Recommend me an original Xbox game for a thirteen year old boy.

My nephew turns thirteen soon and he just got an original Xbox with a copy of the first Halo and he loves it. I'm the only family member who plays with him and for his birthday I'd like to get him a new game.

Now, should I get him a game that is an xbox classic but different from Halo (like Psychonauts or Radio Jet Set Future for example), which will be a risk but I would like to introduce him to other genres.
Or, should I get him something more like Halo which is then more of the same but there is no risk of him not liking it.

OR, is there a middle ground?

ps. He is only allowed to play about one and a half hour per day, he has strict parents

All input is appreciated, thanks.

Purplecoyote:

ps. He is only allowed to play about one and a half hour per day, he has strict parents

Pah, he thinks he has strict parents, I was only allowed half an hour per day back when I was a young boy.

OT: well halo 2 is always an option. Or if you want to really push the boat out try Morrowind.

If you'd like another multiplayer game for you both then you can't go wrong with 007 Nightfire.

What does he like? is he a fan of football (get a fifa/pes)? or music (guitar hero)? watching people shit themselves (Sims 2)?

Get him Burnout4:revenge

It has brought me hours of mindless fun.

if its avalable for the xbox (and u can get ur hands on it) buy him "destroy all humans 2" i played it on my ps2 when i was about his age and loved the crap out of it
its a cute 3rd person shooter in which u play as an alien sent to destroy all humans (duh) by and have been stuck on earth since the 50s (when the first game took place) the game takes place in the 60s in america,england,japan and russia with enemies like cops,army men and ninjas your arsenal is made out of rediciolous fun guns (there is one called "anal probe" that makes humans run around holding their buts and then pop out DNA which ur supossed to collect its hellerious)
over all its a fun game with great humor if u can get it buy it!

How about Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath? You shoot animals. By which I mean, animals are your ammunition. Can't be too bad, right? :p

Bully / Canis Canem Edit depending on region. Fairly short and a good introduction to the genre. Also, Half life 2 for obvious reasons.

I never had an Xbox, but I know that Fable has aged incredibly well since I replayed it recently on the PC. It is rated M, so that may be an issue if he has strict parents, but honestly it didn't deserve the M rating.

It received the M rating because the character can vaguely have sex, it's mostly just implied. PG-13 movies get away with way more than that.

Derek_the_Dodo:

Purplecoyote:

Pah, he thinks he has strict parents, I was only allowed half an hour per day back when I was a young boy.

I was allowed to play for a grand total of 1 hour... Only on weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).

OT Morrowind or Fable would be my suggestions.

Bam Kung Fu Chaos my god... me and my mates still play this once a week albiet under the influence. But its a great fun multiplayer game :)

Its another shooter but timesplitters 2 or 3 is a dead cert for youngs uns.
It was most popular with me and my friends back when i was that age anyway :P

Has splitscreen campaign and multiplayer.

Has bots to give you more than just the other person to shoot at as well ^_^

Great original Xbox games:

Prince of Persia (Sands of Time)
Ninja Gaiden Black
Splinter Cell trilogy
Halo 1/2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Dead or Alive 3/Ultimate
Max Payne 1/2 (not sure whether these are ok for a 13-year old though)
Rallisport Challenge 2
Jet Set Radio Future

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked