Need some metal parts machined for coilgun

Hi guys.
I'm building a coilgun, and I need a few metal parts machined. I do not have access to tools for machining metal, and I do not know who I can contact to get them made.

I need 3 parts. One metal tube with some holes and lines in it, a bullet head-shaped piece of aluminium, and 12 cast iron disks with with holes through them. I do of course have the exact dimensions, but this is roughly speaking.

Who do you reckon I could contact to get this made? Is there anyone her on the Escapist who could make them for me? I'd of course pay both for your time and materials, and any shipment costs.

There are many businesses on the internet who will do this for you...just do a google search of "custom metal parts". You'll email them your specs, they'll give you a quote, and you should have your parts within a week.

http://www.shortrunpro.com/

http://www.kineticdiecasting.com/CustomMetalParts.html

Just a couple a quick search turned out.

Online shops like that often takes a lot paid. The best would be a local shop or something, but I don't know what sort of businesses have metal machining tools.

Pinkamena:
Who do you reckon I could contact to get this made?

I'm not sure how things are in Norway, but if you're devoted enough to your project you could search for some replacements or even try to find your parts in scrapyards, junkyards and such.
You wouldn't believe what people throw out these days...

For example... Metal tube you say ? ;)

(Also... No DIY companies like Castorama near you ?)

Pinkamena:
Online shops like that often takes a lot paid. The best would be a local shop or something, but I don't know what sort of businesses have metal machining tools.

I would recommend doing as the guy above me said then...a scrap metal yard will more than likely have everything you need (or at least workable alternatives)

JesterRaiin:

Pinkamena:
Who do you reckon I could contact to get this made?

I'm not sure how things are in Norway, but if you're devoted enough to your project you could search for some replacements or even try to find your parts in scrapyards, junkyards and such.
You wouldn't believe what people throw out these days...

For example... Metal tube you say ? ;)

(Also... No DIY companies like Castorama near you ?)

Hehe, good idea, but that wont work. Way too big diameter. The tube I'm after need to be 1 to 2 cm in diameter.

renegade7:

Pinkamena:

I would recommend doing as the guy above me said then...a scrap metal yard will more than likely have everything you need (or at least workable alternatives)

Afraid not. The parts I need have strict dimensions,shape and material requirements. The chances of finding perfect parts would be extremely slim, and not worth the trouble. That's why I'd much rather pay someone to make them for me, so that I will get them correct.

Pinkamena:
Afraid not. The parts I need have strict dimensions,shape and material requirements. The chances of finding perfect parts would be extremely slim, and not worth the trouble. That's why I'd much rather pay someone to make them for me, so that I will get them correct.

FIGHT TO THE END ! THE PROJECT MUST CONTINUE ! :D

...Maybe you should visit some, eeeeeeee, auto mechanic shop(i'm not sure how do you call them in english). Some mech-oriented University could also help, they often have tools capable to create weirdest sh*t. :)

Moreover :

They are often hollow inside. You'd just have to cut 0,5-10 mms of both endings which isn't that big problem, thanks to this fellow :

JesterRaiin:

Pinkamena:

FIGHT TO THE END ! THE PROJECT MUST CONTINUE ! :D

...Maybe you should visit some, eeeeeeee, auto mechanic shop(i'm not sure how do you call them in english). Some mech-oriented University could also help, they often have tools capable to create weirdest sh*t. :)

They are often hollow inside. You'd just have to cut 0,5-10 mms of both endings which isn't that big problem, thanks to this fellow :

university is a good idea. And I don't think I can use those tubes you showed, the walls are way too thick ;)

Pinkamena:
university is a good idea. And I don't think I can use those tubes you showed, the walls are way too thick ;)

Then i wish you good luck and you manage to assemble your sci-fi device, please post the results here. :)

JesterRaiin:

Pinkamena:

Then i wish you good luck and you manage to assemble your sci-fi device, please post the results here. :)

I have been designing it anfmd buying parts the last 3 months, and I am going to build it in the summer. I will probably make a worklog on this site so people cab follow along :)

Remember to name it well.
"Tesla's vengeance" sounds nice. So does "Stormbringer". ;D

JesterRaiin:

Or "Pinkies Party Cannon".

Pinkamena:

JesterRaiin:

Or "Pinkies Party Cannon".

Not especially grave, but will do i guess. :D