I don't know what to do

I'm in a bad situation I guess you could say. I don't know how to make myself happy. I don't care about myself I just try make everyone else happy and that always used to make me happy but now I have no one to make happy anymore. I only have 3 close friends and I never get to see them so I'm usually just at home sad. I've been trying to date again too but it never works about. If anyone could help it would be nice

Eh. There isn't anything in this world worth being happy about anyways. You could try to hang out with your friends more, or make some new friends and hang out with them. Maybe volunteer since you like helping people, then while volunteering make some friends and hang out with them, killing all the birds with one stone.

Empathy is a good thing to have though, it seems that you have somehow become distanced from people to help. I'd suggest trying to join a group of sorts, be it sports or even a guild within a game. In extreme cases you can consider volunteer work for people in disaster areas or just helping out around your local area. Don't feel too depressed about it. You'll find someone.

White Lightning:
Eh. There isn't anything in this world worth being happy about anyways.

That's an incredibly depressing outlook on life. There is so much in the world to be happy about :D Think about all the amazing things out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKWoPlL2B8I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sounds like you need something to like. Maybe you should find a hobby or something that you want to get better at, and practice it. Being happy doesn't always have to be about other people, it always starts with yourself.

ToxicityZombie:
I'm in a bad situation I guess you could say. I don't know how to make myself happy. I don't care about myself I just try make everyone else happy and that always used to make me happy but now I have no one to make happy anymore. I only have 3 close friends and I never get to see them so I'm usually just at home sad. I've been trying to date again too but it never works about. If anyone could help it would be nice

Hmm!

It sounds to me like you might benefit from branching out and discovering new things that make you happy. I know people who are similar to you, in the way that they function moreso for other people then for themselves. It's important to focus on yourself though! After all, how can you be your best for someone else, if you aren't giving yourself that 100% to begin with? In my opinion, it's extremely hard, if not impossible to include anyone else in your life if you don't include yourself in it first. There has to be a beginning that's prone to change, growth, and experience. That's yourself. :)

My advice is to get out there and try a few things. Discover what your passions are, what you feel strongly about. Develop & grow interests, visit new places, and just gain experience that you can build up within yourself. :)

What are some of the things you do at home right now?

I agree with Aylaine(it happens occasionally)
It seems like you've grown somewhat frustrated with your current situation and would benefit from a change. I'd consider trying something new, even something simple, like taking a walk on occasion can help you clear your head. Checking out the areas of town you don't usually go to can be refreshing. It is a simple thing, but just doing anything can help you get out of a rut, and exercise is always a good place to start if you don't know what to do with yourself.

Meeting new people is all about confidence. If you don't care about yourself, then you aren't showing yourself off at your best. Confidence is key, it is true, and it is all about practice. Speaking to new people can be daunting but it does get much easier the more you do it.

Whatever you do, don't fall victim to that idealism that after some point you achieve "happiness" and from then on it's all flowers and susnhine without a care in the world. Oh no, life keeps being just the way life is, which is, constantly throwing stuff at you and it's up to you to deal with said stuff.

That said, get out some. Take a walk. Look around, see if you can't find anything you like. Maybe a library. Or a cozy little caffee that seems to have good music playing. Anything. Learn to play a new card game. Go to a local chess club. Think about yourself before you think of others for once.

Hell, maybe even try to see if there's any part-time jobs around. Seriously, not having a job doesn't suck just because of the "no income" bit.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked