New keyboard advice.

I need -ok, want- a new keyboard for my new PC but unsure what to go for.

I don't want to spend a lot on it - perhaps 30-50 pound but it has to meet this criteria(or most of them)

It has to meet as many of these as possible:
- Be good for gaming (Main thing)- By this I mean not cramped near the WASD/Shift area!
- Ergonomic - Fairly important as I do a lot of typing (i.e. Programming, Chatting)
- Have a space between arrows and the Del/End/Home section (Not *as* important)
- Be up to 40 -I can push a bit more if necessary.
- Color: Black
- Wired or Wireless
- Bonus points: if it matches my G500
- Not that bothered about macro's but extra buttons are always a plus

I like the look of the MS Sidewinder X4 and it's only 32, BUT it has a really small Return key which is odd -If anybody can give me an opinion on this that would be cool too!

Get a mechanical keyboard. You will type faster and the novelty of it all will make it more fun. Plus the clickyness is wonderful.

shameduser:
Get a mechanical keyboard. You will type faster and the novelty of it all will make it more fun. Plus the clickyness is wonderful.

Except mechanical keyboards are overpriced and the original poster doesn't want to spend all that much. Not that I dislike mechanical keyboards, I have one myself and its awesome.

I'm not sure about some of the cheaper keyboards, all my experience is with the more expensive ones, I can recommend this http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/v7keyboard.htm but its not exactly all that cheap.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked