Help ANOTHER noob(-ish) buy a PC

Tight-ist budget. maybe 500 dollars max.

I want at LEAST a dual core, definitely 3.0+ GHz (I know there are other factors, but let's stick with this mkay? :D).

4 (really want more, like y'know, 8, but I can work with 4) GB DDR3 ram.

Decent motherboard, nothing fancy, but it MUST have a PCI-E 16 slot or two for a graphic card.

Naturally the case must be big enough to fit a GTX 260 graphic card.

Obviously graphic card is irrelevent as I already possess a powerful one. I will just turn off whatever is integrated and add that.

Obviously the powersupply must be large enuff, as well as the case and placement of the parts to add the graphic card.

I have attempted to find a PC with a shitty card (integrated) but powerful in all other areas (as I have specified above) and a PCI-e 16 slot for the graphic card, however I have found it very frustrating searching with any amount of specification.

So that's it.

Immortality to whoever wins.

Now for an inexplicable funny gif.

err, wait a minute... o.O Damn!

DIVERT YOUR EYES TO KITTAYS!

*sigh* I give up.

Are you building, or are you trying to buy a pre-made?

And why on earth are you still on a GTX2xx?

AccursedTheory:

Premade, I simply wanna add in the graphic card when I get it.

And why on earth are you still on a GTX2xx?

Actually never used it, current computer is too compact/small to fit it :).

my current graphic card is a measly geforce 6150se nforce 430.

on a 32 bit system.

with 2 gigs of ddr2 ram.

with a duo core of 2.0 ghz.

with 138 gigs of hard drive.

the GTX 260 can run crysis at very reasonable FPS at max settings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udSji5CBC4w

Tell me, what does one such as yourself consider decent? XD For I am but a lowly peasant.

I've been playing games way out of the system's league by lowering settings as low as possible, and some jury-rigging of my own and other's on the games in question...

Notice I've had to deal with this system for about 6 years! ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THIS :D

Bump.

Still need some help.

MickDick:

AccursedTheory:

Why not just go for a new (budget) build? Sure, it'll be expensive now but later on, it's just a matter of upgrading the GPU as an Intel i5 (let alone an i7, those things truly are overkill) will last you a good 7 years from now.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $81.99
Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard $61.97
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $29.99
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card $214.98
Case: Apex Vortex 3620 ATX Mid Tower Case $31.62
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $53.99
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer $15.99
Total: $545.52 (shipped)

maybe get slower ram and a slightly shittier graphics card, there you have your 500 dollars, miles and miles above what you listed above

AlwaysPractical:
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $53.99

maybe get slower ram and a slightly shittier graphics card, there you have your 500 dollars, miles and miles above what you listed above

I don't mean to build a computer, merely to buy a prebuilt that is highly advanced in every area other than the GPU, and upon recieving it, just add in the GTX 260, sorry.

thesilentman:

MickDick:

AccursedTheory:

Why not just go for a new (budget) build? Sure, it'll be expensive now but later on, it's just a matter of upgrading the GPU as an Intel i5 (let alone an i7, those things truly are overkill) will last you a good 7 years from now.

Well, if you can link me to what you think is best as long as it is within my range, sure I guess.

Remember, my main problem is finding the right computer, within my budget...

AlwaysPractical:

Do you watch Tek Syndicate by any chance? :D

OT: I don't really see the point in buying a prebuilt that isn't very spectacular when you could spend around $500 and build your own then just sell your 260. The rig AlwaysPractical linked would be an awesome option as the 7870 is such an awesome card. I really can't recommend that card enough and it destroys the 260.

Hazy992:
Do you watch Tek Syndicate by any chance? :D

Love em love em love em.

MickDick: Go with the setup TekSyndicate suggested (above) maybe and stick your card in there? Or at least try to get something a little better than a 260?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked