Bored

For the past couple of months - scratch that, years - I've been really bored. I don't do anything. I have little to no money that I can spend, I have no iPod, I don't have the means to play my Xbox 360 or any other video games, and the only thing that I'm keeping myself entertained on a day-to-day basis is my laptop, which I'm running out of things to do other than those browse this, another forum and shitty videos on YouTube. And, ideally, I should be doing revision for the bunch of exams I've got coming up, but I gave up on that ages ago and I just don't know what to do.

Sounds like you have a bad case of stir crazy. Some good time wasters for people with no money but a computer. Here are some suggestions.

-Free to Play MMORPGS

-Role Play forums/ Role Play chat sites

-Fallen London (Echo Bazaar)

-Learn how to draw or write stories (fan fiction or otherwise)

-If you have a little extra cash, just not enough for videogames, take up reading, it's not bad if you get the right book.

A good way to try and get out of the rut you are in is scheduling. Try to plan a week. Include some exercise, something simple like walking, to get you out of the house. Also include internet time, revision time, and meals. If you miss something, then reschedule. It's tough but the only one who can fix this situation is you, so you need some incentive, and scheduling might give you a bit of a start on this.

Play a free to play MMORPG, as many have said already.

Try Tribal Wars. Addicting, and very fun to play - however, when you fuck up it all goes to shit and your start again xD

Idk how kids can be bored so easily. I can sit in an empty room with white walls and think of 10 things to do.

In the words of Harvey Danger, "If you're bored then you're boring."

There are literally thousands of things you can do without money that will burn time. You need to find the ones that will interest you, but here are a handful of suggestions:

1) Join your local library and read, attend community events, flirt with the librarian, etc
2) Look around your room, then see if you can cross the room to pick a certain thing up with your eyes closed
3) Find a shopping center that gives out free samples and patrol that mother until you are full
4) Join a LARP group (some have dues, some are free)
5) Create a secret language
6) Assign yourself or a friend various physical challenges
7) Can you balance a spoon on your nose?
8) Memorize a train schedule.
9) Participate in a community service project
10) Pet something adorable (I go to the pet shop and ask to hold the mice!)
11) Learn to cook (technically costs money for food, but you did need to eat anyway, right?)
12) Try yoga
13) Go to a public place. When people pass you across the street, pretend to squish their heads with your fingers
14) Got a box? Now it's a spaceship/pirate ship/portal to a parallel universe!
15) Get involved with a school club
16) Start attending many different churches/religious meetings. Observe the similarities and differences
17) Try to catch a fly in one hand
18) Practice long-distance spitting
19) Find and name constellations in the night sky. Make up some of your own.
20) See how far you can travel on just one foot. (Apologies if you already have use of one or fewer feet.)
21) Convince a stranger that you are foreign
22) Convince a stranger that you are famous
23) Speak only in rhyme for as long as you can stand it
24) Write. If you can't think of a damned thing, start writing about that and let every inane thought turn into written word - see how long your hand can actually keep up.
25) Make odd faces in the mirror

Relish in Chaos:
For the past couple of months - scratch that, years - I've been really bored. I don't do anything. I have little to no money that I can spend, I have no iPod, I don't have the means to play my Xbox 360 or any other video games, and the only thing that I'm keeping myself entertained on a day-to-day basis is my laptop, which I'm running out of things to do other than those browse this, another forum and shitty videos on YouTube. And, ideally, I should be doing revision for the bunch of exams I've got coming up, but I gave up on that ages ago and I just don't know what to do.

you sound like you have too much time on your hands. I'd advise getting a job, it will give you something to do and you will earn some cash

Too much time on their hands? How about too much time off their feet!

Get to walking OP, go to the park, join a game of footie with some randoms, make some friends and waste some time burning off energy.

Find a goal worth striving for, it makes it much easier to get through education

Go on a date with Pamela and her five sisters ;)

ToTaL LoLiGe:
Go on a date with Pamela and her five sisters ;)

or play pokemon

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked