thing to do is to go ten fold on someone. Always be suprised what a little crazy talk can do to make someone back off. Now I would probably call the guy and tell him that I am going to cut his eyeballs out with a switchblade and feed it to his mom. Don't back off with it either. Ready to make phone calls to this guy all day with horrible things your going to do to him. Even if he doesn't believe you, at least he might focus that rage on you. Was able to get out of several fights by talking crazy.

Depends on the threat. A lot of people, especially people in favour of rights for minorities, constantly get threats due to expressing opinions on the internet.

In person, though, that's another matter.

Shark Wrangler:
Okay the best thing to do is to go ten fold on someone. Always be suprised what a little crazy talk can do to make someone back off. Now I would probably call the guy and tell him that I am going to cut his eyeballs out with a switchblade and feed it to his mom. Don't back off with it either. Ready to make phone calls to this guy all day with horrible things your going to do to him. Even if he doesn't believe you, at least he might focus that rage on you. Was able to get out of several fights by talking crazy.

Threatening people is illegal. Acting as they did is just as much a crime. It may work, but it's a crime.

OT: Well, I keep myself ready. If they ever follow through, I'll defend myself. Pretty straightforward.

I'll tell the aggressor that I'll show them a magic trick, in that I'll make a pencil disappear. Or two. Or ten.

Soluncreed:

Shark Wrangler:

Threatening people is illegal. Acting as they did is just as much a crime. It may work, but it's a crime.

OT: Well, I keep myself ready. If they ever follow through, I'll defend myself. Pretty straightforward.

Okay thanks for pointing out something I already know. Asshole is wanting to kill, if need be, I don't give a rat fuck at that point what is illegal.

If SOMEONE I KNEW was threatened? Depends on how well I like the person and who was threatening them, varying between laughing like hell, calling the cops, lending them a knife, or using that knife.

Shark Wrangler:

Soluncreed:

Shark Wrangler:

Okay thanks for pointing out something I already know. Asshole is wanting to kill, if need be, I don't give a rat fuck at that point what is illegal.

I was just saying. Wouldn't it piss you off more if he then reported you for the threats? Especially if you sent them via the phone. That's concrete evidence.

Had someone threaten to hurt one of my friends before right in front of me. I looked him dead in the eye and said if he hurt my friend I'd kill him. And this was a guy I'd previously gotten along with really well... Not after that...

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked