Is it worth it to continue to play League of Legends?

Have been playing the game for 2 years now, and my problem is this:

I cannot put in the necessary daily game time to get better, fast enough. I play 2-3 games a day, and only weekly dabble in ranked games. I cannot consistently carry at my elo, which is around 1300. The general atmosphere at 1300 is terrible, with every ranked game I play being a complete 1 sided stomp. I hate winning in 20 minutes cause one lane fed hardcore, just as much as I hate surrendering at 20. I rarely get long, 30+ minutes games where I get to experience teamfights.

I've been catching myself raging more and more, usually at some of the things people play. When I want to play one, rare, weekly ranked game, and some guy locks in a champion that's underpowered, I just feel like the next 20 minutes of my life are wasted.

Honestly, I love the game, but it's simply not fun for me anymore.

Basically:

-I'm at a level where I'm encountering a host of bad players.
- As a mainly support player, I often cannot do much in the game when I encounter bad teammates.
-However, I simply don't have the time to put in, where I can be good enough to start carrying.
-Lastly, I don't find carrying by myself fun in the least bit. It's 20 minutes of dancing around, last hitting creeps, hoping your other lanes don't fail, then right-clicking my enemies to death.
-I don't have any friends that play the game as good as I do, and even they don't have the time to get good enough.

Is it worth it to keep playing, If I can't get competitive at it?

And That's Terrible:

i daresay you've answered your own question already my friend, maybe take a break from it for a while...see you how you feel about going back. i'm not sure what you hope to 'get' out of the game in the long term but surely the point of recreational time is to..well enjoy it. In regards to being in ELO hell you could try goin one of the better AP carries like Cass to try and pump ur rating up a little, support's a nightmaaaaare without a solid team to to actually support.

WolfCross:

And That's Terrible:

i daresay you've answered your own question already my friend, maybe take a break from it for a while...see you how you feel about going back. i'm not sure what you hope to 'get' out of the game in the long term but surely the point of recreational time is to..well enjoy it. In regards to being in ELO hell you could try goin one of the better AP carries like Cass to try and pump ur rating up a little, support's a nightmaaaaare without a solid team to to actually support.

Agreed. Breaks are never a bad thing. I'd suggest branching out maybe? Find other games and try them out for a while. I'm in the same elo as you, and experience the exact same thing. I quit playing ranked games because people are way too tryhard for my liking. I now only play for fun: I try new things and play new champs. It's very enjoyable.

Ask yourself these two questions when considering whether or not to continue playing any game.

Am I having fun playing this game?

Will I have fun playing this game in the foreseeable future?

If the answer to both of these questions is no, then find something else to do with your time that would be more enjoyable. Your leisure time is supposed to be spent enjoying yourself, and by the sounds of it, you aren't, so play one of the many other great games out there.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked