Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562, how I can use only the one SIM card?

My father decided to buy a new mobile phone recently. So he bought the Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. One of the main features it have is having two SIm card slots.

So my father did put two SIM cards inside the phone. But my father now want to use only the one SIM card, while he have the two SIM cards in the phone. I don't know why he don't want to have only the one SIM card inside the phone and not two at the same time, he just want to be that way.

Anyway, myself I am not a big fan of the new phones [I have an old sony ericsson C510. Glorious phone in my opinion], so I don't know the solution for this problem.

Do you know how to have two SIM cards in Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562, but be only the one active?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Depends what you mean by active. I believe you can choose which SIM you use for data or outgoing calls and messages, but as long as it's in there I suspect there isn't any way to stop it from receiving calls except maybe barring calls from any number or some other method of rendering it inactive, there should be call barring settings in there somewhere, though I can't say how it handles multiple SIMs. This is all just speculation btw, I've not used a phone with multiple SIMs before, not to mention this is an unusual situation. Is he just putting it in there for safe keeping? Why not just sit it under the battery cover or something if he doesn't actually want it working?

xXSnowyXx:
Depends what you mean by active. I believe you can choose which SIM you use for data or outgoing calls and messages, but as long as it's in there I suspect there isn't any way to stop it from receiving calls except maybe barring calls from any number or some other method of rendering it inactive, there should be call barring settings in there somewhere, though I can't say how it handles multiple SIMs. This is all just speculation btw, I've not used a phone with multiple SIMs before, not to mention this is an unusual situation. Is he just putting it in there for safe keeping? Why not just sit it under the battery cover or something if he doesn't actually want it working?

I am really, REALLY sorry I am so late to answer you.
Gladly we found a solution together with my father and everything is alright.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked