Video's on escapist and my PC

Ok, the last 2 weeks or so when I watch a video on escapist after a few minutes I get a blue-screen saying something in the form of "critical video driver failure)... It doesn't happen when watching video's elsewhere (youtube/from my pc/etc) so it has to be something on escapist...

I have 2 ati 4800HD series crossfire.

Does anyone know about this problem? is there a solution or am I destined to watch escapist on youtube (1 week later then on the site... :( )

I already tried reinstalling the video drivers (completely clean install, and older versions) to no avail.

Thanks for all the feedback!

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7

Lopende Paddo:
Ok, the last 2 weeks or so when I watch a video on escapist after a few minutes I get a blue-screen saying something in the form of "critical video driver failure)... It doesn't happen when watching video's elsewhere (youtube/from my pc/etc) so it has to be something on escapist...

I have 2 ati 4800HD series crossfire.

Does anyone know about this problem? is there a solution or am I destined to watch escapist on youtube (1 week later then on the site... :( )

I already tried reinstalling the video drivers (completely clean install, and older versions) to no avail.

Thanks for all the feedback!

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7

It's a website issue. Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser? Did you update to the latest Flash? Are all your graphics drivers up to date? If not, do all of those things and try again. If it doesn't work, get back to me.

thesilentman:

Lopende Paddo:
snip

It's a website issue. Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser? Did you update to the latest Flash? Are all your graphics drivers up to date? If not, do all of those things and try again. If it doesn't work, get back to me.

OK, so i tried all three of those things (already updated my graphics drivers) and I still get an error (Amd driver crashed and recovered (its in dutch on my PC but thats basically what it says)) if i try looking at a video again I know by repeated testing that I will get a windows blue screen and my pc will reset.

I have no clue what the problem is here...

Try removing one of the cards and see if the problem persists

AWAR:

Switched from crosfire HD4870x2 to single HD6870, problem solved.

Not sure if it was the crossfire or the driver but it fixed it.

thanks for the tips!

Lopende Paddo:

AWAR:

Switched from crosfire HD4870x2 to single HD6870, problem solved.

Not sure if it was the crossfire or the driver but it fixed it.

thanks for the tips!

No problem, congrats on your new card.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked