Graphic Card Troubles.

Pages PREV 1 2

A Satanic Panda:

Realitycrash:

A Satanic Panda:

In MSI Afterburner, find the fan control at just lock it at 100%

After looking around the AMD forums they say 100C is acceptable for the 7000 series. (I say that temperature is ludicrous, you could boil water) And that 105C triggers a shutdown.

Anyway, next time your card blacks out try and use the DVI port on the card and on the motherboard.

The card doesn't have a fan, so I guess you mean the CPU-fan?
And even if it is 'acceptable', should it really run this hot? Really? Or is the card flawed? Because a graphics-card doesn't require thermal-paste, right?

Okey, if it blacks out again (which it probably will), I can use the DVI-port and get into BIOS..And I should look at what..? What could possibly be changed? I mean especially since it boots at times, and other times it does not..

I'd contact ASUS on the issue, but it doesn't have a fan, (and it really should) so I guess it's "ok" to a degree. If I were you though I'd return it and get one with a fan.

Try the DVI port on the card first. If that works consistently then problem solved! If you have to use the boards port then look around for PCI Settings and Default Video Adapter.

I AM using the DVI-port on the graphics-card (the 'standard' port, right?) I don't know what else I would be using?

Realitycrash:

A Satanic Panda:

Realitycrash:

The card doesn't have a fan, so I guess you mean the CPU-fan?
And even if it is 'acceptable', should it really run this hot? Really? Or is the card flawed? Because a graphics-card doesn't require thermal-paste, right?

Okey, if it blacks out again (which it probably will), I can use the DVI-port and get into BIOS..And I should look at what..? What could possibly be changed? I mean especially since it boots at times, and other times it does not..

I'd contact ASUS on the issue, but it doesn't have a fan, (and it really should) so I guess it's "ok" to a degree. If I were you though I'd return it and get one with a fan.

Try the DVI port on the card first. If that works consistently then problem solved! If you have to use the boards port then look around for PCI Settings and Default Video Adapter.

I AM using the DVI-port on the graphics-card (the 'standard' port, right?) I don't know what else I would be using?

I thought you might had been using the HDMI port, sense it was known to have problems. You could try HDMI if it blacks out again though.

A Satanic Panda:

Realitycrash:

A Satanic Panda:

I thought you might had been using the HDMI port, sense it was known to have problems. You could try HDMI if it blacks out again though.

..I don't think my screen actually supports HDMI. It doesn't seem to have an input-port for a HDMI-cable anyway (I'll have to check when I am home). If it does, I lack the cable for it.

I managed, once more, to get the screen to display an imagine (though don't ask me how), and booted up Shogun 2 and played it on the lowest possible setting, just to test how warm the Radeon 7750 would get.
..I turned the game off at 80C. Seriously, that can't be right. I'm fucking positive that my piece of shit Radeon 7400 could play it at Lowest setting and not get that warm, and it doesn't even have a heatsink!

Realitycrash:
I managed, once more, to get the screen to display an imagine (though don't ask me how), and booted up Shogun 2 and played it on the lowest possible setting, just to test how warm the Radeon 7750 would get.
..I turned the game off at 80C. Seriously, that can't be right. I'm fucking positive that my piece of shit Radeon 7400 could play it at Lowest setting and not get that warm, and it doesn't even have a heatsink!

I think you should send it in as defective. Possibly get a card by a different maker, like Sapphire. That may also solve your blacking out issue.

You should double check the temperature readings with different software before making any extreme moves. Speedfan is a fairly reliable software. If the card really runs at 100c, well that spells trouble.. I recommend sending it in as a defective too. If you can't do that, maybe you should try getting a new GPU heatsink.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked