When is it too early to give someone a gift?

Pretty much what the title says. I ask because I am going out with this girl to go see the midnight release of The Hobbit. Mind you she ask me to come with her to see the movie after I was going to ask her to see the movie with me. I would not so much say that it is an actual date because we are going with her friends, however, I soon learned that her birthday is on the 13th, so pretty much the day that we are going to see the movie. I guess does seem weird to give a girl a gift on a first date, considering that the date is on her birthday?

Well, if you're going with friends, like you say, it's not really a first date. But either way, if you know someone well enough that they want to go to the pictures with you a present on their birthday is always a nice thing. In fact, if it were an actual date I'd say you'd definitely want to get her something, I'd imagine that would very much put you in her good books.

Just, don't get anything too fancy or expensive, of course. Just a little something like a trinket or some nice candy or something.

lisadagz:
Well, if you're going with friends, like you say, it's not really a first date. But either way, if you know someone well enough that they want to go to the pictures with you a present on their birthday is always a nice thing. In fact, if it were an actual date I'd say you'd definitely want to get her something, I'd imagine that would very much put you in her good books.

Just, don't get anything too fancy or expensive, of course. Just a little something like a trinket or some nice candy or something.

Her friends not mine. Haven't even met them.

lisadagz:

Exactly what I have in mind, just get her something little to show you care about her.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked