looking for a new shooter game for pc to get

got hl2, tf2, portal 1&2, new Vegas. was wondering if anyone had advice on what to get. only thing really looking for is good single and or multiplayer, and will keep me occupied for at least 3hrs or more. i'm okay with a tactical shooter or rpg shooter (like Vegas), any sci-fi ones are okay.

yatterman1:
got hl2, tf2, portal 1&2, new Vegas. was wondering if anyone had advice on what to get. only thing really looking for is good single and or multiplayer, and will keep me occupied for at least 3hrs or more. i'm okay with a tactical shooter or rpg shooter (like Vegas), any sci-fi ones are okay.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a rather fun FPS-RPG. I found the guns rewarding and the tactics solid.

anything to do with unreal tournament, as in UT99. surprisingly, it still has a handful of people playing it

All 3 S.t.a.l.k.e.r games have pretty solid 30h+ Singleplayer, And Crysis (If you can run it) has a decent campaign too. I can't really speak for multiplayer... I only really play multiplayer on arcade shooters (Like CoD) Also, Seen as you have New Vegas I'd suggest Fallout 3. It's damn good.

Serious Sam BFE or Hard Reset?

latiasracer:
All 3 S.t.a.l.k.e.r games have pretty solid 30h+ Singleplayer, And Crysis (If you can run it) has a decent campaign too. I can't really speak for multiplayer... I only really play multiplayer on arcade shooters (Like CoD) Also, Seen as you have New Vegas I'd suggest Fallout 3. It's damn good.

This

But if you want something tactical, pick up ArmA II and its expansions. That game is irritatingly realistic, as it's pretty much a military simulator, but I love it. I haven't beaten the campaign because I kinda suck at flying helicopters, but I've spent a lot of time fucking around in the Armory. It's a mode that lets you use weapons, characters, and vehicles from the game to do short missions to unlock more, or just roam around in the game world. It's also got a good deal of mods that add more weapons, characters, skins, missions, campaigns, etc.

Tribes: Ascend is pretty fun, and it's free to play. You just need to get a key from the facebook page and then download the client for the beta that is running right now. It has some pretty interesting movement mechanics, and it's fast-paced as hell.

okay limited picks down to what i hope i can find this weekend, the top choices in no particular order: bioshock 1/2 (or both if i can find),deus ex: human revolution, and fallout 3 (hoping if i can find game of year copy).

yatterman1:

I recently got Metro 2033 which I really enjoyed. It's a bit linear, but the story is really good and it's generally a lot of fun.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked