My keyboard doens't work during the BIOS screen:(

so I'm trying to reformat my computer but my keyboard is fucking retarded or just don't work during the BIOS screen. one of the two. Is there a reason for this and is there a work around?

The keyboards I've tried are:
Some old logitech keyboard (USB)
and G15 logitech (USB)

I will try and look for some other keyboard in my house but it's not likely that I will find one so a work around would be most appreciated. :)

Try a different USB slot...Try all of them...Remove your mouse if you must. What about PS/2 connectors?

Your bios likely either doesn't support USB keyboards or isn't configured to use them. You'll need a PS/2 keyboard for it, but there's probably a setting the in bios to detect USB keyboards once you get there.

What they said ^^

Also, if you have multiple USB ports make sure you're plugged into one on the Motherboard and not an extra USB card.

mad825:
Try a different USB slot...Try all of them...Remove your mouse if you must. What about PS/2 connectors?

xXSnowyXx:
Your bios likely either doesn't support USB keyboards or isn't configured to use them. You'll need a PS/2 keyboard for it, but there's probably a setting the in bios to detect USB keyboards once you get there.

Eleuthera:
What they said ^^

Also, if you have multiple USB ports make sure you're plugged into one on the Motherboard and not an extra USB card.

Ok sorry for responding for this so late, my girlfriend have been here the last couple of days so I haven't had the time to sit on my computer.

Anyways, I got my hands on a keyboard that worked and started reformatting my PC. everything went fine and when it started rebooting and all that and is supposed to be finished (I think, never really reformatted my PC before) my screen is just black and have been like this for about an hour. Should I just wait or have I ballsed up?

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA. I had to screens connected and i had only turned on one of them. wow, that's embarrassing.

EDIT 2: aaand now my computer froze... wow.. that's just great. it froze when I wrote in the password I wanted to have and now I can't do anything.. Any suggestions?

This will hopefully be the last time I update this thread. I friend of mine told to just turn the computer off and try again. It worked so, thank you. I appreciate it! :)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked