How do I make a successful thread topic?

I was just wondering, if I make a thread topic and no one posts in it, how can I make it so people post in it? I know I'm not allowed to bump it but I feel like I shouldn't post the same topic twice, any thoughts?

Well for one thing, don't make a thread that suppose to get the people to be creative (like what is your statue will be like or if you were an owner of a gaming bar, which gaming characters will go to it?). I learned that from past experience well most of the time it won't get alot of post.
If anything it seen making a thread of a recent shocking news seen to get alot of people reply into it (e.g. the username Pinkamena made a thread on that Norway attacked when it made the headline and he got that badge for 100,000 view). Goes to shows that depite being on a few clicks away to a new website, some of us don't check it out.

Its all about grabbing the reader's interest and keeping their attention. Create a great title for the thread to get people clicking on it, write down a great intro to keep people reading and make sure the topic itself is about something interesting and is actually worth discussing.

Best of luck!

News threads generally bring in viewers.

But honestly, I have had a few successful threads, some unsuccessful ones, just keep trying.

Gendar Wars, Circumcision, Gun laws, Whirlpools, Casuals VS. Hardcore, Religion, Politics, Sexism, Racism... there are other hot button topics but make a thread about one of those and you'll get alot of posts/views.

Now go my young Padawan! Make your threads and revel in the amount of posts/views you recieve!

Quiet Stranger:
I was just wondering, if I make a thread topic and no one posts in it, how can I make it so people post in it? I know I'm not allowed to bump it but I feel like I shouldn't post the same topic twice, any thoughts?

News threads, controversial threads, or basically subjects that many people can relate to will be instantly popular. For example, there's currently a thread in Off Topic called Kindness in Others. Not too many replies. A thread about the flip side would generate considerably more views in comparison. That's because nice things on average happen less often then screwed up things. Everyone can vent in on the negative thread, but only a few people will be able to chime in on the positive one.

Thread titles, as mentioned previously by Blitsie, are also important. If the title doesn't grab the reader visually, they may not visit the thread. However, if it draws their interest enough to click on the link, then you've already won half the battle!

I hope this helps. :)

Make a topic about how feminist democrats are supporting racism in video games and then all start drowning.

hazabaza1:
Make a topic about how feminist democrats are supporting racism in video games and then all start drowning.

This is a good example of a controversial topic. :D

That right there in Off Topic will get some mad postings. Be mindful of the forum rules though when making threads. Better to be safe then sorry. :)

It may not work everyone's, but asking people personal questions can sometimes generate a lot of traffic. Just make sure it's something interesting enough that people might feel a bit uncomfortable with without the anonymity and probably don't include a poll or you might get a lot of drive by votes with no comments. Also if you're asking people to share about themselves always answer your own question.

You might be surprised how much you get just by asking people something they're not used to answering. Also if you can stay active in the thread. It's not low content if you're keeping a discussion going rather than just bumping.

Give it a poll.
Polls bring all the responses.

I accidentally pissed a lot of people off by posting a link about CNN saying that console gaming was dying. I think the author was just trolling for hits on CNN. Now my thread is spiraling out of control, arguing about wages in Australia. It will eventually turn into a thread about politics or Hitler.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked