An insanely fun night, with a horrible finish. Possible to fix?

Hey everyone, sorry about this next part. But it's damn long :P

So on the weekend I went to a wedding of a good friend in a town a few hours away from me. After the wedding we started drinking in the early afternoon, following the reception, my friend and I decide to go to the local club to see what is going on in town.

I end up chatting with the local bar girl whom we had met the night before. I give it very little thought, passing it off as friendly flirting, and continue having fun, tearing up the dance floor. Towards the end of the night/beginning of the morning, the bar girl has a break, and I see her sitting on a chair by herself having a drink, so I decide to go over and have a bit more of a chat.

We end up talking for a bit, exchanging numbers, having a dance and all that good stuff, when suddenly the club closes. I stay as along as possible, talking, until a bouncer comes and asks me to leave. Outside there is the usual, people everyone, scrambling for that last minute pickup, trawling for a hookup. My friend and I were in suits, and as everyone knows, suits amplify how attractive you are, at minimum tenfold. We'd also being killing it on the dance floor. Being a small town, two guys in suits, with decent dance moves, we became main target no. 1 for all the dirty slappers. My friend is pretty big on the sleeping with everyone he can (he even has a motto about it), while I am not particularly interested in that culture. I decide I'll wingman him and help out with a particular girl he has his eye on and who I was dancing with at some point in the night.

Sure enough, the three of us start walking back to her house, while she remains classy with remarks like "I need to pee, carry me", the bar girl and I are texting each other about my current situation, having a laugh at this poor girl's expense. We get back to her place and I'm not sure where my friend is at this point, but she shows me to her room and says she'll be right back. I go in. Turns out there's a black lab in there, so I sit on the floor with him and call my bar girl friend, we have a chat and a laugh about what's going on, when the other girl comes back. As I see her coming down the hallway with my mate, I pat the dog one last time, get up and walk back out to the main room, where her housemate is playing darksiders. As I walk past them both, the girl tries to grab my arm and lead me back, but I casually brush her aside and sit on the couch, texting away. The bar girl tells me there's an after party at the club and that I should come back. So, I'm out the door in an instant, jogging up the street back to the club.

I enter the club, where the owner greets me and says I can drink whatever I want and to have a good time. So the bar girl and I get a few drinks and decide to have a game of pool, which, we're both horrible at, we have a bet that whoever loses has to do a dance on the nearby stripper pole. As soon as this is established, she starts trying to distract me by hinting at showing me down her top. So when it's her shot, I do the same, but standing really close to her and slowly breathing on her neck. It was really good fun, haha. The game ends in a draw when for a second time the club closes, because apparently, neither of us can sink a pool ball.

By now, it's around 7am and I've been drinking since 3pm the previous afternoon, while she on the other hand has only had around 3 drinks throughout the entire night. We go with her friends to their house, so she can sober up for an hour before taking me back to my friends house. As we're walking we playfully touch each other and all that fun stuff. We hang out are her friend's for a bit, where I befriend what everyone told me was a dog that likes nobody except for her owner, so I got some big brownie points there.

We go to her car after she's sobered a bit. I thought I had as well, but in hindsight, I was still rotten drunk. On the way back to my friends house, we rescue a dog off the side of the road and again I get some good guy points in my book. Along the way home, she's telling me how I must have a horrible fault that she can't find to make up for being all around cool and that it's not possible for someone to be as nice as me. I take that in my stride and laugh it off, telling her I'm not hiding anything.

Here comes the killer part, as we drive along the street which I told her the house was on, I pretend like I'm looking around for the house and glance over at her, at which point, she brushes her lip vertically with the point of her index finger. Excellent, that's all the signal I need. At which point, I suddenly hit a panic station. I have a moment of clarity and realise that my mouth is like the sahara desert, the is 0 moisture, and so are my lips. I furiously try to produce some saliva before we get to my house. No success. We stop and I realise this is judgement time. We pull over and she turns to face me, I do the same, taking my seatbelt off. We have a little talk about the night and how it was fun and everything, casual small talk, before the moment of truth. I'm so reluctant, and I think she can feel it. I go in for a kiss, and as I do, I hesitate, giving what I believe to be the worst kiss of my life. I'm not good at a lot of things, but kissing is my point of pride, usually if I get a kiss, a girl is as good as mine. We break contact for a bit, in my head I'm cringing, then I go in for a second attempt, I get one lip motion before she breaks it. I lean back, say thanks again for the lift and exit the car. I lean in the window, tell her I'll text her and she says cool. I'll just add, that at this point, I hadn't felt like it went too bad, it wasn't until I sobered up that I realised all this I'm now sharing with you.

After I wake up that day, my friend and I drive back to our home a few hours away. I send her a text later that afternoon saying that I had a good time, etc. A while later, I get a replying saying something equally non-important and asking about my drive. So I tell her that it's fine and go into how unexpected it was playing roadside animal rescue, having a bit of a joke. The following morning (today) I receive and very short reply, simply saying "Oh well, I'm glad to hear that. :)". The only thing I can think of that would cause this is that she was really unimpressed by my hesitation and sub-par barren-mouthed kiss. The worst part is, I actually enjoyed this girl's company and personality, which by my standards, is a massive thing. I find a lot of girls good looking, but for a girl to actually impress me by who she is, not how she looks is a really, really big thing for me.

Something which may or may not be helpful is that her boss, the club owner, really liked me and was the one who told her to bring me back to the club, so maybe I could talk to her and get her to put in a good word for me?

So I guess my question is, how can I let her know that I'm a way better kisser than I displayed to her and that I would like to continue talking to her and possibly end up hanging out again or even going on a date? Essentially, how can I recover from this so that it can progress naturally? Is it possible, or should I just realise I bombed it hard and that I've pretty much screwed myself?

I've got a decent idea on how I'm going to proceed, before I do though, I just want to brainstorm for a bit.

Thanks heaps if you took the time to read all this for me.

tl;dr - I met a girl who works at a bar, we spent a fair bit of time together over the night, having heaps of fun, I blew it hard with the first kiss when she dropped me off, now, possibly as a result of said kiss, her text replies seem disinterested and distant, is there any way I can fix this? Or should write it off to an experience, and go on my way?

Edit: I cleared it all up, owned up to my mistake and made it a bit of a joke, saying how the wedding and reception had got out of hand, I should be ok for now :)

Ask her out on a proper date. Don't drink as much and take her back to your place. If you hit it off again, you do. If you don't, you don't. Simple. :)

also, pics of cute guys in suits or it didn't happen.

Yeah girls really hate bad kissers....Come on, really?
Go ask her out. She might have had the same feelings as you, and be wondering if you actually like her or she's blown her chances. So go find out. Go and talk to her and invite her out for coffee or something so you can chat without having drunk copious amounts of alcohol.

But then you knew that was the answer so take a deep breath and go do it.

Also...what happened to your friend and the slut? You did kinda abandon him there.

Mel Theofficegamergirl:
Ask her out on a proper date. Don't drink as much and take her back to your place. If you hit it off again, you do. If you don't, you don't. Simple. :)

also, pics of cute guys in suits or it didn't happen.

Yeah, that's what I figure too, like I said somewhere in that mass of text, we drove like 6 or 7 hours to get there, so organisation becomes a bit more of a thing. I didn't take any photos, but I'm sure I'm in some, I'll source a couple and see what I can do. I don't normally drink so much, but I didn't have any intention of doing anything other than dance my heart out that night, so I figured there was no harm. Rookie move :P

Galletea:
Yeah girls really hate bad kissers....Come on, really?
Go ask her out. She might have had the same feelings as you, and be wondering if you actually like her or she's blown her chances. So go find out. Go and talk to her and invite her out for coffee or something so you can chat without having drunk copious amounts of alcohol.

But then you knew that was the answer so take a deep breath and go do it.

Also...what happened to your friend and the slut? You did kinda abandon him there.

I think more so than the actual kiss, the hesitation and uncertainty I think I remember showing may be though? I'm racking my mind over what else it could have been. Unless she had only been interested in a one-nighter and I'd missed the signals, but it didn't seem that way.

Like I said, the driving distance makes things a little harder to do than just for a coffee, but you're right, I'll definitely have to organise something.

I know, that was the same answer I came too :P

Oh, apparently nothing, said they started and all of a sudden she didn't want to so he left, he also said the dog thing was pretty weird, kept jumping the bed or something. I guess I missed it in my story, but I messaged him as I was leaving and he said he'd find me later, I made sure I wasn't going to abandon him.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked