Looking for the perfect mouse for my computer

I have tiny hands. I mean, seriously tiny even if you take into account that I am 5 foot tall.

i use the computer and the mouse a lot for my work, and each day, i end up with serious muscle pains in my right arm from using my mouse.
Just yesterday, my most favorite mouse broke, and now I am looking for a new one.
In hind sight, I realise that I was using a buffalo mouse which is why the damn thing broke after about four months. (SRMB01, in case anyone is interested.)

I am considering using a trackball mouse since I hear that it is less tiring for your arm.
I was able to get my hands on a old Logitech trackball mouse, and I found it quite comfortable, but the mouse is huge!
I find it a bit tough to reach the buttons, though I may get used to it with time.

So, tell me.
What mouse do you use? Do you have any suggestions?
My budget is about 50 bucks tops because I drop and break things really easily, however, I am interested in hearing reviews for super high end ones if you use any.

Personally, I use the Cyborg R.A.T. 7. Yes, it's way out of your price range, and I'm not saying you need to spend this much, but I think this mouse is worth hearing about anyway. Basically, the mouse is designed to be super-adjustible. You can adjust the weight, the angle of the thumb rest, how far back the palm rest goes, and more. Again, it's expensive, and you might not be able to get it quite as small as you want it, but it's worth taking a look at.

I'm actually using a mouse that's very similar in size and shape to your old one. Wireless (takes a single double A, none of that triple A crap), 2000DPI, forward/back buttons, DPI switcher, $12 on eBay. I've had it a few months and it hasn't broken yet (despite being a cheaply made import that I've dropped a few times), I find it probably more comfortable than any other mouse I've had so far, and look how damn cheap it is. Even if it were to die today it wouldn't bother me, it's lasted long enough for the price, and I could just buy another one. link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-Buttons-2-4G-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-1000-1600-2000-DPI-For-Laptop-PC-MAC-Black-/360524142683

My friend has a R.A.T 7, and while it looks awesome, it feels weird as hell to use (it's completely covered in buttons and doesn't really have a uniform shape so it's hard to tell what your hands are actually on without looking). Plus, it costs a bundle, and I'm stingy (I mean, I'll probably take it if he gets another new one, I do like his old cyborg v7 keyboard).

xXSnowyXx:
My friend has a R.A.T 7, and while it looks awesome, it feels weird as hell to use (it's completely covered in buttons and doesn't really have a uniform shape so it's hard to tell what your hands are actually on without looking). Plus, it costs a bundle, and I'm stingy (I mean, I'll probably take it if he gets another new one, I do like his old cyborg v7 keyboard).

Does your friend have the R.A.T. 7 MMO mouse? Because the non-MMO one really doesn't have substantially more buttons than anything else. Although I will agree that the price could be a big reason to not get it.

ohnoitsabear:
Does your friend have the R.A.T. 7 MMO mouse? Because the non-MMO one really doesn't have substantially more buttons than anything else. Although I will agree that the price could be a big reason to not get it.

Turns out he does have that one, didn't realize there was a different one under more-or-less the same name. It's mostly the extra left and right buttons on the MMO version that I have gripes with, they're too easy to accidentally click, through I'm still not a fan of the side scroller on both models for the same reason. Plus the weird contours all over it make it difficult to tell what is actually a button and what is just a weird groove.

Well for small hands I'd recommend the Razor Lachesis, but its well outside your price range. I stopped using it because it was designed for someone with smaller hands than I. I went back to the Logitech G500 which is based of the Logitech Mouseman. Its still the best design of mouse that stays reasonably priced. And its durable, my equipment takes alot of punishment from near constant use. The old Logitech Mouseman thats roughly 9 years old is still working. Even though pretty much every identifying mark has been worn off of it. As for cheap mice downsized for small hands, perhaps look into laptop/portable mice. They are usually pretty small.

I advise DO NOT get a Razer mice, ESPECIALLY the damn Lachesis brand. I have one and both it and the drivers crash so often. Every owner I know who had one, had the same issue. Razer keyboards I will admit are nice, but mice, they make really badly made drivers for them.

my partner uses a G500 and it's not small. it's built for quite a long hand.

I suppose you could try a CoolerMaster CM Storm Inferno, they're just under $50 and not too big, as well as the Logitech G300.

Another good one is the Logitech G9x, though it's more on the expensive/high tier side. Otherwise you should be able to grab a G9 (non x version) for a decent price, given its age.

Angie7F:
I have tiny hands. I mean, seriously tiny even if you take into account that I am 5 foot tall.

i use the computer and the mouse a lot for my work, and each day, i end up with serious muscle pains in my right arm from using my mouse.
Just yesterday, my most favorite mouse broke, and now I am looking for a new one.
In hind sight, I realise that I was using a buffalo mouse which is why the damn thing broke after about four months. (SRMB01, in case anyone is interested.)

I am considering using a trackball mouse since I hear that it is less tiring for your arm.
I was able to get my hands on a old Logitech trackball mouse, and I found it quite comfortable, but the mouse is huge!
I find it a bit tough to reach the buttons, though I may get used to it with time.

So, tell me.
What mouse do you use? Do you have any suggestions?
My budget is about 50 bucks tops because I drop and break things really easily, however, I am interested in hearing reviews for super high end ones if you use any.

I don't know if you they have this deal near you, but I was able to get a mouse that looks the same size (according to Google images) and a keyboard (nice one, too) for 80 USD. The mouse was a Logitech M705 and the keyboard was a K750, also by Logitech. Just something you may want to consider.

Why is everyone suggesting mice of well over 50 dollars when the guy clearly said 50 dollars tops?

I'd get a logitech gaming mouse. I personally have the MX518. The G400 is pretty much the same as my MX518 (which isn't available anymore it seems) so I'd get that. It costs just over 50 dollars. It's a GREAT mouse. It's simple as even though you get drivers with it they aren't needed. It's comfortable, at least for me. It has always worked. And...yea, what more do you need?

Alternatively there's the M500, which is simpler and a bit less gaming orientated, but also around 20 dollars cheaper.

sanquin:
Why is everyone suggesting mice of well over 50 dollars when the guy clearly said 50 dollars tops?

I'd get a logitech gaming mouse. I personally have the MX518. The G400 is pretty much the same as my MX518 (which isn't available anymore it seems) so I'd get that. It costs just over 50 dollars. It's a GREAT mouse. It's simple as even though you get drivers with it they aren't needed. It's comfortable, at least for me. It has always worked. And...yea, what more do you need?

Alternatively there's the M500, which is simpler and a bit less gaming orientated, but also around 20 dollars cheaper.

Because the average Gaming Mouse IS over $50, otherwise we would be recommending something cheaper. Problem with older models such as the G400 is no one stocks them, thus people have no choice but newer models.

Ziadaine:
Because the average Gaming Mouse IS over $50, otherwise we would be recommending something cheaper. Problem with older models such as the G400 is no one stocks them, thus people have no choice but newer models.

The G400 (and G300) are still buyable on Logitech's site... I see no problem with buying it from the actual manufacturer instead of from some retail store. Heck, best buy (and in my country bol.com) does sell the G400. For 30 dollars no less. So it's not true that no one sells them any more.

One of the best mice I ever owned was a cheap shit Logitech LS-1 laser mouse.

thank you every one for the suggestions.
I have spent two days in the huge electronics store in Shibuya (Tokyo) and still have not reached a conclusion.
However during that time, I have already dropped my back up mouse several times, and probably need to make a decision about my nest mouse pretty soon.

My Logitech track ball is getting more and more comfortable.
Maybe I just need to get a mousepad thingy with an arm rest so that my hand come in over the mouse, not from under it.
I think that way I can reach the buttons better.

I am amazed at how everyone seems to have a fairly high end mouse.
i did see the R.A.T. 7 but had totally ignored it because i thought "those are for MMO players".
However now that i think about it, it probably could be good for me.
( I wont take it to the office though because that is where I drop my mouse most often)

I think it would be fun to open up this thread to general mouse and keyboard recommendation regardless of the price range because now I am getting interested in the high-end models after looking at the links :D

If you plan on getting a Razer, get a Deathadder. They're not as bad as some say. Just make sure the shop you buy it from has good warranty policies.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked