Good Co-op games

Me and my girlfriend need a good Co-op game we can play. The problem is that I don't really know of any good games for someone who doesn't game that much.

She likes:
Minecraft
kingdom hearts
Skyrim

that's about it, really. She haven't really played much more than that.

I like:
Rpgs. Like the elder scrolls.
RTS
Block-builders
Survival games. Like Project zomboid a lot and games like don't starve

I may have forgotten something yeah...

The reason we don't play minecraft is because our connection apparently hates minecraft and because I'm a little bit tired of it.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It's for PC. I'm not really much of a console player and she doesn't own any console.

What platform?
If you've got a PS2 pick up a game from the Champions of Norrath of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance series. Great hack'n'slash games with really fun co-op.

Terraria. It's kind of like a 2D Minecraft, but focused more on crafting and survival and less on creativity. I would highly recommend having the wiki open though, this game is almost as hard to figure out as Minecraft.

Any of the various Lego games?

I just aquired the Lord of the Rings: War in the North game for me and my girlfriend to give a try on the ps3.

hazabaza1:
What platform?
If you've got a PS2 pick up a game from the Champions of Norrath of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance series. Great hack'n'slash games with really fun co-op.

For PC^^

I added that in the OP now.

ThriKreen:
Any of the various Lego games?

We will most likely pick up lego Lord of the rings soon. That should be pretty fun.

Portal 2 is great fun co-op and I believe is on sale on steam at the moment.

Girl With One Eye:

This, this, a million times this.
Not just for the great puzzle game-play and good story in the single player, but because then your relationship will become stronger because it will endures attacks from a crazed sentient robot.

Also, depending on your style, I would recommend sanctum, it's a sort of Tower Defense and FPS hybrid, and you can win by just sticking to one of the two, which may help if you don't both have the exact same tastes.
Also, Dungeon Defenders and Orcs must Die 2.

And as long as neither of you are that bothered about being constantly murdered by each other in co-op, Magicka is both cheap and cheerful.

Oooh and I almost forgot, Jamestown, a top down shooter than you can use for coop on a single computer.

william124:

Girl With One Eye:

This, this, a million times this.
Not just for the great puzzle game-play and good story in the single player, but because then your relationship will become stronger because it will endures attacks from a crazed sentient robot.

Also, depending on your style, I would recommend sanctum, it's a sort of Tower Defense and FPS hybrid, and you can win by just sticking to one of the two, which may help if you don't both have the exact same tastes.
Also, Dungeon Defenders and Orcs must Die 2.

And as long as neither of you are that bothered about being constantly murdered by each other in co-op, Magicka is both cheap and cheerful.

Oooh and I almost forgot, Jamestown, a top down shooter than you can use for coop on a single computer.

wow.. how did I not think of ANY of those? wow...
thanks, I will ask her if she wants to play any of these. And I wont suggest magicka. I don't want a brake up xD

Cyfu:

hazabaza1:
What platform?

For PC^^

I added that in the OP now.

Hmm.
Well, excluding stuff like Dungeon Defenders and the like that's been mentioned...
Killing Floor? Not much like what you're used to but a fun "wave survival" game.

Guild wars 2 is a pretty decent MMO if you could get into those. Needs a fairly decent set up to run well, though.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked