Shut up! Err- I mean

I have a friend. This friend is a great friend. Said friend is talking about life decisions. I disagree with them. She is stubborn. No matter what I say, she'll just ignore it and continue talking about how great her life decision is and how it'll save her even though she is wrong. She contradicts herself when she goes on and on about it, and now she's lying to herself and believing it to go ahead with her really foolish decisions. I stopped disagreeing, instead, I just ignore the fact that she's ready to fuck up her life. But she just goes ON AND ON AND ON AND ON; and I really don't like it when I hear people talk about long-life decisions that WILL fuck up their lives but still go full speed ahead. Anyway...

I just want to make her shut up about it without making things worse than they already are.
Any help?

If shes really set on something, understand that it's her life to excel at or to screw up.
She keeps talking about it, could it be because you keep questioning it?

"When you're ready to talk about something else, I'm ready to listen." Sometimes you have to harsh and act the adult in the situation. If she's a good friend, she'll be offended for a while, then move on. If she isn't.... then at least you won't have to hear her anymore.

Really, that's about it. Tell her enough is enough, the decision is made, now it has to play out. You're done talking about it, call that subject taboo and set rules - if it's talked about, you're done.

Many friendships have things that will not be discussed and many people lay down rules about topics. Do so with her, and be done.

Tony:
I have a friend. This friend is a great friend. Said friend is talking about life decisions. I disagree with them. She is stubborn. No matter what I say, she'll just ignore it and continue talking about how great her life decision is and how it'll save her even though she is wrong. She contradicts herself when she goes on and on about it, and now she's lying to herself and believing it to go ahead with her really foolish decisions. I stopped disagreeing, instead, I just ignore the fact that she's ready to fuck up her life. But she just goes ON AND ON AND ON AND ON; and I really don't like it when I hear people talk about long-life decisions that WILL fuck up their lives but still go full speed ahead. Anyway...

I just want to make her shut up about it without making things worse than they already are.
Any help?

If it is that much of a problem for you, then you could ask her to tone it down a bit on the life discussions. Communication is important in friendship. If she never knows how you feel, then she will continue to add strain to your friendship without ever knowing it. It might not go over so smoothly when you ask her, but at least she would know where you are coming from. In the end, we can't change other people. If she is set on what she wants to do with her life, then that is that. Explain to her, though, that the constant discussions are bothering you a bit since you both have different views on life. Alternatively, you could meet her half way too and accept what she wants to do. My philosophy in life is this: accept, but disagree where applicable. That is to say, you may not agree with what other people do, but accepting it as a reality will help you cope with any major differences in relation to what you would do. :)

I hope this helps!

put some head phones on and pretend that lessoning to what they say by just make noies like ok uh huh i know right and yes i'm share they are that

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked