Where should I post what I have written?

Hello, fellow Escapists. I have recently begun writing a small fantasy story, and I figure that I will likely never be able to publish it (even if I wanted to). I am looking for advice on where I should post it online, because I figure that other people might as well see it.

DeviantArt is a start, though the community there is a bit notorious. Are there any other popular, respectable sites on which I can post my writing that you all know of?

Is it an original story or a fanfic? If the latter, post it to fanfiction.net and some fansites for whatever it is a fanfic of.

For the former, maybe Reddit or make a tumblr that links to it or something?

Amethyst Wind:
Is it an original story or a fanfic? If the latter, post it to fanfiction.net and some fansites for whatever it is a fanfic of.

For the former, maybe Reddit or make a tumblr that links to it or something?

It's an original story (I'm aware of fanfiction.net). Thanks for the idea!

EquestrianGeneral:

There's always the original fiction counterpart fictionpress.com *shrug*

SckizoBoy:

EquestrianGeneral:

There's always the original fiction counterpart fictionpress.com *shrug*

Funny thing is, I think I stumbled across that website a few months ago and promptly forgot the name. Thanks for reminding me!

I do recommend trying to get it published. Even if you don't think it will. Maybe find an editor, if you don't have one already.

I'll be willing to help with it.

saintdane05:
I do recommend trying to get it published. Even if you don't think it will. Maybe find an editor, if you don't have one already.

I'll be willing to help with it.

If you'd be willing to read through it and give me whatever criticism you can, it'd be much appreciated! I haven't finished it yet, but it's about 45 pages (on Microsoft Word at 12 font) thus far.

EquestrianGeneral:
-snip-

Well, the best critic is a best friend with no qualms about giving you good criticism.

Also, as a fellow writer (though not published, so take my methods with a grain of salt) I suggest you wait till you have somewhere between 50-100 pages before showing it off. This way you have a good base to work with and due to the investment your less likely to give up if its harsh.

That said I'd be willing to look it over if you wanted to email it to me, if not, like I said, send it to a friend or if your still in a form of school try an english teacher/professor you like.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked