Im desperate -- Sims 3: Seasons installation help?

I've posted on multiple forums (including the official Sims 3 site) and rigorously researched to no avail. Can anyone at least give me a clue as to what might be causing the error?

Copy Pasta of said problem below:
So, Im having a major issue when trying to install the game.

I purchased it via Amazon download which requires you to install and use Origin to install the game. Not happy about that, but fine. I installed Origin without issue.

I put in my key and was able to download the game, but now when I click install, it gives me an error saying "the sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed."

This makes no sense, as I was just playing the game last night. :\

Any tips? Really don't want to reinstall...

--
Im pretty much at the point where I think going to buy the discs is the easiest option. This is what I get for installing Origin. Thanks for any help!

hey,

Do you have any mods installed? If so, you just have to remove them.
I hope that helped.

Rosa van Dalen:
hey,

Do you have any mods installed? If so, you just have to remove them.
I hope that helped.

Thanks for the reply! I wish I had mods installed at this point, seems like an easier fix! :|

Unfortunately, I don't use mods or CC.

I have no clue what the issue could be :c

Have you tried to install it again?
Maybe something went wrong when you installed it.

Rosa van Dalen:
Have you tried to install it again?
Maybe something went wrong when you installed it.

Thats the problem. It won't let me install at all. I can download the game fine, but when I click install, it gives me that error message I listed.

Its SO frustrating! I have a feeling it has to do with Origin, since I never used that program to install any of my other games.

And have you already updated the game? Maybe that's the problem. It won't install before you updated the game

Rosa van Dalen:
And have you already updated the game? Maybe that's the problem. It won't install before you updated the game

Yeah I had done everything. Last night I spent hours trying to bypass the stupid launcher, installing without Origin... It was a pain.

I finally gave up and just reinstalled everything via Origin. It didn't take long (Maybe 1.5 hours), but I lost all my saves (my doing, didn't want to risk one of them being corrupted). But the good news is that the game is up and working! Yay!!

Thanks for trying to help me out. I appreciate it :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here