Is there something wrong with me?

Okay so let me start off by saying some of you might think this as "weird" but please don't judge too harshly, I've been very lonely lately.

Alright so for the past couple of days there has been this fly in my house. Wherever I go, he is there. He follows me every wheres in my house and always stays close to me. He'll even land on me multiple times and won't even move if I move (like as if I was to move a finger close to him) Here's the kicker, I haven't seen him since this morning and I'm actually a little concerned about what could have happened to him. I know flies don't have long life spans and I shouldn't care at all but for some reason I do, what the hell is wrong with me?

I'm thinking it may be because I'm so neglected by my friends and so here's this thing that just wants to be by me and it's so nice that I've made a bond with this creature, I don't know, what do you guys think?

I don't think there's something wrong with you. I do think that you need to get out more, and consider getting a pet.

First post is right, get a pet, awesome companions!

I remember liking this fly in my house once...then it got stuck in a spider web and I was scared of the spider so I left it to die...

...what could I have done...

TizzytheTormentor:
First post is right, get a pet, awesome companions!

I remember liking this fly in my house once...then it got stuck in a spider web and I was scared of the spider so I left it to die...

...what could I have done...

You let your Fly friend sit and watch silently as one of the most terrifying creatures on the planet slowly liquifies his/her insides and proceeds to drink them. You're a monster and will suffer the same fate.

As for the OP, I would recommend getting a pet or maybe getting out more. I mean... a Fly? Come on you're better the that. I hope.

Nothing wrong with that unless you think there's something wrong with it. And if you think there's something wrong with it, it's not the becoming fond of the fly that's the problem, it's something tangentially related.

Negative! Everyone does something like this, or something similar. I am the exact same way with moths. :)

Well it makes me feel better that I'm not crazy, thanks guys. Thing is though I do have a pet, a cat, and the fly is more "loving" (as if a fly could love) than my cat is.

I've never had a pet, but I have had the same experience as you. Even moreso when I went to India in the summer. It didn't bother me so much in India, as flies were everywhere. So, no. You are not crazy.

I used to have a spider-bro. Made a web from my outside window to the corner of the wall. Stayed there for a month for two, maybe three. Then he died.
Whoops.

Interesting fact. Flys can develop genetic memory. The fly you saw day after day could be the descendent of the first one. It makes sense that you can become attached to something seemingly insignificant but just remember that the times you had together were good. You can always remember it as a friend and think of all the positive outcomes that it may have ended up with. For yourself, I advise getting a pet of sorts. Maybe a pre-trained dog even a fish. Good luck with your search. ^^

Quiet Stranger:
Well it makes me feel better that I'm not crazy, thanks guys. Thing is though I do have a pet, a cat, and the fly is more "loving" (as if a fly could love) than my cat is.

It is a well known fact that cats can only feel contempt so in some sense your fly is as capable of loving you as your cat.

All joking aside I do not think you need to visit the loony bin just yet. We can form attachments to the strangest things and keeping a "pet" fly for a few days is not that big a deal.

What is a slightly bigger deal is that you feel that you have been neglected by your friends to such a degree. Unlike your insect friend this is something you should take a whole lot more serious. Now go pick up the phone and do not put it down until you have some thing lined up with one of your friends (I recommend the new Bond movie myself)

PS: I should point out that you choice of badges does make this fly thing look a little more serious then it otherwise is :p

He was no friend anyway, he probably only liked you for your smell.

Go get something that's less superficial

Everytime I go into the can there's always a single mosquito there. I don't know how he got there and no matter how many times I smash him or ignore him, there's always a single mosquito in there the next time. This is one of the few reasons I believe I'm residing on some minor level of hell, but it's nearly irrelevant as he's spying on me on that crapper and that is unacceptable.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here