COD Black OPs 2 PS3 keeps freezing

COD Black OPs 2 PS3 keeps freezing. 2 Nights ago, kept freezing on Multiplayer, last night, I played some Multiplayer. Tried one of their movies (not sure if it is on the disc or connects to server) and my system froze. When it freezes like this, I have to mannually power down the system.

Have they been having problems with the servers? My disc? Could the PS3 be dying?

Your advice is appreciated.

It could just be a bug, of all things. I'm honestly stumped as I have PSN problem going on now. Are you sure PSN didn't cause this?

ive been getting the same freezes, locks up the whole ps3 entirely, mines fairly new, updated as it should be and only play 3 games on it so not much memory wasted,.. yeah gotta be an activision bug somewheres, seen lots of posts about not looking at other peoples profiles n such,.. that one got me kicked a few times but theres more bugs than just that one

Gorfias:
snip

I've heard that this is a fairly common issue on the PS3 version unfortunately. I remember this happening on the first Black Ops too, to the point where I got fed up of it so I sold it and bought the Xbox version instead.

I guess you'll have to wait it out for a bit to see if it gets fixed, but you could always try and get your money back for it. I don't know what the legislation is like where you live but here in the UK you'd have some legal recourse.

Hope that helps :)

thesilentman:
It could just be a bug, of all things. I'm honestly stumped as I have PSN problem going on now. Are you sure PSN didn't cause this?

Might be PSN

Shadd Henkelman:
ive been getting the same freezes, locks up the whole ps3 entirely, mines fairly new, updated as it should be and only play 3 games on it so not much memory wasted,.. yeah gotta be an activision bug somewheres, seen lots of posts about not looking at other peoples profiles n such,.. that one got me kicked a few times but theres more bugs than just that one

It is happening less now

Hazy992:

Gorfias:
snip

I've heard that this is a fairly common issue on the PS3 version unfortunately. I remember this happening on the first Black Ops too, to the point where I got fed up of it so I sold it and bought the Xbox version instead.

Scary about you having to sell BO1.

I haven't had the freeze up now in a day. Means it is unlikely my PS3 or the disc. That's a relief anyway.
I guess you'll have to wait it out for a bit to see if it gets fixed, but you could always try and get your money back for it. I don't know what the legislation is like where you live but here in the UK you'd have some legal recourse.

Hope that helps :)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked