Dumb, stupid, moronic, apocalyptically idiotic idea.

One of these days, I'm going to have a fight with my mind, "me, myself and irene" style.

For some reason, I find myself seriously considering internet dating.

Yeah, told you it was stupid.

The worst part is that it would appear the motive is less than honourable. That these considerations tend to happen the most when I see a girl that...interests me. In a certain way. Below the belt and all. That's just low. I do not want to be one of those people who posts on craigslist asking for "casual meetings".

I'm certain this is a bad idea. Internet dating as a thing is a bad idea to me, dating itself seems like a bad idea, but what makes it a horrible idea is the motive. What kind of person goes on dating sites looking for sex? Sure, I'm open to the idea of a relationship (if wary) but let's face it, I know why I'm considering it.

I don't even know what I'm asking for. I was going to ask if I was going to do it, where would be the best choice? but now looking at this confession, I feel nothing but shame and revulsion at the idea, so I guess I was just venting. I'd plead you to stop me somehow, convince me to completely exile this idea from my head, but god knows that request'll be ignored.

Captcha: Melody Pond. This is not a good time to get me thinking about amy pond, you vile machine!

Second captcha: Love me. I fucking hate you, captcha.

Okay, before I give any advice, I just need clarification, by online dating, do you mean:

A) You and the person would have a strictly online-only relationship, unless you two decided to meet somewhere down the road?
B) Just cyber-sex?
C) Using a connection/compatibility site(eHarmony, for example)?

"What kind of person goes on dating sites looking for sex?"

I don't have any numbers backing me up, but I can confidently answer that. Most of them are there for just that.

As for the rest of it... I mean, if it's what you want to do, it's what you want to do. As long as you aren't (purposely) deceiving people and are aware of some risks for meeting people online, then there really isn't much if any harm to it.

For where... um Match and eHarmony I think are the "more serious" ones, but they are also not free. I think OkCupid is free as are some others I don't doubt. As for quality of any of them, I can't really say, since I've never used them.

My brother and his wife met on eharmony and they've been married a few years now. I wouldn't say internet dating is completely stupid.

Seems to me you should go for a more straight forward solution, go to a bar and find a drunk lady, they get rather "generous" when tipsy.
Now if that is something that you like to go for or not is another question.

TakeyB0y2:
Okay, before I give any advice, I just need clarification, by online dating, do you mean:

A) You and the person would have a strictly online-only relationship, unless you two decided to meet somewhere down the road?
B) Just cyber-sex?
C) Using a connection/compatibility site(eHarmony, for example)?

Using some kind of connection site, yes.

Mr.K.:
Seems to me you should go for a more straight forward solution, go to a bar and find a drunk lady, they get rather "generous" when tipsy.
Now if that is something that you like to go for or not is another question.

I lack the confidence. Problem is, I can't summon up any kind of confidence as a 21 year old virgin. What's there to be proud of there? and I need confidence to lose my virginity. Catch 22, y'all see.

Also, if I have sex with a drunk girl, she can charge me of rape even if she said yes, and there would be no way of convincing the court otherwise.

I've never tried internet dating, but I don't see why it has a bad rap. It's just another one of those things that has an unnecessary stigma now that'll eventually go away. And if you're a guy, you really don't have anything to worry about - at worst, you'll have an awkward time (the same can be said about traditional dating).

Past that, why are you so ashamed that you want to get laid? I'm assuming you're a young man between age 18 and 30 since you're on this website. Guess what? You're entire body wants you to get laid. That's your biological design. Society tells you there's a protocol you have to follow, and western culture is so ashamed of its own sexuality that it's convinced you that you need to feel all these conflicting emotions. Fuck that, you're a young man and you want to have sex with attractive women.

A girl will think you're weird if you very clearly are just talking to her because you want to have sex. But she'll also think you're weird if you totally deny your sexuality. Just admit what you want and don't feel bad about it.

There's no shame in wanting sex for sex's sake... but you have to be honest about it! None of this "I don't want to say I just want casual meetings, that's low." It's the truth. Deal with it.

Casual sex is not a bad thing. Using people and hurting them is a bad thing. Just be open about your intentions and this will be a much better plan.

(As for the virgin thing... some girls have a bit of a fetish for that, dontcha know. >_> Could work in your favour if you find the right lady...)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked