Need help plugging in my SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive

I need help plugging in my SEGA Mega Drive (SEGA Genesis in US). for the console I have two cables, one is for power, the other plugs into the back of the tv. the tv is relatively modern, flatscreen with 'Sharp' written on the stand

i know how to plug everything in, but on various questionnaire forums it said to turn the tv on channel 3, but it's possible it could be different where I live (europe).

Any help?

What type of cable do you connect to the television with? Scart (wide square-ish), Coax (single round plug), Composite (several round plugs red, yellow, white), something completely different?

Eleuthera:
What type of cable do you connect to the television with? Scart (wide square-ish), Coax (single round plug), Composite (several round plugs red, yellow, white), something completely different?

the side that connects to the tv is round with a small plug in the middle, so my guess is a Coax

Sorry, I tried looking up the information you need, but there's just too many variables to give a clear answer.

The most likely solution (assuming you plugged everything in correctly) is to use the search for channels option of your tv. Most of the forums I've found only advise to get a converter cable.

I tried installing a couple new channels, and when i had put a few new ones on and zapped on the first one. Thank you for your efforts!

yeah what you have is a coax connection which depending on the TV would most likely need to be tuned
just do a channel search and it should pop up. in the case of AV connections (red, white,yellow) you would switch between av channels (mostly HDMI these days)

If it's a coac cable or something that plugs into the aerial you have to tune it by searching for channels on your TV. I'd recommend getting a SCART or AV cable though as the quality through coax sucks. I hook my Mega Drive up to my TV through a SCART lead and it's way better than when it was coax.

talker:
I tried installing a couple new channels, and when i had put a few new ones on and zapped on the first one. Thank you for your efforts!

If you're using the coax cable you probably have to change your TV's input. It may also be called 'Source'. So where you can choose things like 'HDMI1', 'HDMI2', 'AV', etc., go to the input called 'ANT' or Antenna.

It may also be called Cable or Air.

talker:

searching the channel is the best way to get the game screen visible. You can also try channel 0 which could also be the right channel.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked