Buying A Mouse for Extremely Large Hands

I've got extremely large hands and this has shown itself to be something of a problem because there don't appear to be any mice that are large enough for me to play with, despite following up on some recommendations I've received.

My most recent attempt to purchase a mouse that would be an adequate size was purchasing a "Razer Deathadder" which many people had claimed was gigantic and I often read that people were unable to use it because it was simply too large for them. This has not proven to be the case for me, it is still far too small for me.

I'm hoping that people can give me some ideas on what a good, extremely large mouse would be. Although I would prefer a gaming mouse at this point I'd simply be happy to have ANY mouse that would fit properly in my hand. Well, any mouse that had a bare minimum DPI of 800 (though 1000+ or adjustable would be the best possible solution).

All suggestions are appreciated and researched. Thank You.

What's your budget like? I can recommend a few mouses that I own which are pretty huge (too much for me, ha!) but I'm not sure what your wallet is like. :3

Aylaine:
What's your budget like? I can recommend a few mouses that I own which are pretty huge (too much for me, ha!) but I'm not sure what your wallet is like. :3

Money isn't a problem, I'm willing to shell out a lot at this point because even outside of playing games I'd want something that's comfortable to use.

You'll be looking at the G500 or G400 logictech. If you could tell us your hand span perhaps I or someone else can give us an objective measure on "big".

Baron_BJ:

Aylaine:

Money isn't a problem, I'm willing to shell out a lot at this point because even outside of playing games I'd want something that's comfortable to use.

Very well! Here's my suggestion then: Logitech G9x. I bought this a few years back to play games at the time. It has adjustable modes as well as weight to get that perfect "feel" so to speak. I was not able to use the larger mode because it was simply much too big for me. The smaller one did work, though. I can usually use most of the mice I buy from Logitech, but the larger mode for the G9x was just too much. I would watch the video on that page to get an idea of how large it is in real time, then compare it to your hands. :)

I hope this helps!

Must not make Of Mice and Men joke.

My advice is to try Dell, they always seem to be quite generous with their mouse casings.

Lenny.

F*ck.

I use the Cyborg R.A.T. 9, its great and you can just adjust the size of it to fit larger or smaller hands nicely.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

If money isn't a problem, you can't go wrong with this mouse.

I haven't been able to respond to this thread for a little while since I've been busy, but to answer an earlier question my handspan is 26cm. Keep the suggestions coming people, I'm looking into everything that people are bringing up.

I didn't know handspan was even a thing people considered when buying a mouse.
My handspan is aprox. 25cm and I use a tiny mouse, and it doesn't affect my usage of it at all.
Odd.

Arakasi:
My handspan is aprox. 25cm and I use a tiny mouse, and it doesn't affect my usage of it at all.
Odd.

Everyone has preferences though, right?

I cant use mice that are too big, for example. I imagine if the reverse happened to someone, they'd want something with more affinity for their hand size. <3

Arakasi:
Odd.

Apparently it also has a lot to do with where your center of balance is and that can be dependent on things like limb length and overall height and size (for example I'm 6"6").

But yeah, I still want some absurdly large monstrosity of a mouse, I wish I could use some regular mouse.

Baron_BJ:

Arakasi:
Odd.

Apparently it also has a lot to do with where your center of balance is and that can be dependent on things like limb length and overall height and size (for example I'm 6"6").

But yeah, I still want some absurdly large monstrosity of a mouse, I wish I could use some regular mouse.

Did you ever end up finding one you liked? I have a few more suggestions if you haven't. :)

Aylaine:

Baron_BJ:

Arakasi:
Odd.

Did you ever end up finding one you liked? I have a few more suggestions if you haven't. :)

I'm really considering some of the suggestions so far, but I'm still looking for more options before I settle so new input is still really appreciated.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104674

I found this one too. Based on the Newegg video (helpful for determining size) it looks quite bulky. Almost double the size of my current mouse. :3

I bought the R.A.T. 9 and it's amazing. You can change the weight, size, and shape of it.

SlaveNumber23:
I use the Cyborg R.A.T. 9, its great and you can just adjust the size of it to fit larger or smaller hands nicely.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

If money isn't a problem, you can't go wrong with this mouse.

I second this. It is a very customizeable mouse that will fit many hand sizes with ease.

sorry for the hyjack but I wanted to comment on this issue as I also suffer the curse of gigantic hands

its not necessarily about the spread of your hands as you don't tend to cover the mouse with your fingers, more the palm really.
My hand spread is only 260mm but my hands are truly huge.
I currently use the biggest mouse that I know of the MS Explorer Intellimouse 4.0 and even that is dwarfed by my hand and I get constant aching in the palms of my hands.

My present Explorer mouse has expired and I desperately need a new mouse

heres the size of the problem .

couldn't find a replacement mouse so I repaired my old mouse.
The Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 mouse is a large mouse , accutate and smooth and well worth trying to find one if you have huge hands like mine.
Video link below to show the switch repair

VIDEO http://youtu.be/OmpH3mSdpqU

I only have about a 20/21ish cm hand span, but I have the steelseries WoW mouse, and I find it's quite a bit bigger than would be optimal for me, though I don't know if that'd still be too small for you, so maybe you could look into that.

I have a hand span of 26 cm as well, have tried most of the mice that I see suggested, but they all feel to small, so I am eager to try anything. Anyone tried this one though:
http://usb.brando.com/usb-big-mouse_p02543c037d015.html
I'm thinking about ordering it, seems almost too big though with it's dimensions of 10,5cm x 17,5cm.

magz:
I have a hand span of 26 cm as well, have tried most of the mice that I see suggested, but they all feel to small, so I am eager to try anything. Anyone tried this one though:
I'm thinking about ordering it, seems almost too big though with it's dimensions of 10,5cm x 17,5cm.

Now you're talking ..........thats.... a big mouse !

Going to try and order one of those myself . Then i'll need a bigger table lol

peanut:

magz:

Yeah it's obviously made as a joke, so the quality is probably not the best, but I am hoping it still might have some ergonomic value for us freaks of nature. ;)

The old razer boomslang ball mice had large buttons and 2000DPI,that's if they still sell them.

Well just saw the QPAD 5K and it looks pretty good.

peanut:

magz:

Did you manage to order it? I'm also looking for a large mouse (having a 27cm handspan) and this one looks interesting.

Yirg:

peanut:

magz:

Did you manage to order it? I'm also looking for a large mouse (having a 27cm handspan) and this one looks interesting.

Sweet, it makes me happy that there are people with a bigger handspan then mine, you freak. :P

Yeah, I ordered one, and I use it for CAD drawing etc. at work now.
Negative stuff to mention: It has a low quality feel to it, it's slightly more heavy then I like to move around and there are lots of blue led lights on it, so every day is disco day at work now.
Still it's the mouse I found which fits my hand the best, I can rest my whole hand on this, the palm is free from the mouse mat. So it does hold enough ergonomic values for me to use it daily. And at 23$ I can't complain about the price either, thinking I'll order a second one to have at home.

Took some pictures, the big mouse at the left, a Logitech mouse that is considered "big" in the middle, and a 20-pack of king size cigarettes to the right, for a size comparison. I have a huge mouse mat as well.

Thanks Magz for the update and the pictures. You helped me decide... I'm getting one! Hopefully I can find a way to disable the LED's, but even if not, this mouse looks like an ergonomic improvement over anything I've used so far.

I received the mouse and it's pretty cool, but the LEDs are driving me crazy. Any way to disable them (preferably without dismantling the mouse)?

Solved with black tape:

I have some pretty big mitts as well, and have tried a lot of different option. Mice like the Deathadder while being a bit bigger, are still way too narrow for my hands. I have ordered a Jumbo mouse as seen in an earlier post, and look forward to disco madness, but use a R.A.T. 7 setup that I really like. It is expanded out as far as it will go and then I have added about 3/8" of rigid foam to the right hand side, and it feels like a huge improvement. It makes the mouse about 3.25" wide. As opposed to 2.38" wide Mighty Mouse.

buttons and scroll wheel feel really good, and I could even do some gaming if I wanted.

My hand span is 10.75" (27 cm), and 9" from middle finger tip to crease at bottom of hand.

Perchy:
I have some pretty big mitts as well, and have tried a lot of different option. Mice like the Deathadder while being a bit bigger, are still way too narrow for my hands. I have ordered a Jumbo mouse as seen in an earlier post, and look forward to disco madness, but use a R.A.T. 7 setup that I really like. It is expanded out as far as it will go and then I have added about 3/8" of rigid foam to the right hand side, and it feels like a huge improvement. It makes the mouse about 3.25" wide. As opposed to 2.38" wide Mighty Mouse.

buttons and scroll wheel feel really good, and I could even do some gaming if I wanted.

My hand span is 10.75" (27 cm), and 9" from middle finger tip to crease at bottom of hand.

PS: Added some thicker denser foam to it now 3.5" width feels great.

To embed an image, just upload it to a remote host (e.g. postimage.org), then copy the URL to the JPG file between two IMG tags (e.g. {img}http....jpg{/img}, making sure to replace the tag brackets to the square type).

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked