Dungeon Crawler, Town Building.

I like the kind of game where you get a randomly spawning dungeon (roguelike I guess) that you venture into and come back and use your treasure to build up your town/shop whatever.

However, I can only think of two games that fit this description. An old PS game called Azure Dreams that I played to death back in the day and Recettear that I've finished and am playing on endless mode.

Does anyone know any other games that fit this description I find them very relaxing and I'm poorly at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

Can be on 3DS, PC or XBOX 360 :)

Dark Cloud. It's on PS2 though :/

Moonlight Butterfly:
I like the kind of game where you get a randomly spawning dungeon (roguelike I guess) that you venture into and come back and use your treasure to build up your town/shop whatever.

This is challenging...

Dwarf Fortress somewhat fits the description. So does Solium Infernum - but only to some extent. You may try Terraria or King Arthur's Gold (similar visual style).
If you're not the #1 fan of modern graphics then you may want to try old Might & Magic games - parts 4-7 all incorporate your own town and money (credits) gathering adventures in addition to the main storyline.

What more...
Kings Bounty ? Hmmmm...

I hope it helps a little. ;]

JesterRaiin:
snip

Thanks :) I'll look into them. Something tells me these kind of games don't get outside of Japan. hehe

I was about to say loads of games, then I read the OP properl and sawthat you used it to build up your own town.
Damn.

Closest I can think of is Etrian Odyssey, a dungeon crawler. Its not randomly generated, but depending what monster bits you bring back to sell the shopkeepers turn them into new stuff you can buy. That's the closest I got, really.

Actually, Terraria may fit the description - a 2d dungeon crawler that you build up a town to house and attract merchants.
Dwarf fortress is all randomly generated, though the town building and the adventuring are separate modes (though once your fortress has fallen your adventurer can explore it, and in fortress mode your dwarves sometimes make stuff about past adventurers. (Also, the forums for Dwarf Fortress are bloody hilarious and hilariously bloody.)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked