New Latop Question

So I recently purchased a laptop that was on sale and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice and opinions on how to update a few things on it. The main updates Im interested in is the video card and ram though I dont know which ones to get though if you see anything else that needs replacement please feel free to let me know. Also I was thinking of downgrading to Windows 7 Pro

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.40GHz 53 C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
48 C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce 610M
Hard Drives
699GB Seagate ST750LM022 HN-M750MBB (SATA) 33 C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

You can't update anything but the RAM, which at 6 gigs is more than enough.

EDIT: Maybe putting in an SSD drive, but it's hardly worth the money.

AWAR:
You can't update anything but the RAM, which at 6 gigs is more than enough.

EDIT: Maybe putting in an SSD drive, but it's hardly worth the money.

I thought the type of video card/chip this has was removable? Or was I mistaken when I purchased this one and if thats the case should I return this for another model?

EDIT: What benifits would the SSD drive provide?

KaiserKnight:
snip

I never heard of a Laptop with a removable graphics card, what's your particular model?
An SSD would provide faster boot times, maybe faster loading times for games.

GPU's cant be change on Laptops as they're built INTO the Motherboard. RAM is swappable, though @ 6GB, that's plenty. You can swap the HDD out for a SSD, but with 720GB space on the HDD you have, I'd wait until you hit 200GB left, take it out and put it in a 2.5" SATA case. Then install a SATA SSD.

Other then that, you can't really do anything. Still, for ~$700 US, that's a good deal for it.

EDIT: Like said above, SSD's provide with faster load times, on a laptop it would be good since you can only fit 1 HDD in at a time.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here